[Server] Capture the Flag Server

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by Lone_Wolf » Post

bomberman wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 21:35
banned for mentioning the name of a player who violated the rules - is this normal?))
No, I think you're missing something?

I've checked just now and it looks like you were unbanned a few months ago through an sban glitch caused by me not updating it correctly, you're re-banned now.
bomberman wrote:
last time banned for a historical picture with a red flag over the reichstag in the discord. what other reason can you think of?
Right, wrong, or uncontroversial, your (off)topics don't belong in the game or CTF community.
The rules were defined, if you don't follow them you shouldn't be surprised when you get banned.
We sometimes consider ban appeals, but your sour attitude (intentional or not) is currently getting in the way of that
bomberman wrote:
waiting for a response in the spirit of "racist"
Your ban reason is Repeatedly starting controversial topics and racism on Discord and in-game
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Hello_death
GitHub: Hello-death
IRC: Hello-death
In-game: riptiderazor

by Hello_death » Post

Hi
PLease fix mcl5 tridents :,,(

bomberman

by bomberman » Post

bomberman wrote:
waiting for a response in the spirit of "racist"
Your ban reason is Repeatedly starting controversial topics and racism on Discord and in-game
[/quote]
it was two years ago, for the demonstration of the red flag)) Image i am pleased, it perfectly demonstrates the attitude towards dissidents

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Halloween Event!

• Dig pumpkins to earn points towards unlocking a special cosmetic hat!
  • The game textures have been changed, and an unusual amount of ghost sightings have been reported.

Code: Select all

ctf.rubenwardy.com : 30001
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

W3RQ01
GitHub: W3RQ01
In-game: Dario23 or W3RQ01

Ban appeal and the problem of this server

by W3RQ01 » Post

Someone banned me for "swearing, inappropriate behaviour, spamming reports etc etc..." and i don't see where i did that stuff.

Since here everyone considers himself the best player and/or the admin i'd like to talk to the true admins (if there are any since this server doesn't seem to have competent staff) for the appeal of the ban.

And if you are wondering, no i'm not a new player, i'm not a hacker and i'm not rule breaking player. Sometimes i may be a bit harsh with rule breaking players and with hackers but because they deserve it. I am one of the historic players (i play here since early 2017) but for some unknown reason to everyone, my accounts was resetted 6 TIMES. In the time the server received more and more players but the server is still managed like in 2017 when there was 5 players online if it was a good day. I sometimes spam reports because there isn't any real moderator on the server, even when there are 30+ players. You ask for a mod? 90% of the times none replies.

With the time i learned how to understand if someone has hacks or not and you might be surprised because a lot have tracers or something that tells where opponents are! Don't be surprised if you get killed by someone that is not looking at you and is not even touching the mouse because you just got killed by kill aura! Did you get killed by someone in less than half a second? Well don't be surprised because that is autoclicker! Are you a good pvpier because you never miss the hitbox? Well don't be surprised if you get killed by someone that stands still and just moves his hand. You can report those things but you need proofs even if everyone reports that player; you need proofs even for something that can't be prooven unless you are a veteran of CTF or a veteran of pvp. Want more? Do you know that the matchmaking system is completely broken? Yes! Don't be surprised if you are alone on a team and the opponent team has 5 players, it's normal, everything is fine.

In the last month i experienced the most awful time here, new players do not have respect for CTF legends and old players. When you say something like "why you where trash yesterday" you get harrassed by kids that do not know english and try to insult you with what they know... Also, if it wasn't enough, i sometimes got teleported to random places of the map, sometimes even when i had the flag and weirdly, most of the times i was teleported to height map limit (that means that i die when i land).

This server has serious problems and i'm not the only one that says it. This management is making the CTF lore die and is getting replaced by a stupid, insulse and not true etiquette of: "the Hack2Win server"

Am I harsh with this post? Yes but it's deserved
Is what is written here true? Yes it is, some may disagree on some parts but everything is true (unfortunatly)
Do i recommend join this server? If you like pvp yes but you'll have to deal with this reality

Thx for reading.

