[Server] Survival X

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SaKeL » Post

Im not aware on how macros work, where are the macros programmed and how are they executed? Is it part of csm ?

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

killing someone in spawn should be a bannable offense. just saying.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

SaKeL wrote:Im not aware on how macros work, where are the macros programmed and how are they executed? Is it part of csm ?
Because I sometimes play using a ps4 controller, I mapped some commands to touchpad actions, like clicking the pad automatically presses /, h,o,m,e,[enter], in that order.
no csm, no programming, just a custom inputmapper profile.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

I have trouble getting detectors to detect things in inventory and activate anything. I also have trouble getting movers to move fuel from a generator to a box or to a battery or to move items from one box to another.

Detector:
To keep things simple I'm first trying to get the detector to activate a keypad that toggles a light. The keypad works and toggles the light when I punch it; but the detector does not trip the keypad. I put a mese apple into a chest that is monitored by a detector which is in inventory mode and the filter is set on obsidianmese:mese_apple. If I put an obsidianmese:mese_apple into a chest that is under a detector, I want that detector to trigger the keypad so that toggles a light on or off or else trigger something else such as a mover. Is that do-able?

Mover and inventory:
I want to get a mover to move things between boxes. I have a mover next to a battery (with maxpower 19 and capacity 18, and its got powerblocks in it). The mover has sources 1 and 2 set to a locked chest and target to another locked chest. The first chest contains pine wood planks. The filter on the mover is set to default:pine_wood. A keypad is set to activate the mover, but when activated nothing happens and no error message appears.
SaKeL wrote: added carrots, beetroot and potatoes
Those carrot seeds have started appearing. I have some carrot seeds now. Nice.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

PolySaken wrote:
SaKeL wrote:Im not aware on how macros work, where are the macros programmed and how are they executed? Is it part of csm ?
Because I sometimes play using a ps4 controller, I mapped some commands to touchpad actions, like clicking the pad automatically presses /, h,o,m,e,[enter], in that order.
no csm, no programming, just a custom inputmapper profile.
That's ok, i have no issues with that, thanks for asking.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

@lightseer
i have no trouble with movers...works mostly as i expected and your setup seems to be correct, but there might be just the one setting what can be missing, maybe the best to ask someone in the game to help you or in the basic machines forum or basic machines wiki page.

As of the detector, i have never made it work, not sure how it suppose to work and i failed every time i tried what resulted with me never using that block :) ...also i was lazy to read the basic machines wiki, maybe it is there... would be nice to know from someone how to setup the detector or how it suppose to work..

..did you try to set the mover to invert value 1 ? maybe that helps..

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE
* adjusted names of potato and carrot seeds to plating potatoes and carrots
* improved simple skins hint message - added hint on how to switch to 3rd person view on PC - (F7)
* re-designed unified_inventory theme - lower res, lower color map, compressed, pixel art, more MT styled, more survival styled theme - performance improvement (inspired and modified from Pixel Perfection by XSSheep)

Attachments
screenshot_20180217_231233-min.jpg
screenshot_20180217_231233-min.jpg (346.85 KiB) Viewed 684 times

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

SaKeL wrote:@lightseer
i have no trouble with movers...works mostly as i expected and your setup seems to be correct, but there might be just the one setting what can be missing, maybe the best to ask someone in the game to help you or in the basic machines forum or basic machines wiki page.
Setting that to reverse does the trick!
SaKeL wrote:As of the detector, i have never made it work, not sure how it suppose to work and i failed every time i tried what resulted with me never using that block :) ...also i was lazy to read the basic machines wiki, maybe it is there... would be nice to know from someone how to setup the detector or how it suppose to work..
I have been looking at other setups. The next thing is to use the detector with lava and cobblestone production. If that works I'll revisit detection of inventory.

rnd
GitHub: ac-minetest
IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

by rnd » Post

lightseer wrote:I have trouble getting detectors to detect things in inventory and activate anything. I also have trouble getting movers to move fuel from a generator to a box or to a battery or to move items from one box to another.

Detector:
To keep things simple I'm first trying to get the detector to activate a keypad that toggles a light. The keypad works and toggles the light when I punch it; but the detector does not trip the keypad. I put a mese apple into a chest that is monitored by a detector which is in inventory mode and the filter is set on obsidianmese:mese_apple. If I put an obsidianmese:mese_apple into a chest that is under a detector, I want that detector to trigger the keypad so that toggles a light on or off or else trigger something else such as a mover. Is that do-able?

Why detector->keypad->light? You can use detector->light directly. Also nothing in machines works without being activated by signal. So either make 'player' activate detector by pressing keypad or activate detector continuously (1x every 5s) with 'clock generator'.

