[Server] Capture the Flag Server

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Enrikoo » Post

I had laugh about her, because they killed this action "spawnkilling".
Sorry, but everything in the game is trolly for me or any kids.

If I unbanned I never go to the enemy base because I disagreed the rules. I'll be the builder of the team everytime, doesn't matter if I am good or not.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

ANAND wrote:
Enrikoo wrote:Banned again! I killed like 6 peoples and got been banned.
I get only banned there what I need to do? I use good texture pack (pvp pack) whats there so bad? Thats all unfair. Look, I played a round in CTF server. I played the caverns map, but some enemies hide and then kill me. I'm dieing faster than him.

I looked about the teamworkers in this thread, they did spawnkill too, that enemies don't kill the one, who have the flag. Some of them protect the man who have the flag. Why one person didn't get banned?

I need a quiz about anything what I forget to agree. Idk what I forgot.
How many people you killed doesn't matter - neither does that count determine whether a player spawn-killed or not.
It's not considered to be spawn-killing if your team-mate has the enemy flag and you kill a handful of people nearby to protect them; but you stayed back in the enemy base and kept killing players (just 6 of them, I get it -_-) while the player carrying the flag was far from danger. As you yourself admitted, Kat was screaming at you to stop, and so did a few others to which you did not even bother to listen. You were reported once and many others were probably in the process of reporting you the moment you were temp-banned.

Using texture-packs, ammo-packs and tetra-packs, or playing @ 60 FPS does not warrant spawn-killing, just stop saying so many excuses. And there could never be a lamer excuse for spawn-killing than "self-defence"; seriously...
Actually it can be self defense, you have no idea how persistent those noobs are, it gets to the point of being obnoxious, when my team has the flag i only kill pros at the enemy base, or noobs, and only the ones that hit me first, only. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ill still get banned for killing 5-6 players in self-defense, like: WUT!?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

How is spawn-killing being handled? Does a mod or admin log-in to see if the player even is spawn-killing or is it done by just many players reporting?

csirolli
GitHub: HeyITGuyFixIt
IRC: CSirolli
In-game: CSirolli

by csirolli » Post

Hopefully spawnkilling will be removed. I heard that a single spawn point will not exist, but players will randomly spawn near the base, which removes spawnkilling. It also would help handle players being afk after they spawn on the flag because, they would no longer be spawning on the flag. I personally love the idea, and I do hope this will really happen.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Coder12 wrote:How is spawn-killing being handled? Does a mod or admin log-in to see if the player even is spawn-killing or is it done by just many players reporting?
They have a monkey sitting in front of a computer watching the logs while eating bananas
A mix of both I think. Players report, and if a staff member is around they check
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Stix

by Stix » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote: They have a monkey sitting in front of a computer watching the logs while eating bananas
Toystory3 reference? :D

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:They have a monkey sitting in front of a computer watching the logs while eating bananas
I'm NOT a monkey, and I DON'T keep eating bananas all the time! How dare you!!!
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

Stix

by Stix » Post

ANAND wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:They have a monkey sitting in front of a computer watching the logs while eating bananas
Seriously dude its just a joke, we all have to deal with them, grow a thicker skin.

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

Stix wrote:
ANAND wrote:
Seriously dude its just a joke, we all have to deal with them, grow a thicker skin.
I think that ANAND took it as a joke and was joking. Now are you joking?

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Stix wrote:Seriously dude its just a joke, we all have to deal with them, grow a thicker skin.
Oh c'mon! Can't you take a joke? :D
My Mods

Stix

by Stix » Post

ANAND wrote:
Stix wrote:Seriously dude its just a joke, we all have to deal with them, grow a thicker skin.
Oh c'mon! Can't you take a joke? :D
Remind me to never try to win against you in a confusing battle, you'll never lose.....

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Stix wrote:Remind me to never try to win against you in a confusing battle, you'll never lose.....
Hehehe... :P

If you do want to win in such "confusing battles", purchase sarcasm_pack NOW for 5 air blocks. HURRY! Offer expires in 12:23:34.45 hours!
My Mods

Stix

by Stix » Post

ANAND wrote:
Stix wrote:Remind me to never try to win against you in a confusing battle, you'll never lose.....
Hehehe... :P

If you do want to win in such "confusing battles", purchase sarcasm_pack NOW for 5 air blocks. HURRY! Offer expires in 12:23:34.45 hours!
That song is starting to grow on me tbh...

*EDIT: BTW your starting to get as bad as rubenwardy :P

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

I think an issue bigger than spawnkilling is your noob teammates griefing, trying to make you fall in lava, and just destroying everything.
What is SCP-055?