P.S. who does not have discord (like me) is basically cut off from polls and other stuff which i find this quite annoying
OneUnitedPower

Lone_Wolf

Re: Ban appeal and the problem of this server

by Lone_Wolf » Post

W3RQ01 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 17:13
Someone banned me for "swearing, inappropriate behaviour, spamming reports etc etc..." and i don't see where i did that stuff.
I'm not the one that banned you, but I can show you your reports spam, which is really unhelpful and annoying.
W3RQ01 wrote:
Since here everyone considers himself the best player and/or the admin i'd like to talk to the true admins (if there are any since this server doesn't seem to have competent staff) for the appeal of the ban.
I have linked your appeal to the admins
W3RQ01 wrote:
but for some unknown reason to everyone, my accounts was resetted 6 TIMES.
account or rankings? We've had a few ranked resets in the past, to clean out old players that are no longer playing, and to account for changes in the score rewards.
W3RQ01 wrote:
In the time the server received more and more players but the server is still managed like in 2017 when there was 5 players online if it was a good day. I sometimes spam reports because there isn't any real moderator on the server, even when there are 30+ players. You ask for a mod? 90% of the times none replies.
Welcome to the world of open source projects, where none of the developers or staff are paid.
Enjoy/be patient with what you have, or move on.
W3RQ01 wrote:
Did you get killed by someone in less than half a second? Well don't be surprised because that is autoclicker!
Autoclickers don't work, the server reduces dealt damage based on the time between your hits.
W3RQ01 wrote:
You can report those things but you need proofs even if everyone reports that player
Proof is required with hacking reports because the top players get reported multiple times by a wide range of players while they're playing. We don't want to ban all of our top players, or the ones that are playing really well that day.
W3RQ01 wrote:
Do you know that the matchmaking system is completely broken? Yes! Don't be surprised if you are alone on a team and the opponent team has 5 players
It's still being worked on, thanks for the report
W3RQ01 wrote:
When you say something like "why you where trash yesterday" you get harrassed by kids that do not know english and try to insult you with what they know....
I'd recommend not calling players trash. Negativity begets negativity, and doubles the amount of work staff have to do.
W3RQ01 wrote:
Also, if it wasn't enough, i sometimes got teleported to random places of the map, sometimes even when i had the flag and weirdly, most of the times i was teleported to height map limit (that means that i die when i land).
Nobody else has reported this issue. I'll need more info to fix it
W3RQ01 wrote:
P.S. who does not have discord (like me) is basically cut off from polls and other stuff which i find this quite annoying
I could do ingame polls but they're too easy to cheat by voting with alts, so they would have hardly any influence on things

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 14:55
account or rankings? We've had a few ranked resets in the past, to clean out old players that are no longer playing, and to account for changes in the score rewards.
I know, my account was resetted 6 times + the resets that everyone received. Reason?
Welcome to the world of open source projects, where none of the developers or staff are paid.
Doesn't matter if it's paid or not you have to garantee moderator surveillance on the server, at least there must be a moderator online 24/7 in this server since it has so much players on it. Don't blame the opensource thing when is your (as the mod team) faults. You do not have enough stuff? Well ask old players if they want to be mod. It's not that hard.
It's still being worked on, thanks for the report
You might make something based on player count + ranking position so you associate strong players with weak players.
W3RQ01 wrote:
Also, if it wasn't enough, i sometimes got teleported to random places of the map, sometimes even when i had the flag and weirdly, most of the times i was teleported to height map limit (that means that i die when i land).
Nobody else has reported this issue. I'll need more info to fix it
There is not really much to say: someone (can't be something) teleports me to height limit in strange places of the map (sometimes even in enemy territory). Somehow it always happens when i am near enemy base or i have the flag.
I could do ingame polls but they're too easy to cheat by voting with alts, so they would have hardly any influence on things
Just do them on the forum page or make a wiki with mediawiki like LinuxForks did (https://li-fo.de)

Also i'd like to make new maps for CTF. I have minetest 5.4.1 what do i have to do?
OneUnitedPower

