[Server] FozLand

Foz

[Server] FozLand

by Foz » Post

I'm in the planning stages of making a server similar to the Liberty Land Server which is scheduled to go offline July 31st, 2015.

Currently I'm gathering code and trying to get an idea of the complexity of recreating that server's environment. Ideally everything would be updated to use the latest server code. At the moment I see two distinct possibilities.

1. Try to recreate the server exactly as it is.
2. Use a new map, but import buildings from the old map one chunk at a time with world-edit schematics.

Each approach has advantages and I might not be able to do either. This is a work in progress.

If you are interested in helping, please identify yourself and say what you can offer the project.

To all my friends at Liberty Land Server, I hope to see you all again soon.

Update: 2015-07-26

In full development and aiming for option 1 but with as many upstream enhancements as possible.

Browse the project code: https://github.com/FozLand
(note: for most of repos, I'm using the fozland branch. Be warned that I will rebase this branch whenever I feel like it.)

Update: 2015-08-11

Option 2 prevails. I'm keeping the map I've been using in LLM II (testing). At some point I will be willing to import individual buildings from other servers into this map upon request. However, at the moment there are several serious bugs that require my attention. Some of these bugs cause server crashes, but it should restart automatically within a few seconds. If it crashes while you're playing, try to log in again :)

Update: 2016-12-30

We need at least one update this year right? We got new hardware a few months ago and were able to bump up our active player limit. The server is also much more stable than it was a year ago. So far no one has requested importing a building and now the map is well established, so that option is being removed. All the code is being maintained on https://github.com/FozLand if anyone want to take a look. Also we now have an IRC channel #Fozland to discuss future development.
Last edited by Foz on Fri Dec 30, 2016 22:10, edited 4 times in total.

Maker Minetest
IRC: Minecart
In-game: YTMinecartYT

Re: FozLand Server

by Maker Minetest » Post

When i join may i have interact?
Also give the ip & address.

Maker MT
I am Minecart
  • DUNDUDNDUDNDUDN MINECART

Foz

by Foz » Post

interact will be enabled by default

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Nice, I'm looking forward, give it a good name so we can find it on the list easily.

Jasper1984
GitHub: o-jasper

by Jasper1984 » Post

Awesome. I assume you found the github?

Perhaps just try load up the mods indicated in the ayntest_game there, use a subset of the maps(like the ones saved walking around) to see if anything breaks then? Might be easier than loading the entire thing.

Foz

by Foz » Post

Less than two weeks left, I thought I would provide a status update.

What is done:
  • hardware setup
  • vm server setup
  • bandwidth upgraded
  • minetestserver running (its been live for a few weeks now, maybe you've seen it :)
  • mods configured
    • 3d_armor
    • bakedclay
    • bamboo
    • bitchange
    • mesecons
    • moreblocks
    • moreores
    • shooter
    • travelnet
    • u-skins
    • unifieddyes
    • unified_inventory
What still needs to be done (ie the plan) for a smooth transition:
  • install/configure remaining mods (this involves combining the ayntest code with upstream repos)
  • test and debug (if you're reading this maybe you'd like to help test?)
  • swap out the db and player data when it becomes available
  • mine happily ever after :)

milkymaidy
In-game: Dave

by milkymaidy » Post

Could you add my mod big pine tree?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12802

Thanks!

Foz

by Foz » Post

Absolutely yes, I plan on building a website with the server map. However, I have to get the server running properly first, so it might be a while before a companion website is up and running.

Thanks for pointing out the tree issue, I'm guessing this is because I'm still missing several mods (maybe item_drop). I'm not sure the cause but this is exactly the type of difference I'm trying to find and fix so thanks for pointing it out.

I know bushes spawned on map gen, I'm not sure if they are still spawning, I'll look into it, but its low priority atm.

I'm planning to switch to the same map gen as Liberty Land Minetest (LLM), and actually use that map, once it becomes available.

I'm installing a few more mods each day. I'm not sure if I'll get all of them installed by the 31st, but I'm trying. Hopefully the down time between LLM going down and my server going up will be small.

Also, I appreciate any information about different behaviors between my server and LLM.

Foz

by Foz » Post

I think i can do this. 23 mods left to add. I think I've done most of the hard ones and I'm getting faster as I get more familiar with git, lua, and the api.

Feel free to test it out and let me know your thoughts/concerns.

The server is named 'LLM II (testing)', and its usually near the bottom of the server list.

