[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 08:04

Michael Eh? wrote:This server is just like Mars .... DEAD.

I started rebuilding my base, playing painting mod for billboards and signage. I've adding extensive builds.

1) Roads: Building roads with color coded side bars so players can find their way. Leads to new areas to build.

2) MARS Sentry program. Alien spawns are piling up so I setup protect security cam turrets. There is 3 style of
turrets. Each turret is marked off with warning tape. Turrets can be moved as needed.

Red Check: simple security camera
Grey Check: Turret with shop
Gold : Full service. Shelter with air, shops. Limited since they're expensive to build.

3) Green Areas: With ponds with chest of mars cobble and a few compost bins. Free for all players to use.
Please refill mossy cobble.

Players can build near roads, sentry or ponds without the 100 block restriction. Turrets might be move once players have their own defenses.

Bring back Iron Man shop. I need more chickens now I have sustainable air. New air has been the death of the server.


I have been looking at some of your builds. Thanks for all that :)

Yes, may be. Seems quite dead like Mars. xD

Air isn't a problem i guess. Someone can sustain on spawn air almost forever unless he makes his own.
Also an info on AIr making: you can almost automatize air with mesecon. They go out every 30 mins. with a 50% degrade chance. So, you can make a machine setup for that :) It will give advance player like you to make some good continuous air production automation. You can put your chickens and stuff in there :)

I think lots of aliens scaring people off. :P People screaming sometimes about aliens i see their messages. May be we consider removing aliens. But, killing aliens completely will remove some important drops like copper etc. for which we have to reset the map which will be disastrous. Although, we can reset with new mapgen juli has made and saving some good buildings like yours, daneel's, cryterion's, trance's and other major builds. :) Let me talk about this to linus and juli.

Also, you need to keep posting things, pictures etc on forum time to time and include new things / mod to attract new player which we haven't been doing since couple of months. So, complete dry season are normal in opensource game servers sometimes esp. something like dead Mars :P. Moreover, if you can contribute and/or post in forum or in github code; you should do it too. It's a community thing. Aule did a great job updating the scifi mod. It's like that.

Iron man was gone for some correction purposes. It is back now. :)

There is some server problem caused by vending machine because that mod's code isn't updated since 2 years or so. So, we have to remove that mod and install a new type of vending machine may be.

I am also a little busy with some other work till February end. Hope, i will try repair and remove some stuff in the mean time.
- Yours truly TM3
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Wed Feb 14, 2018 22:31

You can't recharge your empty tanks with current air generators. The new air is death of the game... don't kid yourself.
Over population of aliens is problem.. there is no life span so they just keep piling up. It is problem with animal mod until wild animals dropped after a time while tamed ones stayed.

Can't do business with Iron Man... can't complete transaction by moving cash to payment slot.

Other beefs... chainsaw won't cut down trees after they start to decay and leaves change.

Daneel gave up due to lag... mostly it's the lag plant at the end of subway that's continuely running though chest are full.
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 06:21

Michael Eh? wrote:You can't recharge your empty tanks with current air generators. The new air is death of the game... don't kid yourself.
Over population of aliens is problem.. there is no life span so they just keep piling up. It is problem with animal mod until wild animals dropped after a time while tamed ones stayed.

Can't do business with Iron Man... can't complete transaction by moving cash to payment slot.

Other beefs... chainsaw won't cut down trees after they start to decay and leaves change.

Daneel gave up due to lag... mostly it's the lag plant at the end of subway that's continuely running though chest are full.


I am not interested in kidding myself over a open-source blocky game brother.

If you read the wiki "How to Survive" section once after air generator update; you would have known how to fill it up. Read it once. You don't have to read everything either. Wiki is now properly organized in sections. Read the "Air generation" sub-section in "How to survive" section.

i always insists players to read wiki whenever a update come in or the players joins new.

