[Server] Capture the Flag Server

A newbie killed you
In-game: Warthog and other names

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by A newbie killed you » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 23:24
You were banned for breaking the rules, and your excuses for some of your rulebreaking was "But the rules formspec wasn't shown to me when I joined" (Highly doubt that, you admitted it was shown to other accounts too) so the existence of a rule against ban evading wouldn't have stopped you anyway.
Just wanna tell, yesterday when i made new acc the rules didnt show up, really wierd, its third time it happend
Got the most powerful handgun in capture the flag, and it would blow your head clean off, youve got to ask yourself one question - Do I feel lucky?

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Google 'how to use git on <Your OS>' (If you're on Windows then replace <Your OS> with 'Windows'
Just wanna tell, yesterday when i made new acc the rules didnt show up, really wierd, its third time it happend
I guess I'll direct you to the rules tab in your inv then
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Git for windows: tortoisegit + gitforwindows
(Its only a hint. It is not adverticing or anything else)
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Post

A newbie killed you wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 22:14
Waterbug wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 01:01
My internet is currently 3 Mbps download speed and 1 Mbps upload speed. And on top of that I have about 5 other people in my house using it most of the time. I suppose I could try upgrading but I don't know if that will help.
You should defenitly upgrade, and at least use 2G, 3G or 4G network if there are, i have no lag but my computer is fried potatos. Windows have lower upload/download mbps i think, but i think if you have 5 guys connected to your local that would be many lag spikes, tought of using usb modem?

Sometimes when ive been connected for a long time i start lagging, sometimes when the server is full i lag, but when bug says hes laggy im not. Well, i recommend you to install ubuntustudio on a usb drive and then use that when it gets laggy, it might help

But my network is enough, i got 12 mbps on my network card and 150 on my modem (downtime)
I should mention that I already have the best internet available in my area for online gaming. The only other options in my area are either less Mbps/sec, wireless connections, or satellite connections; the latter 2 being no good for online gaming do to inconsistency and/or high latency. I could get a gaming router, which would prioritize gaming packets over other packets, but that would seriously annoy everyone else in my house whenever I gamed because they would get pretty much no connection.

I used to not lag much years ago when I first played CTF because the server had less lag then, people in my house weren't using the internet as much then, and we had a Netgear router (it might have been a gaming router) that we don't have anymore.

That all being said I don't think there is really much I can do currently to get a better connection. So I am just waiting for the future in the hopes that better internet plans will come to my area.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

By the way I made a video of what it's like to play with insane lag. I'll post it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSU4fFnHjJg

The video is 11 minutes long so you guys don't have to watch the whole thing if you don't want to.

A newbie killed you

I think the problem is that your computer is far away from the router and dont got full signal, try to put the router near your computer or in same room, i had bad signal a few days ago and then it looked like yout video. It cant be anything else

There are some cheap chinese crap you can buy, and if it dont work im sure there are some kind or warranty

If it is more then 10 meters to your router or many walls the signal is decreasing, and then you will have lower up/downtime

My cousin Froggy_ has same problem as you, he told me this
Last edited by A newbie killed you on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
Got the most powerful handgun in capture the flag, and it would blow your head clean off, youve got to ask yourself one question - Do I feel lucky?

A newbie killed you

I checked ban on my warthog acc, and the ban has changed, idk why

A newbie killed you

I should been unbanned 1 / 8 12 PM, so you have to do it manually

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:28
I checked ban on my warthog acc, and the ban has changed, idk why
I should been unbanned 1 / 8 12 PM, so you have to do it manually
The ban looks fine to me

To quote you:
Lone wolf i can answer right now im not reading or following rules
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:26
I think the problem is that your computer is far away from the router and dont got full signal, try to put the router near your computer or in same room, i had bad signal a few days ago and then it looked like yout video. It cant be anything else

There are some cheap chinese crap you can buy, and if it dont work im sure there are some kind or warranty

If it is more then 10 meters to your router or many walls the signal is decreasing, and then you will have lower up/downtime

