[Server] just test

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

Re: "just test" server

by twoelk » Post

maikerumine wrote:Lag,

Is there a link where I can download the bone_collector, spawn_jailer, and the oerkkii spawner block?
you could study this passage in the first post:
lag01 wrote: Some most important mods did not worked correctly out of the box, so i was forced to modify them:
carts
bones + bone_collector mod, to motivate players clean map from bones, surprisingly later that became important part of server gameplay...
protectors
simple mobs (did not posted this yet, because i broke half of code - peaceful mobs most likely will not work)

Some mods i created myself:
spawn sanitizer
teleporters
bandages(i think, they are not really popular...)
you could also look here:
https://github.com/AndrejIT?tab=repositories

or, also in this thread, read this:
twoelk wrote:
Pitriss wrote:Please I want to ask.. What is purpose of city block?
according to this: https://github.com/AndrejIT/city_block/ ... r/init.lua
"City block mark area 45x45 in size as part of city"
it dissables placing water in town
it dissables placing lava in town
it sends players that kill in town to jail
that should cover at least two of your subjects

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

twoelk wrote:
maikerumine wrote:Lag,

Is there a link where I can download the bone_collector, spawn_jailer, and the oerkkii spawner block?
you could study this passage in the first post:
lag01 wrote: Some most important mods did not worked correctly out of the box, so i was forced to modify them:
carts
bones + bone_collector mod, to motivate players clean map from bones, surprisingly later that became important part of server gameplay...
protectors
simple mobs (did not posted this yet, because i broke half of code - peaceful mobs most likely will not work)

Some mods i created myself:
spawn sanitizer
teleporters
bandages(i think, they are not really popular...)
you could also look here:
https://github.com/AndrejIT?tab=repositories

or, also in this thread, read this:
twoelk wrote:
Pitriss wrote:Please I want to ask.. What is purpose of city block?
according to this: https://github.com/AndrejIT/city_block/ ... r/init.lua
"City block mark area 45x45 in size as part of city"
it dissables placing water in town
it dissables placing lava in town
it sends players that kill in town to jail
that should cover at least two of your subjects
Thanks Twoelk.

I do have all those mods and pulled them from git, however the ones I requested were not posted for download.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

hm,
I thought the bones collector function was part of his bones fork and the city-block takes care of sending people to jail. Might be wrong though ...
master server list wrote:"mods": ["spawn_command", "screwdriver", "fire", "dye", "craft_guide", "default", "xpanes", "wool", "farming", "beds", "bandages", "vessels", "vendor", "tnt", "admins_tnt", "teleports", "stairs", "less_guests", "kick_voting", "inventory_plus", "simple_skins", "golden_mark", "give_initial_stuff", "flowers", "doors", "diamond_mark", "chat_antiflood", "chat_anticurse", "carts", "bucket", "protector_mese", "city_block", "bones", "spawn_sanitizer", "spawn_jailer", "mobs", "bone_collector", "boats", "applesapling"]
looking at the mod list from master server list you may be correct and these are indeed mods of their own.
Never noticed that

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Post

bone_collector is just 5 reciepes. i will be back after 2 hours and can post it then.
spawn_jailer is obsolete and ambiguous now, as there is city_block now.
and cursed stone i integrated in my ugly tampered simple_mobs version. http://87.110.8.195/mobs.zip

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Any time soon i will add my new Cobble bomb mod to server, so hurry, and replace your cobble buildings with stonebricks!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

lag01 wrote:Any time soon i will add my new Cobble bomb mod to server, so hurry, and replace your cobble buildings with stonebricks!
OH JOY! Now the griefers will have some fun ruining newbie homes! lol

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

lag01 wrote:Any time soon i will add my new Cobble bomb mod to server, so hurry, and replace your cobble buildings with stonebricks!
argh!! nooooooooooooooooooo
but I love my cobble castles :(
and cobble is cheap enough that it is not stolen as often..............
so if you do not want buildings of cobble nor default stone, then please add more other decorative stone sorts
I don't mean all the deco blocks we allready have but blocks based on stone including something with a rustic look and something that is relative cheap and can be used for roads.
And while you are at it you might as well make things craftable or otherwise available that you have allready installed such as red-desertstone.

