[Server] Capture the Flag Server

Mayonaise

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Mayonaise » Post

This is the best server! For me is making this kind of game really fun.
I can't connect for several hours. I tried manually and the list and it doesn't load.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

And i was banned becuz i switched team as the enemy was practically being spawnkilled? figures....

*EDIT: Ever wonder why ppl break that rule? Because it only benefits spawnkillers, which is something staff regard as a big issue, yet they enforce rules that promotes it.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Server's been down ever since last night for me.
What is SCP-055?

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

Stix wrote:And i was banned becuz i switched team as the enemy was practically being spawnkilled? figures....
I don't know what happened, but I trust the other moderators and admins judgement when it comes to wielding the ban hammer. You full well know that switching teams is against the rules, as it messes the game up and confuses everybody. You basically become a traitor to your original team, and just because someone else is breaking another rule such as spawn-killing doesn't give you permission to break rules as well.

I am assuming that you joined your enemies team to stop your original team from spawn-killing them. This is not a good way to solve this issue. There are plenty of moderators hanging around most of the time that are more then willing to help you.

For everyone who wants to know what to do when one team is getting completely spawn-killed, do /report <name> <Crime Committed> if there is a moderator in-game. They'll see the message, and if they're not too busy with other things they will investigate the person. If there's no moderator/admin in game, it is very likely there will be some on IRC. It's best to PM the moderators/admins, for most of the time they are AFK and too busy to watch the game chat which flies by at 80 MPH. This is easily done by doing /irc_msg <NAME> <MESSAGE> Tell the moderator the player's name and their supposed crime, and they will investigate the player when they have time.
Stix wrote: *EDIT: Ever wonder why ppl break that rule? Because it only benefits spawnkillers, which is something staff regard as a big issue, yet they enforce rules that promotes it.
I'm a little confused by what you mean by this sentence, but if I understand correctly you're saying that staff members are enforcing a rule ''No team switching'' That only benefits spawn-killers, thus people break it. Not true. Simply Speaking, the no team switching rule has nothing to do with spawn-killing. It's a rule that prevents confusion and frustration in the game. You want to know who your enemies are with certainty; if I kept switching between blue and red team I imagine some players would get quite annoyed.

Every staff member strongly discourages spawn-killing. They would not be a staff member if they thought spawn-killing was okay, they would be banned. The no team switching rule does not promote spawn-killing in any way, and saying it does is rather ridiculous.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Stix wrote:And i was banned becuz i switched team as the enemy was practically being spawnkilled? figures....

*EDIT: Ever wonder why ppl break that rule? Because it only benefits spawnkillers, which is something staff regard as a big issue, yet they enforce rules that promotes it.
To reply a rule breaking with another rule breaking, is never an answer. With your history of switching teams multiple times in the past, and been warned and banned about it before, you would think you would have learned by now that it's not worth the risk do that. So no, i am not surprised someone banned you, since you have done the same exact thing multiple times before... Moderators job is to make people follow the rules, they don't MAKE the rules, so you can't blame us really, we just doing our job.

Stix

by Stix » Post

DragonsVolcanoDance wrote: I'm a little confused by what you mean by this sentence, but if I understand correctly you're saying that staff members are enforcing a rule ''No team switching'' That only benefits spawn-killers, thus people break it. Not true. Simply Speaking, the no team switching rule has nothing to do with spawn-killing. It's a rule that prevents confusion and frustration in the game. You want to know who your enemies are with certainty; if I kept switching between blue and red team I imagine some players would get quite annoyed.

Every staff member strongly discourages spawn-killing. They would not be a staff member if they thought spawn-killing was okay, they would be banned. The no team switching rule does not promote spawn-killing in any way, and saying it does is rather ridiculous.
Im confused on how you can even say switching teams confuses the game, when your in a battle you don't need a nametag to identify their team, period. And wouldn't the fact that players are always leaving and joining be more confusing than that?

Oh, and anyone see this yet?:
Stix wrote:Here's a suggestion: what if teams where divided based on rankings? There could be "ranking-points" and the higher up on the rankings you are, the more ranking points you have, and the server could try to divide teams evenly based on these points.

Anyways, id like some feedback on this idea, so if you have a couple minutes to spare write me a reply!

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

People might take you more seriously if you spelled correctly.
What is SCP-055?

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Chem871 wrote:People might take you more seriously if you spelled correctly.
Hey now, let's not revert to personal attacks please. Keep the disagreements civil.
A Wonderful World

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Post

I never noticed that the server wasn't in the master list because I always have it in my favorites.

