[Server] just test

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: "just test" server

by sorcerykid » Post

It doesn't seem possible that three months ago today, "just test" made a surprise comeback. Within that time, many veteran players have stopped by for a makeshift reunion of sorts.

Here is the server listing just moments after going public on Sunday, April 16. I was the first player to join, but it didn't take long to break the silence.

Spawn has seen a lot of changes these past few months from n00b huts, cobble castles, mini gardens, and towering complexes. In fact, it is almost unrecognizable now!

April 16, 2017

July 16, 2017

During the first several hours, the world was overrun with mobs and even the most essential resources were scarce. Everyone was fighting for survival. So I teamed up with putney34, Arisha_L, and igoreg2005. We ventured as far away from spawn as possible to plant our first sapling. Unbeknownst to us , the growth time of trees was increased in Minetest 0.4.15. Nothing like waiting in vain. Sigh.

After countless near death experiences, we finally moved onto a more permanent (and safer) settlement. The three of us built a rudimentary fort complete with a farm and mine. Baggins joined our team and we dubbed ourselves The Bums!

As soon as day broke, maikerumine delivered a boatload of supplies that he'd gathered from his own base. Then he helped us to excavate our mine and expand the tree farm.

For more extensive coverage of the relaunch, be sure to check out maikerumine's channel on YouTube. He also includes a "sneek peak" of the server prior to the official unveiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxFf55_amTI

Suffice it to say, lag's server has become a mainstay of the Minetest community once again. And even the reincarnation has proven equally fascinating and addictive for many of us die-hard fans. All hail just test!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Hey lag: What is the possibility of reducing the range of open-spawn from 120m to 99m? Not only would this allow the perimeter road to be permanently protected, which is beneficial for all players, but also property owners alongside that road could build up their frontage instead of simply blanketing the area in braziers.

As an alternative, perhaps you might consider extending the lifetime of golden braziers to 10 days (or even 14 days). That would make building close to spawn much more worthwhile. Dare I say, one week is really quite short even for temporary protection.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Yesterday lyk (player) and i mined in one deep shaft is done by me and him that has depth 1700 blocks. Generally, while we were mining in depth -1500 lyk saw herobrine with nickname Arisha_L and after he disappeared as lyk said. He even called that player i was wonder. Personally, i think this is just his joke. He often swindles me. What do you think about it? Maybe did lag01 add so mod? But i doubt in it! I consider this is exactly joke. Lisa (Arisha_L) told me he swindled her, too. And i can believe to her!

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Yesterday lyk (player) and i mined in one deep shaft is done by me and him that has depth 1700 blocks. Generally, while we were mining in depth -1500 lyk saw herobrine with nickname Arisha_L and after he disappeared as lyk said. He even called that player i was wonder. Personally, i think this is just his joke. He often swindles me. What do you think about it? Maybe did lag01 add so mod? But i doubt in it! I consider this is exactly joke. Lisa (Arisha_L) told me he swindled her, too. And i can believe to her!
That is adorable. :)
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Arisha_L
In-game: Arisha_L

by Arisha_L » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Yesterday lyk (player) and i mined in one deep shaft is done by me and him that has depth 1700 blocks. Generally, while we were mining in depth -1500 lyk saw herobrine with nickname Arisha_L and after he disappeared as lyk said. He even called that player i was wonder. Personally, i think this is just his joke. He often swindles me. What do you think about it? Maybe did lag01 add so mod? But i doubt in it! I consider this is exactly joke. Lisa (Arisha_L) told me he swindled her, too. And i can believe to her!
are you serious? guessed to write here this nonsense...
Mike... you are right)

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Arisha_L wrote:
are you serious? guessed to write here this nonsense...
Mike... you are right)
At first i believed him but i had some doubts. Then i thought this is his nonsense, although herbrines don`t exist in the server, furthermore with your nickname) I have even abandoned belief to him when he something talks unusual. I have a question: is he programmer? He said he knows Python and C++. Maybe he actually knows their.

Arisha_L

by Arisha_L » Post

At first i believed him but i had some doubts. Then i thought this is his nonsense, although herbrines don`t exist in the server, furthermore with your nickname) I have even abandoned belief to him when he something talks unusual. I have a question: is he programmer? He said he knows Python and C++. Maybe he actually knows their.
come on, a teenager who knows C++ with empty thoughts in head and lies at every step, ahhhh do not want to talk about it

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

It seems the spawn sanitizer is deleting furnaces, regardless of whether they are in a protected area or not. Every day that I log in, I notice that the furnace is missing from my apartment. As a test, I placing a furnace directly next to a protection brazier and filled it with fuel. As expected, it was deleted a few hours later :-/

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

sorcerykid wrote:It seems the spawn sanitizer is deleting furnaces, regardless of whether they are in a protected area or not. Every day that I log in, I notice that the furnace is missing from my apartment. As a test, I placing a furnace directly next to a protection brazier and filled it with fuel. As expected, it was deleted a few hours later :-/
You should have protector blocks. Here its agvantage: its time of protection is infinite.

Arisha_L

by Arisha_L » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
sorcerykid wrote:It seems the spawn sanitizer is deleting furnaces, regardless of whether they are in a protected area or not. Every day that I log in, I notice that the furnace is missing from my apartment. As a test, I placing a furnace directly next to a protection brazier and filled it with fuel. As expected, it was deleted a few hours later :-/
You should have protector blocks. Here its agvantage: its time of protection is infinite.
no. on spawn furnace lost after each restart

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Arisha_L wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:
no. on spawn furnace lost after each restart
Then i don`t advise to build on the spawn as too many players there. Even when i built my house on far distance many players wander there always. I don`t know what to do with it. It happens because i have not got stone fence on some sides as i need many protectors for that.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Please update to 0.4.16

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Fixerol wrote:Please update to 0.4.16
Oh. I thought it was always on 0.4.16. But 0.4.16 has too much wrong with it. 0.4.15 was the best version EVER.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Good luck with that. The administrator hasn't logged into the server since mid-July, so I don't think anybody is around to address bugs or work on updates. History repeats itself :D

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
Good luck with that. The administrator hasn't logged into the server since mid-July, so I don't think anybody is around to address bugs or work on updates. History repeats itself :D

Yes! Back to the bad old days! And then CleanerPro2 will come, wipe the server, lag will take the server down, a year goes by, lag turns the server back on.....

Dimpo
In-game: -

by Dimpo » Post

-
Last edited by Dimpo on Tue Oct 24, 2017 13:17, edited 2 times in total.

Dimpo

by Dimpo » Post

-

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Corrupt sheriffs is EXACTLY why I quit just test.

Dimpo

by Dimpo » Post

-

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

Dimpo wrote:I have set up two yellow voting tables, and a green one near spawn under a different login. People are using them so I'm not the only one sick of these two guys. I found the green one in someones bones so I would still like to know how to make another one. If you lost your green voting table a few weeks ago then you can have it back once normality has been restored, what ever normality means on just test.
Tin has been added to Minetest recently, before this bronze was crafted with iron and copper. You need to find a chunk that hadn't been generated when tin was introduced, i.e. pretty much go somewhere nobody has been to before.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Dimpo

by Dimpo » Post

-
Last edited by Dimpo on Tue Oct 24, 2017 13:18, edited 2 times in total.

RealSerVesta

by RealSerVesta » Post

probably it's time for a quick punish over the actual corrupt sheriffs e.x. carlosproXD (grieffer and use /kick command with out reason) and friends from him (griefer too).
deadwhite44.. and don't worry for jorge123456789 already punished.

Dimpo

by Dimpo » Post

-
Last edited by Dimpo on Tue Oct 24, 2017 13:18, edited 2 times in total.

RealSerVesta

by RealSerVesta » Post

lag that happen with these kids in jt server.. they mute and jailed guys while they jail himself for kill and griefer bones of another.. the voice of entire guys really wanna see a ip ban or remove privs from those evil sheriff and relacionated account.. carlosproXD and jorgeproXD + lucianaproXD.

Guys kicked and muted in relation with corrupted sheriff was me.. Sham.. deadwither44.. skyae.. Oscar135 and another i guess.. quick photos about server.
Attachments
screenshot_20170918_174750.png
screenshot_20170918_174750.png (174.93 KiB) Viewed 775 times
screenshot_20170918_174712.png
screenshot_20170918_174712.png (195.66 KiB) Viewed 775 times
screenshot_20170918_174522.png
screenshot_20170918_174522.png (230.53 KiB) Viewed 775 times

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

RealSerVesta wrote:lag that happen with these kids in jt server.. they mute and jailed guys while they jail himself for kill and griefer bones of another.. the voice of entire guys really wanna see a ip ban or remove privs from those evil sheriff and relacionated account.. carlosproXD and jorgeproXD + lucianaproXD.

Guys kicked and muted in relation with corrupted sheriff was me.. Sham.. deadwither44.. skyae.. Oscar135 and another i guess.. quick photos about server.
Sham? You mean..THE Shammmmmm?