One castle blasted with dynamite some time ago,
another grieved with lava dumped on it,
the next ripped appart by the new mapgen,
another simply wiped away including protection blocks, chests and trees by the same mapgen
and now
a cobble bomb that does not respect protection
life is indeed hard on this server

besides a castle made completely of stone bricks doesn't really look like a castle in my opinion but things may look different in other parts of the world.

whatever,
do what you think best
I will adapt and survive ... I guess

lag01

by lag01 » Post

twoelk wrote: argh!! nooooooooooooooooooo
Maybe it will be pretty enough, if bomb can destroy only stone... This will make pretty fun mining tool, with almost no griefing posibility. Good thing i didn't rushed.

I am sad to hear, that damage to your buildings during last map rebuild was so great, i wish i had reasonable way to undo this...

I have one one idea in mind, how to make desert sand available in game, but that idea needs some work... Then i could think something about desert stone too.

Well, most importantly, have fun playing!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

twoelk wrote:
argh!! nooooooooooooooooooo
but I love my cobble castles :(
and cobble is cheap enough that it is not stolen as often..............
so if you do not want buildings of cobble nor default stone, then please add more other decorative stone sorts
I don't mean all the deco blocks we allready have but blocks based on stone including something with a rustic look and something that is relative cheap and can be used for roads.
And while you are at it you might as well make things craftable or otherwise available that you have allready installed such as red-desertstone.

One castle blasted with dynamite some time ago,
another grieved with lava dumped on it,
the next ripped appart by the new mapgen,
another simply wiped away including protection blocks, chests and trees by the same mapgen
and now
a cobble bomb that does not respect protection
life is indeed hard on this server

besides a castle made completely of stone bricks doesn't really look like a castle in my opinion but things may look different in other parts of the world.

whatever,
do what you think best
I will adapt and survive ... I guess

T feel you.

ALL my roads are cobble and I enjoy building them. I would hate to see all that work destroyed too. Not to mention all the cobble homes I too have built. :-(

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

lag01 wrote:
twoelk wrote: argh!! nooooooooooooooooooo
Maybe it will be pretty enough, if bomb can destroy only stone... This will make pretty fun mining tool, with almost no griefing posibility. Good thing i didn't rushed.

I am sad to hear, that damage to your buildings during last map rebuild was so great, i wish i had reasonable way to undo this...

I have one one idea in mind, how to make desert sand available in game, but that idea needs some work... Then i could think something about desert stone too.

Well, most importantly, have fun playing!
Lag,

quick question about city block.

I am trying to use it in my world where it is just my cousin and I (2 people) and when we kill each other we do not go to the jail. I have looked at the code and tried changing the numbers around a bit but still it doesn't detect us killing each other even if standing near city block. does this only work with multiple players greater than 3?

lag01

by lag01 » Post

maikerumine wrote: Lag,

quick question about city block.

I am trying to use it in my world where it is just my cousin and I (2 people) and when we kill each other we do not go to the jail. I have looked at the code and tried changing the numbers around a bit but still it doesn't detect us killing each other even if standing near city block. does this only work with multiple players greater than 3?
Well, if you are standing too far from each other, killing suspect may not be detected. I doubt that problem is with players < 3.

incentive

by incentive » Post

lag01, does your server have access to an IPv6 address?

