[Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

Minetest Sam
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 09:26

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by Minetest Sam » Tue Mar 05, 2019 14:49

Just to add on to the update list, for the apple haters,
Apples were removed
 

User avatar
Enrikoo
Member
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 18:18
Location: Germany
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by Enrikoo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 19:01

When I was fighting red, suddenly this happened:

Image

Code: Select all
2019-03-07 19:44:24: ERROR[Main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "Enrico" while building texture; Creating a dummy image
 

User avatar
PanzerBandit
Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:29
In-game: PanzerBandit

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by PanzerBandit » Sat Mar 09, 2019 15:25

Hello :)

The players are not connecting to the new server because of the issue of the medkits.
They should continue to heal when one moves. It seems to me an error that the healing stops when one moves.
 

User avatar
PanzerBandit
Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:29
In-game: PanzerBandit

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by PanzerBandit » Sat Mar 09, 2019 15:28

And with the use of apples we had the opportunity to win a fight with a lower weapon, now it is impossible to win a fight when the other has a superior weapon.
 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Nyx Serris

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by Chem871 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 15:48

No, players aren't connecting to the server because they don't have 5.0 (yet).
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: Hopefully very far from yours, snoop :P
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by Lone_Wolf » Sat Mar 09, 2019 16:40

PanzerBandit wrote:And with the use of apples we had the opportunity to win a fight with a lower weapon, now it is impossible to win a fight when the other has a superior weapon.

Just get over your lazyness and mine for a better weapon :P
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by DELTA_FORCE » Sun Mar 10, 2019 22:21

Oooh! Too bad I stopped playing, the best update ever has been merged too :(
If you don't like something I say, you are too easily offended...
 

User avatar
PETE
Member
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 05:21
Location: IDK Ctf server
GitHub: PETE
In-game: PETE-Randomizer

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by PETE » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:14

ANAND wrote:That's a great idea, and I'm sure it's possible to make one. It'd definitely be nice to have the actual minimap support this, but this approach is probably much better. We needn't bother about terrain, and can focus on team-mates and flags which makes this even simpler to do. It'd be even more useful if the markers have a pointer-like shape, which can be used to also display player's direction.

Unfortunately, while the client already knows the positions and look-dirs of all players within a huge range, the (server-side) mod is oblivious to this and will re-fetch the positions and look-dirs of all players again, and this probably happens every server step. This will cause heaps of lag, unless done through (SS)CSMs. I'm afraid this will have to wait until (at least) 5.1.0 :(

I thought of a similar idea, where each team-mate is marked by HUD way-points similar to the flag waypoints. I even made a feature request, but that was deemed as impossible, because of the fact that player positions is only sent to players within an albeit massive range. But in CTF, since the whole map is just 220x220x140 nodes in size, all player positions are sent to every other player. So we could just use static waypoints, but update the positions every server step. This would do for the time-being, until we're able to provide the minimap.



Instead of a minimap why can't we just see the nametags of those who are on our team.
Whats the trick? I wish I knew
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: Hopefully very far from yours, snoop :P
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Lone_Wolf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 15:49

PETE wrote:
ANAND wrote:That's a great idea, and I'm sure it's possible to make one. It'd definitely be nice to have the actual minimap support this, but this approach is probably much better. We needn't bother about terrain, and can focus on team-mates and flags which makes this even simpler to do. It'd be even more useful if the markers have a pointer-like shape, which can be used to also display player's direction.

Unfortunately, while the client already knows the positions and look-dirs of all players within a huge range, the (server-side) mod is oblivious to this and will re-fetch the positions and look-dirs of all players again, and this probably happens every server step. This will cause heaps of lag, unless done through (SS)CSMs. I'm afraid this will have to wait until (at least) 5.1.0 :(

I thought of a similar idea, where each team-mate is marked by HUD way-points similar to the flag waypoints. I even made a feature request, but that was deemed as impossible, because of the fact that player positions is only sent to players within an albeit massive range. But in CTF, since the whole map is just 220x220x140 nodes in size, all player positions are sent to every other player. So we could just use static waypoints, but update the positions every server step. This would do for the time-being, until we're able to provide the minimap.



Instead of a minimap why can't we just see the nametags of those who are on our team.

Not yet possible with Minetest's API
 

User avatar
LMD
Member
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 08:16
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow : Bonn, Germany
GitHub: appgurueu
In-game: LMD + PRO_LMD + Limo
 

User avatar
Phoenixflo44
Member
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 15:01
Location: Behind my PC, in Germany
In-game: Phoenixflo44

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Phoenixflo44 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 20:16

Phoenixflo44 wrote:This map is built for Magic CTF and normal ctf. It took long enough but this will be the last map I post at All.
No Download
Licence:CC-BY-SA
Image

Image


New download:Download
+ Spoiler
 

User avatar
Phoenixflo44
Member
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 15:01
Location: Behind my PC, in Germany
In-game: Phoenixflo44

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!) - Multiple maps

by Phoenixflo44 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 20:18

Phoenixflo44 wrote:
Enrikoo wrote:
Phoenixflo44 wrote:This map is built for Magic CTF and normal ctf. It took long enough but this will be the last map I post at All.
No Download
Licence:CC-BY-SA

The graphic looks not good at you, but if you needed high FPS for this. I would recommend that.