My cousin Froggy_ has same problem as you, he told me this
Dude, I have a cat6 Ethernet cable running from my router to my computer.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

I don't understand why I get this every time I download a fresh copy of the CTF game and try to run it on my computer.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

You need to recursively clone, using git

Code: Select all

git clone --recursive https://github.com/MT-CTF/capturetheflag
or

git submodule update --init
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

The classes in this game are currently not well balanced. So I have a list of suggestions to make things better.
I will state each suggestion in this post in bold font and then state my thoughts about why I think the change should be made after each suggestion.
As you read through these suggestions, it may seem like I am trying to get rid of the differences between the classes (and therefore defeat the purpose of the classes), but I am not. I am only trying to get rid of differences that are causing severe imbalance and replace them with more subtle differences that will not be likely to create such horrible imbalance. It is better to fix the things that we already have than to add more stuff.
The reason why I am posting this here and not on github is because I cannot sign up on github. github will not accept my email address.
Make it so that all classes can use steel swords
Currently only Knights can use steel swords (and they have 30 hp); this makes it so that you have pretty much no chance if you are a non-Knight and you run into a Knight face to face. This is not good. I think that you should be able to have a fair fighting chance no matter what class you are.

Make it so that if a Knight picks up an extra steel sword(s) that they can drop it or put it in the team-chest, but cannot drop their initial steel sword that they spawned with
This is to prevent steel swords picked up by Knights from vanishing down the black hole of "You're not allowed to drop class items!"

Make it so that only Knights can use mese and diamond swords
This would be a more logical approach than non-Knight classes being able to use mese and diamond swords but not being able to use steel swords.
A good thing to do with this change is to make it so that if you are not a Knight, then you cannot have mese or diamond swords in your hot-bar, but you can have them anywhere else in your pack. This will prevent inexperienced players from trying to use mese and diamond swords and getting killed because they were not a Knight.

Reduce Knight's health back to 20 hp
30 hp just makes the Knight way stronger than the other classes and unfair.

Increase Knight's speed back to normal
With all classes being able to use steel swords and Knights having 20 hp, a speed nerf will not be needed.

Make it so that Knight's health regenerates twice as fast as other classes
This would be a good alternative to having more health. This way, the Knight would be able to fight more often than other classes because their health would regenerate faster, but they would not have an unfair advantage over other classes in a fight.

Make it so that you can craft steel swords again
It will need to be possible for non-Knight classes to acquire steel swords if they are to be able to use them.

Make it so that steel swords can be found in treasure-chests again
Same reason as previous suggestion.

Make it so that Knights can only sprint for 5 seconds?
This would be a good, subtle alternative to -10% speed. This way, Knights would be just as fast as other classes; they just won't be able to sustain a full sprint for as long.

Make Sharpshooters spawn with a pistol and 5 ammo packs
This way, Sharpshooters will always have a gun and ammo so they will always be able to shoot you.

Make it so that Sharpshooters cannot drop the initial pistol or ammo packs that they spawn with or put them in the team-chest
This is to prevent abuse. but if a Sharpshooter picks up any pistols or ammo other than the pistol and ammo that they spawned with, they should be able to drop those or put them in the team-chest.

Decrease Sharpshooter's shooting speed and shooting range back to normal
A class that spawns with a gun and ammo, can use steel swords, and has just as much hp as any other class will not need these advantages.

Make it so that only Sharpshooters can use sniper rifles
This will make it so that Sharpshooters will be the only class that can snipe you; and only if they find a sniper rifle (since they don't spawn with one).

Remove grappling guns
Same reason as two suggestions ago.

Make it so that all classes can use rifles
Making it so that only Sharpshooters could use this weapon really never made a difference.

Make it so that rifles can be found in treasure-chests again
If no class spawns with them, then this will be needed.

Decrease Medic speed back to normal
Medics that can use steel swords will not need this advantage.

Make it so that medics do not cause nearby team-mates to heal faster
I think just being able to bandage team-mates is quite medical enough for Medics; especially if they can use steel swords, otherwise they will be too strong.