If you have an IPv6 address and would be willing to allow me to play through such a connection this is what I added on my personal server in minetest.conf(Minetest/Minetest) when I tested concurrent IPv6+IPv4 connections out on my own home test server:

Code: Select all

enable_ipv6 = true
ipv6_server = true

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Even if my provider supports ipv6, i doubt my cheap home router can support it correctly.
But why ipv6?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Lag, your server is the best. I thought I would just say that. :-)

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Thanks!
But i hope, it will inspire people to make even better servers, because i feel that i covered only part of Minetest potential.

incentive

by incentive » Post

lag01 wrote:Even if my provider supports ipv6, i doubt my cheap home router can support it correctly.
But why ipv6?
If you aren't passionate about ipv6 just remember that I mentioned it. Routers should support IPv6 but ISPs may have trouble to implement it correctly.(they may lack implementing an IPv6 feature called "DHCP-PD" and without that your router can't forward an IPv6 address to the server)
My ISP also lacks DHCP-PD and IPv6 works only without a router.

Just take it as a curious question, me wondering if you knew about it. :)

Great server!

lag01

by lag01 » Post

incentive wrote:...
If you aren't passionate about ipv6 just remember that I mentioned it.
I know basics about IPv4 but almost nothing about IPv6, hope i will learn eventually.
Thanks!

incentive

by incentive » Post

Me and Lucarius made an "Unofficial Spawn Mine. -Public-" today at spawn. I guess the code will wipe it clean(if not any griefers manage to do that before) on the next restart. It goes down to about -100 in depth, and then another vertical mine(for experienced players) takes the depth down to about -1000 for the moment.

Here's how the entrance to it looks in the spawn area:

incentive

by incentive » Post

Hi rnd and the rest of players whose accounts got lost,

sorry for any misunderstanding, but I didn't know accounts got reset rnd. I hope that you get your account back.

If my account ipv6v6 vanishes I'll not be super sad(but I'll be sad) if somebody hijacks it and it's because I've not put in super much work, not as much as rnd, nor gold_digger, disabledclouds, tring, BlueFireUn(and a lot of more players/characters I didn't mention cause I'm relatively new to the server), thus I'll not be fully devastated by losing my account.
Though after people started saying that "accounts got cracked into" I changed my passwords on my "ipv6v6" and "ipv6" accounts to ridiculously-unnecessary strong passwords(+8kbit) because I thought that maybe somebody had found a way to brute-force passwords on the server for players accounts(my limited knowledge of how the Minetest engine works)

incentive

by incentive » Post

I made a mistake when doing an experiment with jungle saplings instead of normal saplings. Now wood has spread inside gold_digger's and RedFireUNGIRL's protected areas and I can't remove the wood.

My purpose with it is for it to become a Public Tree Farm for both jungle and normal wood, with a little shop selling iron axes, leaves(that can be turned into saplings given time) and some easy way to get gold by selling bones, to acquire leaves and axes(not started with axes shop yet. I think the farm has some problems)

incentive

by incentive » Post

bitsflashing wrote:Do you ever plan on allowing the players to set a home?
If you sleep in a bed at night, it becomes the spawn point to which you respawn. Possibly a bug or a side-effect, if you get fragged in the start-position in spawn you will respawn with all your items in your bed. If this is a bug then maybe it won't work in the future.

To acquire a bed, buy it at spawn, or grow cotton and make one yourself. oerkki monsters who spawn from cursed stones(or make such stones yourself) at night at gold_digger's church sometimes drop jungle grass. If you place jungle grass on the ground and take it, sometimes it drops cotton seeds.
Some recipes because the craft guide represents wool as "unknown item":
Normal bed is:
wool, wool, wool,
planks, planks. planks,
- , - , -

Fancy bed is:
wool, wool, stick,
planks, planks. planks,
- , - , -

lag01

by lag01 » Post

For some reason, auth.txt file was reset. I don't know how it happened - there was no changes at server. I briefly searched logs, but didn't found clues how and when exactly that happened.
Unfortunately, i am too busy right now, to sort this problem out in reasonable way...

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

lag01 wrote:For some reason, auth.txt file was reset. I don't know how it happened - there was no changes at server. I briefly searched logs, but didn't found clues how and when exactly that happened.
Unfortunately, i am too busy right now, to sort this problem out in reasonable way...
Does this mean password reset?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I'm scared... I need my TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

I don't like the way that the protection works, because it isn't possible to tell which areas are protected without getting another player to test it.