[Server] Survival X

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SaKeL » Post

RabidRabbit wrote:I freaking LOVE this server and ADMIN is super nice! :D Thanks for the amazing server!!
Thanks you are most welcome, have fun !

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

update:
* all objects were cleaned up - should reduce the lag for a while again
* added new Jungle Tree Sapling - check the craft guide
* added back cotton and cotton strings
* added back floodable torch
* added new flowers on mapgen
* added obsidianmese boat - this boat can be placed and you can use it only on lava - this is super dangerous so be careful with this boat, when you logout on the boat and log back in you will drown in lava lake!!!

Attachments
screenshot_20180715_193004-min.png
screenshot_20180715_193004-min.png (410.87 KiB) Viewed 625 times

ADM17
IRC: MikeSL
In-game: ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

Thanks for upgrading the server, and cleaning up, thats great.
Some things i saw when i logged in this morning are:
The meseboat looks great, but when i try to use it in lava i get killed by the lava, maybe its a bug?
Can you have a look at guy called ROTER?, he's flooding the chat with advertisement for another server.
Edit: he logged out, but i don't know if he comes back.

Thanks for your cool work :)
Attachments
screenshot_20180716_074328.png
screenshot_20180716_074328.png (531.95 KiB) Viewed 625 times

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Thanks ADM17 for letting me know...will see if i can fix that...for now i would say that dont use lava boats else you die :)

talamh

by talamh » Post

Crops are growing too fast, less than 10 seconds to go from from seed to maturity. All crops seem to be affected.
Time to stock up on obsidian wart blocks I think!

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

SaKeL wrote:dont use lava boats else you die :)
How right you are, did it 2 times already. The lava will taste a little bit more like my armor now.....

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

talamh wrote:Crops are growing too fast, less than 10 seconds to go from from seed to maturity. All crops seem to be affected.
Time to stock up on obsidian wart blocks I think!
ups, fixed now :)

RWЯ
GitHub: DreamCrusher
IRC: DabbetulArz
In-game: Hood

by RWЯ » Post

Are there any shops that sells basic materials and that are not empty?
Dirt, stone, glass, sand...
If I feel it then I do it (I don’t need a reason why)

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

RWЯ wrote:Are there any shops that sells basic materials and that are not empty?
Dirt, stone, glass, sand...
I have a public dirt generator, its directly at spawn ( at the road til south, move right directly after spawn, its at your left). I can easiely transform it into a sand-generator ( just ask me ), so you can get sand too. "cook" the sand and you also get glass. Stone: you will find a lot underground, just go to a public mine and dig some (you need to cook the cobble-stone or use a lava-pickaxe in order to get stone). There is a public furnace at 27, 2, 15.

RWЯ
GitHub: DreamCrusher
IRC: DabbetulArz
In-game: Hood

by RWЯ » Post

I wanna report AyyLMAO for writing this and pretending to be me, some ppl ignored me because they belived that im writing this.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180716-235837.png
Screenshot_20180716-235837.png (384.81 KiB) Viewed 625 times
Screenshot_20180716-235741.png
Screenshot_20180716-235741.png (311.48 KiB) Viewed 625 times
If I feel it then I do it (I don’t need a reason why)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

RWЯ wrote:I wanna report AyyLMAO for writing this and pretending to be me, some ppl ignored me because they belived that im writing this.
Thanks for reporting, this is not acceptable behaviour and will ban him for a while 1st thing i do when ill be close to my laptop.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

SaKeL wrote:
RWЯ wrote:I wanna report AyyLMAO for writing this and pretending to be me, some ppl ignored me because they belived that im writing this.
Thanks for reporting, this is not acceptable behaviour and will ban him for a while 1st thing i do when ill be close to my laptop.
They've done the same on three other servers that I know of. Same thing every time
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

I don't know if its possible, but reducing the maximal characters players can use per chat-message would make this impossible. Would make me happy since someone already pranked me with this trick too, and chatted with my name.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Nevermind the lava boat i removed it, dont know how to fix the damage in lava atm..

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

SaKeL wrote:Nevermind the lava boat i removed it, dont know how to fix the damage in lava atm..
I made a copy of the default wooden boat but for lava. Horrible inventory texture but you might find it useful. I don't remember taking damage when I used it
I'll PM you a download link if you're interested.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
SaKeL wrote:Nevermind the lava boat i removed it, dont know how to fix the damage in lava atm..
I made a copy of the default wooden boat but for lava. Horrible inventory texture but you might find it useful. I don't remember taking damage when I used it
I'll PM you a download link if you're interested.
Ou yes that would be helpful, this is also copy of default boat but due to the model i had to change some scaling and collisionbox where it is probably going wrong. Thanks man!

