[Server] just test

GarulfoDG
In-game: GarulfoDG

Re: "just test" server

by GarulfoDG » Post

I use the "protection stick" (craft with one protection block above one stick), it is more than enough for me. Or did i misunderstand ?

12Me21
GitHub: 12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

GarulfoDG wrote:I use the "protection stick" (craft with one protection block above one stick), it is more than enough for me. Or did i misunderstand ?
How does that work? Also, it is extremely expensive.
Last edited by 12Me21 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

GarulfoDG

by GarulfoDG » Post

When one use the tool (leftclic) on a node, a message appears in the chat zone : "This area is own by [owner] | You can[not] build here". Thats expensive but it does not wear out. You should borrow mine if you want to test.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

When you right click your protection block, it says you can punch it to view the area, but I tried it and nothing happens. Is this a bug?

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

12Me21 wrote:When you right click your protection block, it says you can punch it to view the area, but I tried it and nothing happens. Is this a bug?
It works on version 4.10 of the client.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

maikerumine wrote:
12Me21 wrote:When you right click your protection block, it says you can punch it to view the area, but I tried it and nothing happens. Is this a bug?
strange, works on Xanadu with 0.4.12

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

twoelk wrote:
maikerumine wrote:
strange, works on Xanadu with 0.4.12
I think the mod was tweaked between servers, at least that is how my versions worked for me.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

I hate how there are so many iron doors and locked chests, I wish you could break other people's locked chests if they're empty, like you can on some other servers(/versions?)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Most are still filled. If you craft admins tnt you can remove, bit only on your property.
It is a unique server, it will grow on you. Thank God you haven't experienced "bone hell" back last July, the server has come a long way, I feel you cam help to make it even better. :-). You have the passion and the drive.

GarulfoDG

by GarulfoDG » Post

So what is the Admin TNT delay ? It cannot remove protection owned by unused account ? I often see protected ugly ruins in stone blocks, with the mandatory iron door and locked chest.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Admin TNT takes 24hours and timer is only active around players. Works sooner near spawn or active areas. Mess pick will remove admin tnt but you will die, however you will have deactivated admins tnt in inventory as bonus.

Hope this helps!

12Me21

EASTER EGG HUNT!!!

by 12Me21 » Post

Download + install this texture pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4asy046m447d ... t.zip?dl=0

Now there are easter eggs hidden everywhere! Most just have crap like wooden pickaxes, but some have valuable stuff!

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

I find a lot of carts on the rails, especially at the ends, so I think many people do not know how to pick them up (shift+leftclick) maybe there should be a sign at spawn that says this..?

incentive

by incentive » Post

12Me21 wrote:I find a lot of carts on the rails, especially at the ends, so I think many people do not know how to pick them up (shift+leftclick) maybe there should be a sign at spawn that says this..?
Some don't know how to "sneak jump". "Sneak jump" allows players to go up and down vertical mines if they have been designed correctly. For example you can get down from 0,0,0 to 0,-2000,0 just with a free fall and then just get up again(with proper vertical mineshaft mine design). On computers a "spawn jump" is made with shift held down+jump key(holding or pressing regularly). Not always easy to find players on this server who use a computer...

Many players who connect on "just test" play on mobile devices. For example I know 2 who play on an iPad and one knows how to "sneak jump" and another one has not learnt that yet, even though they use the exact same app.

By the way, here's a link to some images of a hole made by 20 TNT I set off today: viewtopic.php?p=175544#p175544

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Is there a possibility to perma ban Guest689? he set fire to a bunch of things tonight.

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Post

maikerumine wrote:Is there a possibility to perma ban Guest689? he set fire to a bunch of things tonight.
Use voting box for now please.
I will think, how to deal with fire problem, maybe by making fire spread much slower.

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

by Gael de Sailly » Post

maikerumine wrote:he set fire to a bunch of things tonight.
Enabling fire on a public server is very risky. It's disabled on many ones.
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Gael de Sailly wrote:
maikerumine wrote:he set fire to a bunch of things tonight.
Enabling fire on a public server is very risky. It's disabled on many ones.
I agree, I think this would thwart any future griefing and uglification to the server.

