Search found 2420 matches

by TumeniNodes
Sun Oct 17, 2021 00:39
Forum: WIP Mods
Topic: [mod]mg_earth (Lua Mapgen)
Replies: 5
Views: 188

Re: [mod]mg_earth (Lua Mapgen)

Definitely keeping an eye on this
by TumeniNodes
Tue Jul 27, 2021 23:17
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Post your screenshots!
Replies: 10257
Views: 1448219

Re: Post your screenshots!

v-rob wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 19:26
SB66 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 18:21
Strange effect...
That's an old bug caused by incorrect transparency sorting. There's a PR, #11130, to fix it.
That bug causes the water to show from 2 diff positions, and not show from the other 2
(meaning: North, South, East, West)
Will be nice to see fixed
by TumeniNodes
Thu Jul 22, 2021 02:22
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: What happens this year with Minetez? (Mistery)
Replies: 6
Views: 736

Re: What happens this year with Minetez? (Mistery)

I have noticed that the forums are lately down and the community is dormant. Last year, 2020, was one of the best in terms of activity in the entire history of Minetest. But this year the thing has declined, and a lot. Many people are even announcing that they are leaving. The pandemic? Fed up? Des...
by TumeniNodes
Tue Jul 13, 2021 02:34
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Post your videos!
Replies: 1041
Views: 166373

Re: Post your videos!

rudzik8 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:18
My Minetest gameplay (episode 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50AuO54Lg8
Nice recording... I LOVE the music score... I was half expecting Snoopy to show up :D
Hand's down, THE best music I've ever heard with a Minetest Game video... I enjoyed it
by TumeniNodes
Sat Jul 03, 2021 23:46
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Post your screenshots!
Replies: 10257
Views: 1448219

Re: Post your screenshots!

Wuzzy wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 17:43
Image
That's illegal...

oss

Image
by TumeniNodes
Tue Jun 08, 2021 17:15
Forum: Modding Discussion
Topic: Post your mapgen questions here (modding or engine)
Replies: 747
Views: 90650

Re: Post your mapgen questions here (modding or engine)

Though I've not updated in a bit, I think the menu is the same now? When you click on "new", to the right are the flags for mapgen, simply un-tick dungeons (this will result in an empty box/no check mark), then create new world. That should be all you need to do, and then just use the resu...
by TumeniNodes
Tue Jun 08, 2021 01:10
Forum: Minetest-related projects
Topic: Omicron - prerelease 0.7 "Tweaky Update"
Replies: 221
Views: 29777

Re: Omicron - prerelease 0.7 "Tweaky Update"

Don't work! glLinkProgram failed: error: linking with uncompiled/unspecialized shade OpenGL error during compilation? why? how? I thought I fixed it all ;-; Man I can't understand how shaders always behave differently for some people. I shall look into it if I can. Shaders are hardware specific, mo...
by TumeniNodes
Tue Jun 08, 2021 01:06
Forum: Servers
Topic: Behaivor and Hate
Replies: 5
Views: 511

Re: Behaivor and Hate

Suggestions:
If the server has any admin contact info (which they all should as a requirement to be on the server list) "which is my own opinion" contact an admin.
Or... find another server to enjoy, and forget about this one.
by TumeniNodes
Tue Jun 08, 2021 00:58
Forum: Modding Discussion
Topic: Post your mapgen questions here (modding or engine)
Replies: 747
Views: 90650

Re: Post your mapgen questions here (modding or engine)

Are you setting nodungeons "before" you create the world?
Dumb question? Yes, but ya nevah know.
If not, try doing that and then explore to see if there are still dungeons
by TumeniNodes
Tue Jun 08, 2021 00:53
Forum: Partly official engine development
Topic: Trying to implement Shadow Mapping
Replies: 145
Views: 15188

Re: Trying to implement Shadow Mapping

Yes, I imagine that quite a few issues will pop up soon. However, I am super glad to see this in Minetest, even if it does have some bugs. The game takes on a whole new light with this! (pun not intended) Same. One issue I see so far, is how water works with all of this. While water should cast a s...
by TumeniNodes
Tue Jun 08, 2021 00:49
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Post your screenshots!
Replies: 10257
Views: 1448219

Re: Post your screenshots!

Hmmm, water def needs some tweaking related to how it works with dynamic shadows.
Other than that, very nice work

OSC:
Snowman in snow storm
by TumeniNodes
Thu Apr 08, 2021 19:50
Forum: Game Discussion
Topic: Remaking Classical Games in 3D
Replies: 8
Views: 1503

Re: Remaking Classical Games in 3D

I've thought Tank Pong would be fun to recreate with Minetest.

