Page 2 of 2

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 16:35
by angelo1123_
There was no more point in it,I lost all my jobs due to "cooljar10" some guy who hates me I lost interest in most servers so I gave up I might take a break or might not come back Idk

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 17:48
by redblade7
angelo1123_ wrote:There was no more point in it,I lost all my jobs due to "cooljar10" some guy who hates me I lost interest in most servers so I gave up I might take a break or might not come back Idk


Was "cooljar10" a griefer on my servers? I can take a look and ban him if you want. I am very aggressive against griefers on my servers.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 15:03
by angelo1123_
He likes to take over servers just don't trust him he also griefed many server just e careful with who u trust he also uses alt account

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 15:30
by Chem871
Yuzuki_Airi told me that this "cooljar10" also ruined the Shiningmoon server, so be careful around him/her.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 19:59
by angelo1123_
Tell Yukuzi_Airi one day I will help him

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 01:23
by redblade7
Chem871 wrote:Yuzuki_Airi told me that this "cooljar10" also ruined the Shiningmoon server, so be careful around him/her.


I found him in my logs for Digital Farms, apparently I had a conversation with him in March where he repeatedly begged for "staff" and free items. As when other users as for "staff" or "admin", I jokingly asked if he was willing to pay $40/mo for VPS fees. He also asked me questions about running a server himself and I answered him. But he did not do any damage. Regardless, I just banned him since people are complaining about him and perhaps new server owners might be conned by griefers into thinking "staff" exists.

I didn't see any alts or the IP on any of my other servers.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:45
by angelo1123_
Revoke his privs too he can use vpn to re access his account

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 14:52
by redblade7
angelo1123_ wrote:Revoke his privs too he can use vpn to re access his account


He better not use my VPN!

Without posting the details of how the ban system works, revoking his privileges won't really make a difference, as he will either be kicked right away or know the way around it. Especially if he uses a VPN this could get nasty (either him getting around bans or innocent users of that same VPN being banned forever).

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 15:21
by angelo1123_
I see but I can assure you he gets around bans you should try the limiting mod it will not allow him to used his account this is kinda better than banning problem is he can make new account

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 15:27
by redblade7
angelo1123_ wrote:I see but I can assure you he gets around bans you should try the limiting mod it will not allow him to used his account this is kinda better than banning problem is he can make new account


The system will have no way of knowing if he creates a new account. If he uses the same IPs regardless of name, or name regardless of IP, he will be kicked before joining.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 15:32
by redblade7
redblade7 wrote:
angelo1123_ wrote:I see but I can assure you he gets around bans you should try the limiting mod it will not allow him to used his account this is kinda better than banning problem is he can make new account


The system will have no way of knowing if he creates a new account. If he uses the same IPs regardless of name, or name regardless of IP, he will be kicked before joining.


Same name + same IP = kick before join
Same name + different IP = kick before join
Different name + same IP = kick before join
Different name + different IP = indistinguishable from another player, so no ban

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 22:16
by angelo1123_
I see

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 21:45
by redblade7
Never thought I'd have to add this but...

Rule #9: No sharing of passwords

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 23:12
by angelo1123_
That hardly happened lol

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 02:08
by redblade7
angelo1123_ wrote:That hardly happened lol


What hardly happened?

What had happened was on the Digital Farms, a user had been unjustly banned some time ago based on a computer glitch which looked like defiant pit griefing in front of me. A regular player who had spoken to him thought she could reserve a similar nickname and share the password with him when he returned. Another random user who was on at the time pretended to be the banned user and requested the password, while it turned out the guy who reserved the similar name was actually her brother trolling everyone. So you can see how situations like this would screw with the xban2 mod and result in innocent people being banned.

Plus I'd think it would be common sense not to share your passwords with strangers.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:01
by angelo1123_
redblade7 wrote:
angelo1123_ wrote:That hardly happened lol


What hardly happened?

What had happened was on the Digital Farms, a user had been unjustly banned some time ago based on a computer glitch which looked like defiant pit griefing in front of me. A regular player who had spoken to him thought she could reserve a similar nickname and share the password with him when he returned. Another random user who was on at the time pretended to be the banned user and requested the password, while it turned out the guy who reserved the similar name was actually her brother trolling everyone. So you can see how situations like this would screw with the xban2 mod and result in innocent people being banned.

Plus I'd think it would be common sense not to share your passwords with strangers.


This type of stuff usually happens around "young" players about from the ages of 3-9.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 01:44
by redblade7
Just a note that a lot of new stuff was added between December 2017 and January 2018, including full-size unified_inventory, waypoints, armor (no pvp), horses and more.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 22:45
by redblade7
By request of "Miner123", here is a 4K-resolution map of The Creative Gardens, made with minetestmapper (the C++ version which supports postgresql)

The Creative Gardens is almost three years old and very populated, including Old Spawn Town (in the center of the map) which is just portrayed as a dark gray square for some reason, but because of boost_cart/mesecons-based railroads, there are a number of locations you can make out. I can see Marin-Chan Beach, Puppy Islands, Starlight Farms, and Comic Sans Desert City, and some buildings and sculptures in those places or outside them. Because of the amount of trees and plants, a lot of stuff can't be seen, including New Spawn Town which I can't find. Do you see anything I missed?

EDIT: Apparently 4K is too big for imgur, so the full resolution is scaled down (it's still a lot more than 1080 so it doesn't really matter that much :). Anyone know of other image hosting that will cover 3840x2160 and will give me thumbnails?

Image

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 23:32
by redblade7
Krypt aka starfire, I feel horrible and am very sorry for breaking your stuff. It was entirely my fault, and only someone with admin powers can break protection blocks, not griefers which is what you thought. More info on my goof in fighting a nasty griefer here.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 04:22
by redblade7
By request I've uploaded more recent ones. This is one dated 4/4/2018

Hosting is via my Discord server (too NSFW to discuss or link to here, but it's on my Twitter page), which keeps the full 4K resolution (unlike imgur which scales it down a bit)

Image

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 21:05
by redblade7
I am aware of the daily crashes going on. It stems from the unmaintained bees mod. I am looking for a solution.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 21:08
by redblade7
redblade7 wrote:I am aware of the daily crashes going on. It stems from the unmaintained bees mod. I am looking for a solution.


I found a bunch of problems with the bees mod, and have tested out solutions and it seems to work. Thank you for your patience.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 21:42
by redblade7
Yesterday I discovered a typo introduced late February 2018 which had caused additional slowness. This has been fixed as of May 9, 2018.

Re: ANNOUNCE: "THE CREATIVE GARDENS" Server

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 06:43
by redblade7
Image

This one is dated 5/19/2018