[Server] just test

stoneminer
GitHub: sm31
IRC: stoneminer
In-game: stoneminer

Re: "just test" server

by stoneminer » Post

I really think BlueFireUn should be given admin privs, he's not a griefer and I think he would make a good admin.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

BlueFireIceUn
In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Post

stoneminer wrote:I really think BlueFireUn should be given admin privs, he's not a griefer and I think he would make a good admin.
awww ^_^ thanks stone, I don't know how tell you how nice you are XD
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

asia1444
In-game: asia14

by asia1444 » Post

Hi guys,

Have you been noticing protection blocks and even whole buildings disapearing from the server? Me and 843jdc arnt sure if it's just really 'good' greifing, or if theres a different problem going on here.
I attached a few screenshots of disableclouds road where many houses were built, maikerumines house near spawn, and gold_diggers land next to spawn. Protection blocks on tring's sky platform are gone also.

Have you noticed this? It should be fixed soon else more buildings are going to be gone!

-Asia
Attachments
image.png
image.png (479 KiB) Viewed 916 times
image.png
image.png (493.66 KiB) Viewed 916 times
image.png
image.png (493.66 KiB) Viewed 916 times

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

asia1444 wrote:Hi guys,

Have you been noticing protection blocks and even whole buildings disapearing from the server? Me and 843jdc arnt sure if it's just really 'good' greifing, or if theres a different problem going on here.
I attached a few screenshots of disableclouds road where many houses were built, maikerumines house near spawn, and gold_diggers land next to spawn. Protection blocks on tring's sky platform are gone also.

Have you noticed this? It should be fixed soon else more buildings are going to be gone!

-Asia
It was problably gold_digger. He cheats. Infact, one time I set local_map_saving = true and then locally, I spied in gold_digger's chest. He has 99 nyan cats. Now how can you get that being a good player?

EDIT: It might have been one of the gold_diggers. The main him told me that several people share his account.

Um, the last 2 screenshots are identical.

asia1444

by asia1444 » Post

BBmine wrote:
It was problably gold_digger. He cheats. Infact, one time I set local_map_saving = true and then locally, I spied in gold_digger's chest. He has 99 nyan cats. Now how can you get that being a good player?

EDIT: It might have been one of the gold_diggers. The main him told me that several people share his account.

Um, the last 2 screenshots are identical.
It could be gold_digger, but I feel like this isnt him. IK that cheats for everything, but how would he do this?? Admin TNT is the only way to break houses that arnt protected by you, but if it's not next to spawn it will take a very long time to explode. I guess he could have figured out a way to do that, I have no clue why he would though. I dont think gold would do that... Or maybe I just dont know him lol

Anyway, I hope it's a griefer and not a server problem, because lag doesn't seem to fix much around here.

-Asia

asia1444

by asia1444 » Post

Oops,
Here is the other screenshot of DC's road that I forgot to attach. To the right of his road, used to be a bunch of houses.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (479.8 KiB) Viewed 916 times

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

Griefing/Spawn Decorating/There is a new gold_digger in town

by 843jdc » Post

For those that actually read this forum, gold_digger is not the original gold_digger but is 843jdc. gold_digger gave me his account on the condition that asia14 and I use it to make his areas better. I am letting asia14 'decorate' while I find, store, and sort gold-digger's possessions so that I can find what asia14 needs when she needs it. His account is NOT being looted. Everything is, or was, still there except for a loan of bookshelves to asia14 so that she could finish her library. Then start to work on gold_digger's property.

With the destruction of lots of buildings, including gold_digger's main? storeroom, those resources are now gone. Though gold_digger has locked chests scattered all over the place that I may never find them all. Unless the griefing is undone, I see no reason to try to do what was intended because it will only be destroyed. And everyone elses constructions may be next.

I did help a little by destroying all the cursed stones near spawn that I could. Spawn should be a slightly safer place now. I was going to leave them there for now following my philosophy of "don't make changes too soon without a good reason" but with the bad player griefing, I decided to do something nice :) BTW there are two cursed stones above and in a protected area owned by lag near spawn that I can't remove.

Since gold_digger gave me his account to help the server, why would he sabotage what he wants me and asia14 to do? So I doubt if it is the original gold_digger. Also, the main target of these attacks seems to be gold_digger.

The original gold_digger tried to help players learn how to play but only got continuously attacked for his efforts. I will try to do the same but I will mostly help asia14 do what she needs to do and leave players alone. IOW I will not attack unless attacked. Requests/demands for free stuff will be ignored. Learn how to mine and get your own stuff. That is not hard to do and is fun. Free stuff has no meaning.

lag:
That long and high mound of locked chests at spawn is in an area that is not protected by protection blocks. There is a 2 block unprotected space between gold_digger's and lag's areas. I will try to re-position or add protection blocks to protect that area. Then see if I can blow up those locked chests unless someone gives me a good reason not to do so. If you would share the cart tracks with me I can help keep the tracks clear of griefing items.

Giving someone the ability to revoke a griefing player's interact and/or shout privs would be a great thing. That would stop a lot of griefing and chat spamming. I understand BlueFireUn wants to do the job. Sounds like a good idea to me.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

For what it is worth, I firmly believe some how some one is using world-edit to destroy this world.

I will create a full synopsis if anyone is interested.

The main reasons I believe this are three reasons:

1. Some of the builds made from just stone like the inverted pyramid, the mengerscube thing, these are possible to be built with hand, however it should be notes as suspicious.

2. the recent water griefs... this can happen by either changing the map water height, but that would mean spawn would be covered, therefore this leads me to believe a pos1 pos2 was set and set to water.

3. the building griefs this week were 100% caused by world edit, the removals were cubic without irregularities.

All in all, some one is either using a hacked client to cause mischief or lag somehow has the world edit code hidden in his mods and someone knows how to use it.

just my thoughts.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

might be interesting wether the griefing stops at chunk borders. If so it might be the old mapgen griefing again. On some of VanessaE's servers it was noted how regions explored and built in where revisited by the mapgen some months later and changed accordingly. Keep in mind though that only deleting blocks by mapgen would always respect some chunk borders. Placing blocks by mapgen can sometimes have jagged borders according to "mudflow" or appear as "topping" on destroyed areas.

btw, the top of my building atop my mineshaft near spawn is also missing :-(
have not checked the far areas yet

has any underground griefing been observed? I lost all mining tunnels west of a certain line some months ago due to mapgen change. Sometimes the mapgen has also included new layers of rock accross my shafts and stairs.
And some of the walls I'm sure to have stripped of anything valueable have lots of new ores sometimes.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Hello again!

After quite some time analyzing the grief, it looks to me like a large tnt blast caused the damage.
The gold digger farm has an area of 43x43 and looks intentional in other spots too.
I hope you can catch the griefer and ban them.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

BBmine wrote: He has 99 nyan cats. Now how can you get that being a good player?
maybe not always good but if you have lots of time.
The gold_digger account has been active almost as long as the server exists and has been online more often than most others.
And if you mine deep enough (as in several km) rich caves are more common. Also NyanCats seem somewhat easier to find on this server. In the beginning some where in the water.

you can get rich on this server by hard work - of course there may be easier ways
(some of which might have been exploited by some players)
but despite it's empty appearance on first join this server does offer ways of amassing loads of resources.

BlueFireIceUn
In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Post

twoelk wrote:
BBmine wrote: He has 99 nyan cats. Now how can you get that being a good player?
maybe not always good but if you have lots of time.
The gold_digger account has been active almost as long as the server exists and has been online more often than most others.
And if you mine deep enough (as in several km) rich caves are more common. Also NyanCats seem somewhat easier to find on this server. In the beginning some where in the water.

you can get rich on this server by hard work - of course there may be easier ways
(some of which might have been exploited by some players)
but despite it's empty appearance on first join this server does offer ways of amassing loads of resources.
More than everyone? or just than many people? and gold found a cheat to have infinite stuff
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Lag must know about the griefing on just test but just isn't doing anything about it. His last login was December 31, 2015. I also saw that he liked maikerumine's just test video about the griefing, so he must have seen it.

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

That's a long video haha.

It is easy to get those items quickly when you use a cheat that gives you no_clip and whatever it is that lets you see diamonds and mese or whatever you wish through the stone.
gold_digger visited me and asia while we were mining once. He disappeared for a few minutes before returning and giving us a quite a lot of mese.
My enthusiasm for playing on this server is pretty much gone. And asia seems mad at me. Maybe because I'm not helping much other than clearing areas for her to build on. The un-repaired griefing damage makes maiki's server much more attractive to spend my time on. Or maybe my own server. Losing the items doesn't bother me nearly as much as the loss of 2-3 days of my time. This is not the first time that I wasted my time either but it makes me wonder why I bother coming here.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Heh, by chance, 1 nyan cat + rainbows spawns on an area of 800^3 blocks, nearly impossible to get 99. But, if you are a cheater and you want to get a lot of them, I guess you could replace the texture of stone with a transparent one. But it's unlikely to happen that you get that many or even see that many. Still, it's really "easy" to cheat in minetest, just need to edit the code, add/delete a few lines and then compile again.

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

My concern about someone that uses no_clip is that the cheater could have gone through your mining area and removed all the mese and diamonds leaving none for you to find.
Just imagine how much area the cheater could quickly go through generating a really large map database file. I'm sure admins love that. hehe. I'm just speculating here.
I have yet to find a nyan cat on this server. I did find one on another server after only being there a few hours. All the players wanted it.

gold_digger
In-game: gold_digger

by gold_digger » Post

okay, fun, something destroyed my chests. Bit strange it was after I gave it away. But anyway. The AdminTNT that cleaner tried to use failed before, and also it will take a good day to blow up and would have been seen.. That MapGen bug is interesting to try :), I can imagine being able to edit outside current area. But, digging and overall interaction is done on the server. I dont think you can change that. I dont think world edit is installed.. It doesnt matter. It's only "stuff", I can get more HAHA.

As for cheats, what I have done is allowed NoClip, Fast, and Fly on client side. This is not controllable. however, some servers do some nice neat tricks. "Servival server No. 521" does the best to prevent flying and noclip, and its VERY annoying trying to cheat on there.

To go one or two steps better, I also remove the rendering of Stone as Dragonop says. However, to get Nyan Cats I render only cats, lava, water, chests and protectors. That way you cant just fly down as fast as you want and only see cats. Can find 1 cat every few minutes ;).

Cheating, bhah, its a twist on playability. You got to remember its only a game, and you dont die in real life,, also, you come with nothing, you leave with nothing...

Enjoy it,,, Exploits are another level of game play... Adapt against it.. Best plan for AdminTNT is to watch your land every day and adapt.

stoneminer
GitHub: sm31
IRC: stoneminer
In-game: stoneminer

by stoneminer » Post

You must remember that by griefing, you are making into dust the precious time spent by a player when he could have been doing something else in real life.
Last edited by stoneminer on Sat Jan 23, 2016 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

stoneminer wrote:Maybe, it is just a game, but killing and cheating in games makes you want to hate/kill and cheat in real life (or vice versa), so it's always best to obey the rules in everything.
That is the weakest and worst argument/thinking that I "ever" heard.
The fact that somebody kills in a videogame won't make them do it in real life, but instead use it as a discharge making it a way to avoid people from hurting real alive stuff.
As an example, the fact that I played doom, quake, gta, postal, and other similar stuff didn't make me (or any other person that I know) aggressive or hateful.
The other side is also wrong, the fact that it is a game doesn't makes it valid, legal, or good.
Also you must remember that by griefing, you are making into dust the precious time spent by a player when he could have been doing something else in real life.
Agree.

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Post

maikerumine wrote:Hello again!

After quite some time analyzing the grief, it looks to me like a large tnt blast caused the damage.
The gold digger farm has an area of 43x43 and looks intentional in other spots too.
I hope you can catch the griefer and ban them.
If you speak about area around (40,1,290), then that dirt_with_grass was just dug out by several legitimate players.
About other places - i think these areas was ether burnt or griefed during early "auth.txt disaster".
You can give me exact coordinates, if you want me to check in logs.

lag01

by lag01 » Post

gold_digger wrote: ...
As for cheats, what I have done is allowed NoClip, Fast, and Fly on client side. This is not controllable. however, some servers do some nice neat tricks. "Servival server No. 521" does the best to prevent flying and noclip, and its VERY annoying trying to cheat on there.
I was sure, that disable_anticheat = false is working at least against client "Fast" cheat.
Recently i added "little annoying trick" to confront "Noclip" mining, but i don't know if it is effective.

lag01

Re: Griefing/Spawn Decorating/There is a new gold_digger in

by lag01 » Post

843jdc wrote: ...
Giving someone the ability to revoke a griefing player's interact and/or shout privs would be a great thing. That would stop a lot of griefing and chat spamming. I understand BlueFireUn wants to do the job. Sounds like a good idea to me.
I added mod, to vote player, who then can mute, jail or kick griefers: sheriff_voting
I don't know how to correctly handle interact privs from mod, but may-be that possible too, will look at that later.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Cheaters (fly, fast, noclip) should be autokicked/banned with anticheat set to on, I hope you understand that.
Spawn should be cleared out of ruined buildings and reworked. In this state it is a big mess.

lag01

by lag01 » Post

Today i tested and fly prevention worked fine against me. I hope, measures against noclip mining is working too.
Against broken buildings i am afraid i can't do much.
Fixerol wrote:Cheaters (fly, fast, noclip) should be autokicked/banned with anticheat set to on, I hope you understand that.
Spawn should be cleared out of ruined buildings and reworked. In this state it is a big mess.

rnd
GitHub: ac-minetest
IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

by rnd » Post

1.sheriff: seems ppl who become sheriff like to abuse powers a lot (mute players randomly, sent to jail for fun ...). And they promote other for deputies who abuse powers, its not really working well. And there is no way to fight back at corrupt sheriff.

Why not just have simple voting for kick player, mute player temporarily etc.. where at least 1/2 of ppl on server need to vote and more yes votes than no votes to succeed.. no need for fancy blocks just /vote player vote_type reason and then /y /n for voting. made such mod myself if you want to look at it.

Putting all the power in one person hand seems bad idea in practice.

2. i just tested noclip using original client with cheat trainer to move around ( changing y coordinate ) to get quickly to -1000 and get stuff quickly.. server didnt really complain about it. Its really simple to check every now and then if player is completely inside wall ( feet and head inside walls ) and that works well against noclip.

3. simple script to clear spawn in radius 20 blocks every day of locked chests/doors/shops and other undiggable blocks would be nice
1EvCmxbzl5KDu6XAunE1K853Lq6VVOsT