[Server][Game] Extreme Survival

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

[Server][Game] Extreme Survival

by maikerumine » Post

The server has been under extreme renovation, revocation, demolition, exploitation, and now: revision

DELETED Located here:
Browse (OLD) crappy code
https://github.com/maikerumine/url] [b] ... aikerumine

Starting from scratch, all code has been revised and simplified to better match the original intent of this EPIC game for Minetest.

I humbly introduce you to the Extreme Survival Minetest server.

Code: Select all

___________         __                                    _________                  .__              .__   
\_   _____/__  ____/  |________   ____   _____   ____    /   _____/__ ____________  _|__|__  _______  |  |  
 |    __)_\  \/  /\   __\_  __ \_/ __ \ /     \_/ __ \   \_____  \|  |  \_  __ \  \/ /  \  \/ /\__  \ |  |  
 |        \>    <  |  |  |  | \/\  ___/|  Y Y  \  ___/   /        \  |  /|  | \/\   /|  |\   /  / __ \|  |__
/_______  /__/\_ \ |__|  |__|    \___  >__|_|  /\___  > /_______  /____/ |__|    \_/ |__| \_/  (____  /____/
        \/      \/                   \/      \/     \/          \/                                  \/      

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10539<--Please read this thread to understand the original server "just test" in which this is a tribute server to.
Address:
esmine.net
Port:

Ports:
30000 = MT-0.4.9 ==> migrated to MT5.4.0 Extreme Survival Server (Development)
30003 = MT-0.4.11 ==> migrated to MT-5.4.0 Extreme Survival Original map from 2016 Server (September 20th Map save)

UPDATED: 20210103
Preamble:
I started this server to be a tough survival server, with tons of mobs, freezing water and barren landscape… this posed far too much difficulty for the cpu to calculate and was very laggy. So then I turned it into a tribute to the Just Test server, showcasing some of the older interesting builds and also create a base environment for some of my mobs to freely roam and fight each other, also for you to go explore. There are villages, mines, random chests, and pathways that weave throughout the DANGEROUS landscape. It should be challenging enough to create a base and protect it with all the mobs running about. I hope you can find amusement in this server as much as I do playing it.

Purpose:
Hardcore survival with instant gratification. You will immediately be hunted by mobs right from the start, so you must MOVE! Each mob shall drop a unique item as well as a weapon, you can survive if you learn to fight the mobs and find shelter. You will be on your toes and at times it will seem like excessive work, after all this is hardcore survival. If you team together it can make things easier. There are many methods of game play, there are villages on the map that you can make as your temporary bases while you hunt mobs and collect loot. You can PVP each other at your own discretion, if someone asks you to stop killing them, then please stop killing them and go fight mobs.

Important:
I changed the way TNT, FIRE, and LAVA work… The city_block(TBD) mod prevents placement of liquids as well as deactivates the node removal of tnt. Fire is off, so you shall not worry about your wool homes getting burned. Mobs still spawn on most nodes, you will never be safe!

Landscape and Builds:
The landscape is the exact seed [2473794698767688778] from the Just Test server, and V7 mapgen-all stone and special colored stone.

Infrastructure:
You will walk or use the teleport mod. See craft guide to create a teleport. These are Wuzzy's so you will be able to look towards your TP location. Fight stone monsters for mossy cobble to use for teleport fuel, or mine from dungeons or water soaked cobblestone.

=========================================================
Changes:
SEE SPOILER BELOW
Spoiler
20200108--
I decided to re-do this game from scratch and start on a very old (MT 0.4.9) version for that good old nostalgia feel. :)
Server is up at esmine.net port 30000
You must join on either:
minetest 5.x.x.

all development has migrated from MT 4 to 5.

Currently in DEV mode to tweak main mods and fix some bugs. This is a very slimmed down version and aims to be as intended. Stay tuned.

Mobs:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13616<--Please read info here. This mod changes to get better with time. Frankly, is going through a complete re-write.
Spoiler
WHAT ARE THESE?
Essentially these are a few various npc's, monsters, and animals that all play together in your created world to simulate a more rigorous environment for tough survival. The drops are plenty and varying, where you will most likely always get something good during a battle and reward increases in value the harder the mob. The baddies come out at night as expected, but also expect to see a few hanging around after sunrise.

Game:
extreme_survival –https://github.com/maikerumine(TBD)

Mods and how to use:
Spoiler
beds--sleep to reset spawnpoint (resets everyday at main restart.)
--CHANGED spawn command--type /spawn to go back to spawn. You now have a timer and must wait to use spawn again. RND added.
spawn_sanitizer--removes cobble, locked chests, locked doors, vending, and rebuilds cobble platform. (resets on restart of server.)
UPDATED teleports--these are used by standing on blue dot or using mossy cobble to choose specific destination. good to 250 nodes away. can be crafted only in world by placing 8 diamond blocks in a square then placing the last diamond block in center. You can remove the surrounding diamond blocks for other use. https://github.com/ac-minetest/directed_teleports
vendor--Set up a vending machine on top of locked chest with item to sell. Set up depositing machine same way, only add gold bars to chest.
ADDEDmobs-- Adds fighting fake players, monsters, and animals into world, each drop unique loot and some will help you fight monsters. Bad ones come out day and night. https://github.com/maikerumine/esmobs
mapfix-- type /fixmap to reset the lighting.
skins--more skin selections and preview image.
Protector--Protect your house! Simplified, no protected chests / doors / addition of players.

