[Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

User avatar
Coder12
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 00:15
GitHub: Coder12a
IRC: Coder12
In-game: Bob12

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Coder12 » Post

Doesn't spawnkilling mean when a player is killing the enemy players within the flag radius? It should be okay if they are killing players near the enemy base.

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6295
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by rubenwardy » Post

Stix wrote:Perhaps the server could use this to help in the fight against lag?: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18951
Remote media is already used, but it's on rubenwardy.com not that site

Chem871
Member
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx
Location: My Basement's Attic

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Chem871 » Post

Player 'McKay' walking on lava:
Image

Image

Image

They might be in the wrong order.
Attachments
screenshot_20180622_164136.png
(455.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20180622_164135.png
(447.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20180622_164134.png
(468.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
What is SCP-055?

User avatar
IceAgeComing
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 21:19

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by IceAgeComing » Post

Coder12 wrote:Doesn't spawnkilling mean when a player is killing the enemy players within the flag radius? It should be okay if they are killing players near the enemy base.
Flag radius is only few blocks, so no, killing right outside of that range is still considered spawnkilling.

User avatar
Stix
Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]
Location: USA

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Stix » Post

Chem871 wrote:Player 'McKay' walking on lava:
Image

Image

Image

They might be in the wrong order.
He'll probably never be banned, i reported a player doing the same thing, and after a staff member went online to confirm this, they told me it would be unfair to ban them as "liquid physics are different for android players". In reality that statement is false, I've played on the android client before, and liquid physics were no different then if i was on my PC. Don't believe me?, try it out for yourself (you can find the app on F-droid or Google-Play).

BTW: Chem, no offense, but you rlly need to start organizing your inventory/hotbar better, it'll make you much more efficient if you create a system for it.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

User avatar
Coder12
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 00:15
GitHub: Coder12a
IRC: Coder12
In-game: Bob12

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Coder12 » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:
Coder12 wrote:Doesn't spawnkilling mean when a player is killing the enemy players within the flag radius? It should be okay if they are killing players near the enemy base.
Flag radius is only few blocks, so no, killing right outside of that range is still considered spawnkilling.
So how far do you need to be from the enemys spawn?

User avatar
Stix
Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]
Location: USA

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Stix » Post

DragonsVolcanoDance wrote:People who camp in their enemies base and spawn-kill them are the losers, not the people being spawn-killed. They've broken the rules, and it's only a matter of time before they are banned.
From my experience these players are never banned, as usually when it happens there aren't any staff members online, and if they are, the spawnkilling has almost always stopped before they can check for themselves :/.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

DragonsVolcanoDance
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 01:07
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance
Location: Wherever the Gold N Chocolate lies

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

Spawn-Killing = excessively killing players right after their re-spawn immunity has faded, typical within 0-15 blocks from their flag.

If you see someone go and kill 3 or 4 players in an enemie's re-spawn area, that is not an offense IMO. HOWEVER if they have been doing it over and over again then it is likely a kick/ban will occur. [Provided a staff member has been made aware]

Please keep in mind there will be variations of this and Moderators/Admins will use their own judgement and common sense to decide whether someone needs banning or not.

Also keep in mind that no staff member is 100% perfect at moderating. This [obviously] is the case, so you don't need to get upset at moderators and tell them that they do not ban people who have been cheating/hacking to everyone else.

DragonsVolcanoDance
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 01:07
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance
Location: Wherever the Gold N Chocolate lies

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

Stix wrote: From my experience these players are never banned, as usually when it happens there aren't any staff members online, and if they are, the spawnkilling has almost always stopped before they can check for themselves :/.
I shall repeat meself:
DragonsVolcanoDance wrote: For everyone who wants to know what to do when one team is getting completely spawn-killed, do /report <name> <Crime Committed> if there is a moderator in-game. They'll see the message, and if they're not too busy with other things they will investigate the person. If there's no moderator/admin in game, it is very likely there will be some on IRC. It's best to PM the moderators/admins, for most of the time they are AFK and too busy to watch the game chat which flies by at 80 MPH. This is easily done by doing /irc_msg <NAME> <MESSAGE> Tell the moderator the player's name and their supposed crime, and they will investigate the player when they have time.
It will do a world of good if you just tell the staff member the name of the suspect - then they know who to spy on later when they see that player online. Chem871 did this, and rest assured if I see that name I will spy on them.

