[Server] Jungle

u18398

[Server] Jungle

by u18398 » Post

Attachments
egypt.zip
egyptian blocks hires texture
(578.05 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Last edited by u18398 on Wed Jul 20, 2022 06:01, edited 57 times in total.

Samson1
GitHub: MoJo4000
IRC: Samson1
In-game: Samson1

Re: Jungle

by Samson1 » Post

No, it's not nice when players leave a bit of tree here and a block there! Why is it that only the players in Minetest do that?? All the players in Minecraft don't, I have not seen any one do it any way

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Only Minetest players do that?! hahaha, don't make me laugh, Minecraft players do that, but all servers have treecapitator or even lack any kind of survival on them.

Also, I think it is mainly because most of the players on phone are lazy, and looking up is too much for them, that is also why some of those players do their homes only 2 blocks tall.

programmingchicken
GitHub: pchicken
IRC: chicken pchicken

by programmingchicken » Post

I used to make 2-block tall homes...
Until I figured out I could look up and down.
Embarrassing, ik
nah jk I didn't understand fashion or how to build a house then. :3 I'll post a map sometime.
<gamerdude> I apologize for the above content

u18398

Jungle

by u18398 » Post

Update 10.10.2015

installed serveressentials mod today.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12445&p=180964#p180964

From now on all new Players will have spawn priv and can use /spawn.
People already playing on the server, I will add the priv. Should I forget someone, please tell me :)

Here a list, from extra commands, usable without extra privs:

/ping

Required privileges: None
Pong!

/clearinv

Clears your inventory.

/killme

Required Privileges: None
Kills self.

/motd

Required privileges: none
Displays server motd.

/gettime

Required privileges: none
Gets current time of day.

/whatisthis

Gets itemstring of currently wielded item.

One more thing :

Some asked me about the lack of milk. Solution is easy. There is milk. All you need is to hold an empty drinking
glass in your hand and left click a cow. The important thing is, that from spawn time of the cow until you can get
milk you have to wait one minute. After getting milk, wait one more minute and you can get milk again, and so on.

Gundul

comments and suggestions welcome

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

I would suggest disabling /clearinv for players without creative priv, some curious players might see it on /help and use it without knowing.

programmingchicken

Well, I accidentally dug in a protected area, and I got banned. That was fast, and I don't recommend this server to any players that like to build.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

programmingchicken wrote:Well, I accidentally dug in a protected area, and I got banned. That was fast, and I don't recommend this server to any players that like to build.
My moderator has warned you. You said you would not dig in protected areas again,
but you did it only 5 minutes later. Your own fault !

Unfortunately my mod did not enter the right command. He only wanted to ban you for 5 Minutes.

But never the less my mod did the right thing.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Dragonop wrote:I would suggest disabling /clearinv for players without creative priv, some curious players might see it on /help and use it without knowing.

I think that is a good idea. Thanks.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Gundul: I don't think you understand how protection in a public server works; unless you have a protection block (in the protection blocks mod) or no lag (in the areas mod, or landrush, or whatever) you WILL dig in a protected area, it doesn't matter how careful you are. You need to know the boundaries of the claimed land. Also, a moderator that makes mistakes when banning, it's not a good option.

Offtopic edit: I was "assaulted" by a player named "Orc" because of this post, I don't see what is wrong with it, why can't I tell my opinion? Called me a "problemmaker", that when "the day is long you can post such a garbage text"... I don't know who this guy is, and why he is allowed to do such acusations, when the server is not his...

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Dragonop wrote:Gundul: I don't think you understand how protection in a public server works; unless you have a protection block (in the protection blocks mod) or no lag (in the areas mod, or landrush, or whatever) you WILL dig in a protected area, it doesn't matter how careful you are. You need to know the boundaries of the claimed land. Also, a moderator that makes mistakes when banning, it's not a good option.
I understand very well how protection works.

In most cases it is not a problem that an area can not been seen, it is more a problem that
it does not want to be seen. It is shown in the lower left corner, for all those who know reading.

That someone got mixed up with a command, may happen. 5 Minutes ban is ok for me.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

I didn't meant to say that... but whatever...

u18398

Jungle

by u18398 » Post

UPDATE 14/10/2015

Server will be shutdown for 2 hours this afternoon 15:30 UTC.

a backup will be made and the parts of the corrupted world will get fixed.

Gundul

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Backup was made. But the corrupted map could not be fixed. /deleteblocks only lead to even more corruption.

Server will run again at last state in a few minutes.

I will copy the whole server on my home pc and look how to fix it.

Gundul

u18398

Jungle

by u18398 » Post

Sorry Server down for maintenance.

