IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

Re: [Server] just test

by Fixer » Post

Empty passwords should be disallowed.

talamh

by talamh » Post

Fixerol wrote:Empty passwords should be disallowed.
Agreed but in computing it's always the edge cases that get you, I'm sure Lag never thought anyone would be so foolish as to have a blank password for their primary or even secondary login.

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Post

I have blank password for my secondary logins...

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

I know it's a long shot, but would you please consider increasing the expiry for gold braziers to 10 days?

Ideally players could arrange a specific time every week to perform the replacement. But since there is exactly 7 days, with no additional allowance, that means trying to remember to renew protection earlier and earlier each week, which is both cumbersome and increasingly prone to oversights. With an extra few days, that would at least provide some leeway for human error. After all, sometimes players are busy and don't have time to login for several days at a time. Thanks for your consideration lag!

lag01

by lag01 » Post

hmm, 8 days?
also, you know, you can increase this period up to 14 days if you have lots of coal...

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

Fixerol wrote:Empty passwords should be disallowed.
Why?
sorcerykid wrote:Ideally players could arrange a specific time every week to perform the replacement.
This is JT, not JT2. No need to complicate things.
lag01 wrote:hmm, 8 days?
Sounds good.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

This is JT, not JT2. No need to complicate things.
So remembering to replace dozens of braziers every 6.5 days isn't complicated to you?

Okay I'm glad you think so.

lag, please ignore my suggestion to extend the timeframe. That would be too complicated for players.

iisu

by iisu » Post

sorcerykid wrote:So remembering to replace dozens of braziers every 6.5 days isn't complicated to you?

Okay I'm glad you think so.

lag, please ignore my suggestion to extend the timeframe. That would be too complicated for players.
Sorry, I think I just misunderstood that one sentence. For some reason I thought you meant something like giving players an option to decide when exactly their protection would expire within a permitted time frame, I don't even know how that would work.
I like your suggestion to extend the time frame and I even said it in the same post.

PS: Spawn corner got flooded again. On a positive note, people die in lava and there's tons of bones lying around. I just collected another stack from there.

iisu

by iisu » Post

I griefed the spawn, MWAHAHAH HA!
screenshot_20171210_214902.jpg
screenshot_20171210_214902.jpg (341.92 KiB) Viewed 1118 times

ack

by ack » Post

Not sure if JT server is still being looked after but there is a very annoying person on there that keeps killing everyone on the server. Normally I enjoy a fight and dying and revenge. But, every few minutes while you're enjoying yourself you suddenly die. Wow, was he invisible. Even with mini-map on you can't see him.

NO, its NO ONE.. its the SERVER.. again killing us all due to lag triggering far, clip, dig anti-cheat while it catches up and notices you are now standing 10 seconds away. It's not just me that dies, its everyone or at least they lose a lot of heath from it. They are all dead Dave. Yes even Cassandra's dead Dave... That is so annoying and must be even more annoying to people that are busy mining and lost their bones in a mine.

Seriously needs fixing, I'm sure a grep on the logs will show everyone who joins triggers the anti-cheat. Meaning either everyone is cheating, or its not working.

lag01

by lag01 » Post

I experienced anticheat false-positives myself.
It is not network problem i think. It may be CPU related, because it happens when load is more than one core.
First thing to do, is to update to newest game version i guess.

Well, i will need to move server to another location, also some other things happening, so there will be a lot of downtime anyways...

JNEITRONS
GitHub: JNEITRONS
IRC: NEITRON
In-game: NEITRON

by JNEITRONS » Post

ack wrote:Not sure if JT server is still being looked after but there is a very annoying person on there that keeps killing everyone on the server. Normally I enjoy a fight and dying and revenge. But, every few minutes while you're enjoying yourself you suddenly die. Wow, was he invisible. Even with mini-map on you can't see him.

NO, its NO ONE.. its the SERVER.. again killing us all due to lag triggering far, clip, dig anti-cheat while it catches up and notices you are now standing 10 seconds away. It's not just me that dies, its everyone or at least they lose a lot of heath from it. They are all dead Dave. Yes even Cassandra's dead Dave... That is so annoying and must be even more annoying to people that are busy mining and lost their bones in a mine.