Stix

by Stix » Post

Chem871 wrote:I think an issue bigger than spawnkilling is your noob teammates griefing, trying to make you fall in lava, and just destroying everything.
Totally agreed, mods are to busy looking out for spawnkillers (and some of them are innocent) instead of dealing with the before-mentioned issues, the worst of which is lava spleefing. I have witnessed over a dozen matches where one team lost only because they lost all the swords they would bring back to their teammates who would spleef them.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Chem871 wrote:I think an issue bigger than spawnkilling is your noob teammates griefing, trying to make you fall in lava, and just destroying everything.
I am constantly dealing with those griefers and teamkillers. For first time rulebreakers, i usually just kick or give 1 hour ban. When it continues i give longer ban. But in all seriousness, there's so many of them, that sometimes i can't enjoy the game, cause there would be like 3 of them griefing base at same time, etc. And i will have to take care of it.

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:
I am constantly dealing with those griefers and teamkillers. For first time rulebreakers, i usually just kick or give 1 hour ban. When it continues i give longer ban. But in all seriousness, there's so many of them, that sometimes i can't enjoy the game, cause there would be like 3 of them griefing base at same time, etc. And i will have to take care of it.
I got a fix. Just allow ppl who can access the pro side of the team chest to be able kill the ppl who can't. In other words allow pros to team kill noobs. ^_^

csirolli

by csirolli » Post

Coder12 wrote:
IceAgeComing wrote:
I got a fix. Just allow ppl who can access the pro side of the team chest to be able kill the ppl who can't. In other words allow pros to team kill noobs. ^_^
Issue with that idea is that there are some who can access the pro side that would take advantage of it. This ability would have to belong to "trusted users", who are mods and anyone the mods give this privilege to. It would have to be a privilege. Perhaps two privileges for this, one for a being a trusted user, and another for giving this privilege.

If anyone who has access to the pro side can kill a noob, then pros could see a noob with a better weapon than they have and kill them in order to get it. If killing a noob on your team adds to your kill total, then there is another motivation to abuse this ability. So that shouldn't add to your kill total.

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

True but thats all I can come up with because mods are not always around. And I think pro players should have that right because they are the only players attacking and defending. Pro players are the ones that are truly playing the server unlike the ipad noobs who don't do anything.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Coder12 wrote:True but thats all I can come up with because mods are not always around. And I think pro players should have that right because they are the only players attacking and defending. Pro players are the ones that are truly playing the server unlike the ipad noobs who don't do anything.
Sadly, being pro doesn't equal trustworthy. There are plenty of pros who break rules, when mods are not around, by spawnkilling, etc. Maybe it would work better if the requirement would be raised much higher from 1.5 k/d.

Today i had a to ban a person with 1.7 k/d, cause every time the person came on he emptied the pro chest 100%. All diamond and mese swords, guns, ores, and even wood. He took everything every single time, so each time i kicked him, he dropped from all the loot like a pinata. So i had no choice, but to ban him... I really feel like it's time to raise the k/d requirement...

Stix

by Stix » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:
Coder12 wrote:True but thats all I can come up with because mods are not always around. And I think pro players should have that right because they are the only players attacking and defending. Pro players are the ones that are truly playing the server unlike the ipad noobs who don't do anything.
Sadly, being pro doesn't equal trustworthy. There are plenty of pros who break rules, when mods are not around, by spawnkilling, etc. Maybe it would work better if the requirement would be raised much higher from 1.5 k/d.

Today i had a to ban a person with 1.7 k/d, cause every time the person came on he emptied the pro chest 100%. All diamond and mese swords, guns, ores, and even wood. He took everything every single time, so each time i kicked him, he dropped from all the loot like a pinata. So i had no choice, but to ban him... I really feel like it's time to raise the k/d requirement...
I agree the minimum k/d ratio rlly is too low atm, if we raised the k/d to 3 then we would lock out wasteful players like loulicats and xXJokerXx from the pro side, so if they want to gain acess theyll have to waste less lives. In fact ive noticed that noobs who are just a bit better than other noobs can kill enough noobs to gain pro access, at least 1/3 of players with pro acess arent pros themselves, and its usually these players who actually spawnkill and take everything from the chest.

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

Spawn-killing, to whatever extent, will always be an issue. And it will always be a slightly different issue each time it happens to different players. For example, if I am killed a couple times in my base while I am defenseless, I would not call that person out for spawn-killing. But others might. However, if I catch somebody repeatedly killing players in their base and as soon as they spawn over and over again, then yes, in my opinion that is spawn-killing.

The best thing you can do is to discourage it strongly by taking proper actions against those who do it. Moderators are not always going to ban/kick someone on hearsay, and there are good reasons why. If Waterbug said someone was spawn-killing, I'd probably go by hearsay, because I trust his judgement on that issue. (And so does rubenwardy, seeing he has ban & kick) However, if someone I didn't know accused someone of spawn-killing, I will investigate it further, because all too often I have seen players accuse certain other people of spawn-killing when actually that was not the case. A lot of people tend to do things like that especially in the heat of the moment.

That being said, Capture the Flag is never going to be 100% fair. There are always going to be players crossing the line in various places, and the best you can do is tell a moderator if they're on at that moment. If I'm there, I'll come on if I can and investigate what's going on, and do what needs to be done. If there's no one around, just report the player to a moderator the next time you see one. They should take up their magnifying glass and check the player out next time they see them.
IceAgeComing wrote:

On a side note, I agree with IceAgeComing. Giving certain players the ability to kill others on their team is not a very good idea. Aside from being a pro doesn't mean you are trustworthy, if I could kill my teammates, I would have killed a lot of players on my team in a heated fight by accident because I miss-clicked. :P
IceAgeComing wrote: Today i had a to ban a person with 1.7 k/d, cause every time the person came on he emptied the pro chest 100%. All diamond and mese swords, guns, ores, and even wood. He took everything every single time, so each time i kicked him, he dropped from all the loot like a pinata. So i had no choice, but to ban him... I really feel like it's time to raise the k/d requirement...
I agree, 1.5 is a little to low...it would be nice if it was up to two or three. but there is always going to be that pro who has a kill/death ratio of 10 and is being a jerk to his teammates anyway. In which case, the ban-hammer comes into order.

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Stix wrote:Totally agreed, mods are to busy looking out for spawnkillers (and some of them are innocent) instead of dealing with the before-mentioned issues, the worst of which is lava spleefing. I have witnessed over a dozen matches where one team lost only because they lost all the swords they would bring back to their teammates who would spleef them.
"Lava-spleefing" should hopefully be abated by lining the lava lakes with indestructible stone (which is currently used for the barriers). FYI, we receive all reports, and while I tend to act right away, I do so only after appropriate checks and verification - there's a reason some of us have quite a few alts, be it known or unknown... :P

However, it is to be noted that base-griefers and lava-spleefers are almost always kicked immediately - they generally don't require verification, as they are reported by as many as 5-6 (trusted / established) players at the same time.
IceAgeComing wrote:Sadly, being pro doesn't equal trustworthy. There are plenty of pros who break rules, when mods are not around, by spawnkilling, etc. Maybe it would work better if the requirement would be raised much higher from 1.5 k/d.

I wholly agree. The current criteria in-effect makes it so easy for even non-pros to become eligible for pro-chest access. While I have no personal dislike for the nubs, I feel that granting them pro-chest access (by means of lowering the bar for becoming a pro) is just outright disastrous. IMHO, pros aren't just players who know to wield a sword; while they should certainly be capable of decent combat, they should also be trust-worthy. They need to be trusted enough to give them access to the most crucial resources of their team. If a pro isn't able to access the pro-section due to a high K/D requirement, I'd say that's the price they deserve for their recklessness - nothing wrong with having a dare-devil strategy, but your team will hate you for wasting swords anyway... :)

There is a PR on Github for increased pro-chest requirements, but rubenwardy hasn't yet approved it in favour of a better solution (see the PR for more details on that).
My Mods

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

ANAND wrote:I wholly agree. The current criteria in-effect makes it so easy for even non-pros to become eligible for pro-chest access. While I have no personal dislike for the nubs, I feel that granting them pro-chest access (by means of lowering the bar for becoming a pro) is just outright disastrous. IMHO, pros aren't just players who know to wield a sword; while they should certainly be capable of decent combat, they should also be trust-worthy. They need to be trusted enough to give them access to the most crucial resources of their team. If a pro isn't able to access the pro-section due to a high K/D requirement, I'd say that's the price they deserve for their recklessness - nothing wrong with having a dare-devil strategy, but your team will hate you for wasting swords anyway... :)

There is a PR on Github for increased pro-chest requirements, but rubenwardy hasn't yet approved it in favour of a better solution (see the PR for more details on that).
Should add a 'trusted' rank or something, people that you know are fair. Then allow all in the trusted rank to 'like' players which will allow them to access the pro chest with a certain K/D?
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Should add a 'trusted' rank or something, people that you know are fair. Then allow all in the trusted rank to 'like' players which will allow them to access the pro chest with a certain K/D?
A quick dirty solution is to grant them a trusted priv, and register a chat-command only accessible to those with that priv
My Mods