VanessaE's Realtest Survival Server [0.4.8]

King of Doom

by King of Doom » Post

Dan Duncombe wrote:Hi there, a new server!
It runs a modified improved REVAMPED Realtest game.

Join at vanessae.mine.bz, port 30004

Look forward to seeing you!
SO...MUCH...VANESSAE...SERVERS!
"You Cannot PASS! I am a servant of the secret fire, he who wields the flame of Anor! The Dark Fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow! You SHALL NOT PASS!!!"

"Stand beside the gray stone where the thrush knocks, as the sun sets the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the key-hole"

Rhys

by Rhys » Post

I love the server! Problem is, I don't have interact. May I have it?

IGN: Rhys

Geopbyte

by Geopbyte » Post

Hello, I'm making my own version of the realtest game, but with an entirely different path/story. When I'm done (If that happens) would you like to see it?

Annahstas

by Annahstas » Post

Just joined it to try it out. :) Hope I like it.
“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
“I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh My Texture Packs'

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Geopbyte wrote:Hello, I'm making my own version of the realtest game, but with an entirely different path/story. When I'm done (If that happens) would you like to see it?
Ok... What path will yours take? Mine is staying true to the old one.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Added screenies to first post
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

Annahstas

by Annahstas » Post

Hey you can see my greenhouse XD! Cool shots Dan. We really need more stable players on the servers though! Tons of fun! XD. Lots and lots things being added in a different way ^^- Got to play to find out.
“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”

Annahstas

by Annahstas » Post

Here are some more screen shots! We have a new player area that houses four people right now. Get it while it lasts! Hope to see you guys there.

http://annahstas.deviantart.com/gallery/46606322

Click link to see the Screenshots!

Geopbyte

by Geopbyte » Post

The town where Dan and Annahstas homes are and the New player area burned down. I was afk, M231 was digging peat or something, and Thyrrac was editing the wiki. I come back and teleport to Thyrrac to see that the town is burning, and nobody ha water. I chop down the burning trees to try to stop the fire, but the fire spreads to the town. Sokomine's forge and Openbeta's house are burnt, as well as Annahstas' transfer home and part of the new player area and the park.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

In that case, it's necessary to find out who started the fire (the exact "when" would be ideal as well). VanessaE can then rollback the player and undo the damage done by the fire. Up until now, there have been at least two fire accidents requiring rollback. One happened to me when I wanted to show how fire worked at the crafting school - it burned down as a consequence.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

After having played Dan's version of Realtest for some time now, I must say that it is an intresting and entertaining version of Minetest (in this case, "game" may almost apply - although i'm very reluctant with that). Realtest is fine for anyone who wants a change from normal Minetest.

It starts with a nice caveman skin for the players. At first, all tools are terribly weak, and it takes time to figure out how everything works - which is part of the fun.

The trees are especially great. They come in several diffrent variants. Apart from nicely colored planks and logs as inventory images, the trees also drop sticks. With that automatic drop in combination with item pick, the wood is easier to obtain than moretrees wood. All wood types can be crafted into decorative chests (normal and locked), fences, nodebox-type ladders (also useful as handrails), doors, hatches, chairs, tables, bookshelves, slabs and stairs. I'd love to see this mod adapted for normal Minetest and used on servers more orientated towards building. Moretrees are beautiful as scenery and background, but in order to get wood, these Realtest trees would be far easier to handle.

Without metals, only stone may be gained as building material, and that's far more difficult than normal cobble (dig 9 stone, craft to macadam, put in fire to get one stone). For a long time, wood, sand and glass are the main materials. A metal chisel allows to get flat stone and desert stone, which can also be turned into stonebricks/desertstonebricks.

Metal processing is the core element of this game. You start with a stone anvil and a stone hammer and gradually upgrade through diffrent metal types and anvils until you eventually reach the strongest type of metal. Tools are crafted with the anvil and a special plan/receipe item (has to be crafted only once). Alloys can be created. Ores cannot be simply melted - you need to craft a clay mold first, put that into the fire in order to get a ceramic mold, which then can be used to melt the ore in it. Forging allows to get the future metal ingot out of the ceramic mold. It's even possible to do double metal ingots, sheets and double sheets. All of those diffrent metals produce tools and metal blocks. And there's a huge amount of metal types!

The decorations mod is also pretty nice. It provides shapes like vases, bowls, bowls with coal, small chests, chests, pyramids, etc. and can be found here, except that the realtest version provides those shapes not only for malachite but also for like 10 other minerals with nice and diffrent textures.

Realtest is not the optimal game if you want to build. Obtaining building materials (apart from wood) does take a long time and is somewhat limited - which at least has the advantage that you won't see ugly cobble constructions everywhere - plus crafting with that 2x2 grid is just too limited. And then there was until recently fire - fire which can easily spread from a bonfire or furnace, even when the firemaker takes special care and does not have misciveous intentions. There is also no protection mod included and no home point.

All that makes the game very intresting and challenging for singleplayer or survival. Perhaps it can be extended with rich plant- and animal life in the future in order to stress the survival aspect.

The metal processing might be very intresting for players that also love technic. Perhaps some ideas could be integrated into technic (anvil, hammer, way of obtaining tools), while the result ought to be standard ingots created from standard ores.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

That is a very good review you wrote, Sokomine. I hope to see oOChainLynxOo on this server one day.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I accidently posted in the wrong thread. The one about the game itself might be better suited than the one with the test server. I hope people intrested in it may read here as well. oOChainLynxOo might certainly enjoy the game and make a nice recording.

gianni

by gianni » Post

Hello guys. Why can't I access the server?

gianni

by gianni » Post

anyone can help me? Please :(

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

gianni wrote:anyone can help me? Please :(
Check your net connection, clear the cache, update to latest Minetest and try again.

What exactly is your problem?
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

King of Doom

by King of Doom » Post

May i have interact? thanks.
"You Cannot PASS! I am a servant of the secret fire, he who wields the flame of Anor! The Dark Fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow! You SHALL NOT PASS!!!"

"Stand beside the gray stone where the thrush knocks, as the sun sets the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the key-hole"

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Granted.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Annahstas

by Annahstas » Post

Has anymore updates been added?

gianni

by gianni » Post

hoodedice wrote:
gianni wrote:anyone can help me? Please :(
Check your net connection, clear the cache, update to latest Minetest and try again.

What exactly is your problem?
I've tried, even from different OS. I log in and I remain firm on "Connect to Server ...." and remains so.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

What version of Minetest are you using? What is the EXACT TEXT displayed in the upper-left corner of the Minetest window when you are at the main menu?
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

gianni

by gianni » Post

VanessaE wrote:What version of Minetest are you using? What is the EXACT TEXT displayed in the upper-left corner of the Minetest window when you are at the main menu?

I tried with 0.4.7 and 0.4.7-dev. And i tried with many nickname and password.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: This server has been moved off of my personal hardware and onto a proper VPS in "the cloud" where it belongs. :-)

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

VanessaE wrote:Update: This server has been moved off of my personal hardware and onto a proper VPS in "the cloud" where it belongs. :-)
You're paying for it then?
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Jat

by Jat » Post

May i have interact? Thx.

I'm sorry for my bad english. I am french !