[Server] Capture the Flag Server

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Waterbug » Post

I think we should keep apples and leave them the way they are; although med-kits would be a nice addition. Anyone who is thinking that apples should be removed entirely or dumbed down to such an extent that they are pretty much useless is probably making the false assumption that every map has lots of apples on it. Most maps will not have lots of apples on them and some can even have absolutely no apples on them. And even I am perfectly fine with fighting with no apples much of the time.

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ
In-game: SouperRayene10 CESTRayCRYSTAL

by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ » Post

Hmmm...
I Think We Should keep Apples for maps like : Bridge / coast of Nostalaiga
But on caverns Apples are rare inside the Chests
So i Think medkits should not replace Apples
But Medkits should be added to some maps who dont have Apples or who have Rare Apples :)
Like That Maps will be Balanced

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Waterbug wrote:I think we should keep apples and leave them the way they are; although med-kits would be a nice addition. Anyone who is thinking that apples should be removed entirely or dumbed down to such an extent that they are pretty much useless is probably making the false assumption that every map has lots of apples on it. Most maps will not have lots of apples on them and some can even have absolutely no apples on them. And even I am perfectly fine with fighting with no apples much of the time.
While i agree replacing apples is a terrible idea, nerfing them is not. And yes, i know you can't stand the thought about nerfing apples, but you have to understand most pro/decent players are sick of the apple situation and want them debuffed and sometimes even removed, and for good reason. And why should they be denied that because a nostalgic minority wants them the way they are?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Stix, exactly. Being forced to rely on a team member for a bandage would be an ideal replacement for apples, or at least a more team-friendly supplement to them.
What is SCP-055?

Stix

by Stix » Post

Chem871 wrote:Stix, exactly. Being forced to rely on a team member for a bandage would be an ideal replacement for apples, or at least a more team-friendly supplement to them.
Um, no. Who wants to be forced to rely on a teammate for healing, much less when you think about how the majority of players are noobs that hog everything and grief their own base. Until that's somehow changed adding bandages like that is a big no.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ wrote:Image
Thats really strange ! Just wanted to quote it because I feel it didn't receive enough attention, as you didn't insert the image in your post. Next time, maybe use the img-tag.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

Guys ??? No one is bored ??? Its Not the time for an NEW MAP ??
24/24 Hour old maps old maps old maps ....
Only caverns make Players happy .. or little bit bridge ..........
But All players knows the tactic of all maps because they tried them too much ....
Is that the time for an new map with New diffferent Difficults to explore ???

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

Guys ... Does CTF have Some EASTER EGGS ?
Some Secrets and Facts
That Player can go explore And Get Award by Solving them ? or Getting fun By Finding them ?
Some secrets who appear in rare times ???
Or Scary Horror Sounds that appear in Some cords Of Maps
Any EASTER EGG To upgrade the game Experience ?
Last edited by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ on Sat Sep 08, 2018 15:26, edited 12 times in total.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Stix wrote:Um, no. Who wants to be forced to rely on a teammate for healing, much less when you think about how the majority of players are noobs that hog everything and grief their own base. Until that's somehow changed adding bandages like that is a big no.
Actually, I have played a first-person shooter game where you have to rely on teammates to get healed and it worked very well.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Oh, and that picture two posts up is horrible.

I think it should be removed.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Waterbug wrote:
Stix wrote:Um, no. Who wants to be forced to rely on a teammate for healing, much less when you think about how the majority of players are noobs that hog everything and grief their own base. Until that's somehow changed adding bandages like that is a big no.
Actually, I have played a first-person shooter game where you have to rely on teammates to get healed and it worked very well.
But did it have as many hopeless players that do nothing but grief and hog there?

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

Guys i got an Report about some Hard cheats in Game :
There is an kind of players who Use VPN : To change IP adresse to Connect into the server and to get Into An Different team

The Player changes his IP adresse using VPN connexion to Create an new account
Then he use this account to See what His ennemie sees . to find his place and to kill him ...
If player dont use VPN he gonna Fall in the team of his first account
But if he Use VPN to Get an different IP he can get in Other Team and Find every player place ...
i Saw that on caverns ...... i dont want to say the player name who uses that : I was hiding Inside an hight Secret place then My ennemie directly find me and directly attacks me .... He never took an look or he never saw me going in