Hello_death
GitHub: Hello-death
IRC: Hello-death
In-game: riptiderazor

by Hello_death » Post

@Lone_Wolf you said :"Autoclickers don't work, the server reduces dealt damage based on the time between your hits.".
Does this mean that if i drag-click the damage my hit does is reduced?
PLease fix mcl5 tridents :,,(

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

W3RQ01 wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 15:59
I know, my account was resetted 6 times + the resets that everyone received. Reason?
I've only ever reset a player's rankings when asked to transfer their rankings to a new account, and needed to clear the rankings of their old account to prevent duplication
W3RQ01 wrote:
Doesn't matter if it's paid or not you have to garantee moderator surveillance on the server, at least there must be a moderator online 24/7 in this server since it has so much players on it. Don't blame the opensource thing when is your (as the mod team) faults. You do not have enough stuff? Well ask old players if they want to be mod. It's not that hard.
What we have now is currently the best we can do. I'm not going to promote players for the sake of having more moderators.
W3RQ01 wrote:
Just do them on the forum page or make a wiki with mediawiki like LinuxForks did (https://li-fo.de)
I forgot about the forum poll feature, I'll look into that...
W3RQ01 wrote:
Also i'd like to make new maps for CTF. I have minetest 5.4.1 what do i have to do?
This has the steps: https://github.com/MT-CTF/capturethefla ... -map-maker
You can ask any further questions you have here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19729

Hello_death wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:17
@Lone_Wolf you said :"Autoclickers don't work, the server reduces dealt damage based on the time between your hits.".
Does this mean that if i drag-click the damage my hit does is reduced?
Maybe, 0.00001 seconds between hits should be less than or equal to the DPS of 0.5 seconds between hits.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

if you are banned (like me (bm5 i suspect i made to many alts ) ) then just go make your own ctf server or play on a different one there is one really nice one with modern guns :D

or go play on my bad server named ezdotnet to appeal to gostuid in particular (how many times are im going to rename this server : YES )
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

c56 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 22:03
if you are banned (like me (bm5 i suspect i made to many alts ) ) then just go make your own ctf server or play on a different one there is one really nice one with modern guns :D

or go play on my bad server named ezdotnet to appeal to gostuid in particular (how many times are im going to rename this server : YES )
A ton of alts is allowed. Just not ones with inappropriate names.

c56

by c56 » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 22:08
c56 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 22:03

A ton of alts is allowed. Just not ones with inappropriate names.
ok

(note to self to use markers to respond to people using markers to say "your g** instead of using alts )
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

c56 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 22:29
(note to self to use markers to respond to people using markers to say "your g** instead of using alts )
Use /report and move on

c56

by c56 » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 00:14
c56 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 22:29
Use /report and move on
ok
i will on my own server :D

W3RQ01

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Halloween!)

by W3RQ01 » Post

Also since i want to let you know the problems, i want to point out that the rules are not precise and most of the times are interpreted (wrongly).

These are the current rules:

1. No swearing, dating, or other inappriopriate behaviour..
2. Don't be a cheater. No hacked clients.
3. Don't excessively spawnkill. Some spawn killing to stop players chasing
        the flag bearer is OK, but hogging the flag and repeatedly killing
        the same players definitely isn't.
4. Don't be a traitor. Don't:
    a. Dig blocks in your base to make it less secure or
       to trap team mates on purpose.
    b. Help the other team win.
    c. Change teams.
5. Don't impersonate other community members
6. Moderator decisions are final.
Here are my changes that will resolve most (if not all) of the current rules:

1. No swearing, No asking of personal information, Do not insult/offend players, Respect everyone especially old players, they might help you getting better
2. Cheaters are not welcomed. No hacked clients or any type of any cheats.
3. No spawnkilling. Spawnkilling is defined when more than 5 players gets killed by the a player (or more) that are inside or near enemy base or when players are getting repeatedly sniped by a shooter camping somewhere. It is allowed in the following cases:
     a. During an attack: you are allowed to kill repeatedly some enemies in the way to take the flag, when you have the flag, leave and run as your attack has finished and now you need to keep the flag.
     b. If the player is more than 20 blocks of distance from the base, knights and medics can kill the enemy, shooter can't (read rule 4).
4. No excessive camping and no repeated sniping, you can't play an entire match sniping people; it just makes players angry and it shows that you are just a coward, go kill people that tries to enter the base instead.
5. Don't be a traitor. Don't:
    a. Dig blocks in your base to make it less secure or
       to trap team mates on purpose.
    b. Help the other team win.
6. Do not abuse of pro chest, everyone must be able to see and use all the items in chest
7. Do not makes advantage of block glitches
8. Do not make too much alt accounts (max 3) and do not impersonate other community members
9. Do not abuse of any type of privilege/power that you have with other players.
10. If someone does not follow the rules you must report it with the /report command
I want to point out also that:
1) old player =/= hard player to defeat but old player = experienced player
2) i think that pro chest should be removed and replaced by some cosmetic stuff instead
3) shotgun should be patched
4) magnum should be removed and shooter rifle damage should be increased a little bit when used in sniper mode
5) disable the use of medikits and apples while glitched inside blocks and in water
6) equalize sprint speed for everyone and make medics have longer duration
7) knights should receive less damage when hit with a gun ( it's protected by an armor)
8) moderators must be always online, at least one but it's not acceptable anymore to not have a moderator online when there are +30 players on
9) introduce a map voting system like wreckfest (we play the map with more votes)
10) some maps needs additions and some needs to be removed (imo)

Thx for reading
OneUnitedPower

LissoBone
GitHub: LissoBone
IRC: lissobone
In-game: marsuh228

by LissoBone » Post

Greetings, friends, pals, sisters and comrades.

It appears that I was falsely banned for "ban evasion". I never attempted to create an account over any proxy or VPN, and 'lissobone' is my only account on that server. I was also never banned there before, so this is definitely a false ban. Thank you for assistance in advance.
cdb_bf9f8de40ae0

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

LissoBone wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 13:01
Greetings, friends, pals, sisters and comrades.

It appears that I was falsely banned for "ban evasion". I never attempted to create an account over any proxy or VPN, and 'lissobone' is my only account on that server. I was also never banned there before, so this is definitely a false ban. Thank you for assistance in advance.
Yep, that was a mistake, you are unbanned now. Thanks for letting us know

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

W3RQ01 wrote:
Somebody feels entitled.
What is SCP-055?

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

Chem871 wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 22:00
W3RQ01 wrote:
Somebody feels entitled.
What do you mean?
OneUnitedPower

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Multiple Modes!)

by Chem871 » Post

Players angry_hd1 and nasm have both spoken about topics you really shouldn't.
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-11-11_19-18-59.png
Screenshot_2022-11-11_19-18-59.png (112.48 KiB) Viewed 3644 times
What is SCP-055?

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Chem871 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 00:22
Players angry_hd1 and nasm have both spoken about topics you really shouldn't.
Dealt with.

You should use /report to report things like that. Staff are more likely to see it, and it doesn't flood this forum topic

Friend_1
GitHub: Friend-1
IRC: Friend 1
In-game: Friend_1 and sometimes Friend-1

Ban appeal

by Friend_1 » Post

Hey CTF community!

So I was recently banned today and I wanted to appeal pretty badly because the game is pretty fun. I’m also pretty new to the Minetest Forums so could someone please tell me who to send a DM for my ban appeal? Should I send it to rubenwardy?

Cya

Lone_Wolf

Re: Ban appeal

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Friend_1 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 06:48
Hey CTF community!

So I was recently banned today and I wanted to appeal pretty badly because the game is pretty fun. I’m also pretty new to the Minetest Forums so could someone please tell me who to send a DM for my ban appeal? Should I send it to rubenwardy?

Cya
Ban appeals should be DMed to me, I've sent you a message

itsnotgibberish
In-game: notitsnotgibberish or itsnotgibberish

by itsnotgibberish » Post

I would like to transfer my score from the account itsnotgibberish to my account now, notitsnotgibberish.
proof that I own both accounts:

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

itsnotgibberish wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 01:32
I would like to transfer my score from the account itsnotgibberish to my account now, notitsnotgibberish.
proof that I own both accounts:
Transferring rankings will erase the rankings on the receiving end.