[Server] Survival X

smeagol
GitHub: smeagol
IRC: smeagol
In-game: smeagol

Re: [Server] Survival X

by smeagol » Post

PolySaken wrote:
smeagol wrote:some user creating accounts and flooding me with obscene personal messages -> Xx_Andy_WW, Xx_AndyA32, XX_Andy_BB, Xx_AndyA32.. ignored them, but really prefer to not get personal attacks from this game.
maybe it was because you kept spawnkilling them
i saw the messages
spawn killing ? you can't kill at spawn, but if you mean killing outside spawn, then what is wrong with that ?
Also, you justify their words on a game because of game play ?

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

smeagol wrote:
PolySaken wrote:
smeagol wrote:some user creating accounts and flooding me with obscene personal messages -> Xx_Andy_WW, Xx_AndyA32, XX_Andy_BB, Xx_AndyA32.. ignored them, but really prefer to not get personal attacks from this game.
maybe it was because you kept spawnkilling them
i saw the messages
spawn killing ? you can't kill at spawn, but if you mean killing outside spawn, then what is wrong with that ?
Also, you justify their words on a game because of game play ?
what about all the
"player smeagol was sent to jail for killing Xx_AndyA32 in spawn" messages?
and you can kill and be killed in spawn. just stand there for a few seconds someone will come and kill you pretty much straight away.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

smeagol
GitHub: smeagol
IRC: smeagol
In-game: smeagol

by smeagol » Post

PolySaken wrote:what about all the
"player smeagol was sent to jail for killing Xx_AndyA32 in spawn" messages?
and you can kill and be killed in spawn. just stand there for a few seconds someone will come and kill you pretty much straight away.
"Player <name> sent to jail for killing <player> without reason in town" means above a City block and is NOT at spawn, and IS allowed, and you drop ALL your stuff, and is NOT against the rules.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

is colour_chat allowed?
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

PolySaken wrote:is colour_chat allowed?
of course. why not?

ADM17
IRC: MikeSL
In-game: ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

I think client side mods who affect other players gameplay should be forbidden, the server has its own colors in the chat and i dont think its necessary to write in pink, yellow, green, rainbow... If you want that someone sees your messages, you can just use pm's and the other player will see your message in yellow. The server provides a full gameplay, in my opinion its not necessary to modify it with csm's to get more attention by other players.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

You should update to 0.4.17 and use strip_chat_color
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

ADM17 wrote: i dont think its necessary to write in pink...
Lets block all main chat and write only pm cuz attention to your message is bad? (joke)

Csm's is great possibility that can allow see your message for other peoples correct

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

would this work to completely prevent spawnkilling?
use minetest.register_on_player_hpchange to check if they are inside spawn, and if so set their hp up by 1
probably not i'm an idiot

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

PolySaken wrote:would this work to completely prevent spawnkilling?
use minetest.register_on_player_hpchange to check if they are inside spawn, and if so set their hp up by 1
+10
Use minetest.register_on_player_hpchange then check to see if they're in the area of a city block. If they are then set their hp to the max.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
PolySaken wrote:would this work to completely prevent spawnkilling?
+10
Use minetest.register_on_player_hpchange then check to see if they're in the area of a city block. If they are then set their hp to the max.
that's a way better idea!
you could use:

Code: Select all

if minetest.find_node_near(player:getpos(), 45, "city_block:cityblock") then
         player:set_hp(20)
end

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Mod: city block extension

makes players truly immortal inside the city block's radius.
antipvp.zip
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

PolySaken wrote:Mod: city block extension

antipvp.zip
I'm in favor of this being added +1
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
PolySaken wrote:Mod: city block extension

antipvp.zip
I'm in favor of this being added +1
thanks!

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

Stix wrote:@Sakel could you check the ip of dugger's most recent login (when someone took over his account) and see if that ip matches any other accounts on this server, i have supsicions as of who might have done this but id rather not falsely accuse someone on accident. thx in advance -C
Stix/Guild is lying. I personally saw him kill numerous, random people who did nothing to him and then guarded their bones to steal their stuff. New, random people would unknowingly enter the area where he was on his rampage, and he would kill them too and guard their bones to steal their stuff. He and dugger were guarding upwards of 6-7 different sets of people's bones at the same time, to keep them from getting their stuff back. The people would come back, without attacking him, grab their stuff, and try to run, and he and dugger would chase them down and stab them in the back, while they were running away with their own stuff (and none of his stuff).