User avatar
Stix
Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]
Location: USA

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Stix » Post

DragonsVolcanoDance wrote:
Stix wrote: From my experience these players are never banned, as usually when it happens there aren't any staff members online, and if they are, the spawnkilling has almost always stopped before they can check for themselves :/.
I shall repeat meself:
DragonsVolcanoDance wrote: For everyone who wants to know what to do when one team is getting completely spawn-killed, do /report <name> <Crime Committed> if there is a moderator in-game. They'll see the message, and if they're not too busy with other things they will investigate the person. If there's no moderator/admin in game, it is very likely there will be some on IRC. It's best to PM the moderators/admins, for most of the time they are AFK and too busy to watch the game chat which flies by at 80 MPH. This is easily done by doing /irc_msg <NAME> <MESSAGE> Tell the moderator the player's name and their supposed crime, and they will investigate the player when they have time.
It will do a world of good if you just tell the staff member the name of the suspect - then they know who to spy on later when they see that player online. Chem871 did this, and rest assured if I see that name I will spy on them.
Hmm, i forgot to mention i usually do report them, and by their name.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

User avatar
Stix
Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]
Location: USA

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Stix » Post

DragonsVolcanoDance wrote: I don't know what happened, but I trust the other moderators and admins judgement when it comes to wielding the ban hammer. You full well know that switching teams is against the rules, as it messes the game up and confuses everybody. You basically become a traitor to your original team, and just because someone else is breaking another rule such as spawn-killing doesn't give you permission to break rules as well.
I think two words pretty much sum up my thinking on this: Robin-Hood
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

User avatar
Stix
Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]
Location: USA

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Stix » Post

Just saw this and i have one question, and its not what you'd expect! Whats up with the word-wrapping?:
Image
*EDIT: Oh and what does it mean by "Managing to get back in-game"? Ive never rebooted my router to login before my ban was over, Never.

*EDIT2: Could you make an exception for all accounts starting with "Squishy" for the ip-ban? Those were my sisters acounts, she likes to play CTF every now and then and id hate for her to not be able to just because i was a Vigilante.

Anyways its been a good 3(+?) years on CTF, and i wish a good future to the server and its players, goodbye.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

User avatar
ANAND
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54
GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD
Location: India
Contact:

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by ANAND » Post

Stix wrote:Perhaps the server could use this to help in the fight against lag?: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18951
The server already uses that. :)

User avatar
PETE
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 05:21
GitHub: PETE
In-game: PETE-Randomizer
Location: IDK Ctf server

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by PETE » Post

Ctf has kinda been boring lately I might leave for a while I have not seen the type of MAGIC that has brought me here to play on ctf ill may be gone from ctf for a short while.
Whats the trick? I wish I knew

User avatar
Stix
Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]
Location: USA

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Stix » Post

Would someone care to reply to this? I might be gone but i still want these issues resolved!
Stix wrote:Here's a suggestion: what if teams where divided based on rankings? There could be "ranking-points" and the higher up on the rankings you are, the more ranking points you have, and the server could try to divide teams evenly based on these points.

Anyways, id like some feedback on this idea, so if you have a couple minutes to spare write me a reply!
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

User avatar
Waterbug
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 23:25
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman
Location: Great Lakes Region

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Waterbug » Post

ANAND wrote: csirolli: Gael-de-Sailly recently made a patch which locks a user to a team for the duration of a match, but it is restricted to that exact name only, and rejoining with a different user-name is a very simple workaround to team-locking. This is to prevent siblings and other such types of players from being locked to the same team just because they are connected from the same IP.
Nicely done!
DragonsVolcanoDance wrote:
And it is to insure sibling battles! >:) *Unsheathes Sword* I'm coming to get ya Mr. Buggy Water!

Two minutes later: You died.

-_-
LOL

User avatar
PETE
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 05:21
GitHub: PETE
In-game: PETE-Randomizer
Location: IDK Ctf server

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by PETE » Post

LMD has been banned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGTFMxR04dg&t=100s
he has just made his own ctf server
Whats the trick? I wish I knew

Enrikoo
Member
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Enrikoo » Post

Stix wrote:Just saw this and i have one question, and its not what you'd expect! Whats up with the word-wrapping?:

*EDIT: Oh and what does it mean by "Managing to get back in-game"? Ive never rebooted my router to login before my ban was over, Never.

*EDIT2: Could you make an exception for all accounts starting with "Squishy" for the ip-ban? Those were my sisters acounts, she likes to play CTF every now and then and id hate for her to not be able to just because i was a Vigilante.

Anyways its been a good 3(+?) years on CTF, and i wish a good future to the server and its players, goodbye.
Stix, you make players breaking the rules that you win faster? Be fair please.
Your ideas doesn't make sense. You just want this because to being better? Do not change yourself. Stay good how you was. Don't make it more unfair. Your nonsense-ideas will never be voted.

You can try join the CTF again, but do not complain more than you need to make the game more awful/unfair.
Remember: You're just bad in CTF. Just Agree.