I will say it again the new air generator has nothing to do with less player. It is only more or less of a survival challenge to advanced player and/or who wants his own air chamber, i.e., air inside chamber. Filling up the bottle is the same only requires a little bit different key combination. Read in that section in wiki.

Trader Bob which i have placed at the spawn is fine. I have tested it. Problem is, you need mostly 5 minegeld note to transact with him. some item takes 10 minegeld. You are aware that minegeld has denominations right?! Like 1 minegeld note, 5 minegeld note (which doesn't mean 5x minegeld but it means 5-minegeld) and 10 minegeld note.
The number of a particular denomination is written often in brackets right to it; otherwise it is just one. For instance, 5 minegeld note (2). You can make other denomination from 1 minegeld note.
Check in crafting recipe. This is default to that money mod. Nothing changed.

Details: Currency mod details on mars server and Currency mod details original

PS: The tests i did regarding air and trader bob (iron man) is done with a decoy player (tm35) who has only interact, home and shout. Result: both are working fine.

Regarding alien yes, as i said previously; we will remove that or reduce their life span and make some other arrangements; so that players get copper and stuff which are less inside the map. I need to talk to both of them or at least to linus who has been bunking too much from his own server ;)

The mymonth mod (which is responsible for chainsaw trouble) has been a pain in butt, i know. Juli would have done something. He is busy in college now. Since i am not much acquainted with Lua coding; it may take me sometime to understand that or either i will remove the entire mod after a talk with Linus.

Can you send me the coordinates where the machine is running which is responsible for lag. i will shut it down. Thanks.

PS: There is a rule for advance player not to leave machine running for long time if they are leaving for long vacation. And please use Trash can to avoid overflow of chest.
Again someone gave up rather than stating and discussing a problem like you or pixel852 or Aule are stating and helping us improve; is not a ideal way to go in a open-source community based game. Also, Daneel didn't state anything about subway or anything causing lag somewhere and overflowing chest or something or posted in forum about that. How am i supposed to keep track of things without such reports?
- Yours truly TM3
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Sat Feb 17, 2018 23:21

I tried 1 meld and 10 meld notes but I can not get 5 meld note to work... won't even select. I bought a warthog with 10 meld notes.

Looks like the troll kmw has found mars survive server and automatically started begging for meld like he does on other mars server. He BnE into my place but got stuck on a chest. He and another player Vorthees have been causing trouble. Vorthees doesn't get what he wants then he starts up his lag farm of quarries. Plus he has on numerous occasions stolen other players spacesuits and use a glitch to get pass locked doors.

BTW, Trader Bob is out of his stall somehow.

Chainsaw part of technics needs to add new leaves to its list.
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:35

Michael Eh? wrote:I tried 1 meld and 10 meld notes but I can not get 5 meld note to work... won't even select. I bought a warthog with 10 meld notes.

Looks like the troll kmw has found mars survive server and automatically started begging for meld like he does on other mars server. He BnE into my place but got stuck on a chest. He and another player Vorthees have been causing trouble. Vorthees doesn't get what he wants then he starts up his lag farm of quarries. Plus he has on numerous occasions stolen other players spacesuits and use a glitch to get pass locked doors.

BTW, Trader Bob is out of his stall somehow.

Chainsaw part of technics needs to add new leaves to its list.


Hmmm... i (as tm35) exchanged a chicken for 5-minegeld and got it and a kitty too. you can see in the drop box chest on the left side of trade room. Just take a look. BTW, trader bob is in his place now. Hope he can't move out anymore.

Warthog requires three 5-minegeld notes. How you did that with 10-minegeld denomination? I will check about it still. it would be good when you fix a time and i will come in that time, we can check it together if there is any problem regarding this.

There is no player name vorthees currently as per my search in logs or other commands of this server. Mail me the coordinates and/or real game name of this guy. He is preparing a recipe for his IP ban. :) Thanks for reporting.

