[Server] just test

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

[Server] just test

by lag01 » Post

As name suggest, originally this server was created not to stay there.
But eventually i was dragged in improving it's performance, gameplay, fighting griefers, writing mods and python scripts...

First of all - here is my "little" trick about performance.
Of course that is not all, i posted minetest.conf and clear_players.py below in this thread.

Some most important mods did not worked correctly out of the box, so i was forced to modify them:
carts
bones + bone_collector mod, to motivate players clean map from bones, surprisingly, later that became important part of server gameplay...
protectors
simple mobs (did not posted this yet, because i broke half of code - peaceful mobs most likely will not work)

Some mods i created myself:
spawn sanitizer to keep spawn relatively clean
teleporters to visit interesting places easily
bandages heal friends
kick_voting helps players oppose griefers
spawn_command use /spawn when you lost

<Later need write about rest of mods...>

Well, at first that world was very lonely stone desert. Then it became cobblestone mess. Then it became bone hell. Then players slowly started building their bases an cities. Now, there is many great buildings around, railroad, kilometer long tunnels, some gigantic caves created by hard work and by TNT...

Anyone are welcome to play on this server and i tried to make it so, that anyone can find something to do here. Newbies can get a grasp of how to use pick, for mining and cobble for building. Regular players can explore, gather resources and sometimes finding treasures in bones which someone leave behind. Those determined enough, can protect their buildings more seriously and show results of their hard work to others.

General rule of the server is to make doing bad things as hard as possible without affecting honest players.
There is no dedicated moderation, i am trying to provide diligent and caring players ways and tools to do something about griefers, ribalds etc. So if you see that someone is cursing or seriously greafing, don't doubt to use sword if you have one.

I have map on servers web page http://87.110.8.195/minetest/
And here is bigger, but probably more obsolete map:
Spoiler
Player maikerumine posted series of videos about this server on youtube, thanks!

Here some screenshoots from old times:

Attachments
just view
just view
screenshot_3673549459.png (437.22 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
one of cities/bases
one of cities/bases
screenshot_3850089226.png (607.67 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
Spawn
Spawn
screenshot_4267757609.png (568.33 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
Last edited by lag01 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 21:27, edited 6 times in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: "just test" server

by Sokomine » Post

Thanks for introducing your server. Each server ought to have its own thread here.

Please also describe the general pilosophy and the rules for your server here - or the absence of them. It is very important that players know what to expect. To me, your world looks as horrible as it seems to have looked to Inocudom. That's because to me, the game is about building, enjoying buildings created by other players, and changing the game world by writing mods. To that end, "freedom" needs to be limited - it's no fun if you're spending hours or even days on something very detailed and then a griefer comes along and destroys it. Or kills you and thus wasting your time by having to walk back to the building site, perhaps even to have to drag the stuff back from your bones. Other players may have very diffrent opinions what might be fun in a game like this - and they'll be equally right. They might enjoy PvP, they might enjoy tearing buildings apart that are not defended at sword's point, they might consider traps the ultimate goal. Whatever. If you mix players with such diffrent expectations on the same server, nobody will be happy. So please say what you want! And even if it's "no rules" or "social experiment" - just state it in the server's first posting and write it down at spawn for everybody to read!
A list of my mods can be found here.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

A thread for this server at last.
I must admit I was irritated on my first visit to this server. Nothing there that looked interesting and people kept killing me. It took some time for me to pay the server another visit, as like many others I wanted to understand why it attracted so many players. So I started travelling further away from spawn - just to learn it isn't a good idea to get caught by the dark out in the open. I built my first shelter.
By now I guess I have some 9 places I have build or extended to serve as safe places for the night - no wait, just recently that little fort at 0.0.-520 got blasted into oblivion. Just some of the western wall is left, the rest opens to a pretty big hole.

Somehow I got hooked. Maybe because the barren landscape reminded me of the deserts I used to roam or there where so many strategic perfect places that screamed to be decorated with a castle or at least a lookout tower.Or maybe because all that destructed places added to the melancholy of the barren landscape. A landscape that only comes alive at night with them poor natives that find nothing else to prey apon save that odd traveller caught by the failing light. Somehow while keeping to the somewhat safer rail tracks or raised paths the scenery reminds a little of the film "Ghosts of Mars", if only the landscape was a little more red.