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

SUSLIK is unbanned - last chance

RabidRabbit
In-game: RabidRabbit

by RabidRabbit » Post

Hi y'all. This is a really fun server but recently there has been a slight problem.

The server keeps crashing like, every 5 minutes then it slows down till it stops, and then begins crashing again! lol
Hopefully it's not being crashed purposefully by one of the clients. I'ts really getting annoying XD

Thanks for your time!

-RabidRabbit

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD

SOUALYMANE needs to get fired a moderator

by HONEYBOOBOOCHILD » Post

Y'all the moderator SOUALYMANE used a hack "shutting down" to crash my client and this is unacceptable y'all.
He then threatened that he can do worse. Proof will be in conversation between he and BUBS.
between 2:10-2:20 PM server time central/US. If kicked,banned or asked to leave for violation of some server rule, that's fine. Having a turkey for a moderation that will attack users client stability is a security risk and asking for a return of such childish action.
I demand apology even though I will no longer be playing Survival X. At least warn users that the moderator can choose to hack thier client.

SaKeL

Re: SOUALYMANE needs to get fired a moderator

by SaKeL » Post

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:Y'all the moderator SOUALYMANE used a hack "shutting down" to crash my client and this is unacceptable y'all.
He then threatened that he can do worse. Proof will be in conversation between he and BUBS.
between 2:10-2:20 PM server time central/US. If kicked,banned or asked to leave for violation of some server rule, that's fine. Having a turkey for a moderation that will attack users client stability is a security risk and asking for a return of such childish action.
I demand apology even though I will no longer be playing Survival X. At least warn users that the moderator can choose to hack thier client.
As a moderator SOUALYMANE has a kick privilege - so you got kicked, that is not client hacking.
From the evidence i see in the log files i see that SOUALYMANE gives multiple warnings before taking action.
Also HONEYBOOBOOCHILD didn't even logged in today, while there were multiple wrong passwords registered from this account. I don't understand your attitude and why are you upset. Having racial or discriminating regards as you are showing in your comments seems not to be permitted on the forum and definitely not on Survival X server, so i understand when you choose to play on another server.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

RabidRabbit wrote:Hi y'all. This is a really fun server but recently there has been a slight problem.

The server keeps crashing like, every 5 minutes then it slows down till it stops, and then begins crashing again! lol
Hopefully it's not being crashed purposefully by one of the clients. I'ts really getting annoying XD

Thanks for your time!

-RabidRabbit
This is happening completely random, there are no errors in logs - just random crash and restart. Profiler also not showing higher values than usual when LAG is raised on the server. Very hard to debug and i feel helpless. I have turned on verbose debug level and will see if i see something more useful. Otherwise i can restrict maximum amount of players.

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD

Re: SOUALYMANE needs to get fired a moderator

SaKeL wrote: As a moderator SOUALYMANE has a kick privilege - so you got kicked, that is not client hacking.
Also HONEYBOOBOOCHILD didn't even logged in today, your comments seems not to be permitted on the forum and definitely not on Survival X server
My client shut down with message "Shutting down" I was not "kicked"
Then SOUALYMANE admits this and adds that he can do worse.
CHECK LOGS YOUR SERVER TIMEZONE 2-2:30 PM US CENTRAL TIMEZONE
Him and user "BUBS" not "HONEYBOOBOOCHILD"
Yes I may have bad manners and stuff, I'm no longer welcomed? fine, but don't try to change the context which is about your moderator unvieling a security risk in the minetest client. This should be investigated by the developers. So please, with my permission, post the chat logs and the command he executed on the account BUBS related to this matter right here. Maybe there's a bug report the developers can fix that causes "kick" to shut down a client.

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD

SaKeL have you reviewed the logs of what SOUALYMANE did and then bragged about yet? We all know I have bad manners but can we get back to the subject of your blackhat moderation? I forgot to mention I took screenshots of him bragging about his hacks, but I wanted to see if you would react with honesty or try to coverup his exploits.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

I posted my findings in the last comment

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD wrote:SaKeL have you reviewed the logs of what SOUALYMANE did and then bragged about yet? We all know I have bad manners but can we get back to the subject of your blackhat moderation? I forgot to mention I took screenshots of him bragging about his hacks, but I wanted to see if you would react with honesty or try to coverup his exploits.
If your client is on a mobile device the client can't always handle a server shutdown/kick. And the inability to handle it usually results in the client crashing. There is nothing you can do server side to fix this. Unless you count letting people get away with things they shouldn't. If you don't want your client to crash I would suggest you improve your behavior so that none of the staff members have a reason to kick you