The first post

celeron55
Administrator
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

The first post

by celeron55 » Post

I guess this works now. So, the forum software has been chosen with the only criterion of being lightweight enough for me to host it. If you love phpbb, my bad; but I think this should do the job well.

I will be reading the discussion not so often (to not kill all my inspiration), mainly focusing on bugs. But feel free to talk about anything with your fellow players.

iKeyZ

by iKeyZ » Post

It's a great thing you have here and I hope you stay on with it for a while, you're doing a good job.

If you need any help hosting anything I can give you a hand as I co-own a small web host, just let me know!

celeron55
Administrator

by celeron55 » Post

iKeyZ: Good to know; I might ask you for some help if I run into trouble with this. Not likely to happen in a while though.

Googlebob

by Googlebob » Post

Pretty impressive! I'll definately be giving this a go, at work atm

Seems like you're pretty on top of things but just in case...

I noticed you said the game has no sound - I've got a home recording setup and quite a reasonable range of instruments to hand etc. I know it's a small contribution but if you'd like some music for your game feel free to email ;)

celeron55
Administrator

by celeron55 » Post

Googlebob: Before being able to include any sounds to the game, I will need to make the sound system for it. So, no sounds in a while, but definitely at some point. I do know people would really like to have some sounds.

It will mostly be sounds of the actions of the player, creatures and some ambient sounds. Maybe some ambient music. Not sure if I can find good and suitable enough music though.

Googlebob

by Googlebob » Post

Sure dude well feel free to give me a shout any time :p

Personally I think the soundtrack of a game helps to add to it's personality so it's always nice to have you're own soundtrack that reflects the theme or feel you had in mind when building the game

Sound effects isn't something I've done before but always open to giving it a try if you wanted!

djm

by djm » Post

These forums are just fine! Personally I enjoy the sleek setup.

Also the no sound thing can be compensated by grooveshark!

zdavis

by zdavis » Post

Hi I'm new to the minetest scene but I just want to say that as it is right now this is an intresting game. Keep up the good work!

dux

by dux » Post

PunBB does just as good a piece of work as phpBB :) It's just so god-damn ugly...

This forum will also help spreading the word, and tell people about the game. An idea
would be to do some youtube videos telling about the progress, developement and features of the game.

To be honest it was almost impossible for me to find the game.

-- dux
Currently doing a Mario-TexturePack :D

James

by James » Post

Hi,

I'm very interested in the terrain generator. Just changing a few constants in map.cpp can give very different maps.

I'd like to change the map generator code to use different constants for different areas of the map. This would create a variety of smooth hills and steep mountains.

James.

RustyShackleQuan

by RustyShackleQuan » Post

I have been following this project for a while now and I am very excited to see it evolving the way it is, keep up the good work. :-)

u34

by u34 » Post

I like your project. keep it up with your work. I hope that the devs implement more features in the future.