I don't know if the server has a real thought out philosophy. Maybe not. Progress is a little demanding and missing the path to productivity is easy as probably most first time players miss the importance of being able to plant a tree to have acces to wood. Maybe that is why some players are quite desperate for even the most basic resources and griefing and stealing is quite commonplace.

Nevertheless an interesting server that poses some challenges to get something nice done.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

twoelk wrote: as like many others I wanted to understand why it attracted so many players.
Most of those players very likely never went as far as you did. They just saw a server - one with many players on - and: Bingo! Players want to meet other players on servers. The younger they are, the more important that is.
twoelk wrote: just to learn it isn't a good idea to get caught by the dark out in the open.
Ah. Hardcore survival. Some players like that.
twoelk wrote: Somehow I got hooked. Maybe because the barren landscape reminded me of the deserts I used to roam or there where so many strategic perfect places that screamed to be decorated with a castle or at least a lookout tower.Or maybe because all that destructed places added to the melancholy of the barren landscape. A landscape that only comes alive at night with them poor natives that find nothing else to prey apon save that odd traveller caught by the failing light. Somehow while keeping to the somewhat safer rail tracks or raised paths the scenery reminds a little of the film "Ghosts of Mars", if only the landscape was a little more red.
You certainly seem to like it :-) So the server does have its purpose. Something players looking only at spawn would miss. It would be great if you could add some screenshots of your buildings. I love what you built on VanessaEs servers.
A list of my mods can be found here.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Finally a writeup on this bizarre server. I have frequented this server quite a few times actually and while being a bit dismayed at first with the stark barren landscape and bunch-o-bones around, first glance made me think it was crap, so I bailed. The next time I went to play online, this was the last setting so I joined by default accidentally, oh well, I'll give it another shot, maybe it was just not the right timing for me..

I immediately made haste and grabbed some apples, bones, and some wooden planks left near the spawn, they were in some odd haphazard fashion so I figured they were for anyone to grab. I made a boat and sailed about 500 blocks or so away until I found a neat looking mountain island, it was dark when I arrived and filled with rock monsters, perfect home security! So I made land and climbed all the way to the top, fashioned a few pick axes together and started building a cobble house at the top, my main intent was to make a cobble monument until my supplies ran out and that be that. 3 hours later I had already created a furnace, torches, more mining equipment and mined all the way to the base of the mountain so it could connect to the water, mining ores along the way.

I had a blast actually, using the ultimate survival mode possible and ended up building an extended deck that overhangs the water exhausting all the cobble I had gathered, at this point I believe I had ran out of everything and decided to just leave the server as there were no trees to be found anywhere and it wasn't likely I were to find any any time soon.

I must say, I did enjoy the experience and recommended it to anyone who wants to give a go a survival in such a harsh environment!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Pitriss
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Post

Please I want to ask.. What is purpose of city block?
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (A. Savage, Mythbusters)
I'm not modding and/or playing minetest anymore. All my mods were released under WTFPL. You can fix/modify them yourself. Don't ask me for support. Thanks.

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Pitriss wrote:Please I want to ask.. What is purpose of city block?
according to this: https://github.com/AndrejIT/city_block/ ... r/init.lua
"City block mark area 45x45 in size as part of city"
it dissables placing water in town
it dissables placing lava in town
it sends players that kill in town to jail

Pitriss
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Post

Hi, about 7:00 CET Zayneb spammed chat intentionally.. Maybe some bans would be good to teach such kid how to behave?:)
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (A. Savage, Mythbusters)
I'm not modding and/or playing minetest anymore. All my mods were released under WTFPL. You can fix/modify them yourself. Don't ask me for support. Thanks.

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Pitriss wrote:Hi, about 7:00 CET Zayneb spammed chat intentionally.. Maybe some bans would be good to teach such kid how to behave?:)
Well, bans are not so effective because of IP changes, plus they can be wrongly used. Try to use diamond_mark on spamming players first.

