[0.4.14dev] Cryt-Survival

Cryterion
GitHub: Cryterion
IRC: Cryterion
In-game: Cryterion

Re: Cryterion's Server [0.4.12dev]

by Cryterion » Post

There's no like button like on facebook in this forum. Think we need one ;)
No trees or animals were hurt in the production of this message. However, a large number of Electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Marshall_maz
In-game: Mazal

Re: [0.4.12dev] Cryt-Survival

by Marshall_maz » Post

Cryterion , can you please help me with a problem a ran into.

I am unable to protect an area bigger than 32x100x32. I recall something that it is supposed to be 64x100x64.
But when I go bigger than 32x it gives the error that area is too big.
As a results I had to use up all 4 my maximum protected areas just for my main base.
Now I can't protect a new building that I want to start with.

Can you advise/help me please.

Thanx
- Mazal

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Hi guys , I am looking for donations of marble that you don't want. ( the normal light brown one that you mine )
I need it for the office skyrise I am building.

At the spawn travelnet exchange there is a travel box to my home and there is my mailbox that you can drop it in The mailbox is infront of my home next to the brown and green mats to the right of my travelbox.
Thank you

- Mazal

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Perhaps you can place a chest near spawn with a prominent sign for better visibility. You can place a self-contained injector with a tube feeding into your locked chest, if you don't want to use an unlocked chest.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:Perhaps you can place a chest near spawn with a prominent sign for better visibility. You can place a self-contained injector with a tube feeding into your locked chest, if you don't want to use an unlocked chest.
I have placed a mailbox now with sign next to the notice board at spawn. Thanx for the idea

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

I've been considering changing the name of this server, to suit more with it's locality.
how you guys feel about ZA-Survival?
No trees or animals were hurt in the production of this message. However, a large number of Electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Cryterion wrote:I've been considering changing the name of this server, to suit more with it's locality.
how you guys feel about ZA-Survival?
Hmm , good idea. As long as players don't think it's just for ZA players and realise that any players are
welcome.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Cryterion , the wooden canonball recipe clashes with homedecor's round wooden table recipe.
Could you please change the recipe of the wooden canonball so that I can craft that round wooden tables.

Thanx

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

Fixed

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Cryterion wrote:Fixed
Thank you

On another note , to all players , the office building construction is complete.
Currently the whole building is protected. If you want to claim one of the floors to build stuff in or place shops etc. please contact me to grant you access to a floor. At time of writing 4 floors are available:
Floor 2 , 3 , 4 and 5.
Floor 3 has a balcony , 2, 4 and 5 doesn't.

You can find the office building via my travelnetbox at spawn , or just go south down the main road for about 200 meters. On your left , can't miss it.

- Mazal

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Is it possible to have an area where players can't dig out anything like when it's protected , but anyone still able to use technic equipment inside the area ?

I saw that inside a protected area the equipment can't be used by other players so was wondering how would I achieve an area with public technic equipment anyone can use , but still have it protected against griefing and theft of the equipment.

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

I've seen that change in technic, which prevents players from stealing things from the equipment. Will prob have to look into areas mod to add a option in to allow/disallow it.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Cryterion wrote:I've seen that change in technic, which prevents players from stealing things from the equipment. Will prob have to look into areas mod to add a option in to allow/disallow it.
I read the areas readme on github , but couldn't see a way to do it.

My idea is to build a LV network with equipment on one of my floors in office building.
Then new players could use that so that they could immediately start to craft MV for themselves and skip the whole
fuel and lv stage. They could use that equipment to do the alloying etc. that is necessary and craft mv equipment for themselves to take home. Well that's the idea I am playing with.

I could make it in an unprotected area , but then the equipment might be stolen and griefed.

Not sure how to approach this idea.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Marshall_maz wrote:I could make it in an unprotected area , but then the equipment might be stolen and griefed.
Yeah, pretty much. Public equipment was griefed once on VanessaE's server, but that sort of thing is easily spotted in logs.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

ThatGraemeGuy wrote:
Marshall_maz wrote:I could make it in an unprotected area , but then the equipment might be stolen and griefed.
Yeah, pretty much. Public equipment was griefed once on VanessaE's server, but that sort of thing is easily spotted in logs.
So would you guys say the only way is to take a chance and do it in non-protected area ?

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

As far as I know, there isn't any other way. There isn't currently any way to allow opening access to the input/output slots of a machine while still preventing the machine itself being dug.

Perhaps ask on freenode #minetest, I won't claim to be completely up to date with the latest developments around protection so there may well be a way.

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

Marshall_maz wrote:
ThatGraemeGuy wrote:
So would you guys say the only way is to take a chance and do it in non-protected area ?
Or maybe to add the players that do want to use it as a additional owner/user of the area. That way you'll shorten the list to a known few busy in that stage.

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Cryterion wrote: Or maybe to add the players that do want to use it as a additional owner/user of the area. That way you'll shorten the list to a known few busy in that stage.
Hmm that might work.......only slight disadvantage will be that a player won't be able to use until he/she could contact me to request access to the area. But I am easy to contact on several different ways.

Which brings me to two more questions.

1. What do you guys think of the idee. Yay or nay ? Woth it or not worth it ?
2. If yes , where to build it ? Right next to spawn ? Somewhere else rather as spawn should be kept open ?

Quejan
In-game: Quejan

by Quejan » Post

Hi

Like to join First time playing on public server.

Can i get interact pls. Username: Quejan

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

Interact Granted!

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Mod addition request:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3205

EdShouldBeInBed
In-game: EdShdBInBed

by EdShouldBeInBed » Post

May EdShdBInBed join the fun?
I'm a writer who tinkers with code on occasion. I play minetest when insomnia makes the writing hard.

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

Can I have interact please? (In-game name: nore)

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

Marshall_maz wrote:Mod addition request:

Mazal, haven't had the chance to add yet, will prob get to it on Tuesday

Marshall_maz

by Marshall_maz » Post

Cryterion wrote:
Marshall_maz wrote:Mod addition request:

Mazal, haven't had the chance to add yet, will prob get to it on Tuesday
Is ok thanx , you mentioned the other night that it is already included in dreambuilder.
And it doesn't work anyway.