Make it so that bandages heal 2 hp instead of 3 to 4 hp
Because Medics are probably still too strong.

Make it so that only Medics can use bandages
Knights will have something that only they can use (mese and diamond swords), Sharpshooters will have something that only they can use (sniper rifles); so bandages can be the thing that only Medics can use.

Make it so that bandages can heal up to full health
Something to bring Medics to perfection.

Remove Sniper class
The Sniper class makes it too easy to acquire sniper rifles. Sniper rifles should be hard to find because they are very powerful guns (like shotguns and SMGs).

Add Builder class
This could be a good replacement for the Sniper class.

Use old red and blue sam skin for the Builder class
This is a good skin and it would be nice if it is used for one of the classes. I think it would be a very fitting skin for Builders.

Make Builder class spawn with steel tools (but no steel sword), and 1 or 2 stacks of blocks (cobble and/or wood)
This would be fitting starter gear for a Builder.

Make it so that only Builders can use mese and diamond tools (picks, axes, and shovels) but not mese and diamond swords.
To make it so that Builders will actually have an advantage over other classes when it comes to mining/building.

Make it much harder to dig blocks by hand (such as dirt, wood planks, leaves, and things like that)
To give Builders further advantage in the area of mining/building

Make it so that Builders take less damage when they dig enemy damage cobble?
I am suggesting all these buffs for the Builder class because Builders will probably have no combat related buffs like the Knight, Sharpshooter, and Medic do.

Make it so that Builders cannot drop their initial tools and blocks that they spawn with or put them in the team-chest
Also to prevent abuse.

Increase the cool-down for changing classes to 300 seconds or longer
Another change to prevent abuse. 30 seconds just isn't long enough. This cooldown maybe should even be increased to the duration of the entire match.

Add a "Refill" button to the class form-spec at the flag
To make it so that you can get a refill of your initial items without having to change classes. For example: if you are a Knight, you would get your steel sword restored to full health; if you are a Sharpshooter, you would get restored back to a full pistol and 5 ammo packs; if you are a Medic, you would get restored back to 50 bandages; if you are a Builder, you would get your initial tools and blocks restored. This "Refill" button should have a cool-down of at least 60 seconds (perhaps 300 seconds or more if the class changing cool-down is increased to the duration of the match).

--End suggestions--

Here is what Capture the Flag would look like if all these suggestions get implemented
There will be four classes (Knight, Sharpshooter, Medic, and Builder). Each class will have equal hp and speed but will spawn with different items. Each class will have a different item(s) that only that class can use. If you just changed class, you will have to wait a long time (at least 5 minutes) before you can change class again. You will not be able to drop the initial items that your class spawns with or put them into the team-chest. But you will be able to drop or put into the team-chest any extra items you happen to collect. Each class will be able to maintain their class-advantages over other classes by using the "Refill" button at the flag every so often.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Here is another list of suggestions that could improve CTF game-play. The suggestions I will make in this post should work well with the ones in my previous post.
Make sure to read the post before this one before reading this post.

Make it so that bronze tools (including swords) can be crafted again
What happened to bronze tools? Besides, bronze tools aren't exactly the same as steel tools; they dig slower.

Make it so that bronze tools (including swords) can be found in treasure-chests
So that players won't need to waste their time mining for tools that are harder to craft than steel tools and not as good.

Make it so that mese and diamond tools (including swords) can be found in treasure-chests
Because why not? This would make the game more interesting.

Make it so that stone swords can be crafted again
So that if a player ever has a reason to craft one, they can.

Decrease full punch interval of stone sword
Stone swords are currently too under-powered.

Make steel swords more expensive to craft
So that a player cannot just mine 99 steel and make infinite swords for their team. Making them require 4 or 5 ingots instead of 2 would be one way to do it.

Make it so that the original grenades can be found in treasure-chests again
Why were these taken out? It's almost impossible to kill someone with the new grenades.