'If .. then .. else' is doable if you select out filter to '1' in detector - then it will output ON on detect else OFF. Normally other machines are only activated by ON so you just need to connect another distributor which can act as NOT gate and filter signals further.
Mover and inventory:
I want to get a mover to move things between boxes. I have a mover next to a battery (with maxpower 19 and capacity 18, and its got powerblocks in it). The mover has sources 1 and 2 set to a locked chest and target to another locked chest. The first chest contains pine wood planks. The filter on the mover is set to default:pine_wood. A keypad is set to activate the mover, but when activated nothing happens and no error message appears.
It normally moves from 1 to 2 so check again from where to where you want to move. You can toggle move direction by setting 'reverse' to 1. Also you don't need to use detectors everywhere - movers do most of checking already ( like for stone in lava+water farm just write default:stone in mover filter)
1EvCmxbzl5KDu6XAunE1K853Lq6VVOsT

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

rnd wrote:
Why detector->keypad->light? You can use detector->light directly. Also nothing in machines works without being activated by signal. So either make 'player' activate detector by pressing keypad or activate detector continuously (1x every 5s) with 'clock generator'.

'If .. then .. else' is doable if you select out filter to '1' in detector - then it will output ON on detect else OFF. Normally other machines are only activated by ON so you just need to connect another distributor which can act as NOT gate and filter signals further.

It normally moves from 1 to 2 so check again from where to where you want to move. You can toggle move direction by setting 'reverse' to 1. Also you don't need to use detectors everywhere - movers do most of checking already ( like for stone in lava+water farm just write default:stone in mover filter)
Thanks for your helpful reply.

I have not used the detector before, and the keypad does a number of repetitions. So its keypad --> detector -> machine. I typically use a keypad with an autocrafter to make clay from clay lumps or with a grinder to grind 98 cubes of dirt. I think what you are saying is that if I put the detector in between then I will be able to make a keypad signal like that conditional, so that is where I will start out testing the detector. Also the mover is working using the -1 setting, so now I have that working and also will give the reverse=1 some testing, too.

By the way I have the tribaljoe account on Survival X and am building all the time. I recently added a house on the south road across from the pyramid.

GamerPro999
In-game: GamerPro999

by GamerPro999 » Post

1. why the Arena is closed? we can acces only by the top and it are no mob
2. (a little bug) the bone (when you kill poeple) ,we cannot take the stuff that are IN the bone, but just after some minute. (when the bone change of fresh to old bone) i think that is a big problem cause its a PvP server. Thx to solved it
3. can you find a way to solved the killing in the spawn (a lot of guy just stay there and wait a godd player with full stuff pass and kill him) just in the wall of the spawn for the newbies.
4. go see at this Topic, a guy cause trouble: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19653
Re: Someone is selling stolen account passwords!

by GamerPro999 » 19 Feb 2018, 08:30
Mirciol come on the Survival X server too. he said he give bank account with a lot of money by giving diamond, messe and gold. i see it yesterday (18 Feb 2018) thx to ban him on that server cause he create trouble ;-)
In Game Name: GamerPro999

ADM17
IRC: MikeSL
In-game: ADM17

Reporting Hacker

by ADM17 » Post

Hi SaKeL, at the server is actualy a hacker called KillAllEr flying in front of me and trying to invade my castle. I made a small video i cant upload and some screenshots.

Hope you can ban him, its long time ago i saw a hacker before him :(
Attachments
report.png
report.png (516.69 KiB) Viewed 684 times

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

Ohh, and after making the screenshot i changed my password. I thought it would be safer when a hacker is going around without killing and i saw GamerPro999's post, so i changed my password and now i cant log-in anymore. Hope you can change my password and send it me via forum pm/message.

GamerPro999
In-game: GamerPro999

by GamerPro999 » Post

if you dont see it, in the chat, it say " KillAllEr was caught flying" so i think the problem is solved!
In Game Name: GamerPro999

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

SaKeL wrote:UPDATE
* adjusted names of potato and carrot seeds to plating potatoes and carrots
* improved simple skins hint message - added hint on how to switch to 3rd person view on PC - (F7)
* re-designed unified_inventory theme - lower res, lower color map, compressed, pixel art, more MT styled, more survival styled theme - performance improvement (inspired and modified from Pixel Perfection by XSSheep)

how much of inv performance boost does this give? would you be willing to release your modified verion of unified inv on the forums?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

