[Server] Capture the Flag Server

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by LMD » Post

That would be similar to KGM's tnta blender bombs...
But I don't like that idea...
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ
In-game: SouperRayene10 CESTRayCRYSTAL

by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ » Post

Smoke greneades must not be laggy ..... Because if the particles will cause lagg to the player of course many of users will dislike it for Tactics time......
It must be only Blindy Without lag .......
iF Multiple Cloud textures will cause lag so Use one hudge large texture .....
Try to find any solution to make the particles Not laggy
Make it Cloudy like this
If it has multiple colors this could be better ( red / blue / green / white / Pink )...... For game Fun :D

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

Could Pistols be better if they have an Right-mouse click to Get Pistol texture in this Position to can Snipe ?
A red dot or a Pistol hand looking texture who appear at screen to can Snipe and shoot more better ?
or some red Dots Scopes who could be found in chests so In craft guide player could add Red DOT scope to gun to can Shoot better using Hand Red Dot texture who can appear at screen by right-mouse-click
An Red dot Scope texture who can appear WITHOUT ZOOMING
:LImage

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

CESTRayCRYSTALwz Please stop using images in almost all of your posts, we can understand what your saying without them and they take a while to load when you use a lot of images; not to mention its annoying to scroll through them.

Also please refrain from reposting the same idea repeatedly, and think about whether your ideas are sensible in CTF or possible before you post them, Thank You.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
ANAND wrote:
Stix wrote:Smoke grenades sound rlly cool until you realize the only sane way to implement them: particles. And then you think about how many particles would have to be created per grenade and the lag that would cause.
Particles are completely client-side, and has nothing to do with lag. But more particles do take a big chunk out of your FPS, and I think lesser, larger particles could help with that...
I was thinking of covering the screen with a smoke hud when a player was in the smoky area. That way poor visibility wouldn't only rely on the smoke particles
Good idea, tint the players screen a translucent smokey gray and add a decent amount of particles to signify that the area is smokey from afar.

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

I took advantage of the lava on the caverns map like a good volcano dragon should.

Good luck trying to tunnel from underneath!

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

Could it be better if Pistols Got an Lazer Sight who could be found in chests ?
So in Night Its difficult to shoot Targets because most of players dont use An hight Magma to see in darkness and Blue Skin color Makes Shooting more difficult ( at darkness )
So if Its possible to add an lazer texture who can only appear in darkness ( In Night time )
This could help players to shoot During night using Pistol gun or any different gun ..... ( For Not very away targets )
Last edited by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:59, edited 6 times in total.

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

by orwell » Post

Hello,
Is there a way to legitimately switch teams, like when a new game starts (or to somehow give up "team wishes")? I was playing CTF with my brother, and wanted us to be in the same team, however, the game often wouldn't let me. Your team switch prevention is actually really good.
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...

Thomas-S
GitHub: Thomas--S
IRC: Thomas-S
In-game: Thomas-S

by Thomas-S » Post

orwell wrote:Hello,
Is there a way to legitimately switch teams, like when a new game starts (or to somehow give up "team wishes")? I was playing CTF with my brother, and wanted us to be in the same team, however, the game often wouldn't let me. Your team switch prevention is actually really good.
You can ask moderators to let you switch teams.

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ: Could you please ditch the images and focus on making the text more understandable instead?
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:I was thinking of covering the screen with a smoke hud when a player was in the smoky area. That way poor visibility wouldn't only rely on the smoke particles
That's a very simple and efficient idea. Then there's no need for particles at all, since particles are bad for FPS anyway. The opacity of the smoke hud should be directly proportional to the player's proximity to the blast. I like this idea.
My Mods

PETE
GitHub: PETE
In-game: PETE-Randomizer

by PETE » Post

ANAND wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:I was thinking of covering the screen with a smoke hud when a player was in the smoky area. That way poor visibility wouldn't only rely on the smoke particles
That's a very simple and efficient idea. Then there's no need for particles at all, since particles are bad for FPS anyway. The opacity of the smoke hud should be directly proportional to the player's proximity to the blast. I like this idea.
it would be called a flashbang then.
Whats the trick? I wish I knew

NetYard5
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo

by NetYard5 » Post

I think it could be better if theres a med kits in this server, items that heal a player by 5 or 10 HP. But you should make medikit a rare items, and I would like if the items exist in 3 types, the small med kit, med kit, and large med kit, which the large med kit heals more than others.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

PETE wrote: it would be called a flashbang then.
I am going to do a flash bang. Have to figure out how to tell if the player is looking at the blast area though.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

medkits completly PUBG Copyright
And Most of Players will Dislike it because as we know haha ..... Some AppleMachinePlayers need apples for Fastest Healing While fightning .... Who Is so bad when you got attacked by an player who use Alot of apples while fighting....
Last edited by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ on Thu Sep 20, 2018 15:18, edited 4 times in total.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
I am going to do a flash bang. Have to figure out how to tell if the player is looking at the blast area though.
Generate air blocks that look identical to default air within the blast radius. You could then apply affects when the player is inside this special air.