Avoid any other player who disturbs you a lot. In case you can't, just drop a in-game mail to me. I check mails everyday. I will take care of him/her. I have sent a mail to the other guy as per your report here. Hope he understands and don't disturb you. :)

Ok, let me look at the chainsaw code. If that works, i can modify those codes to support my months leaves :) Thanks for that info.
- Yours truly TM3
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Sun Feb 25, 2018 00:16

Continuing building roads as materials allow. Roadway all the way by Man's place. Gave him some food and some new crops for him to plant. He's the only one playing and actually buying food from emergency station. Trying to get him a little more self sustaining.

Having the wiki and rules in Spanish is a good idea since I've been seeing a lot more Spanish players of late.

Selection meld notes except for 1 meld notes is still an issue with Trader Bob. Sometimes it works ... most times nope.

I bought a cow which is two 10 meld... not the warthog. Air still an issue with animals. Chicken died as soon as I had stable air and left the room. Air didn't even last 5 minutes. :( Air shouldn't collapse if there is still air left in the generator after generation. Suggestion that it should be 8 to start, 1 block of air to sustain per 4-6 hours.

Doing a slow rebuild of my base. Moving things to external labs so I can rework the core and maybe have a subway station link up.
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:11

hi there i'am not dead but i'am also not on mars ^^ ...
Michael Eh, i'am everytime open for some changes of air, but i would like if u explain the exact Problem u have with the air.
It is true that it is not tested to much, because i have not endless time, maybe there are still some bugs.
Afaik the generator should auto-generate new air if it is filled with enought air-units. i think for 1 air-generator u need at least 15
airmakers or so.
As i said u can everytime make suggestions to improve the air-generators ...
At moment i have to do so many things that i can also not look too often what is going wrong etc.

If we want a realy good mars server i would suggest to improve the mars-mod itself a bit an testing it and then maybe
try to setup the server from scratch again or so, while saving the buildings.
To save the buildings u can also use your client, in the settings is an entry for saving the servers map.
Thats from me now, maybe i will find time to improve some things.

Maybe we should also reduce the number of flowers etc. need for air-generation idk
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 07:35

Michael Eh? wrote:Continuing building roads as materials allow. Roadway all the way by Man's place. Gave him some food and some new crops for him to plant. He's the only one playing and actually buying food from emergency station. Trying to get him a little more self sustaining.

Having the wiki and rules in Spanish is a good idea since I've been seeing a lot more Spanish players of late.

Selection meld notes except for 1 meld notes is still an issue with Trader Bob. Sometimes it works ... most times nope.

I bought a cow which is two 10 meld... not the warthog. Air still an issue with animals. Chicken died as soon as I had stable air and left the room. Air didn't even last 5 minutes. :( Air shouldn't collapse if there is still air left in the generator after generation. Suggestion that it should be 8 to start, 1 block of air to sustain per 4-6 hours.

Doing a slow rebuild of my base. Moving things to external labs so I can rework the core and maybe have a subway station link up.


Thanks Michael for your nice buildings. Oh yeah, Spanish is coming up soon. Don't be hasty though; taking a little time here. I am stuck with a problem in wiki mod while writing it in Spanish.

Yeah, i think you are right about Bob. NPCs are causing inconsistent transfer sometimes. Seen it while testing them in singleplayer. So, there must be a code problem in the transferring function section somewhere.

Yeah linking everything up with the subway channel would be nice. Apart from using travelnet, someone can enjoy the travelling in cart too. :)

I have reduced the air generation time of flowers. So, basically, they will generate air now every 2 mins with a 30% chance/ probability. Also, FYI, air leaks out every 30 mins., i.e., 1 and half days with a 50% chance / probability. If it is leaking instantly, check for corners and too large area (tested it on 9x9x8; working fine). When i was there in your "shelter 101" ; air is pretty much stable there. So, now with the increase, you will get lot of air nodes.

Regarding chickens, i have no idea how they are crossing the boundary or the wall. In singleplayer, when i tested them, some of them actually pass through the wall. lol funny but true. try making the wall 2 times thicker though. worked for me in singleplayer.
- Yours truly TM3
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Mon Mar 05, 2018 21:53

Many bugfixes
- fix gravity now the jump heigh isn't anymore too high ...
- fix spacesuit, not reloading if empty
- fix grass doesn't spread on dirt, if no other grass is near
- fix tm3 changes XD he missunderstood the chance for the abm:
30 means a chance of 1/30 ... 30% would be 100/30
EDIT: i forgot one: i have changed the trader, now u should can buy all things, but u have to use 1minegeld notes,
which shouldn't be a Problem

so far it seems we need a new guide, the old is ugly, new players doesn't undeerstand it well,
i'am thinking about quests like for skyblock to make the start more easy.
Last edited by juli on Tue Mar 06, 2018 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Tue Mar 06, 2018 07:15

Question:
Who needs the mods mymonth and Pollution?
I suggest to remove both.
Also the same question for the Spiders/glowtest

Also i have now reduced the aliens again, i think they should appear here and there but not everywhere ...
If u want to reduce them more, just ask.

About vortheless or how the playername is:
Maybe we should make it impossible to build more then 4-5 quarries, but for this we would need a mod.
Also going behind locked doors can't be inhibited with current minetest, because its not more then 1 line to change to get noclip+fly .... (if u don't trust me i can send u the line ...)
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 08:14

juli wrote: Many bugfixes
- fix gravity now the jump heigh isn't anymore too high ...
- fix spacesuit, not reloading if empty
- fix grass doesn't spread on dirt, if no other grass is near
- fix tm3 changes XD he missunderstood the chance for the abm:
30 means a chance of 1/30 ... 30% would be 100/30
EDIT: i forgot one: i have changed the trader, now u should can buy all things, but u have to use 1minegeld notes,
which shouldn't be a Problem

so far it seems we need a new guide, the old is ugly, new players doesn't undeerstand it well,
i'am thinking about quests like for skyblock to make the start more easy.


Ah lol.
Anyway, thanks a lot for the changes. So, air depletion rate should be 100/50 too ;P

Alien despawn is required too. There are too much of them. Only dying when fighting with each other i guess. I think main problem is that. Spawing rate was already low. Last time you did that. :)

But, anyway, Server is down again now. Somehow. i don't know.
- Yours truly TM3
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 08:20

juli wrote:Question:
Who needs the mods mymonth and Pollution?
I suggest to remove both.
Also the same question for the Spiders/glowtest

Also i have now reduced the aliens again, i think they should appear here and there but not everywhere ...
If u want to reduce them more, just ask.

About vortheless or how the playername is:
Maybe we should make it impossible to build more then 4-5 quarries, but for this we would need a mod.
Also going behind locked doors can't be inhibited with current minetest, because its not more then 1 line to change to get noclip+fly .... (if u don't trust me i can send u the line ...)


Yes, we can remove some useless mod like that.

Oh regarding player doing such things, yes may be limiting them is fine. and quarry reusing is better anyway rather than putting lot of them everywhere. Regarding player trying to do crap things, i can ban them and their ip all day long :P even all year long. I have that one power called patience esp. when demolishing buildings and breaking people's bone offline and banning people online xD.

BTW, how is your college going ;)
- Yours truly TM3
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:56

safely removing pollution, mymonth .. moving lightning for later readd ... in progress
pollution is still need for scifi plants, i may reduce it only

I'am having truble with the mod-versions etc. It would be nice if for the next time, if a mod is added, the version and date
of download is written into that mod with filename versioninfo.txt and also with the modname into the modversioninfo.txt i create in mods folder.
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Thu Mar 08, 2018 21:04

I'am building now the Tutorial area :)
Image

The area is already protected as a open area,
i made a mod to teleport people without spawn priv back into that area, but its not uploaded yet
i'am not here the next 3-4days
Attachments
screenshot_20180308_220234.png
(168.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Fri Mar 09, 2018 22:57

Pollution mod is the only way to get alien plants?

month mod isn't as bad since leaves added to chainsaw and seasons cycle properly so trees don't die off.