GamerPro999 wrote:1. why the Arena is closed? we can acces only by the top and it are no mob
2. (a little bug) the bone (when you kill poeple) ,we cannot take the stuff that are IN the bone, but just after some minute. (when the bone change of fresh to old bone) i think that is a big problem cause its a PvP server. Thx to solved it
3. can you find a way to solved the killing in the spawn (a lot of guy just stay there and wait a godd player with full stuff pass and kill him) just in the wall of the spawn for the newbies.
4. go see at this Topic, a guy cause trouble: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19653
Re: Someone is selling stolen account passwords!

by GamerPro999 » 19 Feb 2018, 08:30
Mirciol come on the Survival X server too. he said he give bank account with a lot of money by giving diamond, messe and gold. i see it yesterday (18 Feb 2018) thx to ban him on that server cause he create trouble ;-)
1. because there are mobs and a boss mob what should not be wondering around the world therefore its restricted in the MMORPG Arena from where he cant escape, therefore the only way is to get there from above

2. not a bug but default MT config, players often use lag and different MT bugs for killing players not a fair way, therefore the bone mod with timeout will give the player who was unfairly killed to get his stuff back, also hand when you die by mining/lava you have a chance to get your stuff back

3. see point 2. (1st solution bones + timeout = get your stuff back when killed unfairly), 2nd solution city block with jail system - note: city block and MT is not perfect and there will be always ways how players can get around it (lag, bugs in MT) also as you already mentioned - its Suvival game afterwards so PvP is allowed, i am also open to suggestions what are not necessary introduce another mod. There are always people hanging around the spawn..i would suggest everyone to get out from the Spawn and play the game..maybe then others will not have the reason and fun to go to Spawn and kill players what are hanging around there.

4. don't believe everything what you see in the chat, there is no confirmation on such a event and 'official' statement from the server owners does not confirm any data leaks - you got tricked by a scammer
Last edited by SaKeL on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

@ADM17, @GamerPro999 thanks for reporting, the player was taken care of ;)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

@Stix
The new theme doesn't aim to make ui faster, rather it is a small part of a bigger task "performance improvements" where i am going through all the mods on the server and minimizing every possible file, removing unnecessary files, refactoring code. Unified inventory is just a small part in this.
The code and all mods on the server are public.

unified_inventory: https://bitbucket.org/minetest_gamers/unified_inventory (bags are not included since they are not used on the server)
3d armor form spec bg: https://bitbucket.org/minetest_gamers/3d_armor
simple skins (just the ui icon): https://bitbucket.org/minetest_gamers/simple_skins

kingtux

by kingtux » Post

Does anyone know how majete stole all my stuff, including my protected shop? I came back to this server after a few months, i think, and now it thinks I'm a new user. When I found my old shop, it was externally unchanged, but now all the protection blocks I placed are owned by majete. How did this happen? Does the server delete users, or is majete a hacker?

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

kingtux wrote:Does anyone know how majete stole all my stuff, including my protected shop? I came back to this server after a few months, i think, and now it thinks I'm a new user. When I found my old shop, it was externally unchanged, but now all the protection blocks I placed are owned by majete. How did this happen? Does the server delete users, or is majete a hacker?
majete has been accused of hacking in chat and 'caught' by anticheat while I was playing.
I'm not surprised that he can bypass protection.
I have also seen him:
- spawnkilling with melee, and being sent to jail without losing his stuff
- running and jumping in the air
- on top of the thing in center of spawn (possibly not cheating there)
- falling from great heights and not dying.

Did youhave iron and sticks in your inventory when you exited? if not, then that could be it too

kingtux

by kingtux » Post

I'm not sure; that was months ago, and I never got the stick/ingot warning until today. Do you have any idea how i could get my stuff (especially my protected areas) back?

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

kingtux wrote:I'm not sure; that was months ago, and I never got the stick/ingot warning until today. Do you have any idea how i could get my stuff (especially my protected areas) back?
Thats easy: to clean up the server, SaKeL deleted all the accounts on the server that didnt join the server after 1 january, after january all their protectors, chest and so on have been removed.

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

Heres the original post:
SaKeL wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT
The next step of cleanup will remove all the deleted players chests, doors, vending machines, basic machines, enchantment tables, city blocks and protection logos/blocks from the world! This will free-up some more space what is currently occupied and blocked by players what are not playing anymore.

If the players what were removed will not login until the end of the month (January 2018) all their above mentioned blocks will be removed.

kingtux

by kingtux » Post

So how do I get my protection blocks back from majete?

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

You cant except ADMIN removes his protections.

But when you see me in game, i can maybe help you.
I know a place near spawn where the account where deleted too ;)