Don't believe a word he says.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Sheriff wrote:
Stix wrote:@Sakel could you check the ip of dugger's most recent login (when someone took over his account) and see if that ip matches any other accounts on this server, i have supsicions as of who might have done this but id rather not falsely accuse someone on accident. thx in advance -C
Stix/Guild is lying. I personally saw him kill numerous, random people who did nothing to him and then guarded their bones to steal their stuff. New, random people would unknowingly enter the area where he was on his rampage, and he would kill them too and guard their bones to steal their stuff. He and dugger were guarding upwards of 6-7 different sets of people's bones at the same time, to keep them from getting their stuff back. The people would come back, without attacking him, grab their stuff, and try to run, and he and dugger would chase them down and stab them in the back, while they were running away with their own stuff (and none of his stuff).

Don't believe a word he says.
Your right, you didnt see them attack me, thats because they stopped attacking me after i killed them, as they lost all there gear when i killed them, and i didnt want a bunch of ppl backstabbing me in the middle of the brawl while my guard was down, so i kept them from getting there stuff back. they brang it upon themselves by attempting to assasinate me.

now stop spreading lies and misinformation.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Stix

by Stix » Post

@Sakel dugger was able to get his account back, the player who took his "dugger" account tried to get him to have me pay him 50 diamonds to get his account back, after polysacken (who was online at that time) explained to the player the consequences of identity theft (even if its in a game) he gave dugger (who had been using his "dugger2" acount while his og account was still stolen) back his "dugger" acount back, afterwards theaccount stealer also freely admitted that his account on this server is Jhx, a person who was part of the brawl in snowmans shop.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Stix wrote:@Sakel dugger was able to get his account back, the player who took his "dugger" account tried to get him to have me pay him 50 diamonds to get his account back, after polysacken (who was online at that time) explained to the player the consequences of identity theft (even if its in a game) he gave dugger (who had been using his "dugger2" acount while his og account was still stolen) back his "dugger" acount back, afterwards theaccount stealer also freely admitted that his account on this server is Jhx, a person who was part of the brawl in snowmans shop.
This is true.
In my country and the US username/account theft counts as identity theft.

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

Stix wrote:Your right, you didnt see them attack me, thats because they stopped attacking me after i killed them, as they lost all there gear when i killed them, and i didnt want a bunch of ppl backstabbing me in the middle of the brawl while my guard was down, so i kept them from getting there stuff back. they brang it upon themselves by attempting to assasinate me.

You can't fool me. I was one of the people that you attacked, and I know that I didn't attack you first. (I have never attacked anyone first.) You repeatedly stabbed me in the back, as I grabbed my stuff and tried to run away. Explain that.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Sheriff wrote:
Stix wrote:Your right, you didnt see them attack me, thats because they stopped attacking me after i killed them, as they lost all there gear when i killed them, and i didnt want a bunch of ppl backstabbing me in the middle of the brawl while my guard was down, so i kept them from getting there stuff back. they brang it upon themselves by attempting to assasinate me.

You can't fool me. I was one of the people that you attacked, and I know that I didn't attack you first. (I have never attacked anyone first.) You repeatedly stabbed me in the back, as I grabbed my stuff and tried to run away. Explain that.
If a player looks menacing to me I usually attack them. Why are you trying so hard just to say someone is a liar? Why not take steps to prevent their killing any more 'innocent players'?

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Sheriff wrote:

I call bull on that.
You can't never have attacked first.

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:If a player looks menacing to me I usually attack them. Why are you trying so hard just to say someone is a liar?
If you read the whole thread related to this particular battle, you'll see that I'm only pointing out that he wasn't an innocent victim, like he has been trying to portray himself. Many players were witnesses to his aggression.
Lone_Wolf wrote:Why not take steps to prevent their killing any more 'innocent players'?
Sounds like somebody did, and Stix went tattling to the admin about it.

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

PolySaken wrote:I call bull on that.
You can't never have attacked first.
I've attacked and killed plenty, but never as the initial aggressor--always in defense or to get my stuff back or the stuff of someone else who wasn't an initial aggressor.

If that's hard for you to believe, perhaps it's because you're an aggressor yourself and can't understand someone who isn't.

In my experience, those who initiate aggression are the most prone to go whining to the admin when someone does to them what they have been doing to others.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Why not take steps to prevent their killing any more 'innocent players'?
Sherrif wrote:Sounds like somebody did, and Stix went tattling to the admin about it.
oh grow up, your still using the term "tattling" as an exscuse for what they did? Hacking an account should never be tolerated on public servers.
Last edited by Stix on Mon Mar 26, 2018 23:44, edited 1 time in total.