[Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

A newbie killed you
In-game: Warthog and other names

Re: [Server] Capture the Flag Server (Guns!)

by A newbie killed you » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 23:24
You were banned for breaking the rules, and your excuses for some of your rulebreaking was "But the rules formspec wasn't shown to me when I joined" (Highly doubt that, you admitted it was shown to other accounts too) so the existence of a rule against ban evading wouldn't have stopped you anyway.
Just wanna tell, yesterday when i made new acc the rules didnt show up, really wierd, its third time it happend
Got the most powerful handgun in capture the flag, and it would blow your head clean off, youve got to ask yourself one question - Do I feel lucky?

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf or LoneWolfHT
In-game: Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Google 'how to use git on <Your OS>' (If you're on Windows then replace <Your OS> with 'Windows'
Just wanna tell, yesterday when i made new acc the rules didnt show up, really wierd, its third time it happend
I guess I'll direct you to the rules tab in your inv then

Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Git for windows: tortoisegit + gitforwindows
(Its only a hint. It is not adverticing or anything else)
My English isn't very good because I'm Dutch ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" Vote your gang

Waterbug
IRC: Waterbug
In-game: Waterbug Treeman

by Waterbug » Post

A newbie killed you wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 22:14
Waterbug wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 01:01
My internet is currently 3 Mbps download speed and 1 Mbps upload speed. And on top of that I have about 5 other people in my house using it most of the time. I suppose I could try upgrading but I don't know if that will help.
You should defenitly upgrade, and at least use 2G, 3G or 4G network if there are, i have no lag but my computer is fried potatos. Windows have lower upload/download mbps i think, but i think if you have 5 guys connected to your local that would be many lag spikes, tought of using usb modem?

Sometimes when ive been connected for a long time i start lagging, sometimes when the server is full i lag, but when bug says hes laggy im not. Well, i recommend you to install ubuntustudio on a usb drive and then use that when it gets laggy, it might help

But my network is enough, i got 12 mbps on my network card and 150 on my modem (downtime)
I should mention that I already have the best internet available in my area for online gaming. The only other options in my area are either less Mbps/sec, wireless connections, or satellite connections; the latter 2 being no good for online gaming do to inconsistency and/or high latency. I could get a gaming router, which would prioritize gaming packets over other packets, but that would seriously annoy everyone else in my house whenever I gamed because they would get pretty much no connection.

I used to not lag much years ago when I first played CTF because the server had less lag then, people in my house weren't using the internet as much then, and we had a Netgear router (it might have been a gaming router) that we don't have anymore.

That all being said I don't think there is really much I can do currently to get a better connection. So I am just waiting for the future in the hopes that better internet plans will come to my area.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

By the way I made a video of what it's like to play with insane lag. I'll post it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSU4fFnHjJg

The video is 11 minutes long so you guys don't have to watch the whole thing if you don't want to.

A newbie killed you

I think the problem is that your computer is far away from the router and dont got full signal, try to put the router near your computer or in same room, i had bad signal a few days ago and then it looked like yout video. It cant be anything else

There are some cheap chinese crap you can buy, and if it dont work im sure there are some kind or warranty

If it is more then 10 meters to your router or many walls the signal is decreasing, and then you will have lower up/downtime

My cousin Froggy_ has same problem as you, he told me this
Last edited by A newbie killed you on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
Got the most powerful handgun in capture the flag, and it would blow your head clean off, youve got to ask yourself one question - Do I feel lucky?

A newbie killed you

I checked ban on my warthog acc, and the ban has changed, idk why

A newbie killed you

I should been unbanned 1 / 8 12 PM, so you have to do it manually

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:28
I checked ban on my warthog acc, and the ban has changed, idk why
I should been unbanned 1 / 8 12 PM, so you have to do it manually
The ban looks fine to me

To quote you:
Lone wolf i can answer right now im not reading or following rules

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:26
I think the problem is that your computer is far away from the router and dont got full signal, try to put the router near your computer or in same room, i had bad signal a few days ago and then it looked like yout video. It cant be anything else

There are some cheap chinese crap you can buy, and if it dont work im sure there are some kind or warranty

If it is more then 10 meters to your router or many walls the signal is decreasing, and then you will have lower up/downtime