Stix

by Stix » Post

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ wrote:medkits completly PUBG Copyright
And Most of Players will Dislike it because as we know haha ..... Some AppleMachinePlayers need apples for Fastest Healing While fightning .... ( Bing bang boom ... Low health Dong Dong Apples ..... New health bing bang boom... and gg :-:) Who Is so bad when you got attacked by an player who use Alot of apples while fighting....
This is spam, please stop.

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

http://www.strawpoll.me/16493843
Comments are ON
To see if the most agree for medkits or Apples
Press and Vote
Last edited by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ on Thu Sep 20, 2018 19:38, edited 11 times in total.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Stix wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
Generate air blocks that look identical to default air within the blast radius. You could then apply affects when the player is inside this special air.
I could just use if vector.distance(blastpos, playerpos) <= grenaderadius then...
They may not be looking at the blast point though. I can code it to check for that though. Just takes a little research. I mentioned the problem in case someone here had dealt with it before
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

If Sreen gets Covered with Smoke HUD this will make the view Impossible ..... If the choosen colors are 100% White ( if White color dont let you see what enside ) .....
The view must be difficult to the player and not impossible.....
If The Person who throw the smoke greneade ( who Throws it ) get 45% Covered screen and the Ennemie who gets into the area gets 56% Covered screen This could be better........
And if An Red member of red team throw an smoke greneade the Smoke HUD will takes RED color this could be More Cool
And the same if An Blue throw it : it will take Blue Color..
So the red person will do camouflage with the red COLOR of Smoke :D
Same if An Blue Throw it :DDD
So Balance :D And helpful to the fighter
Ennemie must try to go out of smoke area to save himself
Last edited by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

Arisha_L
In-game: Arisha_L

by Arisha_L » Post

I think... someone wants too much and a lot of fantasizes..u u u La La la

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ wrote:If Sreen got Covered with Smoke HUD this will make the view Impossible ..... If the choosen colors are 100% White .....
The view must be difficult to the player and not impossible.....
If the launcher of the smoke greneade ( who Throws it ) get 45% Covered screen and the Ennemie who enter in gets 56% This could be better........
And if An Red member of red team throw an smoke greneade the Smoke HUD will takes RED color this could be More Cool
And the same if An Blue throw it : it will take Blue Color..
So the red person will do camouflage with the red COLOR of Smoke :D
Same if An Blue Throw it :DDD
So Balance :D And helpful to the fighter
Ennemie must try to go out of smoke area to save himself
Is English your native language? I'm not going to block the view completely. The smoke overlay on the HUD will be see through. More so near the cursor

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Post

In case anyone doesn't realize, guns can be made better by increasing the speed at which the bullets fly.

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Waterbug wrote:In case anyone doesn't realize, guns can be made better by increasing the speed at which the bullets fly.
or by installing a different guns mod altogether! :D
My Mods

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

Waterbug wrote:In case anyone doesn't realize, guns can be made better by increasing the speed at which the bullets fly.
Imagine if you are running then An Good Player use any Type of guns to shoot you
You try to Run to Different directions to Prevent Bullets But the fighter can move too and shoot so easy
But if the bullets are more faster than your movements ... you will get killed so easy if the player is an perfect sniper .......
So Pistol / Normal Shotgun must keep the same speed

The normal Speed of bullets is the best ..... Because It gives chance to the Fighter+Victim in same time

But if new guns get added OF COURSE speed must be Different between the types of guns
i Think Rifle Bullets should be faster
As real life Rifle has fast bullets

And Real life shotgun Shoots Bullets to multiple different directions .... But in CTF its similar to Rifle.....
So Real life shotgun can shoot Multiple targets so hmmmmmm......
( Guns suggestions ) : Could an DoubleHead Shotgun gets added ????
An Shotgun who can be used to shoot multiple targets ( Multiple bullets in Multiple directions So the shooter must be very close to the Victim )
DOUBLE Barrled Shotgun
Not a bad idea bec 1 Player who attacks An groupe of Ennemies Can use THAT as a powerful gun
NO AURA KILL RISKS : This Gun can t do multi Aura kill From away its hard to shoot An Target From away : player must be so close
( Stix i ReSize the image to Dont Cause any Bad actions to your browserphotos loader )

NINJA IRON STARS

An Beautiful Gun Could Cross the air so fast to effect the target !..... Player can shot 3 ninja stars in one time to effect an groupe of Ennemies ( Rare Object )

BINOCULARS

Player could use This item to see Ennemie From away : Screen Will get zoomed With Zoom Texture at screen to Can see Away-distances
Attachments
Webp.net-compress-image (4).jpg
Webp.net-compress-image (4).jpg (1.36 KiB) Viewed 704 times
90_16.jpg
90_16.jpg (1.14 KiB) Viewed 704 times
Webp.net-compress-image (3).jpg
Webp.net-compress-image (3).jpg (1.3 KiB) Viewed 704 times
Last edited by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ on Fri Sep 21, 2018 16:07, edited 1 time in total.