[Server] just test

botumin
In-game: botumin

Re: "just test" server

by botumin » Post

thanks maikerumine, that was awesome help.
Playing with the offline version has given me ideas on some mods I'd like to make and I've been trying them.
Quite fun :).

However I'd like to see for example the code for "golden_mark" and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know where it is?.

Cheers,
botumin

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

botumin wrote:thanks maikerumine, that was awesome help.
Playing with the offline version has given me ideas on some mods I'd like to make and I've been trying them.
Quite fun :).

However I'd like to see for example the code for "golden_mark" and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know where it is?.

Cheers,
botumin

You are welcome!
It isn't in Lags repository. Neither is Diamond mark and the bones tweak giving bones when monster dies.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

incentive

by incentive » Post

maikerumine wrote:Admin TNT takes 24hours and timer is only active around players. Works sooner near spawn or active areas. Mess pick will remove admin tnt but you will die, however you will have deactivated admins tnt in inventory as bonus.

Hope this helps!
Mese axe will remove Admin TNT

GarulfoDG
In-game: GarulfoDG

by GarulfoDG » Post

lag01 wrote: What i really don't want to happen, is to allow to teleport home-spawn-home, could be burden on a server. Also i don't want encourage people to live 10000 blocks away from spawn like hermits without ewer staying at spawn more like 3 seconds. Also i don't want allow griefers to /sethome in someone else's house.
I don' t understood question about spawn resets.
botumin wrote:Great server! Thanks for creating and hosting it lag.
The city center is annoyingly aggressive, I guess it goes a bit against the point of limiting teleporters since you still tend to avoid "the city". And you can't really browse the shops there. Could PvP be limited to be outside the city center?
I agree with botumin, i never stay long in the city. Oerkki's spawner above doesnt help to pacify this place. Selling box mess is completely unusable because of the mess and the aggressiveness of the place.
As a consequence, many players now use the "picking bones before respawn" trick, and ask to kill them at spawn to achieve lag01's unwanted "home-spawn-home" teleportation. The spawn turned into an hellish mandatory path, not a meeting or an exchange place.

I really would like to help cleaning and pacify the spawn : if i can do anything IG, please ask me.
And please forgive my english ;-)

botumin

by botumin » Post

maikerumine wrote:ERRR...

after quick study, I had come to realise that removing the fire mod, this breaks other mods like mobs, so I guess modifying the mod itself would be best.
12Me21 wrote:Maybe just make the fire spread outside of protected areas
Yeah, or outside city blocks which are harder to come by

GarulfoDG

by GarulfoDG » Post

Can someone explain me how gold_digger can steal my bones immediately after killing me ? It's just disgusting. It happened to Michele to btw, half an hour ago.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

GarulfoDG wrote:Can someone explain me how gold_digger can steal my bones immediately after killing me ? It's just disgusting. It happened to Michele to btw, half an hour ago.
Wait, right after? Doesn't the bones mod make them stay around for a few minutes after?

GarulfoDG

by GarulfoDG » Post

Yes i confirm, i went back less than one minute later (it happened near spawn church). When Michele complained about that I didn't want to believe her, but it happend to me few minutes later.
However i'm not sure if gold_digger has stolen it (he claims he did) or just made it disapeared.

botumin

by botumin » Post

GarulfoDG wrote:Yes i confirm, i went back less than one minute later (it happened near spawn church). When Michele complained about that I didn't want to believe her, but it happend to me few minutes later.
However i'm not sure if gold_digger has stolen it (he claims he did) or just made it disapeared.
Yeah, looking at the code it seems normal timeout is: 1200, now I'm new to this, but from my experience it seems those are seconds and it should be 20 minutes outside of spawn. However:

Code: Select all

if pos.x>-30 and pos.x<30 and pos.y>-30 and pos.y<60 and pos.z>-30 and pos.z<30 then
			timeout=timeout/3
near spawn it is a third of that, so 6 minutes.

I don't believe he found a vulnerability to that since he built quite elaborate tombs to my bones in his property to gather them last night, unless this happened after reboot (I gave up shortly before).

But I am a bit confused by this line:

local time = meta:get_int("bonetime_counter")*10 +elapsed
I guess lag will have to chime in here, since that seems to be reducing time by 10, but we know that's not the case (normally bones are fresh for more than 2 minutes and at spawn they definitely don't last only 40 seconds.... or do they?).

He got from me a whole bunch of diamond tools (and some more as I tried to gain back the first). He seems quite bored in my opinion and he now just goes on to see how he can grief in new ways (I imagine he didn't get anything he already had a ton of by killing other people, and Michele's spamming probably encouraged him). More proof of this is the bunch of cursed stones he placed near spawn (which is a bit funny, but probably a big grief on newer players).