What i ask for is : Making server : Takes more informations than the IP adresse to Catch the player : Like windows version or Name of Wifi or Any information to catch his Secret account and to Directly add it in his same First Team ....... its annoying to See that an player in different team Know your place and Where you are to attacks you and to get your bounty or something else using an Different Minetest Window who has different IP adresse to enter into your team to find your place
Exemple about an VPN service ......
( Normal Player without VPN ) + ( USING The same IP ADRESSE ) + ( Joining the game using double minetest window ) = Getting into His first account Team
( The user of VPN ) = ( Getting AN different Secure IP adresse ) + ( Joining the game using double Minetest Window ) = The server will Detect the account as Different Player and he will automaticly place him on his ennemie Team Like that he will find his enemies places then he will use The First Account Who is Putted in the other team to Catch them
Or he can waste their Team Swords

Server must Not Only detect IP adresse : Server should collect some PC informations and compare between Those informations and Any Account on the server To Stop VPN cheats
Last edited by CESTRayCRYSTALwZ on Sat Sep 08, 2018 00:33, edited 8 times in total.

Stix

by Stix » Post

If somebody cheats then you should say their name...

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Stix wrote:But did it have as many hopeless players that do nothing but grief and hog there?
100% of the players there were either pros or trying, but even that being said, med-kits being hogged by hopeless noobs won't be any more annoying than any other items (such as swords, guns, and apples) being hogged by them. We will probably never be able to solve that problem, at least for most items.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Waterbug wrote:
Stix wrote:But did it have as many hopeless players that do nothing but grief and hog there?
100% of the players there were either pros or trying, but even that being said, med-kits being hogged by hopeless noobs won't be any more annoying than any other items (such as swords, guns, and apples) being hogged by them. We will probably never be able to solve that problem, at least for most items.
Yes it will be more annoying, because you would need someone to heal you, and if you get a medpack but have no helpful/decent players on your team (happens a lot) the medpack goes to waste!

Stix

by Stix » Post

[Discussion] It would improve CTF a lot if non-contributors were automatically kicked in the same way afk'ers are. Please post your ideas on how to detect it.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Also i should say that it's stupid (no offence) to ask someone to spy on players information (theoretically speaking) just to get rid of rule-breakers...

I'd also like to ask the obvious question: do you have any evidence that support your claims, and if so then what?

cautiouspotato
GitHub: no
IRC: no
In-game: no

by cautiouspotato » Post

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ wrote:Guys i got an Report about some Hard cheats in Game :
There is an kind of players who Use VPN : To change IP adresse to Connect into the server and to get Into An Different team

The Player changes his IP adresse using VPN connexion to Create an new account
Then he use this account to See what His ennemie sees . to find his place and to kill him ...
If player dont use VPN he gonna Fall in the team of his first account
But if he Use VPN to Get an different IP he can get in Other Team and Find every player place ...
i Saw that on caverns ...... i dont want to say the player name who uses that : I was hiding Inside an hight Secret place then My ennemie directly find me and directly attacks me .... He never took an look or he never saw me going in

What i ask for is : Making server : Takes more informations than the IP adresse to Catch the player : Like windows version or Name of Wifi or Any information to catch his Secret account and to Directly add it in his same First Team ....... its annoying to See that an player in different team Know your place and Where you are to attacks you and to get your bounty or something else using an Different Minetest Window who has different IP adresse to enter into your team to find your place
Exemple about an VPN service ......
( Normal Player without VPN ) + ( USING The same IP ADRESSE ) + ( Joining the game using double minetest window ) = Getting into His first account Team
( The user of VPN ) = ( Getting AN different Secure IP adresse ) + ( Joining the game using double Minetest Window ) = The server will Detect the account as Different Player and he will automaticly place him on his ennemie Team Like that he will find his enemies places then he will use The First Account Who is Putted in the other team to Catch them
Or he can waste their Team Swords

Server must Not Only detect IP adresse : Server should collect some PC informations and compare between Those informations and Any Account on the server To Stop VPN cheats

This is an absolutely terrible idea , do you even know how online privacy works? Having the server store extra information about the machine a client joins from is utter stupidity.

Stix wrote:While i agree replacing apples is a terrible idea, nerfing them is not. And yes, i know you can't stand the thought about nerfing apples, but you have to understand most pro/decent players are sick of the apple situation and want them debuffed and sometimes even removed, and for good reason. And why should they be denied that because a nostalgic minority wants them the way they are?
The medkits are essentially a debuffed apple: it heals you but it takes a bit of time so you can't just spam them during a fight.
And whether or not apples are removed is not decided yet, we are trying out medkits as a possible alternative, till medkits are playtested we wont know if they are good or not.

