[Server] Survival X

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SaKeL » Post

Survival X is lightweight server with focus on performance and game balance with unique mods. Moreores is not unique (every server has them), adds a lot of useless tools and materials to the game which are not balanced at all - even vanila minetest has challenge to balance the game with 5 tools and above all i will never add lua mapgen to the server and cause lag to everyone. I rather come up with something more unique what does not every server have.

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

PolySaken wrote:
Minetest_RN wrote:Can you add the ore mithril...
...use line breaks please.
LOL

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

PolySaken wrote:
ack wrote:
Minetest_RN wrote:Can you add the ore mithril...
The problem with adding map based mods is the map has already generated. So the mod wont take effect. Unless there is a way for the mod to slowly take effect over map areas while a playing is re-visiting a location.
I think ores regenerate, so adding another will just mean we'll need to wait.
Are you sure ores regenerate? I've never seen evidence of that. I've gone into very old mines that I cleared all ores out of over a year ago, and there are no new ores to be seen.

I was thinking the same thing as ack. The only places where mithril will show up is volumes of space where noone has ever come near and caused them to get autogenerated. Perhaps a script could be written and run against the database that does an initial population of mithril in the existing map. We could look at the logic in the mithril mod, to see what their random values are, based on depth, etc., and emulate that with this one-time script. (You'll probably want to back up the database right before running it though.) I would be happy to help with writing the script and/or researching the existing logic in the mithril mod.

m8ii

Mover bug

by m8ii » Post

Mover, mode=normal, reverse=1, source (12, 1, 10), (14, 4, 12), makes one more layer at bottom (12,0,10)-(12,0,12).
Reverse=1 works good.
It was before upgrade to 0.4.17.1.
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)

piojoblanco
In-game: Piojoblanco

by piojoblanco » Post

Today the server is going down every 2 to 4 minutes with an internal server error.

m8ii

by m8ii » Post

piojoblanco wrote:Today the server is going down every 2 to 4 minutes with an internal server error.
Crashial X.
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)

m8ii

Annoying message from mover

by m8ii » Post

Annoying message, when i place mover.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

there is bunch of errors in the new basic machines update, will fix it when i get home, should keep the previous version - it worked just fine :P

talamh

by talamh » Post

SaKeL wrote:there is bunch of errors in the new basic machines update, will fix it when i get home, should keep the previous version - it worked just fine :P
Distributor not checking if the delay entered is actually numeric seems to be the biggest issue. Trivial to enter a letter and cause a crash.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE
* fixed some errors in basic machines what caused the crashes

I haven't seen any errors in distributor, most of them were in mover, should be fixed now, will keep an eye on it and will be doing fixes if something new occurs. Fixes will be available after the server restarts next time.

Thanks for the patience and have fun!

AngelX007GR
GitHub: AngelX007GR
IRC: AngelX007GR
In-game: AngelX007GR

by AngelX007GR » Post

Any plans on adding basic_robot?It's very very useful and can make spawn better.You can even make shops with it,repair tools,make factories more automated and alot more.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

AngelX007GR wrote:Any plans on adding basic_robot?It's very very useful and can make spawn better.You can even make shops with it,repair tools,make factories more automated and alot more.
I hear you can also duplicate items with it. And it isn't hard to crash a server with it
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
AngelX007GR wrote:Any plans on adding basic_robot?It's very very useful and can make spawn better.You can even make shops with it,repair tools,make factories more automated and alot more.
I hear you can also duplicate items with it. And it isn't hard to crash a server with it
As i know, dublicate with robot is fixed

viewtopic.php?p=324792#p324792

ADM17
IRC: MikeSL
In-game: ADM17

Problem with spawner-figures

by ADM17 » Post

Its nice too see you again SaKeL, and thanks for looking at the hackers.
About performance: its possible teleport the little monster-figures from inside the spawner into other blocks.Then they spin forever, cost cpu-power to calcute and dont despawn. Maybe you can fix that, it could help alot with the fps as it may remove a lot of unnecesary entitys. PS: I used Object mode in the mover to do this.
Here an example located at 116,2,56:

Sorry about the messy image.
Attachments
spawner-figures
spawner-figures
screenshot_20180714_124713.png (664.29 KiB) Viewed 887 times

SaKeL

Re: Problem with spawner-figures

by SaKeL » Post

ADM17 wrote:Its nice too see you again SaKeL, and thanks for looking at the hackers.
About performance: its possible teleport the little monster-figures from inside the spawner into other blocks.Then they spin forever, cost cpu-power to calcute and dont despawn. Maybe you can fix that, it could help alot with the fps as it may remove a lot of unnecesary entitys. PS: I used Object mode in the mover to do this.
Here an example located at 116,2,56:

Sorry about the messy image.
I totally agree ADM17, i have already seen some floating figures in the world, i just haven't the time to figure out how to use the machines to achieve this. Thanks for the heads up, now i can have a look at it, fix it and test it. After that i will clear the objects on the whole map. This will take hours and will do it right after the server regularly restarts and backs up - so when you cannot connect or getting time-outs you know whats happening. Thanks for the helpful input ADM17.

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

Thanks, i'm very happy that you're back.

RWЯ
GitHub: DreamCrusher
IRC: DabbetulArz
In-game: Hood

by RWЯ » Post

Is there any totorial or can anyone expain/show me how to make auto-machines as auto-grinder, auto-tree collecting...
If I feel it then I do it (I don’t need a reason why)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

RWЯ wrote:Is there any totorial or can anyone expain/show me how to make auto-machines as auto-grinder, auto-tree collecting...
There is wiki: https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_machines/wiki
Its not perfect and maybe not completely up to date but that probably all we have :) (except reading through the basic machines forum page)

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

RWЯ wrote:Is there any totorial or can anyone expain/show me how to make auto-machines as auto-grinder, auto-tree collecting...
Sure, when you see me in-game you can ask me.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

update:
* added spwaners entities to no teleport table - movers can't move them anymore outside the cage
* removed sound from grinder
* most likely today after the regular server restart there will be entities/objects clean-up so expect some hours for the server not to be responsive

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD

by HONEYBOOBOOCHILD » Post

SaKeL wrote:update:
* removed sound from grinder
thank goodness

m8ii

Strange

by m8ii » Post

It was happened.
Attachments
v25.jpg
v25.jpg (35.8 KiB) Viewed 887 times

SaKeL

Re: Strange

by SaKeL » Post

m8ii wrote:It was happened.
Please read the updates above, as i said there will be clearing of objects/entities amd it will take some hours..after that you can connect again..ignore those MT errors they dont make sense half of the time :)

piojoblanco
In-game: Piojoblanco

by piojoblanco » Post

Oh no! I love the grinder sound and listen for it to ensure the grinder is receiving feed from the mover without opening the grinder control panel.

RabidRabbit
In-game: RabidRabbit

by RabidRabbit » Post

I freaking LOVE this server and ADMIN is super nice! :D Thanks for the amazing server!!