DragonsVolcanoDance

Stix wrote: Im confused on how you can even say switching teams confuses the game, when your in a battle you don't need a nametag to identify their team, period. And wouldn't the fact that players are always leaving and joining be more confusing than that?
I should have worded my earlier post differently. The bottom line is not whether Team Switching confuses the game or not. It's that you're being a traitor to your original team, and traitors and saboteurs are not welcome on this server.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Chem871 wrote:People might take you more seriously if you spelled correctly.
Where am i spelling incorrectly!? I admit I'm prone to make mistakes here and there, but i usually find them and correct them. Also what does spelling correctly have to do with any of this???

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Post

Stix wrote: Where am i spelling incorrectly!? I admit I'm prone to make mistakes here and there, but i usually find them and correct them. Also what does spelling correctly have to do with any of this???
The reason why people will take you (or anyone) less seriously if you spell things wrong is because it will make them think (and for understandable reasons) that you are very young and inexperienced.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Waterbug wrote:
Stix wrote: Where am i spelling incorrectly!? I admit I'm prone to make mistakes here and there, but i usually find them and correct them. Also what does spelling correctly have to do with any of this???
The reason why people will take you (or anyone) less seriously if you spell things wrong is because it will make them think (and for understandable reasons) that you are very young and inexperienced.
I am not young, nor am i inexperienced, tbh I'm just bad at typing, hence why i am prone to make mistakes. But usually i find these mistakes before i submit the post, plus ppl have still yet to point out where i am spelling wrong frequently.

DragonsVolcanoDance

Though Waterbug be half correct, it is not necessary to get worked up about misspellings. It is a petty issu and deos not mattr ad long ad evryone van uncerstand yoi. Agweed?

Stix

by Stix » Post

Since some ppl obviously didn't get a chance to see this before the next page was created (based on some ppl's posts) ill repost it here:
ANAND wrote:Until then, the following can be used to manually connect to the server:
  • Address: ctf.rubenwardy.com
  • Port: 30000
Last edited by Stix on Fri Jun 22, 2018 00:41, edited 1 time in total.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Post

I apologize, Stix.
What is SCP-055?

Stix

by Stix » Post

Chem871 wrote:I apologize, Stix.
No problem :D.

Oh and this just cracked me up:
DragonsVolcanoDance wrote:Though Waterbug be half correct, it is not necessary to get worked up about misspellings. It is a petty issu and deos not mattr ad long ad evryone van uncerstand yoi. Agweed?

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

Why is team switching even possible?

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

Stix, your wanting to put an end to the spawn-killing is appreciated, but why would you even need to switch teams for that? Just capturing the flag and ending the match would suffice...

csirolli: Gael-de-Sailly recently made a patch which locks a user to a team for the duration of a match, but it is restricted to that exact name only, and rejoining with a different user-name is a very simple workaround to team-locking. This is to prevent siblings and other such types of players from being locked to the same team just because they are connected from the same IP.
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

DragonsVolcanoDance

ANAND wrote:This is to prevent siblings and other such types of players from being locked to the same team just because they are connected from the same IP.
And it is to insure sibling battles! >:) *Unsheathes Sword* I'm coming to get ya Mr. Buggy Water!

Two minutes later: You died.

-_-

Stix

by Stix » Post

ANAND wrote:Stix, your wanting to put an end to the spawn-killing is appreciated, but why would you even need to switch teams for that? Just capturing the flag and ending the match would suffice...
I guess Ive never considered it an option, it just seems so cruel (unless they want you to end it like that), its always felt terrible to be spawnkilled without a chance, and just barely holding on to your flag by virtue of persistence, and then someone takes it away. Losing matches like that is really depressing, as you know that even tho you tried your best, the filthy enemy scumbags camping your base got their way in the end, and personally i don't want other players to have to deal with that...

DragonsVolcanoDance

People who camp in their enemies base and spawn-kill them are the losers, not the people being spawn-killed. They've broken the rules, and it's only a matter of time before they are banned.

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

I need to tell something important. After 19 minutes ago, we played the map Caverns. We try to get the flag but because I am confused I die everytime. After this everyone of my teammates gave up and the enemies trying to capture us.

If we all try to kill the enemies then all of our enemies died. It seemse like the enemies do spawnkill. I cannot see that, they just stand in the tunnel and it was so close. I can't kill somebody. I hope they get warned. I don't know who was the enemies. It was 22 minutes ago.

DragonsVolcanoDance

I was there, and nobody was being spawnkilled. :)

Stix

by Stix » Post

Perhaps the server could use this to help in the fight against lag?: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18951