I have an enhanced treasure-generation algorithm right here:

ctf_treasure = {}

function ctf_treasure.get_default_treasures()
	return {
		{ "default:ladder",          0.128, 0, {  1, 99 } },
		{ "default:torch",           0.512, 0, {  1, 9 } },
		{ "default:cobble",          0.512, 0, { 1, 99 } },
		{ "default:wood",            0.256, 0, { 1, 99 } },
		{ "doors:door_steel",        0.064, 0, {  1,  9 } },
		{ "ctf_traps:damage_cobble", 0.064, 0, { 1, 99 } },

{ "default:sword_bronze",    0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:sword_steel", 0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:sword_mese",    0.016, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:sword_diamond",    0.008, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:pick_bronze",    0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:pick_steel",   0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:pick_mese",    0.016, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:pick_diamond",    0.008, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:axe_bronze",    0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:axe_steel",    0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:axe_mese",    0.016, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:axe_diamond",    0.008, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:shovel_bronze",    0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:shovel_steel", 0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:shovel_mese",    0.016, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:shovel_diamond",    0.008, 0, { 1, 10 } },

{ "shooter:shotgun",     0.008, 0, 1 },
		{ "shooter:grenade",     0.032, 0, 1 },
		{ "shooter:machine_gun", 0.008, 0, 1 },
		{ "shooter:crossbow",    0.128,  0, { 1,  5 } },
		{ "shooter:pistol",      0.064,  0, { 1,  5 } },
		{ "shooter:rifle",      0.064,  0, { 1,  5 } },

{ "shooter:ammo",        0.256,  0, { 1, 9 } },
		{ "shooter:arrow_white", 0.256,  0, { 1, 99 } },

{ "sniper_rifles:rifle_762_loaded",     0.008, 0, 1 },
		{ "sniper_rifles:rifle_magnum_loaded", 0.004, 0, 1 },

{ "medkits:medkit",       0.256, 0, { 1, 9 } },

{"grenades:frag", 0.256, 0, 1},
		{"grenades:smoke",   0.256, 0, 1},
		-- {"grenades:flashbang",0.1,0,1},
	}
end
I tested this in the game and it works quite nicely.

Decrease the minimum number of treasures per treasure-chest from 4 items to 1 item and increase the maximum number of treasures per treasure-chest from 7 items to 8 items
This would make things a little more random.

Make bronze swords do less damage
Bronze swords could be the intermediate weapon between steel swords and stone swords.

Make most swords and tools have shorter full punch intervals
Shorter fights are better than longer fights, and here's why: the longer it takes to kill someone, the higher the odds will be that you will get cleaned by another enemy if you win the fight. Longer fights will also increase the odds that a fight that started as a 1 vs 1 will end up being a 2 vs 1 or worse. So shorter fights will make things better. Also, the ability to kill faster will increase your chance of being able to win a 2 vs 1 from 0 to at least some chance(because the penalty for missing hits in the middle of a fight would be worse).
STONE TOOLS

SWORD
Full punch interval: 0.9 seconds
Damage: 4 hp

PICK
Full punch interval: 1.4 seconds
Damage: 3 hp

AXE

SHOVEL
Damage: 2 hp

BRONZE TOOLS

SWORD
Full punch interval: 0.8 seconds
Damage: 5 hp

PICK
Full punch interval: 1.3 seconds

AXE

SHOVEL

STEEL TOOLS

SWORD
Full punch interval: 0.7 seconds
Damage: 6 hp

PICK
Full punch interval: 1.2 seconds

AXE

SHOVEL

MESE TOOLS

SWORD
Full punch interval: 0.6 seconds
Damage: 7 hp

PICK
Full punch interval: 1.1 seconds

AXE

SHOVEL

DIAMOND TOOLS

SWORD
Full punch interval: 0.5 seconds
Damage: 8 hp

PICK
Full punch interval: 1.0 second

AXE

SHOVEL

Notice that with these specs, the stone sword will be a better weapon than a steel pick. Decrease full punch interval of pistols and rifles by half
With shotguns, SMGs, and sniper rifles being such strong guns, it makes pistols and rifles seem a little too weak.

Increase rifle damage to 4 hp
It doesn't make sense for rifles to not be as good as pistols.