Seriously needs fixing, I'm sure a grep on the logs will show everyone who joins triggers the anti-cheat. Meaning either everyone is cheating, or its not working.
ack you gold_digger????

JNEITRONS
GitHub: JNEITRONS
IRC: NEITRON
In-game: NEITRON

by JNEITRONS » Post

lag01 wrote:I experienced anticheat false-positives myself.
It is not network problem i think. It may be CPU related, because it happens when load is more than one core.
First thing to do, is to update to newest game version i guess.

Well, i will need to move server to another location, also some other things happening, so there will be a lot of downtime anyways...
i'm NEITRON(lag unlock my account),minetest version 0.4.16, anticheat kill me and always say "NEITRON has suspected in fast cheat" or "NEITRON suspected in dig cheat" i cant normal play

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

JNEITRONS wrote:
ack wrote:Not sure if JT server is still being looked after but there is a very annoying person on there that keeps killing everyone on the server. Normally I enjoy a fight and dying and revenge. But, every few minutes while you're enjoying yourself you suddenly die. Wow, was he invisible. Even with mini-map on you can't see him.

ack you gold_digger????
Lol. :)
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I agree, the anti-cheat is way too agressive. There are a lot of false-positives.
I don't know how often I already died because of this, just because I walked around on the map! This is very frustrating and destroys the experience. I already lost many mese crystals and diamonds because of this.
I also can confirm that the anti-cheat messages tend to come in quick bursts, brutally slaughtering a lot of innocent players at once.

With so many false-positives, this broken anti-cheat should at least be disabled until the detection rate has been improved. Otherwise, this server is not really playable.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

The sad thing is, I have a strong suspicion what is causing the problem....

m8ii

server

by m8ii » Post

lag in chat of server:
1) i will update server and will try to resolve problem with lags
2) i will try to configure server in temporary place today (wit s***y internet). otherwise server will be fully back after 2-3 weeks

Update: now it works.
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)

m8ii

Sheriffs

by m8ii » Post

Write about sheriffs in this server.
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)

m8ii

by m8ii » Post

Many times:
WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: stone_monster_2.png

iisu

by iisu » Post

JT is gone from the servers list.
I thought it was offline because it looked like so - connection icon was gone and player numbers were question marks. But Arisha told me it's still online and I actually managed to connect to it.
I deleted JT from favourites because I thought it might refresh the status or something. And now I can't find it. It's not on the list.

RWЯ
GitHub: DreamCrusher
IRC: DabbetulArz
In-game: Hood

by RWЯ » Post

iisu wrote:JT is gone from the servers list.
I thought it was offline because it looked like so - connection icon was gone and player numbers were question marks. But Arisha told me it's still online and I actually managed to connect to it.
I deleted JT from favourites because I thought it might refresh the status or something. And now I can't find it. It's not on the list.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180120-160404.png
Screenshot_20180120-160404.png (98.84 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
If I feel it then I do it (I don’t need a reason why)

RWЯ
GitHub: DreamCrusher
IRC: DabbetulArz
In-game: Hood

by RWЯ » Post

Ruggero wrote:
RWЯ wrote:Image
Doesn't mean it's still online or not. Also nice android cancer here.

I gave iisu server adress because he deleted server from fav. list. Also that is minetest client, you just said that minetest is cancer.
If I feel it then I do it (I don’t need a reason why)

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

address = 23.28.87.79
port = 30000
I have no idea why this server is here.

Someone is obsessed. ;-)
Attachments
sd.png
sd.png (159.16 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

why
GitHub: yansanmo
IRC: progysm
In-game: why

by why » Post

maikerumine wrote:address = 23.28.87.79
port = 30000
I have no idea why this server is here.
Someone is obsessed. ;-)
Weird... it's the same IP that Extreme Survival Minetest 5 (0.5.0-dev) and Extreme Survival Minetest City. ;-)

m8ii

Near spawn

by m8ii » Post

Near spawn.
Attachments
screenshot_20180218_132512-----.png
screenshot_20180218_132512-----.png (381.55 KiB) Viewed 1118 times