Mine Little Testy Server BETA (mlp themed)

fyregryph
In-game: fyregryph_

Mine Little Testy Server BETA (mlp themed)

by fyregryph » Post

EDIT 1/27/15
I have decided to stop hosting this server, however I don't want all the work I put into it, and the work the players put into it to go to waste. Because of that I have uploaded the whole server setup so that anyone can reboot the server if they please. It's bundles with the 64bit windows build of minetest, just run serverloop.bat to start the server after you have the port forwarding setup.

https://mega.co.nz/#!91gEWJpS!qxg9Nf5uT31EBPg4TH_94z6XWEEov70EUXiy0YKnvTo

I have setup a new server to test my new subgame/mod that turns the players into ponies! It's still WIP, but it's playable. As far as everything else goes some notable mods in the server are: cave realms, skylands, custom textures, travelpoints, areas, unified inventory and glow biomes.

The rules are basically common sense, which many seem to lack, but they are listed at spawn. Directions on using the skin mod are also listed at spawn, it's fairly simplistic at the moment, but I plan on making it much more comprehensive!

I am actually quite surprised at the positive reaction I have received so far to the server, I hope it will have a decent reception here as well!
Last edited by fyregryph on Wed Jan 28, 2015 01:57, edited 5 times in total.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: Mine Little Testy Server BETA (mlp themed)

by Krock » Post

Please disable the anti_cheat feature - it causes lags and teleports players even if they don't cheat.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

fyregryph

by fyregryph » Post

Krock wrote:Please disable the anti_cheat feature - it causes lags and teleports players even if they don't cheat.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I have updated the server settings.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Hi :D

fyregryph

by fyregryph » Post

Dragonop wrote:Hi :D
(1 week later) Hi!

fyregryph

by fyregryph » Post

---removed---
Last edited by fyregryph on Tue Jan 27, 2015 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Joy
GitHub: johnnyjoy
In-game: jjb

by Johnny Joy » Post

Will the server be back up any time soon?

fyregryph

by fyregryph » Post

Johnny Joy wrote:Will the server be back up any time soon?
Yes it will, it actually is online, just not in the public server list due to some technical issues. You can manually connect using the same IP as the main post, but you have to use port 30004, at least for now.

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

fyregryph I just saw your update above.

I actually just built a linux machine a few days ago for the sole purpose of hosting minetest servers. I'm going to take a crack at hosting it, provided I can bootstrap it on linux. It will be my first time hosting a public MT server, I'm a web app sysadmin by day :)

I'll make an announcement if/when it's officially available.

What was the biggest technical problems you had with it?

Jason

fyregryph

by fyregryph » Post

mystik wrote:fyregryph I just saw your update above.

I actually just built a linux machine a few days ago for the sole purpose of hosting minetest servers. I'm going to take a crack at hosting it, provided I can bootstrap it on linux. It will be my first time hosting a public MT server, I'm a web app sysadmin by day :)

I'll make an announcement if/when it's officially available.

What was the biggest technical problems you had with it?

Jason
Nothing much anymore, especially if you are using Linux than it should be all good. I took care of weeding out slow mods, and fixing my own so they don't crash. I'm glad to see that it's getting interest so quickly!

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

After a week or two of testing, I'm pleased to announce the re-release of the Mine Little Testy Server!

For now, I'm going to keep it off the public server list, but the new address is mt01.jjayr.com, port 30004.

Users are *strongly* advised to change their passwords if they had an account on this system prior to 27 Jan 2015. All existing accounts are in tact, as are existing protections. There are over 3000 accounts on this server when fyregryph handed it off!

A few tweaks have been made to the world since:
  • throwing mod has been updated, and includes some new arrows (fire, dig, teleport, build) Bows have been udpated and will now decay, requiring re-crafting. Also, you can use a dartboard as target practice -- successfully hitting the dartboard will play a bell sound.
  • There is an IRC gateway I'm using to monitor the server (for now) This may be opened up later, but you may see me messaging folks from mystik@IRC
  • I've added the moneymod, but removed the money aspect of it. (IE, only bartershops remain) This gives the admins a few extra shop types to setup
See This post for news and discussion about the re-hosted server.

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

There it was! I've been looking for a thread about this mod and server, and found this with google. I discovered and joined the server a few months ago, and noticed that it's no longer available since a while. I tried connecting via the IP address you mentioned and it works! Thanks for all the work you put into this, it looks nice so far :)

I should however state that the download link in the first post no longer works, and says the file was deleted. Would it be possible to re-upload it please? An even better suggestion would be to host the mod on Github, if you wish.

All in all, I'm most interested in the player model. I want to aid in the quest of creating a MLP mod or game for Minetest, or at least having ponies as mobs or player models for starters. I'm considering making my own, but it would obviously help if there's already one available. I assume it's compatible with Mine Little Pony skins (the Minecraft mod)? Is a blend source available otherwise, and is it freely licensed?