Make shotgun do less damage
This gun is a little OP, especially if there is no class with more than 20 hp. I would suggest reducing the number of shots from 15 to 10 and reducing the spread from 10 to 5.

Increase SMG mag to 100 rounds
This wicked gun currently uses ammo way too fast.

Make the bullets of the pistol, rifle, shotgun, and SMG fly faster?
Why do the bullets fly so slowly?

Make arrows fly faster?
Also not sure why these fly so slowly.

Decrease sprint speed to 50% faster than normal and double stamina regeneration rate
Doing this would give players better control. Currently, sprinting increases your speed from 4 meters/second to 7.2 meters/second, and you can only sprint 1/3 of the time. With this change, you would go 6 meters/second when you sprint, but you will be able to sprint 1/2 of the time.

Decrease health regeneration rate to 1 hp every 10 seconds
1 hp every 6 seconds is too fast; especially if you have one class (Knight) regenerate twice as fast(1 hp every 3 seconds). Instead, we could have Knights regenerate 1 hp every 5 seconds and other classes regenerate 1 hp every 10 seconds.

Add 10 second re-spawn delay
Players just re-spawn way too quickly. It is not good when you kill someone within 30 meters of their base and then can't get away from them because they instantly re-spawn (with weapons) and come and chase you to your death. The player who died should be the one getting punished (by having to wait 10 seconds before they can re-spawn), and the player who won the fight should get rewarded with enough time to get away. Adding re-spawn delay would also make it much easier to take the flag and therefore would make matches not last to an eternity.

Add 1 hour match time-limit
Matches are supposed to be much shorter than this anyway because players are supposed to be stealing the flag left and right. This game just turns into am eternal team death-match too often.

Make it so that if more than one player has the flag at once, they both time out at the same time
This is to make it so that it will not matter if you take the flag before or after your enemy takes your flag. Currently there is an incentive to not take the flag until your enemy takes yours first (not good).

Make it so that you can see the name-tags of all players on your team from anywhere on the map
It would be very nice to always know where your team-mates are.
Edit: Actually I think it would be better if name-tags just got removed altogether. I think they cause huge amounts of lag. It can be made so that you can see player's names in the player info when you mouse over them.
Last edited by Waterbug on Sun Aug 16, 2020 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

I think this will make med-kits better.
If each med-kit has 20 hp of healing power, and each time you use a med-kit, the number of hp you were healed will be subtracted from the med-kit. And if your healing is interrupted, you keep the med-kit, and however much healing you got will be subtracted from the med-kit.
Example #1: You have 3 hp, start to use a med-kit that has 20 hp of healing power, and successfully reach 20 hp. You will still have the med-kit after this healing, but it will only have 3 hp of healing power left.
Example #2: You have 5 hp, and start to use a med-kit that only has 10 hp of healing power remaining, so you will get healed up to 15 hp and then you will lose the med-kit.
Example #3: You have 9 hp, and start to use a med-kit that has 20 hp of healing power, but your healing is interrupted at 17 hp. You will still have the med-kit, but it will only have 12 hp of healing power left, and you will not lose the 8 hp that you gained from using it.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Waterbug wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 15:02
I think this will make med-kits better.
If each med-kit has 20 hp of healing power, and each time you use a med-kit, the number of hp you were healed will be subtracted from the med-kit. And if your healing is interrupted, you keep the med-kit, and however much healing you got will be subtracted from the med-kit.
I like this
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Can someone explain this??? Everyone on this server needs a spanking for being a noob.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

I recently came back under a secret account, and noticed that this player named "Warthog" was giving people grief and cheating. They're also known as DaWarthog and DaPurpleHaze.
What is SCP-055?

A newbie killed you

Chem871 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 15:31
I recently came back under a secret account, and noticed that this player named "Warthog" was giving people grief and cheating. They're also known as DaWarthog and DaPurpleHaze.
Stop lying

A newbie killed you

And who said thos accs are mine? You cant prove it noob

A newbie killed you

Waterbug wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 23:26

Can someone explain this??? Everyone on this server needs a spanking for being a noob.
Excuse me, but there are smart people and dumb people.
And apparaently you are not one of the smart

A newbie killed you

Waterbug wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 04:13
Here is another list of suggestions that could improve CTF game-play. The suggestions I will make in this post should work well with the ones in my previous post.
Make sure to read the post before this one before reading this post.

