[Server] just test

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: "just test" server

by Andrey01 » Post

Do i whine? In fact i just suggest to add some mods by authors because i consider so better. Furthermore i talk about what here. I don`t often suggest to add mods. I like to appreciate servers and mods because so many users suggest, too. I can complain if i see that server has some lacks. And i don`t want what would you so call me. You must call me on my name, please!

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

1shoot2kill wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:Do i whine? In fact i just suggest to add some mods by authors because i consider so better. Furthermore i talk about what here. I don`t often suggest to add mods. I like to appreciate servers and mods because so many users suggest, too. I can complain if i see that server has some lacks. And i don`t want what would you so call me. You must call me on my name, please!
lag added new mod : car
Really???

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Post

BBmine wrote:
1shoot2kill wrote: lag added new mod : car
Really???
yes. i saw that car mod on youtube, so i combined it with my cart mod code, and added some ideas from ufo mod.
hope it will not break game stylistics too much.

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

Today I seen more then 20 players online and that wired players monument on spawn-point (few players stay still there), like during the earliest times after re-opening this server. I always wondering what motivates these players to such behaviour?

And car is nice, big and can take a few players in it. When I was driving on spawn, some player just "jump" and attach to the car itself, so we go for a ride together lol.

As I understand, you need to put a car on asphalt, like cart on rails. But when you move car on asphalt, later you can drive down from asphalt and drive on cobble. I could drive on single cobbles "road", also on leaves and through chests, mailboxes and some walls. It seems that car can not fall into a water and automatically turn right or left according to the road, when has such possibility to turn with a road.

But car can also stuck on something. When I was driving, I stopped punching it and a car stuck on three nodes wall (torch protector on cactus and cactus on cobble road). It was black then and I couldnt do anything, nor shift+dig, nor go /spawn. But when I logoff and login again, I wasnt attached so I spawn just on car and could take it and go somewhere else. So if you will stuck attached to your car, just reset your game connection, leave and join the server.

Thanks lag!
Nice fun!

BTW. I stuck with cart in somebodys protected stones a few times, so wanted to test that situation with a car. I couldnt drive into somebody house with full car. Only with some part and in most cases car just turn right or left when I was trying to ride directly into the building.
Attachments
20170521_142056.png
20170521_142056.png (485.61 KiB) Viewed 798 times
20170521_142455.png
20170521_142455.png (170.04 KiB) Viewed 798 times
20170521_142355.png
20170521_142355.png (218.55 KiB) Viewed 798 times

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

lag01 wrote:
BBmine wrote:
1shoot2kill wrote: lag added new mod : car
Really???
yes. i saw that car mod on youtube, so i combined it with my cart mod code, and added some ideas from ufo mod.
hope it will not break game stylistics too much.
It is good that you have added car mod, but you should add more necessary things for survive as armor, bows. And i would want to see here Advanced trains instead of car.

Arisha_L
In-game: Arisha_L

by Arisha_L » Post

the car is not completed yet. she put in one direction. fix it

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Arisha_L wrote:the car is not completed yet. she put in one direction. fix it
Who do you apply to?

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
Who do you apply to?
When you place car, it is always facing West.
I don't know how to fix that, apparently,

Code: Select all

automatic_rotate=true,
is not helping.
But you can go any direction when driving.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

lag01 wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:
Who do you apply to?
When you place car, it is always facing West.
I don't know how to fix that, apparently,

Code: Select all

automatic_rotate=true,
is not helping.
But you can go any direction when driving.
That is can i not turn to different directions by car? You could be add Vehicles mod. This mod is very amazing! And it is better than that.

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Andrey01 wrote: That is can i not turn to different directions by car? You could be add Vehicles mod. This mod is very amazing! And it is better than that.
You mean this? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15610&hilit=vehicles
Yes, it is amazing. But it works weird for me - tank drop when i click it, ambulance get stuck while driving, and plane get stuck in trees. And this is too many cars for simple server...

P.S.
You can turn different direction by car.

why
GitHub: yansanmo
IRC: progysm
In-game: why

by why » Post

I've tried the car mod:
- it's expensive, use 3 sands (15 bones), 3 steel block (27 iron ore) and 2 buckets of oil, and it works for only 4 or 5 travels (like 1000 blocks or so) (I tried it only near spawn).
- It's not really faster then walking (maybe 1.5x ???), seems like it's the same speed as cart. And I find the cart really slow.
- On the west road (near maikerumine base), I can place it only in the north direction, then it turns automatically left at the end of the road, then it go in circle, then go on a obsidian-glass path then through the obsidian-glass wall of maikerumine and I ended up in its garden... I couldn't go in the south direction.
- On the east-road, I started in the south then went north (because it always face north), then it turned automatically left (west). That was the smoothest ride so far. When I tried the opposite (going East), it went East until the road turn and it couldn't turn right. It turned left, left, then I was back West
- When I try to turn, sometimes it turns 2 or 3 times
- On stone, I couldn't really control it or predict where the car could go.

I guess I will continue to walk, like in real life :-p

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Say please, how to mine oil? I have mined many of stone blocks (99 stage, 99 stage, 99 stage, 99 stage and more... but... i did not mine one oil !!!!! Why is it so?

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

parasite wrote:...and that wired players monument on spawn-point...
You mean weird? If so, wired is EXACTLY how I say weird irl just for fun.