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

As this server seems difficult for the regular player to grasp I have collected some pictures. Some of which are a little older though, so places will look different now.

The first thing you notice on this server is a spawn area that seems a little littered with random blocks, at the moment mostly cactus, and lots of bones.

indeed life at spawn can be hard at times

of course there are some more traditional buildings at spawn
although

some places seem to have seen some chaotic times
but

it is beyond spawn that the landscape reveals it's sometimes awesome glory
Spoiler
some bodies of water cut deep into the landscape
and
invite pioneers to start building nearby

the inhabitants native to this rocky outback tend to gather along popular paths for a nightly hopping session. They may raise their arms and rush to meet you if they notice your presence. Be advised to stay away from such parties in the dark as you may have things from your inventory missing once you come to your senses again and finding said stuff again that you lost at the wild party in the night might turn out to be quite some difficult job. Indeed trying to retrieve your valuables in the barren plains far frome shelter may pose a bone aching venture that leaves you hopping for your dear life at yet another of those mass hopping gang-ups. You have been warned.

physics here may not quite be what you know from school or other servers

The architecture may seem a little chaotic at times
or a little difficult to understand
but more traditional buildings are often close by
the road infrastructure is quite good around spawn
having enough material at hand for a quick shelter can be bone saving in the more rural areas away from the main settlements
Last edited by twoelk on Sun Mar 22, 2015 03:01, edited 1 time in total.

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

It has a strange kind of, well, almost beauty in its chaos and barrenness.

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Here, i hope my minetest.cong and python profile cleaning script could help someone building and tuning their server.

minetest.conf
Different settings, i came up myself or found on this forum.

Code: Select all

server_name = just test
server_description = My home server to study or to play.
motd = Welcome! Read helpful info in glass building in front of spawn. Get resources and build something great!

#vneshnij. Nado bi DDNS...
server_address=87.110.8.195
#bind_address=87.110.8.195
port = 30000

server_announce = true
serverlist_url = servers.minetest.net
server_url = http://87.110.8.195/minetest
ipv6_server = false

default_privs = interact, shout
disallow_empty_password = false
give_initial_stuff = true
max_users = 78
cache_block_before_spawn = true
share_bones_time=900
static_spawnpoint = 0, 3, 0

#fix lagging somehow!!!
liquid_finite = false
liquid_loop_max = 600
liquid_update = 4.0
liquid_fast_flood = 0
dedicated_server_step = 0.3

max_block_send_distance = 6
max_block_generate_distance = 4

enable_damage = true
only_peaceful_mobs = false
unlimited_player_transfer_distance = false
disable_anticheat = false
enable_rollback_recording = false
profiler_print_interval = 0
enable_mapgen_debug_info = false
server_map_save_interval = 360

#do not write to disk just away
sqlite_synchronous = 0
full_block_send_enable_min_time_from_building = 2.0
num_emerge_threads = 3
debug_log_level = 2
#enough bandwidth
max_simultaneous_block_sends_server_total = 460
#clients hawe enough bandwidth too!
max_simultaneous_block_sends_per_client = 6
#enough ram now!
max_clearobjects_extra_loaded_blocks = 32000
#max_clearobjects_extra_loaded_blocks = 6144 less ram

selected_world_path = ~/minetest/worlds/test0/
clear_players.py
With this script i am trying to keep number of profile files reasonable. In version 4.9 that was really critical, because minetest was reading/writing all those files constantly, not sure about that now.

#!/usr/bin/env python

import os
import string
import re

path='<Put your "players" folder path here!>'
login_path='<Put your " auth.txt" file path here!>'