Minetest Game mods:
default*default 5.4.0 as most other default mods.
doors
stairs--VERY custom.
bucket
vessels
wool
farming
dye
tnt--Added radius 7.
give_initial_stuff
xpanes
bones--Tweaked so you can get bone on protected area, also not drop bone if inv empty, has name of player death and sometime mobs drop bones. (Mob bone drop are active and will go back into bones when time is right.)
bucket

Other Mods used during map creation:

es-- Maikerumine's Extreme Survival mod, has extra crafting recipes for NEW tools and NEW ores.
-NOTE: Far too extensive to list all features, please look into the craft guide for further information.
Craft dirt from 9 papyrus..https://github.com/maikerumine/es

Craft Desert Stone from one red dye and one stone.
Emeralds: Below -1000
Rubys: Below -3000
Aikerum: Below -4000
Infinium: Below -4300
Purpellium: Below -4300
These can craft into very strong tools and weapons. As of current the Infinuim ingots don't have a craft worked out yet. You can consider finding Infinium winning the game.
To craft these tools you will replace the stick with an es handle, craft in the craft guide.
To craft the es ingots, see in game craft guide.

--outdated

Rules:
No Illegal IRL activity.
No Building over other peoples land or roads without their permission.
No causing harm to server either by making it lag or other exploits.
PVP is allowed, but if someone request you to stop then stop.
No asking for free things. Please let me do my busy work and leave me alone! If it is urgent you can expect prompt response from me if online.

SERVER RESET TIME
Server resets daily for to keep the lag down at high uptime. The reset time is 0000 UTC

Backups are Dailyor depending on server usage.
Currently as of the 3trd of January, 2021 the server is backed up.

Server info:
Full game current size: 33 Mb
Game media size only: 18.3 Mb

Server Specs:
MSI laptop
64-bit Win 8.1 OS
32GB ram 1600Mhz SODIMM
i7-4810MQ CPU @2.8GHz

Server and basic OS memory is a few Gb during operation.
Minetest Servers use 180 Mb memory during operation.
CPU is average 3-12% during operation.

Network Specs:
ISP ping avg: 19ms
ISP ping jitter: 3ms

Server on join--
15Mb download avg
5Mb upload avg

Client on join (If visited the server and has cache)--
UNKNOWN
3.5Mb download avg
5.0Mb upload avg

Video Playlist(TBD)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Xlb0mnP9iA
MAPS:
Spoiler
20200120SPAWN AREA
OLD ESM map:
20160220 map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdu1ud2n1noqe ... p.png?dl=0

This server is for anybody who likes to fight creatures and try to survive the night in a difficult world.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you for the inspiration to kick the tires again on this project, SorceryKid.
:)

Old maps were not and will not be deleted.

port 30003 for 2016 september 20th OG ESM MAP!
Attachments
20200120-esmr-full-full.png
20200120-esmr-full-full.png (278.67 KiB) Viewed 5629 times
20160120spawnmn.png
20160120spawnmn.png (724.58 KiB) Viewed 5629 times
Last edited by maikerumine on Sun Jan 03, 2021 21:48, edited 88 times in total.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server

by Dragonop » Post

Seems interesting. Will try as soon as I can!
Maybe this will do as a replacement for rnd's lab server :D

lag01
GitHub: AndrejIT
IRC: lag01
In-game: lag

by lag01 » Post

Amazing work you did!
I am really glad, that "just test" is inspiring creation of better servers :)
If you need any help from me, just ask.

Betta
In-game: Betta

by Betta » Post

Looking forward to play on this server!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Whoo Hoo it looks like it is running okay, hop in!
SUNSET! SUNRISE!

The subgame has been heavily modified and soon to be locked when 0.5.0 is final, then all future dev will be in ESM5.
The server has been under extreme renovation, revocation, demolition, exploitation, and now: revision

Located here:
Browse (OLD) crappy code
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM4/url ... aikerumine

New code will be added starting from Minetest 0.4.9 in spring of 2020.

I humbly introduce you to the Extreme Survival Minetest server.

___________         __                                    _________                  .__              .__   
\_   _____/__  ____/  |________   ____   _____   ____    /   _____/__ ____________  _|__|__  _______  |  |  
 |    __)_\  \/  /\   __\_  __ \_/ __ \ /     \_/ __ \   \_____  \|  |  \_  __ \  \/ /  \  \/ /\__  \ |  |  
 |        \>    <  |  |  |  | \/\  ___/|  Y Y  \  ___/   /        \  |  /|  | \/\   /|  |\   /  / __ \|  |__
/_______  /__/\_ \ |__|  |__|    \___  >__|_|  /\___  > /_______  /____/ |__|    \_/ |__| \_/  (____  /____/
        \/      \/                   \/      \/     \/          \/                                  \/      

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10539<--Please read this thread to understand the original server "just test" in which this is a tribute server to.
Address:
esmine.net
Port:

Ports:
30000 = MT-0.4.9 Extreme Survival Server (Development)
30001 = OLD MAP Main Extreme Survival Server (City Survival) TBD

UPDATED: 20200108
Preamble:
I started this server to be a tough survival server, with tons of mobs, freezing water and barren landscape… this posed far too much difficulty for the cpu to calculate and was very laggy. So then I turned it into a tribute to the Just Test server, showcasing some of the older interesting builds and also create a base environment for some of my mobs to freely roam and fight each other, also for you to go explore. There are villages, mines, random chests, and pathways that weave throughout the DANGEROUS landscape. It should be challenging enough to create a base and protect it with all the mobs running about. I hope you can find amusement in this server as much as I do playing it.