Spiders are okay... what does glowtest do?

I'm using painting mod for signage.

Slowly progressing on project Avro which will be a new build area. Avro base will have an open mine, air, supplies for sale. Might encourage older players to return by showing you can make a profit out of opening up the map.

Road work progresses to open up the map.

Caught Tommy online and tracked him down to give him some supplies. I gave him 3 new crops to plant as I did Man. Though I made sure each was different which might help trading among players.
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Sun Mar 11, 2018 01:01

Accelerating the building of AVRO base because I got new player 'ntm_' to build in the area. Setup a teleport and simple shop with food and fuel. Just finished the pond area but plan to expand grass area so trees can be planted. Open mine at Avro will have to wait until I can get the base external structure and rooms set. Once the mine is open, players can build closer than 100 meters. Though all along that area is idea to build since it's rolling hills.

Hard and fast rule of the road.... build on ONE side or the other ... NOT both. Players are NOT allowed to build over. It's a road, not a lane way to your castle.

New player 'pro' speaks Spanish only and couldn't get through to him building right beside spawn was a bad idea. Be gentle with him.
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Sun Mar 11, 2018 22:42

After a weekend of work, base AVRO is operational. Sort of...

Image

https://imgur.com/a/ZnB0j

Only got the open mine to one level (-100m) but there is a cave system it tags into so happy hunting folks. The roof is still a work in progress. Power in bare minimum with only 3 solar panels but a power grid install. No air yet but I have air maker sort of harvesting air from the trees on one side.. very slowly. Like one air block per day if I'm lucky. piping is under the floor. No air generators at all.

You can see the open pond area in the background with a chest on cobble and a few compost bins.

the troll 'vorhees502' popped up shortly the disappeared. He is such a bane on the other mars server that people actually logs off when he and kmw comes online.
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Mon Mar 12, 2018 06:56

Michael Eh? wrote:No air yet but I have air maker sort of harvesting air from the trees on one side.. very slowly. Like one air block per day if I'm lucky. piping is under the floor. No air generators at all.

Yes at moment u get the air much faster with the little flower airmaker, the other has to be configured well again.

Problem with mymonth is not only that it destroyes the trees (which is fixed now), but also, it has bugs and runs so many abms, that it may be a valueable reason of lag.

By the way: While fixing some things, i try also some new things. The one i wanna mention now is, that i tried to add more
sorts of sand to the mars mapgen. Do u think this is a good idea? We would have them for example one sand which is more orange from the iron and one with less etc. here an example:
Image
in the middle i added one row with the 3 default sand sorts, and one with the 3 mars sand sorts we would have then, so that u can see the difference

NEWS:
scifi plants grow not anymore from pollution dirt, because pollution is removed, they grow now from marssurvive:clayblock
i will add an alias, to change pollution dirt to marssurvive clay
Attachments
screenshot_20180312_094949.png
(89.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Mon Mar 12, 2018 20:27

Air generation by flowers on the other hand has gone crazy. The 7 generators for one room had generated 1000s of unstable air blocks and was bouncing in the tubes. The other with 5 gens wasn't any better. Hooked up a silver chest to deal with the fallout.

Needless to say, the new air system is cumbersome. I would say it would be better that it cost 8 to start an air pocket then 'x' number to maintain for a set period rather than just have random drop out of air. Only retesting of the air should to be if air pocket has been compromised.

It might be the case of what radius the air maker takes air from the trees. For my rooms which has 3 plain trees, I might need two. Air generation doesn't seem to work for trees like banana or cocoa but they have their own quirky way of leaves.

I'll remove the sentry post outside Avro and add more security cams. I'm adding more levels to the open mine as well.

Ah desert sand and beach sand, I don't know about adding to map gen. I'm only coating select places with desert sand to keep aliens down. I dropped a couple contaminated soils in spots to give noobs something to discover.

Maybe adding alien plants that in VERY limited extremely low numbers might spruce up the dead planet.
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Mon Mar 12, 2018 20:58

Michael Eh? wrote:Air generation by flowers on the other hand has gone crazy. The 7 generators for one room had generated 1000s of unstable air blocks and was bouncing in the tubes. The other with 5 gens wasn't any better. Hooked up a silver chest to deal with the fallout.
I agree and maybe i'll reduce it soon.
Michael Eh? wrote: I would say it would be better that it cost 8 to start an air pocket then 'x' number to maintain for a set period rather than just have random drop out of air. Only retesting of the air should to be if air pocket has been compromised.

Sorry i don't realy get what u wanna say with this sentence, can u please explain it again?
Michael Eh? wrote:Ah desert sand and beach sand, I don't know about adding to map gen. I'm only coating select places with desert sand to keep aliens down. I dropped a couple contaminated soils in spots to give noobs something to discover.

My intention wasn't to add beach/desert sand. The plan is to add more colored mars sand sorts, to make it more eyecandy or
interessting. Maybe they will have different characteristics etc.
Michael Eh? wrote:Maybe adding alien plants that in VERY limited extremely low numbers might spruce up the dead planet.

U know the clay is not on the surface by default. Plants will grow also only if there is air above them and enought light.
so its already VERY limited, or nearly none ...
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Tue Mar 13, 2018 04:00

Base AVRO is has open mine to -200m mark. There is a station every 25m though not all stations are readily accessible yet. I'm giving building a rest for other things. The park and base was a whole weekend's work. I see about adding more shops. There still has to be ways for players to earn cash.

As we discuss on the server, air should have a cost to maintain the air space. Otherwise continuely generating air has no purpose. 8 to start, 8 to keep stable every hour or two. You don't want air production and checking to weight down the server.

Finally spotted the shade of difference in the photo. I'm more worried on how having two types of 'mars' sand will impact inventory. sci-fi plants need no air as do other plants outside. I did plant some polluted soil near spawn.

The shuttle looks cool though cramp. I was planning a similar with craft behind my base. However, I was going to build two identical ones. One on Mars and the other in space or another location to give the illusion that you traveled in the craft.
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Tue Mar 13, 2018 06:43

Michael Eh? wrote:As we discuss on the server, air should have a cost to maintain the air space. Otherwise continuely generating air has no purpose. 8 to start, 8 to keep stable every hour or two. You don't want air production and checking to weight down the server.

Yes normaly it should be already like this, but i will test it today, and maybe tweak again. I will set it so, that one air
generator needs 3 makers t be fully functional at least, so i will stop the overproduction. Overproduced nodes will be maybe destroyed by the airgene to avoid lag.
Michael Eh? wrote:I'm more worried on how having two types of 'mars' sand will impact inventory.

I think it will have not much impact, because its meant for deco at first. U can craft from all these sand sorts normal sand and cooking will make glass also.
Michael Eh? wrote:sci-fi plants need no air as do other plants outside.

Hmm which plant need air??? That what i not like on all the flowers outside is that no plant needs air till now.
Michael Eh? wrote:The shuttle looks cool though cramp.

I guess u mean with shuttle the spaceship i build for new players. Yes its cramp and will be changed later maybe, but i think it does what it has to do at Moment.

btw. server is down, me was testing one minetest function, idk why the server timed out after this
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Wed Mar 14, 2018 14:14

Server is back idk how it happened ...
15:11 -!- MarsServer [~Minetest@139.59.238.211] has joined #marsserver
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Tue Mar 20, 2018 07:41

Due too this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18349&hilit=mod+translation+client
i think i will not translate the quests for now, maybe i write a note in the wiki in multiple languages, where the way to do the quests is written. But If 5.0 is stable i think we will change to it, and add client side translation to all quests.
(I'am currently working on the quests, its not so simple to do, so it will take some time)
 

PreviousNext

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nico2002Nico, Pixel852 and 5 guests