VoidPixel Server - Replacement for Landrush Players {0.4.13}

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: VoidPixel Server - Replacement for Landrush Players {0.4

by Desour » Post

it needs more people, to wote, i write this, that its marked again, so if anyone see this, pls vote me :D
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

DS-minetest wrote: it needs more people, to wote, i write this, that its marked again, so if anyone see this, pls vote me :D
It seems to be a very nice server from what I saw. Very enjoyable, lovely built roads and houses. But I havn't found all the contributions to the contest yet. Perhaps a travelnet could be put up at spawn so that it's easier for visitors to actually locate all the houses and not miss contributions?
A list of my mods can be found here.

TheMiner
In-game: Thron

by TheMiner » Post

Hi just quick question, did the rules not say no staff may enter (admin,mod's), or do i have the Cube on backside here. See later on server, work is eating me up ;)

Naj, were your great buildings mate??

The Miner

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

@Sokomine:
look at the screenshots with debug information and walk

@TheMiner:
melzua was not admin, when he built this
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

TheMiner
In-game: Thron

by TheMiner » Post

DS, type News/Rules and you will see this:

Staff

Cloud - Owner
Mongo - Admin
caveminer - TrialMod <<<<
melzua - TrialMod <<<<

Both in the votes?

Nice server indeed.. i love to play here .

Cheerz
TheMiner

Clouds
In-game: Cloud

by Clouds » Post

They was not Mods when the contest was taking place they had no special privs that gave them a edge over others.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

DS-minetest wrote: @Sokomine:
The coordinates are very hard to spot and the screenshots take a long time to load. It would be a lot more convenient to be able to read the coordinates here - or to take a travelnet and take a look. Can't you do that on the server? I'm sure it would be worth it! I wrote the travelnet mod for sightseeing. Buildings for a building contest ought to get a station.

PlasmaHam
In-game: PlasmaHam

by PlasmaHam » Post

Sokomine has a point, however, it is likely too late for that, as the contest is over. That is a good idea for the next building contest though. which may not be too far away.
Live long and Prosper

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

PlasmaHam wrote:Sokomine has a point, however, it is likely too late for that, as the contest is over. That is a good idea for the next building contest though. which may not be too far away.
Indeed, Sokomine is correct but there is no reason to debate because the contest is over. The next contest has already been decided and the start date is set for Nov. 1 and will run to Nov. 30. This one will be themed but that can wait till the date gets closer.

Desour

by Desour » Post

Sokomine wrote:
DS-minetest wrote: @Sokomine:
The coordinates are very hard to spot and the screenshots take a long time to load. It would be a lot more convenient to be able to read the coordinates here - or to take a travelnet and take a look. Can't you do that on the server? I'm sure it would be worth it! I wrote the travelnet mod for sightseeing. Buildings for a building contest ought to get a station.
x:-22 z:-600

PlasmaHam

by PlasmaHam » Post

Indeed, I have high hopes for the next contest.
BTW, I may not be as active as I have been. My old server, EthicRush, is returning online and I plan to help rebuild for the first few weeks. I should be able to split my time between the two servers.

BTW, crazyR is looking for someone to build a new spawn in EthicRush, and I know some people here have the skill to win the job.
Live long and Prosper

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Thats fine PlasmaHam. I hope Ethicrush gets going again it was a well built server.

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

Clouds wrote:[...]I hope Ethicrush gets going again it was a well built server.
Me too, as i've spent hours build technic machines there...
My biggest project on Ethic Rush was a concrete machine that mined it, crafted it, sold it...
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

I just hope when it returns it doesn’t fall victim to the server list like VoidPixel has. Even if we have players on we are always at the bottom of the list. Which is hurting the server quite a lot.

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

Clouds wrote:I just hope when it returns it doesn’t fall victim to the server list like VoidPixel has. Even if we have players on we are always at the bottom of the list. Which is hurting the server quite a lot.
I don't know how the server list is sorted, but sometimes there are servers down at the bottom with 1 or more players, while some near the top have none?
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

PlasmaHam

by PlasmaHam » Post

Clouds wrote:I just hope when it returns it doesn’t fall victim to the server list like VoidPixel has. Even if we have players on we are always at the bottom of the list. Which is hurting the server quite a lot.
Indeed, I have never quite understood how the server list works. Some servers are always at top, some always at the bottom, and some vary according to server's players. Someone really should start a forum page about this, as this is a considerable problem to some servers while an undeserved blessing to others.
Live long and Prosper

Jay

by Jay » Post

PlasmaHam wrote:
Indeed, I have never quite understood how the server list works. Some servers are always at top, some always at the bottom, and some vary according to server's players. Someone really should start a forum page about this, as this is a considerable problem to some servers while an undeserved blessing to others.
https://github.com/minetest/master-serv ... /server.py

I believe searching for "def server_points" on that page will provide some understanding. It takes into account the current and average number of clients, whether the clients are guests, the age of the server, the uptime of the server, the ping time, and whether the server reports an unrealistic maximum number of clients.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

PlasmaHam wrote:
I have before and got shutdown by people saying its 100% fair and there is nothing wrong with it.

PlasmaHam

by PlasmaHam » Post

Happy Halloween Week! Image
Live long and Prosper

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Very nice Pumpkin :)

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Building Contest

The second building contest has started for VoidPixel today. The rules are the same this time except that this time teams are allowed to build together. Rewards will not be released yet but there is a slight difference for the winner or winning group, the winners build will be set as spawn for the month of December so everyone who joins may see there work.

Regulations
- Admins are exempt from the building contest. Anyone who is granted admin is exempt from the contest even if their
builds was complete before hand.
- The build must be complete before November 30, 2015. Anything after such time will be disregarded.
- This contest is Christmas themed. Any build that doesn’t fit the Christmas spirit will be exempt.

Rewards
???

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Clouds wrote: Regulations
- Admins are exempt from the building contest. Anyone who is granted admin is exempt from the contest even if their
Hm, that's a pity. You ought to allow your admins to build as well. Having access to free materials and/or WorldEdit sure changes what can be done (and how much effort it is), but the end result depends much more on how all these items are arranged in order to create an artful structure. As long as it's obvious to all who judge the results as to which ressources where available to whom, all ought to be able to participate. Excluding your admins would be a waste of ressources :-) Just offer two categories where people can participate: Normal player and admins.

Clouds

by Clouds » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Hm, that's a pity. You ought to allow your admins to build as well. Having access to free materials and/or WorldEdit sure changes what can be done (and how much effort it is), but the end result depends much more on how all these items are arranged in order to create an artful structure. As long as it's obvious to all who judge the results as to which ressources where available to whom, all ought to be able to participate. Excluding your admins would be a waste of ressources :-) Just offer two categories where people can participate: Normal player and admins.
Mhmmmm interesting thought.

PlasmaHam

by PlasmaHam » Post

It does not seem logical to exclude the admins, some of the best builders, from a competition. While they do have easier access to materials, the whole point of a building competition is putting those materials using your imagination and making something great. Of course admin may have reduced points due to their advantages or a completely separate competition for them.

By the way? Is anyone else doing the Christmas Contest? I would like to know.
Live long and Prosper

Desour

by Desour » Post

Sokomine wrote:
the problem is, there arent enought admins. melzua would be the only one of the admins to build