All this made me wonder about the philosophy of the server. I mean, is the point of PVP on this server to allow to kill with the intent of stealing?, or just to be able to organize tournaments like the ones I think Master_CJ organized?. I wonder if PVP can be modded out of the city center, I'm not sure how, and of course this is supposed to be a fun project for lag and nothing else, he has no obligation to help us with our problems. And this is supposed to be just a test server, an experiment ;-), as much as it may be one that many of us have grown attached to.

Regarding all this, I wonder, who else is an admin in this? I suspect disableclouds is one, do any of the other great builders have special privs? tring?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

botumin wrote:
GarulfoDG wrote:Yes i confirm, i went back less than one minute later (it happened near spawn church). When Michele complained about that I didn't want to believe her, but it happend to me few minutes later.
Yeah, looking at the code it seems normal timeout is: 1200, now I'm new to this, but from my experience it seems those are seconds and it should be 20 minutes outside of spawn. However:

if pos.x>-30 and pos.x<30 and pos.y>-30 and pos.y<60 and pos.z>-30 and pos.z<30 then
			timeout=timeout/3
near spawn it is a third of that, so 6 minutes.

I don't believe he found a vulnerability to that since he built quite elaborate tombs to my bones in his property to gather them last night, unless this happened after reboot (I gave up shortly before).

But I am a bit confused by this line:

local time = meta:get_int("bonetime_counter")*10 +elapsed
I guess lag will have to chime in here, since that seems to be reducing time by 10, but we know that's not the case (normally bones are fresh for more than 2 minutes and at spawn they definitely don't last only 40 seconds.... or do they?).

He got from me a whole bunch of diamond tools (and some more as I tried to gain back the first). He seems quite bored in my opinion and he now just goes on to see how he can grief in new ways (I imagine he didn't get anything he already had a ton of by killing other people, and Michele's spamming probably encouraged him). More proof of this is the bunch of cursed stones he placed near spawn (which is a bit funny, but probably a big grief on newer players).

All this made me wonder about the philosophy of the server. I mean, is the point of PVP on this server to allow to kill with the intent of stealing?, or just to be able to organize tournaments like the ones I think Master_CJ organized?. I wonder if PVP can be modded out of the city center, I'm not sure how, and of course this is supposed to be a fun project for lag and nothing else, he has no obligation to help us with our problems. And this is supposed to be just a test server, an experiment ;-), as much as it may be one that many of us have grown attached to.

Regarding all this, I wonder, who else is an admin in this? I suspect disableclouds is one, do any of the other great builders have special privs? tring?
Hi Botumin!

As far as I understand, Lag is the only admin on the server. A few stronger players like Disableclouds, Tring,843jdc, etc. do quite a lot to keep the infrastructure clear and nice looking.

I too am way attached to this server, the gameplay and raw simulation of chaos in the big city play all too well creating a somewhat realistic city centre in my opinion. :-) Since spawn is so chaotic and violent, one must be vigilant when passing through, to me this keeps things very interesting. A rule of thumb for me is to keep moving!!

botumin

by botumin » Post

Hehe, well yes, that could be a way of looking at it. And the current "roadways" do help to get to see a lot of different houses and all. But it is a bit annoying trying to find a shop were you aren't prone to being attacked and that is well suplied. But hey, nothing's perfect. I do worry that gold_digger now "owns" a rather big portion of downtown (seems to me he took over certain abandoned accounts somehow) I hope he doesn't try to somehow make gameplay unbearable in the center...

As for mentioning making the center more friendly I just thought that was the point of making the teleports' function limited. Maybe it was just to add to the challenge...

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

If this still is the gold_digger of old than he also is part of those who "built" the server. His shop was (and may still be) sort of the "first" address near spawn. He must have been for long streches of time the most resourcefull player around spawn and his buildings at times very much determined the look of spawn area. Many of his area claims may have been made at the pioneer age of the server. Of course there have been many others that founded spawn but he was part of the few that had a signicant impact on the development of spawn area.

Having spent some time on this server I often noticed how people kept begging and pestering him for resources at an increasingly annoying scale. Also having built so much with expensive materials he was one of the most badly griefed persons I can remember. He was often on the brink of ragequit as even his protected buildings got griefed.

So I may not be able to judge what has happened on the server in the last month or so as I have been more busy elsewhere but one thing people may want to consider is that the activity on this server has also had an impact on gold_digger just as his activity has formed part of the server.

botumin

by botumin » Post

Yeah, I imagine he's done a great service in the past. But I fear he's either bored or his account has been compromised by a griefer. The shop, rather visible is quite nice, sadly that day he lured people into it to kill them and then build around their bones.