Others I've thought of:
Pitfall
Donkey Kong
Adventure https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure ... ideo_game)
PacMan? (maybe)
by TumeniNodes
Wed Apr 07, 2021 01:17
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Funny things, that should (not) be implemented in minetest
Replies: 23
Views: 1347

Re: Funny things, that should (not) be implemented in minetest

/giveme bottle_of_beer_on_the_wall 99

To be used only on busy servers.
If you use it in single player... you got problems my friend
by TumeniNodes
Fri Apr 02, 2021 20:33
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Saying goodbye and sharing my 1 year perspective
Replies: 35
Views: 3183

Re: Saying goodbye and sharing my 1 year perspective

I lied, I will respond again. Perhaps others should go through and notice just how many times you felt the need to remind everyone about how some things happened only because YOU stomped your feet... as if you were a savior to the project. Constantly mentioning what you've done or "pushed"...
by TumeniNodes
Thu Apr 01, 2021 23:52
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Saying goodbye and sharing my 1 year perspective
Replies: 35
Views: 3183

Re: Saying goodbye and sharing my 1 year perspective

Oh no, the savior of Minetest is leaving... whatever shall we do now? And yeh, that was pure sarcasm. And, I don't care who gets pissed at me for saying it, because I have as much right to my opinion, and to vocalize it. The first section of your rant reads like a Bon Jovi song, "I, I, me, me, ...
by TumeniNodes
Sun Dec 13, 2020 02:47
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The reason I want to play MC more than MT
Replies: 10
Views: 1018

Re: The reason I want to play MC more than MT

I only played MineCraft for like 10 minutes, but I watched millions of MineCraft videos, and I'm also completly up-to-date with everything that's happening to MineCraft. Hmm, I think you accidentally noted another problem with Minetest. Lack of communication. You know on Minecraft news, but not muc...
by TumeniNodes
Sat Dec 12, 2020 03:21
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Post your screenshots!
Replies: 10257
Views: 1448219

Re: Post your screenshots!

I'm not a religious person. And not sure how the image of the doll correlated with your mod, when you already posted an image of the mod. But if you say this is the case, I am unable to prove differently, and take it as the truth. I apologize for being wrong for my suspicions about the intent of pos...
by TumeniNodes
Sat Dec 12, 2020 01:38
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Post your screenshots!
Replies: 10257
Views: 1448219

Re: Post your screenshots!

notice this is long-winded, pack a lunch The image of the doll, in my opinion, had nothing to do with the post, other than to express a perversion for a few tingles. I came to that opinion, based on the fact this individual has posted before asking about nudity etc being allowed. But I did ask them...
by TumeniNodes
Thu Dec 10, 2020 02:35
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Post your screenshots!
Replies: 10257
Views: 1448219

Re: Post your screenshots!

I've never had any issues with gay people, nor transgender... It's their business, not mine. And I actually have gay friends, and one of my children is trans whom I love and fully support to be who they are, as long as they aren't militant about it. I do agree that being gay, etc. should be viewed a...
by TumeniNodes
Tue Dec 08, 2020 23:42
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Post your screenshots!
Replies: 10257
Views: 1448219

Re: Post your screenshots!

Closet Mod (Beauty Pack) done. But before post it, I have to query rubenwardy if Doll Nudity is acceptable. I mean a flat fleshy skin color, whith no genitals. As a real doll like. My question is... why? What exactly was the purpose of this? If it's due to some odd fetish, and was allowed here, the...
by TumeniNodes
Wed Oct 28, 2020 06:07
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Microsoft accounts required to use Minecraft in 2021
Replies: 40
Views: 3681

Re: Microsoft accounts required to use Minecraft in 2021

PolySaken wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 20:12
Oh, you're one of those conspiracy theorists. That explains the weird political position.
If that makes you feel better, then whatever...

Yeh... "weird", because it doesn't align with your positions.
by TumeniNodes
Tue Oct 27, 2020 02:50
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Microsoft accounts required to use Minecraft in 2021
Replies: 40
Views: 3681

Re: Microsoft accounts required to use Minecraft in 2021

Socialism/Globalism is capitalism, without the general population being able to benefit, and in fact, end up suffering. You've been misinformed. Socialism simply means more taxes, which are used to pay for more public goods. Anything else isn't socialism, even if it claims to be. The general popula...
by TumeniNodes
Tue Oct 27, 2020 00:55
Forum: Maps
Topic: Map of Alefgard (Dragon Quest)
Replies: 19
Views: 1894

Re: Map of Alefgard (Dragon Quest)

This is lovely.
I'll definitely be checking all this out soon, probably do some personal tweaking here and there.
Thank you for sharing it
by TumeniNodes
Tue Oct 27, 2020 00:51
Forum: Partly official engine development
Topic: Trying to implement Shadow Mapping
Replies: 145
Views: 15188

Re: is Shadow mapping desired?

Antarctica is a more serious alternative to consider. We had a thread in which some of us mentioned Antartica somewhere in this forum a while back, I specifically remember it. It's just ugh... the work involved switching ( shivers ) It would definitely take a group of loyal/dedicated people outside...
by TumeniNodes
Tue Oct 27, 2020 00:37
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Microsoft accounts required to use Minecraft in 2021
Replies: 40
Views: 3681

Re: Microsoft accounts required to use Minecraft in 2021

You realize this is a corporation doing capitalistic things, right? It's in their best interest to centralize accounts overall (with some potential digression depending on who the target audience is for a given service). Nothing about this is conspiratory or strange, in fact I'm surprised they have...