Purpose:
Hardcore survival with instant gratification. You will immediately be hunted by mobs right from the start, so you must MOVE! Each mob shall drop a unique item as well as a weapon, you can survive if you learn to fight the mobs and find shelter. You will be on your toes and at times it will seem like excessive work, after all this is hardcore survival. If you team together it can make things easier. There are many methods of game play, there are villages on the map that you can make as your temporary bases while you hunt mobs and collect loot. You can PVP each other at your own discretion, if someone asks you to stop killing them, then please stop killing them and go fight mobs.

Important:
I changed the way TNT, FIRE, and LAVA work… The city_block mod prevents placement of liquids as well as deactivates the node removal of tnt. Fire is off, so you shall never worry about your wool homes getting burned. Mobs still spawn on most nodes, you will never be safe! Daily all player profiles are cleared and your placement goes back to spawn, store your items in locked chest to prevent loss. Items placed on spawn will disappear, please build off the cobble pad.

Landscape and Builds:
The landscape is the exact seed [2473794698767688778] from the Just Test server, and V7 mapgen-all stone.
Instead of using worldedit to add buildings, they are all being build block by block. :-) Some of the builds are from the likes of:Gold_digger, Disableclouds,RND, Asia14, 843JDC, Tring, Twoelk, Lamka, BlueFireUn, Shammmmmm, RedFireUnGirl, Barsik, Lag, Krestonosec, Babbk, AnotherBrick, MashedPotatoes ,and Amygos. You will not be able to mine the paths that generate with the landscape, you can build up to them though.
World edge mod limits your expanse to 4000 meters in any direction.

Infrastructure:
All well known roads of current JT server are mimicked in this server, with slight modifications. There should be no trouble getting a minecart and riding all over the map. Lag’s teleport mod is another important way to get around, you can either stand on the light blue dot to teleport randomly to any teleport nearby, or use mossy cobble to choose your destination. Paramat’s pathv6alt mod is constantly working it’s way around the map, this is a safe approach to travel currently as mobs do not spawn up there just YET. If you need access to one of the main roads send me a message and I can add a path to your place.
Changes:
SEE SPOILER BELOW
Spoiler
20150804-changed ip to esmine.net and am working on creating a Linux server. Be patient.

20150807-success at running server for more than 14 hours, fixed badplayer and dirtmons via api. fixing craft_guide tonight at reset.

20150811-added and removed beer test from mods, caused crash via inventory plus, will debug main cause and fix. I want to add something unique as far as farming goes, stay tuned. ADDED a new prison system, when you go to prison for killing, you cannot type /spawn to get out, you MUST find the escape ladders in the protected dome. HE HE. ;-) This should deter attackers from killing, as you end up stranded 1000 meters from spawn and most likely will die on escape. Changed the bones mod AGAIN, for some reason you are unable to retrieve if in a protected area from the areas mod. At least you get the inventory though. I will be adding drops to the oerkkii and stone monster, I forgot to update this, but will on restart tonight. Also added Chat_anticurse and kick_voting to help keep the place clean.

20150814-big updates: added non-breakable glass to prison, you will not be able to mine your way out, you must climb. This way it gives players a chance to learn from being mean. Also added oerkii spawners to surely make the prisoner have a run for their lives!
Tweaked badplayer mobs, changes the death on water to lessen server load, as they end up not timing out when you leave the area and are still stored in memory. Tweaked some drops.
Added more rules both at spawn hut and the Just test museum building, there is a lot to read in there if you are interested.
I removed some trees from spawn and capped the spawners off so it wouldn't be so tough.
I changed the AI players so the bad ones do not spawn in a protected area, via protection block.
TODO: FIX the fishing mod, I don't know why it is broken.

20150822-BIGGER updates: Changed how PVP works with Ten's protector mod, if you are in a protected area you cannot pvp, also spawn area is protected against pvp as well. ADDED shooter mod and tweaked a few things like punch timer and eliminated all other weapons except the rifle, tweaked the sound too. I believe currently I have set the rifle to only harm mobs, not people. This will give builders a better chance at surviving while building. Added armour, but only steel armour. Updated the pathsv6alt mod from Paramat today as well. Hopefully things work and not crash so much. Enjoy.

20150826-UPDATES: Fixed the villages so that all new villages spawned the buildings and plots can be purchased by right clicking the little plot marker that looks like a stone brick 1/4 slab. Note only one purchase per village.
ADDED more roadways like DC road and NGREGOR roadway, which lead to current villages.
ADDED the AWARDS mod by Rubenwardy for a little incentive as you play.
ADDED MERU, so off in the barrenlands you will find the 2000 meter mountain to climb or mine.
FIXED the wield item mod, there was a conflict with 3dweildview and armour, now this is fixed.
FIXED the armour mod, you now have a full set of STEEL armour. I chose this to keep it simple, when you die you keep your armour.
4 Protection can be made now with 1 Mese block. This is to encourage more building and expanding.

20150904--Changed ISP new ip is: esmine.ne I hope this works to help with crashes and lag.

20150909--ADDED Quartz, Mese Crystals, and cottages. Changed the conf file AGAIN to help with less lag. Fixed minor bugs and added shared chests.

