[Server] Capture the Flag Server

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by Chem871 » Post

Idk how to do that, I used the ppa up until now, but whoever runs it hasn't added 5.1.1 to the list.
What is SCP-055?

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Chem871 wrote:Idk how to do that, I used the ppa up until now, but whoever runs it hasn't added 5.1.1 to the list.
Hmmm, I guess they haven't updated that yet. I've always self-compiled a run-in-place build...
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

My PPA install is 5.1.1
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

LMD wrote:My PPA install is 5.1.1
Yeah, it updated a few days after those posts
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

leo130
GitHub: masterleo
IRC: leo130
In-game: 130

by leo130 » Post

Hi, why is the server so empty at this time ? Since map changes.
There are 0 person online very often when I login. The only time there is a few people is between 5 and 20 pm.
+Do nobody use our version of Minetest 5.2 ? Solution, no solution.
+Do the people find the server lagy ? Solution : I can host my own instance in france on my server if help is provided to install the server. I can give ssh access. I got a 15 ms connection from paris and 800mb down and 300 mps up, and a static ip adress. This would make a good server ?
+Is the game play not liked since new maps ? Solution : revert the changes, delete new maps.
sorry for bad english I am not english.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

It's not the new maps and AFAIK the version changes don't affect 5.0 users

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

I can't keep playing here, the server stresses me out and I get snappy at everyone around me due to said stress. So, I'll stick to survival/creative servers from now on. Have fun, everyone.
What is SCP-055?

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

Chem871 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 17:07
I can't keep playing here, the server stresses me out and I get snappy at everyone around me due to said stress. So, I'll stick to survival/creative servers from now on. Have fun, everyone.
It's sad to see you leave. I hope to see you back in action soon. o/
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Post

Currently when one team takes the other team's flag and then the other team takes the first team's flag, the team that took the other team's flag first will time out first. This means the player who took flag second has an unfair advantage and his/her team will win unless he/she is killed. How about making it so that if both flags are taken, they time out at the same time regardless of how much time difference there was between the flags being taken?

By the way, I was just in a match where this very thing happened. ) :

A newbie killed you
In-game: Warthog and other names

by A newbie killed you » Post

Can i get a clone of the current capture the flag game thats running on [v2] ?
Downloaded copies from github isnt working
Im btw banned right now, but im using other accs
Got the most powerful handgun in capture the flag, and it would blow your head clean off, youve got to ask yourself one question - Do I feel lucky?

A newbie killed you

By the way, we need some kind of votekick to get rid of spammers, stealers ( team chest ) , afk users and cheaters. Every player with 1 + kd and 500 + score should be able to use it.
Im thinking of AoS spades votekick as example.
But there must be pre-programmed reasons, you shouldnt be able to make up your own
Got the most powerful handgun in capture the flag, and it would blow your head clean off, youve got to ask yourself one question - Do I feel lucky?

A newbie killed you

Forgot to say that i want [v2] server game cloned as it is right now, not an older copy!

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

CTF uses submodules for some mods, I'd recommend using git clone --recursive to download (Requires git)

Also: Please either respect your ban or appeal it. You know what the rules are

A newbie killed you

leo130 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 09:06
There are 0 person online very often when I login. The only time there is a few people is between 5 and 20 pm.
Im from sweden, same timezone, i know what youre talking about, there was only a few players a while and often none. The problem wasnt laggy server or something like that, its just that there is fewer players at this time, and most of the people that are awake that was europeans, and they have a fucking school to go to then. The yankees and south americans are not awake until 13.00 swedish / french time, and the chinese people got problems with their internet caused by the government, they cant access everything unless they uses TOR. India people like anand and indigamer7 are awake this time tho.
Now the server got players mostly all of the time

A newbie killed you

Lone wolf, i dont got git so i need a copy uploaded on this forum thread, my github clone aint working, there are missing files and emtpy directorys, also some code errors.

So i need a clone FROM YOU, and i need you to test it to see if it works in minetest before you upload, that would be as trump says on twitter GREAT help (i hate trump, hes a capitalistic idiot)

Btw this minetest bans (ip permanent ban) only keeps me away for 1 minute as most, nice playing with you yesterday!

Of course i will stop ban evading, 31 juli is my ban over, the i can use warthog acc as usual so i dont have to evade ban anymore

And being banned for ban evading longer on one acc than youre banned for the real matter on you first (in my case warthog) acc makes 0 sense....

A newbie killed you

I just logged in, rules says nothing about ban evading

A newbie killed you

Waterbug wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 01:01
My internet is currently 3 Mbps download speed and 1 Mbps upload speed. And on top of that I have about 5 other people in my house using it most of the time. I suppose I could try upgrading but I don't know if that will help.
You should defenitly upgrade, and at least use 2G, 3G or 4G network if there are, i have no lag but my computer is fried potatos. Windows have lower upload/download mbps i think, but i think if you have 5 guys connected to your local that would be many lag spikes, tought of using usb modem?

Sometimes when ive been connected for a long time i start lagging, sometimes when the server is full i lag, but when bug says hes laggy im not. Well, i recommend you to install ubuntustudio on a usb drive and then use that when it gets laggy, it might help

But my network is enough, i got 12 mbps on my network card and 150 on my modem (downtime)

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

A newbie killed you wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 21:54
I just logged in, rules says nothing about ban evading
The problem with sneaking around the rules is that the rules are the only thing you fool, and they aren't the only thing you have to follow on this server either. I said not to evade bans.
You are also expected to have an IQ of at least more than a Guest1456 account btw. It should be obvious that evading bans is a don't-do.

You were banned for breaking the rules, and your excuses for some of your rulebreaking was "But the rules formspec wasn't shown to me when I joined" (Highly doubt that, you admitted it was shown to other accounts too) so the existence of a rule against ban evading wouldn't have stopped you anyway.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Tue Jul 21, 2020 21:49
Lone wolf, i dont got git so i need a copy uploaded on this forum thread, my github clone aint working, there are missing files and emtpy directorys, also some code errors.
git clone --recursive like I said
Btw this minetest bans (ip permanent ban) only keeps me away for 1 minute as most, nice playing with you yesterday!
IP bans don't keep me away at all, because I follow the rules and so don't get banned ;)
And being banned for ban evading longer on one acc than youre banned for the real matter on you first (in my case warthog) acc makes 0 sense....
Unless I feel like going and finding the end time for the original account my response to ban evading is a permaban

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

leo130 wrote:
There are 0 person online very often when I login.
There is a second server: search "capture the flag" in serverlist. The adress is somthing like vps.rubenwardy.(????)
Last edited by Miniontoby on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

A newbie killed you

Miniontoby wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:35
leo130 wrote:
There is a second server: search ctf in serverlist. The adress is somthing like vps.rubenwardy.(????)
Server 1, original server, is deleted now right?

A newbie killed you

Lone wolf i can answer right now im not reading or following rules, im trying to not be too rude tho, evade bans: of course i do, idk why you even ask me to stay off it seems really stupid

And i didnt see the rules first time i joined, and on my second acc i didnt read them (afaik), so no i didnt know every rule

Btw i got a solution for the sniper class: just reset it to what it was in the beginning (blockysunday told me), that seems to work fine, and put 2 or 3 snipers and 12 iron ingots in chest on start so hoplites or soulseeker wont nag.

A newbie killed you

Lone wolf i can answer right now im not reading or following rules, im trying to not be too rude tho, evade bans: of course i do, idk why you even ask me to stay off it seems really stupid

And i didnt see the rules first time i joined, and on my second acc i didnt read them (afaik), so no i didnt know every rule

Btw i got a solution for the sniper class: just reset it to what it was in the beginning (blockysunday told me), that seems to work fine, and put 2 or 3 snipers and 15 iron ingots in chest on start so hoplites or soulseeker wont nag.

A newbie killed you

Wed Jul 22, 2020 16:12
Miniontoby wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:35
leo130 wrote:
There is a second server: search ctf in serverlist. The adress is somthing like vps.rubenwardy.(????)
Server 1, original server, is deleted now right?

And dont write ctf, that wont give anything, server name is Capture the Flag [v2] - Test server with classes, so just search v2. If u want to know what server adress is its

Adress / port
ctf.rubenwardy.com | 30001

A newbie killed you

Lone wolf it doesnt work, can u run the cloning command and uploiad the zip file on this forum? And please test it to see if it works first. I hope i dont ask for too much

And btw about yesterday: name stealer KonkeyDong isnt me, he cant even get away with the flag and is stupid enough to run into enemy nest as knight, warthog wich is my first acc has 1.9 kd, he has 0.8