But hey, it's just using the game mechanics to see how he can "beat" other players... it's valid I guess, or griefing, I don't know. I just hope he finds a way to have fun at other players' expense.

BlueFireIceUn
In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Post

This server becomes useless. People are stuck at ßpawn cause woods, the lava is gone, the strong players left (and me too will if admin lag if he is really an admin don't do anything to spawn). The real problems are the wood+protections, the killers, the trollers. You was my favourite admin but you let the server alone. We need you. WHERE IS LAG?
lag, already 1 week everyone is stuck at spawn..rnd, tring and dc aren't on since 2 weeks. Only gold_digger, maikerumine and me always come. "bla bla im busy" and the server? u are lag, u are the admin so work like an admin.
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

botumin

by botumin » Post

BlueFireIceUn wrote:This server becomes useless.
I don't mean to be as harsh as BlueFire but yup, the server has become quite unmotivating seeing how griefing has taken the best of the city center. People clutter the spawn to troll even with locked chests that leave their name and nothing is done.

During this time I've visited another server, and there they've managed to ban people by permanently removing privs from their account (interact/shout). This seems like the kind of harsh action necessary for repeat griefing offenders, that ought to demotivate the most powerful players, or at least make it harder (first gather resources from scratch if you want to go around killing people, etc).

Just my two cents anyways. There are other servers and you owe us nothing. But in case you're still interested in seeing how a community flourishes under your rule, I'm thinking you're loosing it.

botumin

by botumin » Post

By the way, Ive seen spawn gets better sometimes.
Does anyone know how to remove these blocks without admin powers? I'm thinking if you replace a removed block with another one (non-wood one) it might remove both? Haven't tried.

Please share this info.

Krestonosec

by Krestonosec » Post

Please back my password
Name - krestonosec
Server - Just test

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I have been noticing people removing admin's tnt on the server, it was placed by lag to remove the chests, not the tnt is gone. Is there a way to protect spawn so no more doors, chests and wood are around?

BlueFireIceUn
In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Post

I have a bad news about my pc. It has a virus i wish so i should wait my parents find and correct the problen so i wont be on the server long time ago.
P.S : tell everyone what i tell u
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I see new mods added to the server!

How does fire extinguisher work and chat2?
I am glad to see spawn cleaned up too!!

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Post

fire_extinquisher monitors area in 8 node radius(only 2 nodes bellow), and when fire is detected, it is removed. Well, detection rate is low, so it has other option - when you right-click on it, fire in 16 block radius is removed instantly.

chat2 is meant to deal with that insane chat flow - messages are shown there if players are nearby, if they are prepended by !, or if they contain your name. I am still experimenting with that, and plan to also add /msg and your chosen words/names there.

lolswag
In-game: lolswag

by lolswag » Post

Lag,

It's lolswag, I would like it if you please put a couple of mods.
I would like it if you please put a actuall money mod in so that we can use gold for over stuff like build.I would also like it if you would please add some more nyan cat and rainbow.I love what you have done to the server and I think it is the best server on the list.
I would love to see these changes please. I also think you are the best server owner on here.your world is a combination of 2 things I like PvP and mining. I have been on the server for a year, and have not found any nyan :( . So can you please try to help with that situation??

---lolswag---

---lolswag---

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

lolswag wrote:Lag,

It's lolswag, I would like it if you please put a couple of mods.
I would like it if you please put a actuall money mod in so that we can use gold for over stuff like build.I would also like it if you would please add some more nyan cat and rainbow.I love what you have done to the server and I think it is the best server on the list.
I would love to see these changes please. I also think you are the best server owner on here.your world is a combination of 2 things I like PvP and mining. I have been on the server for a year, and have not found any nyan :( . So can you please try to help with that situation??

---lolswag---

---lolswag---
HI LOLSWAG!

+1 on the best server!!!

amadin

by amadin » Post

How to enabling keyboard control (w,s,a,d,i,space) at russian keyboard layout?
Как заставить работать управление с клавиатуры (w,s,a,d,i,space) на русской раскладке?

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Post

amadin wrote:How to enabling keyboard control (w,s,a,d,i,space) at russian keyboard layout?
Как заставить работать управление с клавиатуры (w,s,a,d,i,space) на русской раскладке?
Settings > Change keys > press with mouse, then press correct key
Settings > Change keys > кликни мышкой и выбери клавиши, которые тебе надо.