simple_stuff_secure=re.compile( 
    "List main 32\n"+"Width 0\n" +
    "(Empty\n|Item default:pick_wood( 1 (\d){0,5}){0,1}\n|Item default:torch( 1| 2| 3){0,1}\n|Item default:apple( 1| 2| 3){0,1}\n|Item bones:bones( 1| 2| 3){0,1}\n|Item default:cobble( 1| 2| 3){0,1}\n){5,5}"+
    "(Empty\n){27,27}" +
    "EndInventoryList\n" +
    "List craft 9\n" +"Width 3\n" +
    "(Empty\n|Item default:pick_wood( 1 (\d){0,5}){0,1}\n|Item default:torch( 1| 2| 3){0,1}\n|Item default:apple( 1| 2| 3){0,1}\n|Item bones:bones( 1| 2| 3){0,1}\n|Item default:cobble( 1| 2| 3){0,1}\n){9,9}"+
    "EndInventoryList\n" +
    "List craftpreview 1\nWidth 0\nEmpty\nEndInventoryList\nList craftresult 1\nWidth 0\nEmpty\nEndInventoryList\nEndInventory" +
    "$"
    )
simple_stuff_unsecure=re.compile( 
    "List main 32\n"+"Width 0\n" +
    "(Empty\n|Item default:pick_wood( 1 (\d){0,5}){0,1}\n|Item default:torch( 1| 2| 3| 4){0,1}\n|Item default:apple( 1| 2| 3| 4){0,1}\n|Item bones:bones( 1| 2| 3| 4){0,1}\n|Item default:cobble( 1| 2| 3| 4| 5){0,1}\n){32,32}"+
    "EndInventoryList\n" +
    "List craft 9\n" +"Width 3\n" +
    "(Empty\n|Item default:pick_wood( 1 (\d){0,5}){0,1}\n|Item default:torch( 1| 2| 3| 4){0,1}\n|Item default:apple( 1| 2| 3| 4){0,1}\n|Item bones:bones( 1| 2| 3| 4){0,1}\n|Item default:cobble( 1| 2| 3| 4| 5){0,1}\n){9,9}"+
    "EndInventoryList\n" +
    "List craftpreview 1\nWidth 0\nEmpty\nEndInventoryList\nList craftresult 1\nWidth 0\nEmpty\nEndInventoryList\nEndInventory" +
    "$"
    )
pick_collector=re.compile( "Item default:pick_wood(| 1 (\d){3,5})\n" )

f=open(login_path, 'r') # open file
logins=f.readlines()
unsecure_login=[]
for line in logins:
    t=string.split(line, ':')
    if t[1]=='':
        unsecure_login.append(t[0])
unsecure_login=sorted(unsecure_login)
i=0

for fname in os.listdir(path):    # change directory as needed
    try:
        f=open(path+fname, 'r') # open file
        data=f.read()
        f.close()
        simple_inventory=0
        if fname in unsecure_login:
            if simple_stuff_unsecure.search(data)!=None:
                simple_inventory=1
        elif simple_stuff_secure.search(data)!=None:
            if len( pick_collector.findall(data) )<3:
                simple_inventory=1

if simple_inventory==1:
            os.remove(path+fname)
            #print(path+fname)
            i+=1

except IOError:
        print("ERROR;", fname)

print(i)

enableclouds

by enableclouds » Post

I put some rocks, 2 protection and maybe 20 dirt blocks, and planted a tree, came back later and all it was all gone except the rocks. This is discouraging, does the protection work in a way that I don't understand?

Also, how teleports work is far from clear.

lag01

by lag01 » Post

enableclouds wrote:I put some rocks, 2 protection and maybe 20 dirt blocks, and planted a tree, came back later and all it was all gone except the rocks. This is discouraging, does the protection work in a way that I don't understand?

Also, how teleports work is far from clear.
Weak password maybe?

02:33:23: ACTION[ServerThread]: enableclouds places node protector_mese:protect at (86,1,191)
02:36:34: ACTION[ServerThread]: enableclouds places node protector_mese:protect at (86,1,197)
02:50:15: ACTION[ServerThread]: [CraftGuide] enableclouds requests recipe 1 for protector_mese:stick
02:50:22: ACTION[ServerThread]: [CraftGuide] enableclouds requests recipe 1 for protector_mese:stick
04:44:31: ACTION[ServerThread]: enableclouds digs protector_mese:protect at (86,1,191)
04:44:34: ACTION[ServerThread]: enableclouds digs protector_mese:protect at (86,1,197)
05:10:25: ACTION[ServerThread]: CHAT: <enableclouds> how does protection work, why was mine removed?
Well, teleports works in two ways, by standing on them, or using menu. First way is intentionally not reliable... And yes, teleports need improwement.