Make it so that bronze tools (including swords) can be crafted again
What happened to bronze tools? Besides, bronze tools aren't exactly the same as steel tools; they dig slower.

Make it so that bronze tools (including swords) can be found in treasure-chests
So that players won't need to waste their time mining for tools that are harder to craft than steel tools and not as good.

Make it so that mese and diamond tools (including swords) can be found in treasure-chests
Because why not? This would make the game more interesting.

Make it so that stone swords can be crafted again
So that if a player ever has a reason to craft one, they can.

Decrease full punch interval of stone sword
Stone swords are currently too under-powered.

Make steel swords more expensive to craft
So that a player cannot just mine 99 steel and make infinite swords for their team. Making them require 4 or 5 ingots instead of 2 would be one way to do it.

Make it so that the original grenades can be found in treasure-chests again
Why were these taken out? It's almost impossible to kill someone with the new grenades.

I have an enhanced treasure-generation algorithm right here:

ctf_treasure = {}

function ctf_treasure.get_default_treasures()
	return {
		{ "default:ladder",          0.128, 0, {  1, 99 } },
		{ "default:torch",           0.512, 0, {  1, 9 } },
		{ "default:cobble",          0.512, 0, { 1, 99 } },
		{ "default:wood",            0.256, 0, { 1, 99 } },
		{ "doors:door_steel",        0.064, 0, {  1,  9 } },
		{ "ctf_traps:damage_cobble", 0.064, 0, { 1, 99 } },

{ "default:sword_bronze",    0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:sword_steel", 0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:sword_mese",    0.016, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:sword_diamond",    0.008, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:pick_bronze",    0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:pick_steel",   0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:pick_mese",    0.016, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:pick_diamond",    0.008, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:axe_bronze",    0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:axe_steel",    0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:axe_mese",    0.016, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:axe_diamond",    0.008, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:shovel_bronze",    0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:shovel_steel", 0.128, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:shovel_mese",    0.016, 0, { 1, 10 } },
		{ "default:shovel_diamond",    0.008, 0, { 1, 10 } },

{ "shooter:shotgun",     0.008, 0, 1 },
		{ "shooter:grenade",     0.032, 0, 1 },
		{ "shooter:machine_gun", 0.008, 0, 1 },
		{ "shooter:crossbow",    0.128,  0, { 1,  5 } },
		{ "shooter:pistol",      0.064,  0, { 1,  5 } },
		{ "shooter:rifle",      0.064,  0, { 1,  5 } },

{ "shooter:ammo",        0.256,  0, { 1, 9 } },
		{ "shooter:arrow_white", 0.256,  0, { 1, 99 } },

{ "sniper_rifles:rifle_762_loaded",     0.008, 0, 1 },
		{ "sniper_rifles:rifle_magnum_loaded", 0.004, 0, 1 },

{ "medkits:medkit",       0.256, 0, { 1, 9 } },

{"grenades:frag", 0.256, 0, 1},
		{"grenades:smoke",   0.256, 0, 1},
		-- {"grenades:flashbang",0.1,0,1},
	}
end
I tested this in the game and it works quite nicely.

Decrease the minimum number of treasures per treasure-chest from 4 items to 1 item and increase the maximum number of treasures per treasure-chest from 7 items to 8 items
This would make things a little more random.

Make bronze swords do less damage
Bronze swords could be the intermediate weapon between steel swords and stone swords.