20150918--Added a new ore: emerald, you can craft a very strong sword or a block now. Consolidated a few of my custom recipes into the "es" mod, you can now craft dirt from 9 papyrus, and craft mese crystal with 9 mese shards.

20150921--Server cleanse with clearing objects. Turned OFF village protection to to village list corruption due to my hacking about. Sorry.

20150922--Added Emeralds, Rubys, Aikerum, and Infinium ores as well as added bags due to special request!
Emeralds: Below -1000
Rubys: Below -3000
Aikerum: Below -4000
Infinium: Below -4300
These can craft into very strong tools and weapons. As of current the Infinuim ingots don't have a craft worked out yet. You can consider finding Infinium winning the game.

-- Major update:
Changed ore generation, now the goodies are at: -1000, -3000, -4000, -4300 with a world limit of -6000 meters to save in map file size. (REQUESTING ALL PEOPLE WITH ELEVATORS BELOW -6000 TO PLEASE MOVE BY THIS FRIDAY.)
Added chat2 again.
fixed some grief at spawn and gave a facelift.
Infinium can make very strong armour, it takes damage when you fall, starve, or drown.
RND updated basic_machines- new machines!
Changed mob activity and spawning- toned them down a bit.
Added cblocks by tenplus1, this adds colour to your existing stonebrick and wood.

20151009--Changed some things:
Tweaked armour and tools to be a bit tougher.
Changed spawn command, now you must wait till timer is finished before you can use it--this makes things more strategic, use wisely.
removed voting box.
Added Technics --heavily tweaked as a stand alone mod without dependencies of pipeworks and mesecons.---in this mod I removed the griefing tools, err I mean mining tools until they work with protection. There were broken machines that had to be fixed manually, I didn't make notes. oops.
Updated basic_machines, a few times as rnd tweaks it.
removed afk kick, I believe it slowed the server down.
Added world edge mod, now world limit is 2200 in x and z directions. mainly to keep map size down.
Changed the behaviour of mobs, they are more aggressive the deeper you go, so be careful!

ADDED-- some buildings from the Just Test server using world edit.

That concludes recent changes for 20151009.

20151101--Many changes:
*changed I.P. due to internet provider to esmine.net
*re-wrote the es mod (ore generation and crafting) to allow for more ores and even ores in desert stone.
*changed mapgen to there are three rough biomes, none of which have dirt. There is a snow, desert, and stone biome.
*Integrated es armour into the es mod, soft dependency to 3d-armor.
*Integrated es stairs and es nodes to work with moreblocks if mod is installed.
*Added a "Bone Block" you can use for decoration as well as cut like all the other moreblock nodes with circular saw.
*Added some recipies to craft dirt stairs.
*changed the mobs entirely, removed badplayer mod and added "esmobs"https://github.com/maikerumine/esmobs -- re wrote the badplayer mod so it would have soft depends on es, so you could use as a stand alone mobs mod--kept the sheep, sand monster, spider, tree monster, and stone monster.
*Tweaked technic again and fixed the LV furnace, now you can see and craft.
*Changed the textures back to default
*Created my own textures for es some based off of default.
*Added cme- Blockman's creatures mobs.
*Added a special gold-block vending machine to vendor, now you can buy and sell high priced items.
*Daily mapshrink to radius of 1200 meters and 450 meters depth to re create mapgen and new ore placement. -[sorry if you were griefed]
*Removed some of the tsm mines and treasurer stuff and kept only one, tsm mines.
*Added sale of Infinium armour in the main shop, as well as emerald armor. --restock vending once a week when it fills with bones.
*Protector has be re-coded by rnd, now it will cost you if you want to protect near many other protectors. Read this here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13535
*Lastly, created a new server named: ESM CHAOS, this is a "lite" version of extreme survival and a world limit of 500meters in all directions and has my iceage mod for frozen water and new mobs.
(I will write about this at a later date)

20151106--UPDATED MESE CRYSTALS--You can now plant in your protected area. --RND fix.

20151112--UPDATED protector with rnd's code, fixed some mobs, merged a few mobs into main mob mod. Released the extreme survival game:
https://github.com/maikerumine/extreme_survival

20151117--Many changes to mobs and bones.
Mobs now place bones like player, you will need to wait in order to get the loot.
Mobs -friendly can team up with you now!! Right click to have them tame and follow you. This will be updated tonight at 1900 EST.
Bones have date / time stamps, you can see when bones were slain, and when they expire.
Sokomines MG_villages were updated, you can see the new stuff on the beta teat server, traders and new buildings. Very cool.
AND NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS: ESM CHAOS server map is corrupt. :-(

2015-11-19 17:16:42: ERROR[Server]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: SQLite3 database error (/home/stefan/mt-build/build/minetest/minetest/src/database-sqlite3.cpp:182): database disk image is malformed
2015-11-19 17:16:52: ERROR[Main]: Some exception: "SQLite3: Failed to finalize m_stmt_write: database disk image is malformed"
I have been trying to fix things so be patient.

20151124--UPDATED BONES/MOBS. Now mobs drop bones, new mobs, bones leave time and killer info.
ADDED: myArcade,throwing, ambient sounds, better farming, lavender, more biomes, more trees, charcoal, updated Sokomines mg_villages again.
Increased the world edge to 5000 and you can get there with the secret travelnet in ADMIN shop. Use spawn to get back.

