[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

tm3

IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 08:04

Michael Eh? wrote:This server is just like Mars .... DEAD.

I started rebuilding my base, playing painting mod for billboards and signage. I've adding extensive builds.

1) Roads: Building roads with color coded side bars so players can find their way. Leads to new areas to build.

2) MARS Sentry program. Alien spawns are piling up so I setup protect security cam turrets. There is 3 style of
turrets. Each turret is marked off with warning tape. Turrets can be moved as needed.

Red Check: simple security camera
Grey Check: Turret with shop
Gold : Full service. Shelter with air, shops. Limited since they're expensive to build.

3) Green Areas: With ponds with chest of mars cobble and a few compost bins. Free for all players to use.
Please refill mossy cobble.

Players can build near roads, sentry or ponds without the 100 block restriction. Turrets might be move once players have their own defenses.

Bring back Iron Man shop. I need more chickens now I have sustainable air. New air has been the death of the server.

I have been looking at some of your builds. Thanks for all that :)

Yes, may be. Seems quite dead like Mars. xD

Air isn't a problem i guess. Someone can sustain on spawn air almost forever unless he makes his own.
Also an info on AIr making: you can almost automatize air with mesecon. They go out every 30 mins. with a 50% degrade chance. So, you can make a machine setup for that :) It will give advance player like you to make some good continuous air production automation. You can put your chickens and stuff in there :)

I think lots of aliens scaring people off. :P People screaming sometimes about aliens i see their messages. May be we consider removing aliens. But, killing aliens completely will remove some important drops like copper etc. for which we have to reset the map which will be disastrous. Although, we can reset with new mapgen juli has made and saving some good buildings like yours, daneel's, cryterion's, trance's and other major builds. :) Let me talk about this to linus and juli.

Also, you need to keep posting things, pictures etc on forum time to time and include new things / mod to attract new player which we haven't been doing since couple of months. So, complete dry season are normal in opensource game servers sometimes esp. something like dead Mars :P. Moreover, if you can contribute and/or post in forum or in github code; you should do it too. It's a community thing. Aule did a great job updating the scifi mod. It's like that.

Iron man was gone for some correction purposes. It is back now. :)

There is some server problem caused by vending machine because that mod's code isn't updated since 2 years or so. So, we have to remove that mod and install a new type of vending machine may be.

I am also a little busy with some other work till February end. Hope, i will try repair and remove some stuff in the mean time.
- Yours truly TM3

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Wed Feb 14, 2018 22:31

You can't recharge your empty tanks with current air generators. The new air is death of the game... don't kid yourself.
Over population of aliens is problem.. there is no life span so they just keep piling up. It is problem with animal mod until wild animals dropped after a time while tamed ones stayed.

Can't do business with Iron Man... can't complete transaction by moving cash to payment slot.

Other beefs... chainsaw won't cut down trees after they start to decay and leaves change.

Daneel gave up due to lag... mostly it's the lag plant at the end of subway that's continuely running though chest are full.

tm3

IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

by tm3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 06:21

Michael Eh? wrote:You can't recharge your empty tanks with current air generators. The new air is death of the game... don't kid yourself.
Over population of aliens is problem.. there is no life span so they just keep piling up. It is problem with animal mod until wild animals dropped after a time while tamed ones stayed.

Can't do business with Iron Man... can't complete transaction by moving cash to payment slot.

Other beefs... chainsaw won't cut down trees after they start to decay and leaves change.

Daneel gave up due to lag... mostly it's the lag plant at the end of subway that's continuely running though chest are full.

I am not interested in kidding myself over a open-source blocky game brother.

If you read the wiki "How to Survive" section once after air generator update; you would have known how to fill it up. Read it once. You don't have to read everything either. Wiki is now properly organized in sections. Read the "Air generation" sub-section in "How to survive" section.

i always insists players to read wiki whenever a update come in or the players joins new.

I will say it again the new air generator has nothing to do with less player. It is only more or less of a survival challenge to advanced player and/or who wants his own air chamber, i.e., air inside chamber. Filling up the bottle is the same only requires a little bit different key combination. Read in that section in wiki.

Trader Bob which i have placed at the spawn is fine. I have tested it. Problem is, you need mostly 5 minegeld note to transact with him. some item takes 10 minegeld. You are aware that minegeld has denominations right?! Like 1 minegeld note, 5 minegeld note (which doesn't mean 5x minegeld but it means 5-minegeld) and 10 minegeld note.
The number of a particular denomination is written often in brackets right to it; otherwise it is just one. For instance, 5 minegeld note (2). You can make other denomination from 1 minegeld note.
Check in crafting recipe. This is default to that money mod. Nothing changed.

Details: Currency mod details on mars server and Currency mod details original

PS: The tests i did regarding air and trader bob (iron man) is done with a decoy player (tm35) who has only interact, home and shout. Result: both are working fine.

Regarding alien yes, as i said previously; we will remove that or reduce their life span and make some other arrangements; so that players get copper and stuff which are less inside the map. I need to talk to both of them or at least to linus who has been bunking too much from his own server ;)

The mymonth mod (which is responsible for chainsaw trouble) has been a pain in butt, i know. Juli would have done something. He is busy in college now. Since i am not much acquainted with Lua coding; it may take me sometime to understand that or either i will remove the entire mod after a talk with Linus.

Can you send me the coordinates where the machine is running which is responsible for lag. i will shut it down. Thanks.

PS: There is a rule for advance player not to leave machine running for long time if they are leaving for long vacation. And please use Trash can to avoid overflow of chest.
Again someone gave up rather than stating and discussing a problem like you or pixel852 or Aule are stating and helping us improve; is not a ideal way to go in a open-source community based game. Also, Daneel didn't state anything about subway or anything causing lag somewhere and overflowing chest or something or posted in forum about that. How am i supposed to keep track of things without such reports?
- Yours truly TM3

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Sat Feb 17, 2018 23:21

I tried 1 meld and 10 meld notes but I can not get 5 meld note to work... won't even select. I bought a warthog with 10 meld notes.

Looks like the troll kmw has found mars survive server and automatically started begging for meld like he does on other mars server. He BnE into my place but got stuck on a chest. He and another player Vorthees have been causing trouble. Vorthees doesn't get what he wants then he starts up his lag farm of quarries. Plus he has on numerous occasions stolen other players spacesuits and use a glitch to get pass locked doors.

BTW, Trader Bob is out of his stall somehow.

Chainsaw part of technics needs to add new leaves to its list.

Previous

Return to Servers