enableclouds

by enableclouds » Post

Thanks a lot for quick and to the point answers, and for the server!

bitsflashing
In-game: bitsflashing

by bitsflashing » Post

I've been playing on your server for almost a month now and love it! The only problem i've come across is that it seems that my character and all my items got reset for some reason so i have to start out fresh. :/
The little unremembered acts of kindness and love are the best parts of a person's life.
-William Wordsworth

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

-Abraham Lincoln

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

lag01, would you try this bones mod? They are non-walkable (but climbable) and emit some light: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10020

Of course, you will have to comment out the death messages to avoid spam in chat.

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Calinou wrote:lag01, would you try this bones mod? They are non-walkable (but climbable) and emit some light: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10020

Of course, you will have to comment out the death messages to avoid spam in chat.
I like that their look is more positive and that their content can be one click picked up, also timer bug solution is interesting and may be more effective than my because less write to map needed...

But then i need to do some work, before putting them on server - 1. Need to drop/pickup block "bones:bones". 2. Is it ok to read setting from file (minetest.setting_get("bones_share_time")) all the time inside the timer, i want to do this only once, when mod is loaded. 3. Prevent bones from replacing blocks in place where player dies(most simple example is railroad, ruined by bones).

As now i have some other ideas for mods to do, i will postpone this...

disableclouds

by disableclouds » Post

Hi again,

first of all thanks for doing the underappreciated admin work and for all that works right on the server. ATM the spawn is blocked again and the lava extinguished, unfortunately, and I have a couple more questions if you find time:

- The ban vote booth works on username level, not IP address, correct? I understand potential issues with the latter.
- Why is the initial spawn same thing as jail, and consequently, why is jail so trivial to get out of (teleport/the hole in the ground)?
- How does the jail PK detection work? On one hand, you can get sent to jail after just idling at the blocked spawn, and on the other, some griefers, that must get tens or hundreds of kills within minutes and in town - definite PK triggers - don't even go to jail that often. Is it possible instead eg. to revoke their player punching privilege or something?
- Is there a specific reason why the cactus and wood are allowed to bypass protection, especially at spawn?
- There are also lots of random steel doors and chests all over the place, can the protection block trump their ownership so they could be removed?
- Could town blocks have a larger, or infinite, effect range on the depth-height axis? I haven't tried it, but from the recent spawn floods it appears that it's easy to drop lava from just above the effect area.
- How is your other mod work going along, like peaceful mobs or other things that are not public yet?

Thanks again for providing this hobby server.

EDIT, one more: what's your opinion on adding a sethome mod? It's more reliable than beds.
another: what is the official info on how to fix the spawn/if it resets occasionally?

lag01

by lag01 » Post

disableclouds wrote:Hi again,

first of all thanks for doing the underappreciated admin work and for all that works right on the server. ATM the spawn is blocked again and the lava extinguished, unfortunately, and I have a couple more questions if you find time:

- The ban vote booth works on username level, not IP address, correct? I understand potential issues with the latter.
- Why is the initial spawn same thing as jail, and consequently, why is jail so trivial to get out of (teleport/the hole in the ground)?
- How does the jail PK detection work? On one hand, you can get sent to jail after just idling at the blocked spawn, and on the other, some griefers, that must get tens or hundreds of kills within minutes and in town - definite PK triggers - don't even go to jail that often. Is it possible instead eg. to revoke their player punching privilege or something?
- Is there a specific reason why the cactus and wood are allowed to bypass protection, especially at spawn?
- There are also lots of random steel doors and chests all over the place, can the protection block trump their ownership so they could be removed?
- Could town blocks have a larger, or infinite, effect range on the depth-height axis? I haven't tried it, but from the recent spawn floods it appears that it's easy to drop lava from just above the effect area.
- How is your other mod work going along, like peaceful mobs or other things that are not public yet?

Thanks again for providing this hobby server.