20121209MAJOR OVERHAUL
I have decided to remove the Technic mod from the game, it is an awesome mod, but it laggs out the server to th e point where most tablet users cannot even join. Even on PC the game is very laggy around the main city. Removing this means all your hard work is lost, however I have made alias to over write all the 300 something Technic nodes into expensive nodes like Infinium and gold. I will also be posting the map to a file sharing site if you ever wanted to keep playing and experimenting with your builds, so all is not lost.
https://github.com/maikerumine/tecnodrem See this mod for details on what was swapped.

*HUD--Has been upgraded to HUD bars, it does overlap a bit on a tablet, but overall looks much better in my opinion.

*3D Armor has been updated, added the other crafts like cactus and bronze.

*Added Seawrecks-- These are a treasure trove so be sure3 to look out for them in world.

*Changed Elevators, now anyone can access them, easy mining for everybody.

*Updated MG_Villages, different buildings and integrated farming into the treasure so there is quite a bit to get from exploring.

*Crafting guide- I removed all the pages that moreblocks shows, now there are only 22 pages of crafts, this should help everyone. A much overdue change.

*Did some tidying with es, the ores and special crafts, now you can use depleted uranium ingot as fuel.

*Tweaked the gun sound in shooter, it isn't so loud anymore.

*Removed the ambient sound mod, too repetitive and not really needed IMHO.

20160120--
MORE server performance tweaks!
Deleted unused images and sounds
Merged Images to lessen the server load.
Consolidated some mods to keep simple.
Added a VERY simplified version of homedecor, trimmed all the unused code, images out to make it run better.
Re-tuned the mobs, they will spawn less frequently and burn up quicker in sunlight if they are the bad ones.
Changed some things in the conf file to make lag MUCH MUCH less.

20160122-
CONSOLIDATION of most textures that are redundant.
Deleted more sounds from mods.
Deleted: moreblocks, lavender, farorb, jdjukebox. Made alias for those missing nodes and armour.

Added Aikerum Armour, it is nice :D
All in all chopped about 5 megs from the esm game.

TEXTURES are a WIP, please be patient until I figure out the right colour and style. I have been using colourize as a substitute texture generator for the time being.
ALSO: Modified the shutdown script, it does this 4 times daily at 0,6,12,18 hundred hours and has a one minute warning message.

Tomorrow I will squish mobs and hope for more performance gains.

Minetest is the lego for all.

20160129-- More performance tweaks with the minetest.conf file as well as using my media server to host media. There does seem to be much improvement with overall server lag. Added a new ore to the list: Purpellium. Yeah, I know, very unoriginal but hey, it looks pretty. :-) to grind the lumps into dust use the cottages wheat grinder. I have another test server running with a mini version of esm, it seems to be quite popular and fast, I still don't know why or how, but it works well with up to 30 players.
I temporary gave up on the colerize bit for textures, it was way too much trouble than it was worth, as LOTS of mods needed to be changed. Tool textures are going to be redone, this is in the works, using one handle for all tools. Added mud and toxic water to mapgen, good luck with that!

20160206-- LOTZA updates...
Added purpellium pick and sword. These are LONG lasting but as strong as emerald.
Added MOAR fall damage! Now Mese crystals, yes, the sharp ones will hurt you if you land on them. As well as Cactus, cactus kills on impact.
Depleted uranium, Infinium, Purpellium, and Toxic Water are radioactive.
Added new mob spawner, spawn good npc while caving or whatever. She is very strong, as well as her counterpart so watch out!!
Removed the itemdrop to test server performance gains, I do miss the popping sounds though!
Maybe I'll make a video showing all the features of the es mod and the esmobs, as things have really changed quite a bit!

UPDATE
20160216--
Purpellium drank now gives full health and hunger.
Crafting the expensive tools are, well, expensive! See craft guide for details. You craft a handle and add handle to the tool end.
Hunger tweaked a bit, you can eat leather if you are in a pinch.
Anvil is now decorative, you will need to manage resources now.
Added player animations: https://github.com/Rui914/playeranim

20160226--
Tweaked the npc's so that they will run when asked to follow you, this keeps them close, which was intended. Also changed code to have them NOT despawn while in pursuit or attacking, for better gameplay. Now they are useful.

Did some bug fixes, changed a lot of things to local so there are no more undeclared global calls.

Added itemframes, you can now show off all your finds on your wall!

Added player animations, the head tilts now, really cool.

Server side, updated to a newer build.

Map, added a tutorial tower, where new players can learn about some of the servers interesting features.

Spawn has new rules wall as well as some helpful tips.

Shop has been updated with more items to purchase, WIP be patient.

20160305--
REMOVED: VILLAGES, HANDLES CHEMATICS, PATHV6ALT.
Rolled back mobs, no more pathfinding. just simple badplayer mobs api.
updated mapgen - yes, your mine is bjorked, re-dig that stuff.
re-designed ore generation: you must go deep to mine the goodies.
tweaked config a bit.
I am done. this is too exhausting to keep up and frankly, I am sick of it.

I hope all these changes add to the performance issues and make this an easier server to join and play.
TODO: Get the basic machines to plant the crops, for some reason this doesn't work with TenPlus1's farming mod.

20200108--
I decided to re-do this game from scratch and start on a very old (MT 0.4.9) version for that good old nostalgia feel. :)
You must join on either:
minetest 0.4.9
minetest 0.4.10
minetest 0.4.11
minetest 0.4.12

newer versions like 0.4.14 cause your client to crash out.