World database is broken. The file was already 2.4 Gb big, which is too much for
the server or minetest itself, I do not know.

I am now working on getting rid of all the unused chunks in our worldmap.

Unfortunately the newest working mapfile seems to be from 08/10/2015

Gundul

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Gundul wrote: In most cases it is not a problem that an area can not been seen, it is more a problem that
it does not want to be seen. It is shown in the lower left corner, for all those who know reading.
Does not want to be seen? You mean deliberate traps set by griefers who hide their protected areas so that any unsuspecting builder who comes by and wants to gather ressources from (seemingly) unprotected and unchanged natural terrain gets attacked by a protection mod and subsequently banned?

The Landrush server used to have autoban after digging too often in protected areas. The server lost me as a builder after I tried to pick a flower in nature - due to lag I was unable to see that it was protected. Other builders where more forgiving to the server - they came back even though they where banned regularily automaticly.

Ban those players who actually consciously destroy something built by others. That's enough work for each server owner/moderator :-) Some griefings may be accidental due to lack of control of the (Android) client. Some may be deliberate thefts of wanted materials or just pointless destruction by those who don't know better.
A list of my mods can be found here.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Update

the Mapfile from 12/10/15 seems to work,too. that is the good news.

But the mapfile need to be shrinked. That is why I need your help.
please send me the coords of your buildings which you want to be kept.
Anything other will be destroyed by the shrinking script.

thanks

Gundul

programmingchicken

I was by a wall that was protected.
What am I supposed to do, know that it was protected?

u18398

by u18398 » Post

programmingchicken wrote:I was by a wall that was protected.

You should follow, what a moderator or admin asks you to do or not to do.

If you were asked to leave it untouched, leave it.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Jungle is back and running

The good news is, that it looks like I was wrong blaming the server or minetest itself for the corrupted map.
Even better news is, so no shrinking of the map was necessary and all buildings, mines, everything could be
left untouched.

Even though I now know how to handle the script, if I should need it one day. Thanks to solars and lag01 for their
work here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9774&hilit=unexplore
I had to do some modificatons to suit my needs, its not perfect yet, but already does a very good job.

Yes, there are bad news also:

First there will not be any more shipwrecks. 2.5GB is already a quiet large world. Exploring is ok but keep in mind
that the rich pirates are gone :)

Second, I had to disable the server essentials mod. For some reason, which i do not now already, it caused the
high cpu usage. So no more extra commands like /spawn etc until I find a solution for this. (Now we are using 40% instead of 80% and more.)

if you should encounter any unusual behaviors please report.

Happy mining

Gundul

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Gundul wrote: First there will not be any more shipwrecks. 2.5GB is already a quiet large world. Exploring is ok but keep in mind
Can you show a few screenshots of one? Shipwrecks would be great. Especially if built well.
Gundul wrote: Second, I had to disable the server essentials mod. For some reason, which i do not now already, it caused the
high cpu usage. So no more extra commands like /spawn etc until I find a solution for this. (Now we are using 40% instead of 80% and more.)
But not spawn! That's such an essential and cheap command that it ought to be no problem. I'm sure you'll find a replacement for that command. Hope you find out what causes your problems.
A list of my mods can be found here.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Gundul wrote: First there will not be any more shipwrecks. 2.5GB is already a quiet large world. Exploring is ok but keep in mind
Can you show a few screenshots of one? Shipwrecks would be great. Especially if built well.
The shipwrecks are from the sea modpack:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4627&hilit=sea+modpack

I have no pictures right now, but i will see what I can do.

Sokomine wrote:
Gundul wrote: Second, I had to disable the server essentials mod. For some reason, which i do not now already, it caused the
But not spawn! That's such an essential and cheap command that it ought to be no problem. I'm sure you'll find a replacement for that command. Hope you find out what causes your problems.
I do not think that it is so much a problem of the serveressentials mod itself. I guess it is a problem of our
mailsystem. But that one I would really miss.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6273&hilit=mail
Read the warning and you know what I mean :)

programmingchicken

Gundul wrote:

I didn't know that the wall was protected and your moderator didn't tell me not to touch it.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

programmingchicken wrote:
Gundul wrote:

I didn't know that the wall was protected and your moderator didn't tell me not to touch it.

Look what you write. First "I was by a wall that was protected" then "I didn't know that the wall was protected".
I could post debug and chatlog of that day, but I do not like wasting my time.

Thread closed.

u18398

by u18398 » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Ok. I made a few pictures. There are wooden ships and sunken submarines of metal. That is why the last
ones were very popular on my server. :) Do not expect too much, design is very basic.
Spoiler