EDIT, one more: what's your opinion on adding a sethome mod? It's more reliable than beds.
another: what is the official info on how to fix the spawn/if it resets occasionally?
This cobble block at spawn is really annoying, looks like need to be regularly removed with mod.(or fix glitch, which allows to place that).

Kick_vote works completely on IP level, it even work on multiple IP and usernames. (it is not ban, just ticket to jail) I will post this mod it on github after i do some testing and improvements.

Players fall to jail from spawn point because of glitch. Most likely client side glitch, because in server log there is "player moved to fast" at each respawn. Well, need testing. Any ideas of how keep players in jail longer, but not forever and also to not affect newbies too much?

Well, i have not found any more reliable way that distance checking to dieing player. And my approach is to make griefing as harder as possible, without affecting other things or cause false-positives.

Recently i modified cactus code, now it is not bypassing protection.

Allowing protection block trump chest and steel doors will cause misuse. I use admins tnt to solve that problem.

Town block effect works on infinite height, after recent spawn floods i also blocked lava entering from sides. (oh, right, need to post this improvement on github)

Well, i have some ideas for mods, but i am not too productive to implement them in near future. Fixing current mobs mod to add peaceful mobs could be a hard one.

What i really don't want to happen, is to allow to teleport home-spawn-home, could be burden on a server. Also i don't want encourage people to live 10000 blocks away from spawn like hermits without ewer staying at spawn more like 3 seconds. Also i don't want allow griefers to /sethome in someone else's house.
I don' t understood question about spawn resets.

Hiradur

by Hiradur » Post

Joined the server for the first time yesterday and seemed to have landed in jail right away. I couldn't get out of it, the hole didn't work or I didn't get what I was supposed to do there. I joined again today and spawned correctly this time. I gotta say it's a bizarre but beautiful world, too bad I missed the process that made it into what it is now.

EDIT: What hardware does it run on?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Lag,

Love your server, I spend many hours mining and building there. :-) I am planting random trees along a roadway I am currently building, which brings me to ask if you could please repost the map with a current update. I wanted to see if my roadway is headed in an okay direction back to spawn.

Also, What exactly is admin TNT? I see a lot of it around spawn.

lag01

by lag01 » Post

maikerumine wrote:Lag,

Love your server, I spend many hours mining and building there. :-) I am planting random trees along a roadway I am currently building, which brings me to ask if you could please repost the map with a current update. I wanted to see if my roadway is headed in an okay direction back to spawn.

Ok, i will produce more recent map, i am curious myself how much map have changed.
Admins tnt works similar to normal tnt, but with less restrictions of where it can be placed and long time timer, to give players chance evacuate their stuff from explosion area. I created it to remove abandoned chests and doors.

By the way, i saw your youtube videos, looking forward to see new series :)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

lag01 wrote:
maikerumine wrote:Lag,

Ok, i will produce more recent map, i am curious myself how much map have changed.
Admins tnt works similar to normal tnt, but with less restrictions of where it can be placed and long time timer, to give players chance evacuate their stuff from explosion area. I created it to remove abandoned chests and doors.

By the way, i saw your youtube videos, looking forward to see new series :)
Awesome!

Thanks for making a new map, the server seems to really be expanding pretty quickly, has it always had so much traffic? Last night I went exploring really far, took a diagonal road to the SE corner of the map and found a mine that goes down 800+ nodes! Wild. The only way up and down was a water elevator, made it up to about -375 but fell all the way down and died. HA!

There really is a lot to explore in this world.

lag01

by lag01 » Post

maikerumine wrote: Awesome!

Thanks for making a new map, the server seems to really be expanding pretty quickly, has it always had so much traffic? Last night I went exploring really far, took a diagonal road to the SE corner of the map and found a mine that goes down 800+ nodes! Wild. The only way up and down was a water elevator, made it up to about -375 but fell all the way down and died. HA!

There really is a lot to explore in this world.
Yeah, server always was crowded, even when here was only standard mods :)
There is a lot of places to explore, i personally like those "tnt" caves under the spawn. Also you can go by underground railway from spawn to Barsik's tower basement, go down to most ancient caves on the server, and then find your way out to surface by big water trench.
I know a lot of interesting places on the server, but i feel there is a lot more places i don't know :)