My cousin Froggy_ has same problem as you, he told me this
Dude, I have a cat6 Ethernet cable running from my router to my computer.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

I don't understand why I get this every time I download a fresh copy of the CTF game and try to run it on my computer.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

You need to recursively clone, using git

Code: Select all

git clone --recursive https://github.com/MT-CTF/capturetheflag
or

Code: Select all

git submodule update --init

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

The classes in this game are currently not well balanced. So I have a list of suggestions to make things better.
I will state each suggestion in this post in bold font and then state my thoughts about why I think the change should be made after each suggestion.
As you read through these suggestions, it may seem like I am trying to get rid of the differences between the classes (and therefore defeat the purpose of the classes), but I am not. I am only trying to get rid of differences that are causing severe imbalance and replace them with more subtle differences that will not be likely to create such horrible imbalance. It is better to fix the things that we already have than to add more stuff.
The reason why I am posting this here and not on github is because I cannot sign up on github. github will not accept my email address.
+All my suggestions for class system improvement

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Here is another list of suggestions that could improve CTF game-play. The suggestions I will make in this post should work well with the ones in my previous post.
Make sure to read the post before this one before reading this post.
+Suggestions for CTF game-play improvement
Last edited by Waterbug on Sun Aug 16, 2020 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

I think this will make med-kits better.
If each med-kit has 20 hp of healing power, and each time you use a med-kit, the number of hp you were healed will be subtracted from the med-kit. And if your healing is interrupted, you keep the med-kit, and however much healing you got will be subtracted from the med-kit.
Example #1: You have 3 hp, start to use a med-kit that has 20 hp of healing power, and successfully reach 20 hp. You will still have the med-kit after this healing, but it will only have 3 hp of healing power left.
Example #2: You have 5 hp, and start to use a med-kit that only has 10 hp of healing power remaining, so you will get healed up to 15 hp and then you will lose the med-kit.
Example #3: You have 9 hp, and start to use a med-kit that has 20 hp of healing power, but your healing is interrupted at 17 hp. You will still have the med-kit, but it will only have 12 hp of healing power left, and you will not lose the 8 hp that you gained from using it.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Waterbug wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 15:02
I think this will make med-kits better.
If each med-kit has 20 hp of healing power, and each time you use a med-kit, the number of hp you were healed will be subtracted from the med-kit. And if your healing is interrupted, you keep the med-kit, and however much healing you got will be subtracted from the med-kit.
I like this
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

Waterbug

by Waterbug » Post

Can someone explain this??? Everyone on this server needs a spanking for being a noob.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

I recently came back under a secret account, and noticed that this player named "Warthog" was giving people grief and cheating. They're also known as DaWarthog and DaPurpleHaze.
What is SCP-055?

A newbie killed you

Chem871 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 15:31
I recently came back under a secret account, and noticed that this player named "Warthog" was giving people grief and cheating. They're also known as DaWarthog and DaPurpleHaze.
Stop lying

A newbie killed you

And who said thos accs are mine? You cant prove it noob

A newbie killed you

Waterbug wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 23:26

Can someone explain this??? Everyone on this server needs a spanking for being a noob.
Excuse me, but there are smart people and dumb people.
And apparaently you are not one of the smart

A newbie killed you

Waterbug wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 04:13
Here is another list of suggestions that could improve CTF game-play. The suggestions I will make in this post should work well with the ones in my previous post.
Make sure to read the post before this one before reading this post.
+Suggestions for CTF game-play improvement
Waterbug ive actually been working on a new ctf game (copy of the old one), right now im working on trasure generator, and changing speed i dont like. I removed snipers from my ctf tho

And changing damage idk, that idea sucks; except if it is to make sword stronger compared to other tools

I had toughts of reducing shooter and medics damage to 50 % from swords

And many players got problems with team work, i hope i can find a solution on that....

A newbie killed you

By the way wich texture pack is that?

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Thu Sep 03, 2020 02:41
And who said thos accs are mine? You cant prove it noob
This reaction alone half-proves it. Besides, the admin can check your IP.
What is SCP-055?

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I let Warthog know they'd lose their DaPurpleHaze account if they didn't start behaving