Don't complain about the Graphics. I had to reduce the image from 1mb.

I would play this map more at Night.
---------------
New CTF Map
Licence CC BY NC
download: No Download
This map is from the Mountain city map
Image
The Blue Team spawn
Image


New download:Download
+ Spoiler
 

User avatar
ANAND
Member
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54
Location: India
GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD [A-Za-z0-9-_]Tomato

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by ANAND » Tue Mar 12, 2019 08:46

Here's a list of updates from Jan 2019 onwards: viewtopic.php?p=345869#p345869

Make sure you are familiar with all of them! :)
 

User avatar
-sniper-
Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 16:13
Location: Europe
GitHub: JostP
IRC: sniper-
In-game: -sniper-

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by -sniper- » Thu Mar 14, 2019 19:29

Make map from this?

Image
Image

On images is minetest world, converted from minecraft world. I used this: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13709&hilit=mcimport.

Original minecraft map: http://www.minecraftmaps.com/city-maps/world-of-worlds

I don't know if using it as CTF map is legal (if minecraft maps have Copyright license).
My CTF maps: Karsthafen, River valley, Tunnel, Plain battle, Forest map. I play in capture the flag server.
 

User avatar
ANAND
Member
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54
Location: India
GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD [A-Za-z0-9-_]Tomato

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by ANAND » Sun Mar 17, 2019 15:19

Looks very nice! About licensing, here's a comment from the linked page:

Code: Select all
<Zeemo>
    <HighCraftMC> Hello i am a server owner can i use your map on my server?

No problems if you give me credit.
In description, in your hub or in video with a view of my map you have to include "From World of Worlds map created by Zeemo". And have fun my friend ;)


I don't see any major issues in this respect. If you want to convert this, good luck. I don't have any issues with including monuments as long as they aren't associated with any specific religion.
 

User avatar
ANAND
Member
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54
Location: India
GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD [A-Za-z0-9-_]Tomato

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by ANAND » Sun Mar 17, 2019 16:57

Updates



  • You can now use /summary to check the scores of the current match too.

    Image
    Image
  • You'll move noticeably faster in every way. This includes walking, swimming, sprinting, jumping, etc. This speed increase makes sense because CTF is a fast-paced action game.

    Here's a video to demonstrate the new speeds: https://youtu.be/yBNhx5J_V_4
    (Sorry for the poor video quality, by the way)
  • You'll get a HUD indication of any score you gain, including kill scores, bounties, etc. To see this in action, go kill someone or bag a bounty.
 

User avatar
PanzerBandit
Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:29
In-game: PanzerBandit

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by PanzerBandit » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:47

ANAND wrote:

Updates



  • You can now use /summary to check the scores of the current match too.

    Image
    Image
  • You'll move noticeably faster in every way. This includes walking, swimming, sprinting, jumping, etc. This speed increase makes sense because CTF is a fast-paced action game.

    Here's a video to demonstrate the new speeds: https://youtu.be/yBNhx5J_V_4
    (Sorry for the poor video quality, by the way)
  • You'll get a HUD indication of any score you gain, including kill scores, bounties, etc. To see this in action, go kill someone or bag a bounty.



Cool!
 

User avatar
ANAND
Member
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54
Location: India
GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD [A-Za-z0-9-_]Tomato

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by ANAND » Tue Mar 19, 2019 16:52

The CTF 0.4.17.1 server has shutdown forever. Please upgrade to Minetest 5.0.0 to continue playing on the server.

 

Chem871
Member
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 21:49
Location: SCP-2935
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Nyx Serris

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by Chem871 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 21:50

I'd like to report a bug; anytime I plant a sapling, the server immediately crashes.
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.
 

User avatar
ANAND
Member
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54
Location: India
GitHub: ClobberXD
IRC: ANAND ClobberXD
In-game: ANAND ClobberXD [A-Za-z0-9-_]Tomato

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by ANAND » Wed Mar 20, 2019 01:08

This bug has already been brought to our attention, but thanks for reporting. This bug is a result of an earlier screwed-up PR which removed unused MTG features, but didn't update the node callbacks. The fix is ready though (https://github.com/MT-CTF/capturetheflag/pull/379), and will be merged after testing.

Upcoming feature: https://github.com/MT-CTF/capturetheflag/pull/380
 

Previous

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jon987 and 6 guests