Currently in DEV mode to tweak main mods and fix some bugs. This is a very slimmed down version and aims to be as intended. Stay tuned.

Mobs:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13616<--Please read info here. This mod changes to get better with time.
Spoiler
WHAT ARE THESE?
Essentially these are a few various npc's, monsters, and animals that all play together in your created world to simulate a more rigorous environment for tough survival. The drops are plenty and varying, where you will most likely always get something good during a battle and reward increases in value the harder the mob. The baddies come out at night as expected, but also expect to see a few hanging around after sunrise, it does help to have the armor mod installed.

The friendly npc's will offer a great variety of tools and food if you right click them with a gold lump, also right clicking them will produce a menu for you to direct them to a task like stand and protect, follow, etc.

The exploding mobs will not damage terrain, as do the dungeon master, the fireballs and high HP will give you a challenge enough.

The flying mobs are lethal, take cover if you see them.

The shooting mobs vary in strength, skeleton is weakest and dungeon master is toughest, you decide your pearl.

SPECIAL ITEMS TO NOTE:
*Unique rewards in bones when they are killed.
*Config file to choose the amount and type of mobs to be spawned for a great variety.
*Unique personalities, reflected in speed, stamina, weapon wielded, and drops.
*Right-click to have them team up with you, plus a chat message confirming their acceptance to the teaming.[/color]
*Formspec to tell the mob what to do.
*Formspec used with inventory_plus showing all the loaded mobs and info like HP, Damage, and Tips.
*Feed npc's with bread or meat to restore their HP.
*Give them gold lump to get random tool or item.
*Mobs place bones on field, like real players now.
*Bones have time stamp and name of killer.
GET BONES WITH TIMESTAMP MOD HERE-->https://github.com/maikerumine/bones
*Horseys that you can ride all over various terrain, right click them with a saddle to tame them then right click them to ride!
*Throwing has be incorporated into this mod with an added recipie for a diamond arrow.
*Flying mobs that shoot fireballs and drop a "special" creature.
*Mod can be used with or without dependencies. Crafts have been tweaked to work without error.

Game:
extreme_survival –https://github.com/maikerumine/extreme_survival

Mods and how to use:
Spoiler
beds--sleep to reset spawnpoint (resets everyday at main restart.)
--CHANGED spawn command--type /spawn to go back to spawn. You now have a timer and must wait to use spawn again. RND added.
spawn_sanitizer--removes cobble, locked chests, locked doors, vending, and rebuilds cobble platform. (resets on restart of server.)
carts--left click (punch) to set motion, right click (double tap) to hop in moving cart, steer right or left at switchtrack to change path.
city_block--this is your safety block, 20 nodes from center it prevents placement of water, lava, and I added TNT does not do damage to buildings while in this zone.
UPDATED teleports--these are used by standing on blue dot or using mossy cobble to choose specific destination. good to 250 nodes away. can be crafted only in world by placing 8 diamond blocks in a square then placing the last diamond block in center. You can remove the surrounding diamond blocks for other use. https://github.com/ac-minetest/directed_teleports NOW TELEPORTS IN DIRECTION YOU ARE FACING. RND added..
vendor--Set up a vending machine on top of locked chest with item to sell. Set up depositing machine same way, only add gold bars to chest.
NEW goldblockvendor--Set up a vending machine on top of locked chest with item to sell. Set up depositing machine same way, only add gold blocks to chest.
basic_machines--RND's very interesting programmable mod that does a whole bunch more than I can fathom right now. AUTOMATION> viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12033

ADDEDesmobs-- Adds fighting fake players, monsters, and animals into world, each drop unique loot and some will help you fight monsters. Bad ones come out at night. Right click NPC's to have them team up with you! https://github.com/maikerumine/esmobs
fire--I changed fire so nothing will burn in game, this is to promote building and less griefing.
MERGEDglass--An impenetrable glass block used by admin to seal an area, like the prison. Merged into es.
MERGED---spawn_prison--A tweaked version of Lag's spawn_command where you cannot goto spawn from the prison area, you must either die or climb out. He He.
REMOVED-awards--A cool mod that tracks your performance and new discoveries with a popup message!
names_per_ip--prohibits multiple accounts (4 max)
REMOVED-name_restrictions--prohibits guest accounts, similar names, admin fakes, and names with all numbers.
mapfix-- type /fixmap to reset the lighting.
inventory_plus--simple inventory mod used with skins.
skins--more skin selections and preview image.
wieldview--displays your weapon to other players.
REMOVED--pathv6alt--automatic path generator to help you explore. I changed the blocks so they are not mineable.
CHANGEDhud--adds hunger to your mission, catch fish, hunt sheep or spiders for meat, bake bread, and find apples to eat. Hunger must be full in order for heart regeneration.
Protector--Protect your house!
3D_armor--Suit up to fight the mobs!
army--Sandbags, barbed wire, rations, chain-link fence, and more! [disabled the gun]
shooter--Disabled all weapons except the rifle, and tuned it's performance and borrowed sound from the army mod.
UPDATEDMESE CRYSTALS!! viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13094 read this, for details, you now can farm mese! You can plant in your own protected area now--rnd fix remember to not plant seeds in protected area, first plant then protect!! NOTE: When farming these you will get a Mese Ore Raw, you will need to cook this to get the Mese Crystal.viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13094#p197389
Quartz--Adds new blocks to game.
Cottages--Adds more blocks and tools to game! [ANVIL is decorative)
Bags--Adds Bags to the game.
moreblocks--Adds a circular saw to cut es nodes and default nodes into slopes and complicated shapes.
minetest bags--more storage for your stuff.
DISABLED--moretrees--adds much more trees in the landscape.

Minetest Game mods:
default*-customised to run with es.https://github.com/maikerumine/default
screwdriver
doors--Removed obsidian and glass doors.
stairs--Added recipie for granite and marble
bucket
boats
vessels
wool
farming
dye
tnt--added intergration with city_block.
give_initial_stuff
xpanes
bones
bucket

Other Mods used during map creation:

REMOVED--mg_villages--when activated this spawns villages to loot, you can buy plots in new villages spawned after 1200 meters.[AS OF 20150922 ALL VILLAGES ARE FREE]
REMOVED--handle_schematics--This is a dependency of mg_villages, not sure how to use it.
tsm_mines

es-- Maikerumine's Extreme Survival mod, has extra crafting recipies for NEW tools and NEW ores.
Craft dirt from 9 papyrus..https://github.com/maikerumine/es
Craft Mese Crystal from 9 Mese Shards...
Craft 3 Desert Cobble from one brick and two cobble, brick on top of craft...
Emeralds: Below -100
Rubys: Below -300
Aikerum: Below -400
Infinium: Below -430
Purpellium: Below -430
To craft these tools you will replace the stick with an iron ingot.
To craft an Infinium ingot you must craft first a vessel with Infinium goo to get Infinium container and water source. then cook the Infinium container in oven to get ingot.

worldedge-- limits travel to 4200 meters.
bedrock--creates mining limit to -6000 meters.

Rules:
No Dating.
No Griefing or Building over other peoples land or roads without their permission. If you choose to build high be at least +500 metres MSL. You could also build off ot the sky city at +1000 metres.
No Cheating [NOCLIP/FLY] -- Penalty will be ban.
No Inappropriate language. ADMIN WILL REVOKE SHOUT FOR ONE WEEK.
No building or placing items on the spawn platform. All locked chests, vending machines, and locked doors will automatically delete with spawn sanitizer, you have been doubly warned.
PVP is allowed, but if someone request you to stop then stop. --Protected areas are safe from PVP unless land owner is there, then you are toast.
No asking for free things. Please let me do my busy work and leave me alone! If it is urgent you can expect prompt response from me if online.

SERVER RESET TIME
Server resets daily for to keep the lag down at high uptime. The reset times are 0000, 0600, 1200, 1800 Eastern Standard Time (New York Timezone)

Backups are bi-daily or depending on server usage.
Currently as of the 24th of January, 2016 there are over 150Gb of backed up maps in storage. ;-)

Server info:
Full game current size: 18.4 MB
Game media size only: 15.6 MB

Server Specs:
MSI laptop
64-bit Win 8.1 OS
16GB ram 1600Mhz SODIMM
i7-4810MQ CPU @2.8GHz

Server and basic OS memory is 2.2 Gb during operation.
Minetest Server use 250-300 Mb memory during operation.
CPU is average 3-12% during operation.

Network Specs:
ISP ping avg: 19ms
ISP ping jitter: 3ms

Server on join--
15Mb download avg
5Mb upload avg

Client on join (If visited the server and has cache)--
UNKNOWN
3.5Mb download avg
5.0Mb upload avg

Video Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Xlb0mnP9iA
MAPS:
Spoiler
20160120SPAWN AREA
20160220 map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdu1ud2n1noqe ... p.png?dl=0

This server is for anybody who likes to fight creatures and try to survive the night in a difficult world.

Thank you for your time.

[UPDATE]

20200108--
You must join on either:
minetest 0.4.9
minetest 0.4.10
minetest 0.4.11
minetest 0.4.12

newer versions like 0.4.14 cause your client to crash out.

Thank you for the inspiration to kick the tires again on this project, SorceryKid.
:)

Old maps were not and will not be deleted.
Last edited by maikerumine on Mon Jan 20, 2020 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

The connection times out every time I try to connect T-T

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Dragonop wrote:The connection times out every time I try to connect T-T
Sorry about that, I am having difficulty with crashing. I updated the I.P. address [23.28.67.158] and eventually going to switch to a stable OS. Stay tuned.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

SERVER is back up and there are many new railways to get you around. :-) also hacked the mods so they work better and hopefully won't crash server so much. More todo layer, enjoy!

BlueFireIceUn
In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Post

Thanks about my monument but 2 things wrong. 1) It should be empty in side, only stone and cursed stone lol and 2)it's 100x100 and not 50x50 xD Just telling it but in fact, this server is awesome. Nothing to say wrong about it. Just need some more mods and it will be perfect. (not as perfect as just test ;P) and correct craft guide sign who show only craft sign
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

BlueFireIceUn wrote:Thanks about my monument but 2 things wrong. 1) It should be empty in side, only stone and cursed stone lol and 2)it's 100x100 and not 50x50 xD Just telling it but in fact, this server is awesome. Nothing to say wrong about it. Just need some more mods and it will be perfect. (not as perfect as just test ;P) and correct craft guide sign who show only craft sign
Ahhhh! I knew it looked wrong. Sorry, I will fix sometime this weekend. As for craft_guide, i saw that, I need to put it in the world mods folder instead of game folder. I will during restart.

A few more bug tests and i will consider more mods. Thanks for testing Blue!

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

maikerumine wrote:A few more bug tests and i will consider more mods. Thanks for testing Blue!
Also, could you please fix that protector bug where you can place cactus, wood, trunks, sand, gravel, dirt and other blocks in protected areas? I already see it on your server. BTW, where you got that protector mod? Mod's author should probably fix that issues once for all.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Okay, got to play :D
My first experience was the following:
-Spawned.
-Spawnkilled by troyrobot
-Killed he 5 times.
-A player named momo comes to help this guy and kills me
-Killed her 5 times
-Checked both of the bones, a lot of the starting items. Spawnkillers for sure.
-Killed he and she for revenge and venegance for all the newbies that were spawnkilled.
-Suspect of murdering on a village.
-Disconnected. I will go back to Amhi moderation. This server isn't as awesome as I tought, a little disapointed.

I don't think I will play here again. This lacks something that just test has. I don't know what.
I think that bones have too much fresh time.
I also don't like the "Suspect of murder" feature. I will never get revenge, and I will never take those swords away from those spawnkillers.
Do not play hero, you will get on jail, and also loose all your bounty.
The chat it's dead btw, it feels more like playing on a town where everybody it's silent and waiting to try to kill you, so you will go to jail.
Goodbye.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Dragonop wrote:Okay, got to play :D
My first experience was the following:
-Spawned.
-Spawnkilled by troyrobot
-Killed he 5 times.
-A player named momo comes to help this guy and kills me
-Killed her 5 times
-Checked both of the bones, a lot of the starting items. Spawnkillers for sure.
-Killed he and she for revenge and venegance for all the newbies that were spawnkilled.
-Suspect of murdering on a village.
-Disconnected. I will go back to Amhi moderation. This server isn't as awesome as I tought, a little disapointed.

I don't think I will play here again. This lacks something that just test has. I don't know what.
I think that bones have too much fresh time.
I also don't like the "Suspect of murder" feature. I will never get revenge, and I will never take those swords away from those spawnkillers.
Do not play hero, you will get on jail, and also loose all your bounty.
The chat it's dead btw, it feels more like playing on a town where everybody it's silent and waiting to try to kill you, so you will go to jail.
Goodbye.
Awww buddy!;
Chat is dead because EVERYONE is being attacked! You can chat in village house shut door. Did you ask troy to stop?
Did you do what I ask: RUN?
I get killed every few minutes by mobs it is gameplay supposed to be VERY difficult.

I was thinking to make spawn a no kill zone anyway.
Remember to run or ride a minecart to far place.

I hope you return with this in mind, remember the mobs will take care of. The rest.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Some bones after collection don't appear in my inventory.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Another bug: AI-players sometimes spawn in ground at spawn so they fall in water, also, I've noticed some AI players walk just below ground in water (where railway is located).

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:Another bug: AI-players sometimes spawn in ground at spawn so they fall in water, also, I've noticed some AI players walk just below ground in water (where railway is located).
Hmmm I will look into this, I had no idea. Please describe yhe bones thing. Are they from mobs? The tall green Ai falls in water I may make them shorter and water damage to all ai to lessen server load. Server reset tonight will take care of that. Thank you for feedback it will help make a better server. :-)

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Yep, I asked to stop, he didn't (not even a message). That's why I say chat is dead.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Dragonop wrote:Yep, I asked to stop, he didn't (not even a message). That's why I say chat is dead.
Tonight I will add safe spawn. It might be buggy I understand concern. More mods = more tweak.

In a month this server will be set. Patience bro

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

maikerumine wrote:
Fixerol wrote:Please describe yhe bones thing. Are they from mobs?
I don't know, I found them in some cave, mined them, but they did not appear in my inventory.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Seems if the bones have stuff in the inventory you get the loot but not the bones themself.

Was fun to see my mineshaft under the cactuscornersbuilding. As on Justtest the mineshaft was filled with scattered bones :-D

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

twoelk wrote:Seems if the bones have stuff in the inventory you get the loot but not the bones themself.

Was fun to see my mineshaft under the cactuscornersbuilding. As on Justtest the mineshaft was filled with scattered bones :-D
Uhoh!! I will fix tonight as well as add bones to lags mobs too. Did you check if inventory was full? Just checking. Fixer had same problem too. I am glad you like! Eventually ill finish the stairs trying to add little bits to all the builds as I go. Hehe. I was thinking about doing your castle but I belie e that would require more skill than I have to do.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Can you put my new house there? You know, next to your new house?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

BBmine wrote:Can you put my new house there? You know, next to your new house?
I cannot make any promises, main intent was to capture some of the older builds. Currently there is no time due to mod tweaking and gameplay. Maybe in future I would consider.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

AI enemies die in water for some reason, why don't they go up to not die in it?

Interesting side of this server is this: lots of easy and hard enemies, lots of loot (but "easy come - easy go"), very dangerous caves, extremely dangerous mining (was recovering my diamond corpse like 5 times, running is not helping).

I've played for few days and I got 1 full chest of good axes and good swords, lots of wood, but very few ores and diamonds (just for 2 protections).

BTW, why not make dropped loot with another way: if AI vs AI - no loot dropped for the player, but only if you kill the enemy (so picks and axes will be much rarer probably).

Also, I've mentioned bones on protected areas earlier, looks like it needs some fixing in code (or we will have a bone city).

DeadMike
In-game: MrSmith

by DeadMike » Post

this sounds like alot of fun..must try :)