Wanna be good in CTF again, buy a new PC. Your ideas won't help you and other players.

User avatar
ANAND
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54
GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD
Location: India
Contact:

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by ANAND » Post

Stix wrote:Image
That's new to me! o.O
Stix wrote:*EDIT: Oh and what does it mean by "Managing to get back in-game"? Ive never rebooted my router to login before my ban was over, Never.

*EDIT2: Could you make an exception for all accounts starting with "Squishy" for the ip-ban? Those were my sisters acounts, she likes to play CTF every now and then and id hate for her to not be able to just because i was a Vigilante.

Anyways its been a good 3(+?) years on CTF, and i wish a good future to the server and its players, goodbye.
Managing to get back in-game = "When a temp-ban expires"

White-listing names is a remote possibility, since you yourself could login using the white-listed account. But FWIW, send a PM to rubenwardy regarding this.
DragonsVolcanoDance wrote:It's best to PM the moderators/admins, for most of the time they are AFK and too busy to watch the game chat which flies by at 80 MPH. This is easily done by doing /irc_msg <NAME> <MESSAGE> Tell the moderator the player's name and their supposed crime, and they will investigate the player when they have time.
Not necessary, all reports are sent to IRC moderators who've successfully subscribed to receiving reports.
Me Me and Me wrote:I made a new CTF map called Desert Spikes. It contains high peaks, an ocean, and a large cavern system which extends from one side of the map to the other.
On CTF I am "WHYjustbecause".
Maps should be submitted here: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic

Happy to see that quite a few people are contributing this way... :)
Last edited by ANAND on Sun Jun 24, 2018 03:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stix
Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]
Location: USA

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Stix » Post

ANAND wrote: White-listing names is a remote possibility, since you yourself could login using the white-listed account. But FWIW, send a PM to rubenwardy regarding this.
Yes i thought about that, ive been trying to think how i can prove ill never use the accounts...
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

User avatar
Stix
Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]
Location: USA

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Stix » Post

Enrikoo wrote:
Stix wrote:Just saw this and i have one question, and its not what you'd expect! Whats up with the word-wrapping?:

*EDIT: Oh and what does it mean by "Managing to get back in-game"? Ive never rebooted my router to login before my ban was over, Never.

*EDIT2: Could you make an exception for all accounts starting with "Squishy" for the ip-ban? Those were my sisters acounts, she likes to play CTF every now and then and id hate for her to not be able to just because i was a Vigilante.

Anyways its been a good 3(+?) years on CTF, and i wish a good future to the server and its players, goodbye.
Stix, you make players breaking the rules that you win faster? Be fair please.
Your ideas doesn't make sense. You just want this because to being better? Do not change yourself. Stay good how you was. Don't make it more unfair. Your nonsense-ideas will never be voted.

You can try join the CTF again, but do not complain more than you need to make the game more awful/unfair.
Remember: You're just bad in CTF. Just Agree.

Wanna be good in CTF again, buy a new PC. Your ideas won't help you and other players.
*sigh* I rlly dont understand what your trying to say...
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6295
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by rubenwardy » Post

Image

User avatar
Waterbug
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 23:25
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman
Location: Great Lakes Region

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Waterbug » Post

ANAND wrote: Maps should be submitted here: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic
This link doesn't seem to work. It just goes to a page that says the requested topic does not exist.

Although when I just search "maps for capture the flag mega topic" in Google it works.

muhdnurhidayat
Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 22:55
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: muhdnurhidayat
In-game: muhdnurhidayat
Location: Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact:

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by muhdnurhidayat » Post

Waterbug wrote:
ANAND wrote: Maps should be submitted here: Maps for Capture the Flag mega-topic
This link doesn't seem to work. It just goes to a page that says the requested topic does not exist.

Although when I just search "maps for capture the flag mega topic" in Google it works.
that's because they put the wrong link
it should be this viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19729
but they put this viewtopic.php?f=12
you need the thread id in the link to get it work, don't remove them... xD
[ Full signature ] - UTC+8 here, I'm muhdnurhidayat in most Minetest servers. / Twitter ✂️- - - - -

Contributes to Minetest Wiki.
Also uses MT Offtopic forum.
You just read my profile, right?
Because these few texts of signature only appear on profile page as the texts are cut in signature. xD

Chem871
Member
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx
Location: My Basement's Attic

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Chem871 » Post

Ruben, what about adding the titanite mod?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15264&hilit=mo%27+sword
Makes all tools upgradeable (not guns or other special tools, though).
Btw, Stix, I always have my sword at hotbar spot #7, and guns at #8. That's my only strategy, I don't feel like I need anything better.
What is SCP-055?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest