Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Gael de Sailly » Post

Hi Waterbug, welcome to the forum :)
Waterbug wrote:
Gael de Sailly wrote:Really epic game this evening on the bridge map, with in total 20 potentially "pro" players. The round lasted precisely 1h28 and there were 577 kills! Most people have seen their K/D badly affected.
Wow. 20+ pros in one match! I guess I can safely say that the golden age of capture the flag is back
Yes but they were not all connected at the same time. But at some moments we were easily >10.
rubenwardy wrote:On that note, I'm sorry, but unfortunately I'm going to have to shut the server down again.
This post catched my attention, and I read it before Waterbug's post, and did not understand immediately it was a joke XD
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

rubenwardy wrote:On that note, I'm sorry, but unfortunately I'm going to have to shut the server down again. Here is a video explaining why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Spoiler
We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give, never gonna give
(Give you up)
(Ooh) Never gonna give, never gonna give
(Give you up)
We've known each other for so long
Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna make you cry
Hah! Nice one, right after Waterbug says the golden age is back! :P
But ya know....if you did rubenwardy, you would defiantly have a rebellion on your hands. x)

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

rubenwardy wrote:On that note, I'm sorry, but unfortunately I'm going to have to shut the server down again. Here is a video explaining why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Here are some movies to watch while the server is down.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960886/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5860868/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6874878/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6504024/

ANAND
GitHub: magnetar47
IRC: MAGNETAR ANAND
In-game: ANAND and all names with Tomato

by ANAND » Post

rubenwardy - seriously?! That gave me a heart-attack...

I was taken aback for a moment too! And then I saw the video transcript, and was like 'What the tomato?!' It should've been rubenwardy dancing in that video tho - serves him right... :P

!cmd tempban 7D rubenwardy shocking everyone with fake news

EDIT: I'll try again...

Code: Select all

<ANAND> !cmd tempban rubenwardy 7D trolling
<CTF_Bot> You're not logged in.
<ANAND> gah... -_-
Last edited by ANAND on Sat Mar 24, 2018 07:17, edited 2 times in total.
My Mods

cdb_NXKPOcRlgUGdMyf8uLoUQvnMGIfuaHmp

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Post

DragonsVolcanoDance wrote: Hah! Nice one, right after Waterbug says the golden age is back! :P
But ya know....if you did rubenwardy, you would defiantly have a rebellion on your hands. x)
LOL. I think she might be right about that!

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

ANAND wrote:!cmd tempban 7D rubenwardy shocking everyone with fake news
Oh no, poor 7D, leave them out of this! And to ban them for a length of rubenwardy too, the horror....
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
ANAND wrote:!cmd tempban 7D rubenwardy shocking everyone with fake news
Oh no, poor 7D, leave them out of this! And to ban them for a length of rubenwardy too, the horror....
The embarrassing moment when you try to temp-ban the admin and screw up the syntax... ._.
Epic fail! XD
Last edited by ANAND on Sat Sep 01, 2018 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

im sick of moderators trying to enfore rulz that arent even their, i just got banned by Dragonsvocanodance for switching teams so that the teams are even, how are ppl supposed to enjoy the game if they have to deal with abusive moderators?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

Stix wrote:im sick of moderators trying to enfore rulz that arent even their, i just got banned by Dragonsvocanodance for switching teams so that the teams are even, how are ppl supposed to enjoy the game if they have to deal with abusive moderators?
First of all, how am I suppose to enjoy the game when there is a player running around abusing the rules and then telling the moderators he knows the rules better then them when he is called out for what he did? As for the rule not being ''there'' it most certainly is. Switching teams is considered treacherous to your original team. It is the same thing ''Don't be a Traitor.'' <---Which is most certainly in the rules)
Being a traitor is doing anything to hinder your own team and help the enemy. Switching teams is just about the worst thing you can do. You did it multiple times, and were warned just as many times. Then you continued to be very disrespectful to everyone. How do you expect to gain respect if you act like this? So no, I am not an abusive moderator. You are an abusive player, who apparently does not like listening. You were only banned for a week. It's best you be silent and live with that ban, or else it will become permanent.

Stix

by Stix » Post

how was i disrespectful? is switching teams considered disrespectful? becuz i wasnt even rlly talking to anyone but you at that moment, and can you explain how switching teams is abusive? atm teams tend to be very unfiar for one team so players must take it in to their own hands to fix it. and how is switching a team being a traitor? its not like ur giving away stuff of ur old team. yes i know the rules i read them every time i join to see if anything has changed, and i never said i knew the rules better i simple veiw it as you interpreted one part wrong. and to do with respect, i might have not been the most gracious but neither were you, i mean it goes both ways, not only mods deserve respect, everyone does. switching teams is not abusive imo. and threatening perma-ban for disagreeing seems kinda haughty, ill live with my ban but that doesnt meen im gonna agree with it. if i was every actually disrespectful to anyone then i apologize but i dont beleive i was.

Stix

by Stix » Post

but anyways im done with this discussion, after making my few points i think its best to let it go and move on. so ill shut-up and wait.

Stix

by Stix » Post

it would be nice if teams were divided evenly, it could detect if its even by using the players scores. making it that the teams have a close amount of scores.

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

by Gael de Sailly » Post

I've seen and followed most of the discussion, and I agree with DragonsVolcanoDance. Team switching is already a lack of respect towards your team and the game, and that was only the final straw. Yesterday you became angry and disrespectful just because you were killed several consecutive times (that btw happened to me way more 2 rounds after). After "ragequit", you reconnected with an alternative name to listen to our discussion, and complain about kick/ban without taking into account what we (and especially DragonsVolcanoDance) said. The endless discussions after your mistakes have widely contributed to your tempban.

That said, I don't consider you as a bad element on the server, in general. I spent good moments with you. I'm very sad that she had to ban you, that participated at making the game more challenging. But you should understand that your behavior wasn't appropriate.

I have the impression that you are playing too much and getting nervous. You may need a break.
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Gael de Sailly wrote:I've seen and followed most of the discussion, and I agree with DragonsVolcanoDance. Team switching is already a lack of respect towards your team and the game, and that was only the final straw. Yesterday you became angry and disrespectful just because you were killed several consecutive times (that btw happened to me way more 2 rounds after). After "ragequit", you reconnected with an alternative name to listen to our discussion, and complain about kick/ban without taking into account what we (and especially DragonsVolcanoDance) said. The endless discussions after your mistakes have widely contributed to your tempban.

That said, I don't consider you as a bad element on the server, in general. I spent good moments with you. I'm very sad that she had to ban you, that participated at making the game more challenging. But you should understand that your behavior wasn't appropriate.

I have the impression that you are playing too much and getting nervous. You may need a break.
yes i admit i got angry yesterday and hurled insults for no good reason, and im sorry i did so, and have since then havent hurled any abuse at anyone. ik this was considered the last straw, but on the last straw i dont see how i did anything wrong, other players agreed that me joining the other team to make it more fair did add to the fun, and i still dont see it listed as against the rules, but since it seems ill get banned for that anyways ill just not switch teams anymore. and when i went on as second account i never complained about banning, i simply said when a player is talked about by mods it meens there gonna get the boot usually.

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Stix: I heard a short account of the what happened yesterday, and I side with DVD and Gael de Sailly on this.

You were temp-banned for a week on various other grounds. Apart from trying to switching teams persistently, you were ranting on about getting killed repeatedly, and also disrespected the moderator(s) in question, apparently for citing non-existent rules. We as moderators expect a basic level of maturity from the players on the server, and we mete out appropriate consequences in order to make the server enjoyable by everyone - that means no spamming, no being rude, and definitely no reckless arguing with other players - that's just too immature... You need to understand that a temp-ban is just a disciplinary measure, to ensure that such violations of rules do not repeat hence. AFAIK it's the fuss you made, that got you temp-banned in the first-place - this isn't even a problem at all IMO!

That being said, no one here hates you - we all respect you as a good player, and we're looking forward to seeing you back in action after a week - we hope you become more mature and responsible by then... Good luck!
My Mods

Gaara
GitHub: Gaara95
IRC: Gaara
In-game: Gaara

by Gaara » Post

Ya know I think we should do something about the team switching thing. Just the other day I had asked a player on the other team not to swear and he got a bit angry. I had to do something and left for a couple of minutes, when I joined again (it was the same game going on) I was on the other team, and with that player, and he kept dropping me in lava(even when I had the flag) and when I asked him not to do that he got even more upset and started greafing the whole lava thing and dropping everyone in it. Wasn't the best game, and lasted long coz of the whole lava thing not letting anyone get past with the flag.
Ninja cat of justice and valor!

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Dropping someone in lava is very unambiguously against the rules, make sure to report so online moderators are aware
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Gaara

by Gaara » Post

Sadly there were no moderators on, and I forgot about the report thing. :P

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

Gaara wrote:Sadly there were no moderators on, and I forgot about the report thing. :P
Irrespective of whether or not there are moderators online, using /report will create an official record on the server. Be sure to use /report first - it will also definitely catch the attention of the admin.
My Mods

Gaara

by Gaara » Post

Can't we do something about the swearing as well? I hate it when someone starts and gets all angry when you tell them to stop and keep going on.

ANAND

by ANAND » Post

The server uses the Filter mod, but players circumvent the mod by making a subtle typo (on purpose obviously) in the word.
My Mods

cautiouspotato
GitHub: no
IRC: no
In-game: no

by cautiouspotato » Post

What if we just add all possible versions of the swears with every typo combination possible?
That'll make it tougher to swear.
no

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

cautiouspotato wrote:What if we just add all possible versions of the swears with every typo combination possible?
That'll make it tougher to swear.
Much.. much.. easier said than done. If you would like to spend a year of your life making a huge table of all possible combinations.. you are more than welcome.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

cautiouspotato
GitHub: no
IRC: no
In-game: no

by cautiouspotato » Post

I'm thinking add a base dictionary of banned words, and then use machine learning and train it on that to learn to detect the typos.
I've no experience in machine learning but it should be possible to do something like that.
no

PETE
GitHub: PETE
In-game: PETE-Randomizer

by PETE » Post

ANAND wrote:The server uses the Filter mod, but players circumvent the mod by making a subtle typo (on purpose obviously) in the word.
I suggest just stay with the filter we have, I suggest not to add anymore filter mod(s) because some mods can interfere with combat like more lag maybe it may make inaccurate claims etc get people banned etc.
Whats the trick? I wish I knew