TEST: remove fire mod

I took an archived map of the server and removed the fire mod from minetest_game and the lava does not burn anything.

Please do this to the server, I think all would benefit.
Attachments
lava.png
lava.png (640.69 KiB) Viewed 1145 times

botumin
In-game: botumin

by botumin » Post

Great server! Thanks for creating and hosting it lag.

The challenge of no soil made it quite addicting and thanks to people like ipv6 ("incentive" here on the forum) with his public farm it was reasonable to make progress. I still wish I had know earlier that to make soil I only needed 9 bones :P, when I begun I had the luck of finding two unprotected soil blocks and set up my underground tree grow house very far away from everyone. Still made it nice to see the outskirts, for now I'm mostly limited to city/mine. I feel bad about the person I stole those blocks from, but back then I had no idea where I was all the time, so no idea where I should put them back now :-P.

I have a few questions.

What is the blast radius on admin's tnt? It didn't work for an iron door even though it was only two blocks away from it.

Have cobblestone bombs been restricted? I tried it on an abandoned eyesore of a dilapidated house next to mine but it removed nothing (this after I lost a few that rolled away) it exploded, harmed me for being too close but the structure was untouched (it was protected, and so I understand if you decided to respect that, I just want to know if I should try again).

The city center is annoyingly aggressive, I guess it goes a bit against the point of limiting teleporters since you still tend to avoid "the city". And you can't really browse the shops there. Could PvP be limited to be outside the city center?

And finally... any plans on another measure against spam? The "chat tampering" warning seems to be not enough for certain players when they just want to be annoying. Maybe there could be a smaller character per message limit (2, 3 lines on a normal screen) and a limit of 1 message per second. Just suggestions of course. For the diamond marker you have to find the person, right? sometimes I'm down a mine far away from anyone and can't do anything about people spamming because they want attention. In any case the messaging system of the game is bleak, it'd be nice to get a sound for /msg messages and to be able to hide system messages to make the discussion easier to follow.

botumin
In-game: botumin

by botumin » Post

maikerumine wrote: I took an archived map of the server
How do you get this? I'd love to be able to play around with an offline version of the map!.

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

botumin wrote:
How do you get this? I'd love to be able to play around with an offline version of the map!.
add

Code: Select all

enable_local_map_saving = true
to your minetest.config

It will create a local copy of the places you vist and only those in your worlds folder. To play these worlds you will have to connect the worlds with the right collection of mods of course.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

botumin wrote:
in your config file, on version 4.11 and up:

1. up enter: enable_local_map_saving = true
2. go to server and walk around a bit, it will save a new map in folder with server ip.
3. Create a new map in singlenode. Name it whatever, this will be the3 map you play in offline.
4. Add the mods folder to this new singlenode map with all the mods that the server hosts.
5. Copy the saved map from the ip named folder in your maps folder, paste the sqlite file and over write the new singlenode map.
6. start up and give it a go, it can get buggy and if you explore too far the mapgen will kinda wreck your offline map, save often.

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

as maikerumine hints, this can be tricky. Always work from a copy from a copy. It might be advisable to disable fire and lava flow on first start or otherwise your world will simply burn on first startup (especially Dreambuilder or Landrush type worlds) or hidden tnt goes of or a grumpy Dungeon Master pops up or whatever...;-P Also the "fly" and "noclip" privs may be usefull as you may spawn inside some blocks.
The most difficult part is usually to get the right collection of mods as some may be used only on a single server and may never have been made public.

You will find most of the mods lag01 created for this server on the first page of this thread or on github here.
A somewhat older list of mods present on the server is here. Type

Code: Select all

/mods
into the chat window on the server to view a more current list.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

ERRR...

after quick study, I had come to realise that removing the fire mod, this breaks other mods like mobs, so I guess modifying the mod itself would be best.

12Me21

by 12Me21 » Post

Maybe just make the fire spread outside of protected areas