That is just cringe, never do this again:
Guys ... Does CTF have Some EASTER EGGS ?
Some Secrets and Facts That Player can go explore And Get Award by Solving them ? or Getting fun By Finding them ?
Some secrets who appear in rare times ???
Or Scary Horror Sounds that appear in Some cords Of Maps
Any EASTER EGG To upgrade the game Experience ?
CTF is an arcade style game, adding fluff will IMO ruin it.

And do delete that disgusting image now, CESTRayCRYSTALwZ
no

LMD

by LMD » Post

Theres nothing you can do about VPNs.
However, I suggest rubenwardy to clean up the logs, eg unimportant LOG messages shouldnt be logged anymore. That would make the logs easier to read.
Also, the logs should be one logfile for each day.
They should be chronologically ordered.
What should be logged :
With "player", also always save the team.
- player joins team x
- player chats
- player invokes command
- player drops item at pos x
- player picks up item at pos x
- player takes item from team chest
- player takes item from treasure chest at pos x
- player at pos x kills player at pos y (necessary to detect spawnkilling) using item z. The killed player drops the following items a,b,c...
- player sprints from pos to pos
- player places block at pos(but in a compact format, if possible)
- player removes block at pos(compact, too)
- player uses apple(s)
- player dies through falling at pos x
- player dies through node damage per second at pos x (lava)
- each minute, how far each player moved, in a compact format, and only if they ran at least a distance of 20 blocks

Those logs should greatly help to improve the possibilites of finding cheaters/hoggers/hackers.
It's simply not possible to build a good hogging/hacking/cheating detection.
(Although your anti cheat worked quite well against a certain cheat...)
However, you should consider reducing player inventory size.
Last edited by LMD on Sat Sep 08, 2018 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

Stix

by Stix » Post

No! Asking a admin to not log server chat is a big no. Without it as proof if you weren't able to get a screenshot or no staff are online then random player x could get away with swearing, heavy insults, and worse...

Stix

by Stix » Post

cautiouspotato wrote:
Stix wrote:While i agree replacing apples is a terrible idea, nerfing them is not. And yes, i know you can't stand the thought about nerfing apples, but you have to understand most pro/decent players are sick of the apple situation and want them debuffed and sometimes even removed, and for good reason. And why should they be denied that because a nostalgic minority wants them the way they are?
The medkits are essentially a debuffed apple: it heals you but it takes a bit of time so you can't just spam them during a fight.
And whether or not apples are removed is not decided yet, we are trying out medkits as a possible alternative, till medkits are playtested we wont know if they are good or not.
What i don't like about them is you can't use them during the fight! This might seem weird to come from me, but i actually like apple-spamming in the game, as long as you cant use too many at once. That is why i personally think it would be best to use a cooldown timer: if you eat 8 or more apples real fast you have to wait before using them again, but if you manage them slower you won't have to wait.

cautiouspotato
GitHub: no
IRC: no
In-game: no

by cautiouspotato » Post

Well that is another possible implementation, suggest it to ANAND.
no

CESTRayCRYSTALwZ

Making And mouse right Click To Zoom for : Rifle Gun Is impossible ? ... Its looks Boring to Snipe using Simple screen ( + ) to Shoot Persons
And Players Dont have Zoom priv to can Make screen size bigger to Can Snipe....
CTF Will never get Gun update to can Right-Click Zoom ??
Some Arcade games have the Sniper Scope ..... Why Does CTF Refuse it ?

LMD

by LMD » Post

Stix wrote:No! Asking a admin to not log server chat is a big no. Without it as proof if you weren't able to get a screenshot or no staff are online then random player x could get away with swearing, heavy insults, and worse...
My propsosal clearly states that chat should be logged :
LMD wrote: What should be logged :
[...]
player chats
However, I found out what could've made you think I meant chat shouldn't be logged :
LMD wrote:[...]unimportant messages shouldnt be logged anymore[...]
I didnt mean "chat messages", I meant Minetest log messages, such as "function x is deprecated", or "too much objects at position x, deleting all of them", which often spam logs.

It turns out I clearly have to improve my English...

Stix

by Stix » Post

LMD wrote:
Stix wrote:No! Asking a admin to not log server chat is a big no. Without it as proof if you weren't able to get a screenshot or no staff are online then random player x could get away with swearing, heavy insults, and worse...
My propsosal clearly states that chat should be logged :
LMD wrote: What should be logged :
[...]
player chats
However, I found out what could've made you think I meant chat shouldn't be logged :
LMD wrote:[...]unimportant messages shouldnt be logged anymore[...]
I didnt mean "chat messages", I meant Minetest log messages, such as "function x is deprecated", or "too much objects at position x, deleting all of them", which often spam logs.

It turns out I clearly have to improve my English...
Ah srry, i misunderstood.