Foz

by Foz » Post

I'm awaiting the release of the ayntest data. Even once it becomes available it could take some time to copy it and get things running. Maybe a week. In the mean time, I will be keeping the test server running.

george
GitHub: lathan
In-game: george invictus

by george » Post

Hey all,

Just finished work today. Will start bringing Liberty Land down in a couple of hours.

Remusqs1
GitHub: Remusqs1
In-game: Remusqs1

by Remusqs1 » Post

I was walking for a while, and I did no see jungles or jungle trees, are you sure that you enabled the jungles?

lightonflux
In-game: lof

by lightonflux » Post

Hi, how did you get the map? (There is no link yet in the LibertyLands thread). :(

Foz

by Foz » Post

Remusqs1 wrote:I was walking for a while, and I did no see jungles or jungle trees, are you sure that you enabled the jungles?
Jungles are enabled, but they weren't enabled when the map was first generated. I'll look for one just to be sure. (Edit: oops! didn't know I had to update minetest.conf AND map_meta.txt. Jungles are enabled now! Thanks for noticing. You may have to walk to an unexplored area of the map to find one though.)
lightonflux wrote:Hi, how did you get the map? (There is no link yet in the LibertyLands thread). :(
I never got a copy of the map, but Evil has a copy and is running the original server configuration.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

oh wow, that is serious

mootpoint
GitHub: DemandingSloth
IRC: DemandingSloth
In-game: DemandingSloth

by mootpoint » Post

Ok I have taken some screenshots of our beloved server to post here, to see more come check it out :)

Aerial view of Spawn

Walmart and creeper coaster by Jessica89

The Damn Dam by hd1

The Campground by Noah9145

The Lighthouse by mootpoint & Tori23

The Sunset Lodge by mootpoint

The River Walk by Foz

The River Walk End by Foz

A Castle by hd1

Parks and Rec by crecca

Rocket and house by herny

Come build something and you may find your buildings here :)
"Think of the solution, not the problem." - Richard Rahl

I apologize for the long hiatus. Any issues with my mods should be resolved soon. If you have noticed any please shoot me a dm or submit a request to github.

Come check us out over at the Volcano Bay server

mootpoint

by mootpoint » Post

Update: you can now earn fly in the server by jumping out of an airplane! Also lots of new builds and other stuff added. Will post pictures this evening when I get home

I apologize for the long hiatus. Any issues with my mods should be resolved soon. If you have noticed any please shoot me a dm or submit a request to github.

mootpoint

by mootpoint » Post

New Screenshots:
Museum by Mok

Hospital by Jade_2211

Ice Castle By MommyKat

our Airport by Hd1 and others

I will try to get more daytime pictures when i can, cant promise it'll be soon though:)

Foz

by Foz » Post

Some sections of the map have been damaged. I'm in the process of restoring what I can from backups. Recent modifications in the damaged areas may not be able to be recovered. As a precaution, the server will be off-line until I have had more time to investigate this problem.

Foz

by Foz » Post

Due to a technical error, a section of the map was deleted. The effected section was from x: -355 to 715, y: 1 to 36, z: 142 to 348. I have recovered this area from backups. However, recent changes may not have been saved in the backups. This means that recent builds in this area may have been lost. If you are effected by this, please let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

Also, the server should be back up shortly.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [Server] FozLand

by Chem871 » Post

A good server.
What is SCP-055?

Foz

by Foz » Post

The server is offline due to a power outage. I'll turn it back on as soon as power is restored.

UPDATE: Power is restored and we're back online :)

sakamoto
In-game: sakamoto

by sakamoto » Post

Hey Foz!
I have no idea where to reach you, so I'm trying here...
Is the server currently down? (like in the last 24 hours)
I can't log in (timing out), but I can still get the map through :80.
Hope you get this message somehow.

Thanks.

roseann
IRC: rose
In-game: roseann

by roseann » Post

Hi,it has been like 6-8 months since the last time i played fozland.I would love to see my friends again so can you turn on fozland or at least tell me what is wrong with fozland?
(btw i am roseann if a player is reading this message so say hi!)
Hey,Its rose (roseann)if you play fozland and i know you and/or friends with you feel free to contact me!im always playing ugx wait for fozland to re-open and on ugx im trying to find my #1 bestie isme/jermaine/Rich_pro.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

roseann wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 16:49
Hi,it has been like 6-8 months since the last time i played fozland.I would love to see my friends again so can you turn on fozland or at least tell me what is wrong with fozland?
(btw i am roseann if a player is reading this message so say hi!)
so fozland was the server with the flight exam thing bm5 here
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55