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Say please, how to mine oil? I have mined many of stone blocks (99 stage, 99 stage, 99 stage, 99 stage and more... but... i did not mine one oil !!!!! Why is it so?
That black/grey goop underground is oil. You'll need an empty bucket to pick it up.

Lag, can you put Cursed World subgame on Github please?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

BBmine wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:Say please, how to mine oil? I have mined many of stone blocks (99 stage, 99 stage, 99 stage, 99 stage and more... but... i did not mine one oil !!!!! Why is it so?
That black/grey goop underground is oil. You'll need an empty bucket to pick it up.

Lag, can you put Cursed World subgame on Github please?
But i didn`t a goop. I saw only ones stone blocks and that`s all. Maybe are they hiden somehow?

lag01

by lag01 » Post

BBmine wrote: Lag, can you put Cursed World subgame on Github please?
It is simple portal: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17486

lag01

by lag01 » Post

why wrote:I've tried the car mod:
- it's expensive, use 3 sands (15 bones), 3 steel block (27 iron ore) and 2 buckets of oil, and it works for only 4 or 5 travels (like 1000 blocks or so) (I tried it only near spawn).
- It's not really faster then walking (maybe 1.5x ???), seems like it's the same speed as cart. And I find the cart really slow.
- On the west road (near maikerumine base), I can place it only in the north direction, then it turns automatically left at the end of the road, then it go in circle, then go on a obsidian-glass path then through the obsidian-glass wall of maikerumine and I ended up in its garden... I couldn't go in the south direction.
- On the east-road, I started in the south then went north (because it always face north), then it turned automatically left (west). That was the smoothest ride so far. When I tried the opposite (going East), it went East until the road turn and it couldn't turn right. It turned left, left, then I was back West
- When I try to turn, sometimes it turns 2 or 3 times
- On stone, I couldn't really control it or predict where the car could go.

I guess I will continue to walk, like in real life :-p
- Car can last much longer if you use it on asphalt road.
- You can recycle car for 3 steel clocks.
- There may be cheatty way to refil car, which i am not fixing right now.
- Speed may be problem, now it is set to 10, too mush speed makes it buggy, but i can add some more speed...
- I guess i need manually set car direction on place.
- Car is not easy to control, even on flat surface, guess i need to do some more testing and tweaking.
- Let's call that bug with car turning 360° a feature - "drifting" :)
- I guess i should make car go straight when not controlled and when it can.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Maybe must be something stone with oil` goop? Because i did not see nowhere oil in sheer kind. I even tried to use bucket to pick up something from stone blocks, but it doesn`t work. Say please!

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Thanks for feedback Arisha_L and why.

I changed some things in car mod,
for instance, with Shift/sneak it enters "turbo mode"
and can reach twice as much speed on straight asphalt road.

Here, you can watch my local test
YouTube

ack

by ack » Post

okay, actually I dont tend to read forums. I never have time to check them out.. I was just curious about any new changes today.

I guess lag01 is still playing with those expensive fat carts.

I love Andrey01.. So annoying. was constantly asking me why why why in chat. I had to shut them up ;).. but i still notice still going on in the forum (FYI. I skipped a few pages full of Andrey01 chat on here lol.

Andrey01 its survival. die, lose your stuff, start again.. I do give a lot of stuff away when I feel generous. Maybe you should make friends (and that doesnt mean asking so many questions while im busy testing out my new mod,, eh,, i mean,, just normal mining of course ;) )))..

Anyway, love hearing lag came on as a 'normal player' and assessing me attacking.

Thats enough chat. laters!

why
GitHub: yansanmo
IRC: progysm
In-game: why

by why » Post

Test #2 of cars.
- a lot better than first test.
- was able to turn right (sometimes), yeah!
- can place in the north, south, east west position, that's great!
- finally understood that we need to hit the bottom of the car (or the bottom of the steering wheel) but not the top of the steering wheel to start the car.
- good speed with "w" and "shift"
- didn't find the cheaty way to refill the car

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

ack wrote:okay, actually I dont tend to read forums. I never have time to check them out.. I was just curious about any new changes today.

I guess lag01 is still playing with those expensive fat carts.

I love Andrey01.. So annoying. was constantly asking me why why why in chat. I had to shut them up ;).. but i still notice still going on in the forum (FYI. I skipped a few pages full of Andrey01 chat on here lol.

Andrey01 its survival. die, lose your stuff, start again.. I do give a lot of stuff away when I feel generous. Maybe you should make friends (and that doesnt mean asking so many questions while im busy testing out my new mod,, eh,, i mean,, just normal mining of course ;) )))..

Anyway, love hearing lag came on as a 'normal player' and assessing me attacking.

Thats enough chat. laters!
In my vision everyone can ask what he doesn`t know or doesn`t understand.

I have some friends and i ask to them much, too. I am not noob, just some features i just don`t understand. I wonder no command /sethome although this command uses in every server. I like to suggest some mods to author because i so consider it needs.

Now i don`t know how to mine oil. I wait a question...

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

But i dug multiply of stones (some stages of ones). Do they occur in to stones themselves or must i find oil sources in caves elsewhere?

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Wow 1shoot2kill! 3 posts that say the same thing! xD

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

BBmine wrote:Wow 1shoot2kill! 3 posts that say the same thing! xD
Ah yes! He posted accidentally it seems. Well as i did. Don`t worry, moderator will delete them!