Make most swords and tools have shorter full punch intervals
Shorter fights are better than longer fights, and here's why: the longer it takes to kill someone, the higher the odds will be that you will get cleaned by another enemy if you win the fight. Longer fights will also increase the odds that a fight that started as a 1 vs 1 will end up being a 2 vs 1 or worse. So shorter fights will make things better. Also, the ability to kill faster will increase your chance of being able to win a 2 vs 1 from 0 to at least some chance(because the penalty for missing hits in the middle of a fight would be worse).
STONE TOOLS

SWORD
Full punch interval: 0.9 seconds

PICK

AXE

SHOVEL
Damage: 2 hp

BRONZE TOOLS

SWORD
Full punch interval: 0.8 seconds

PICK

AXE

SHOVEL

STEEL TOOLS

SWORD
Full punch interval: 0.7 seconds

PICK

AXE

SHOVEL

MESE TOOLS

SWORD
Full punch interval: 0.6 seconds
Damage: 7 hp

PICK

AXE

SHOVEL

DIAMOND TOOLS

SWORD
Full punch interval: 0.5 seconds
Damage: 8 hp

PICK

AXE

SHOVEL

Notice that with these specs, the stone sword will be a better weapon than a steel pick. Decrease full punch interval of pistols and rifles by half
With shotguns, SMGs, and sniper rifles being such strong guns, it makes pistols and rifles seem a little too weak.

Increase rifle damage to 4 hp
It doesn't make sense for rifles to not be as good as pistols.

Make shotgun do less damage
This gun is a little OP, especially if there is no class with more than 20 hp. I would suggest reducing the number of shots from 15 to 10 and reducing the spread from 10 to 5.

Increase SMG mag to 100 rounds
This wicked gun currently uses ammo way too fast.

Make the bullets of the pistol, rifle, shotgun, and SMG fly faster?
Why do the bullets fly so slowly?

Make arrows fly faster?
Also not sure why these fly so slowly.

Decrease sprint speed to 50% faster than normal and double stamina regeneration rate
Doing this would give players better control. Currently, sprinting increases your speed from 4 meters/second to 7.2 meters/second, and you can only sprint 1/3 of the time. With this change, you would go 6 meters/second when you sprint, but you will be able to sprint 1/2 of the time.

Decrease health regeneration rate to 1 hp every 10 seconds
1 hp every 6 seconds is too fast; especially if you have one class (Knight) regenerate twice as fast(1 hp every 3 seconds). Instead, we could have Knights regenerate 1 hp every 5 seconds and other classes regenerate 1 hp every 10 seconds.

Add 10 second re-spawn delay
Players just re-spawn way too quickly. It is not good when you kill someone within 30 meters of their base and then can't get away from them because they instantly re-spawn (with weapons) and come and chase you to your death. The player who died should be the one getting punished (by having to wait 10 seconds before they can re-spawn), and the player who won the fight should get rewarded with enough time to get away. Adding re-spawn delay would also make it much easier to take the flag and therefore would make matches not last to an eternity.

Add 1 hour match time-limit
Matches are supposed to be much shorter than this anyway because players are supposed to be stealing the flag left and right. This game just turns into am eternal team death-match too often.

Make it so that if more than one player has the flag at once, they both time out at the same time
This is to make it so that it will not matter if you take the flag before or after your enemy takes your flag. Currently there is an incentive to not take the flag until your enemy takes yours first (not good).

Make it so that you can see the name-tags of all players on your team from anywhere on the map
It would be very nice to always know where your team-mates are.
Edit: Actually I think it would be better if name-tags just got removed altogether. I think they cause huge amounts of lag. It can be made so that you can see player's names in the player info when you mouse over them.
Waterbug ive actually been working on a new ctf game (copy of the old one), right now im working on trasure generator, and changing speed i dont like. I removed snipers from my ctf tho

And changing damage idk, that idea sucks; except if it is to make sword stronger compared to other tools

I had toughts of reducing shooter and medics damage to 50 % from swords

And many players got problems with team work, i hope i can find a solution on that....

A newbie killed you

By the way wich texture pack is that?

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Thu Sep 03, 2020 02:41
And who said thos accs are mine? You cant prove it noob
This reaction alone half-proves it. Besides, the admin can check your IP.
What is SCP-055?

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I let Warthog know they'd lose their DaPurpleHaze account if they didn't start behaving