[Server] Survival X

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

Re: [Server] Survival X

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Might want to prevent the placement of water above y -20 unless the user has a 'water' priv. Maybe place that restriction on falling nodes too
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

m8ii

by m8ii » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Might want to prevent the placement of water above y -20 unless the user has a 'water' priv. Maybe place that restriction on falling nodes too
Why -20? +10 better, sometimes someone place water for planting.
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

aha! your foolish water-placing restrictions will have now effect on me! I reside at the lower limits of the world!
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

m8ii wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:Might want to prevent the placement of water above y -20 unless the user has a 'water' priv. Maybe place that restriction on falling nodes too
It's below the surface. The priv would be for trusted players who want to have farms.
These trusted players could also place water for other players that aren't trusted too
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

yik)
IRC: yik
In-game: yik

by yik) » Post

a player named Pedroyt37 abused the privileges of putting water and flooding my house. I would like you to come here that this is a problem that is happening a lot and I would also like you to be able to give this player a sanction.
coordinates:(-2164.5, 20.6, -528.7) (yaw=283.6 East [+X])
https://ibb.co/jzDyre

yik)

by yik) » Post

The same problem that happened to me happened to a player named Pikachu_Z. They flooded the house, a player called pausc05. I would like that they also come to check and that this player can receive a sanction
coordinates:(-2223.6, 21.5, -528.8) (yaw=291.6 East [+X])
https://ibb.co/iRUeWe

yik)

by yik) » Post

someone flooded a large part of the ice spawn. The flood is tremendous. You had to check the whole area, they flooded many parts, someone flooded many parts and affected many people
https://ibb.co/i0MCZz

talamh

by talamh » Post

m8ii wrote:
City protector block could be modified to prevent pouring of water and lava nearby, just test server does this.

RabidRabbit
In-game: RabidRabbit

by RabidRabbit » Post

Oh my gosh, what is with all this flooding?? I just found and stopped like 2 random flood sources on meeker's land the other day. This is getting freaking annoying lol.

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

RabidRabbit wrote:I just found and stopped like 2 random flood sources on meeker's land the other day.
I saw meeker talking about fixing two of those too, so that makes four of them so far. Someone must be jealous of his huge "castle". :)

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

RabidRabbit wrote:Nice profile pic by the way :D
Thanks! It's fitting in so many ways. For example, little Opie looks just like someone I know. :)

xXNicoXx
GitHub: xXNicoXx
IRC: xXNicoXx
In-game: xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

Pls Ban The Player abramcoc becouse he kill erveryone on spawn and at home

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

ADMIN Pls Ban The Player abramcoc I need Your help pls I cant anymore he kill me anytime he has set his home at my home pls help me

talamh

by talamh » Post

xXNicoXx wrote:ADMIN Pls Ban The Player abramcoc I need Your help pls I cant anymore he kill me anytime he has set his home at my home pls help me
For what it's worth I can confirm abramcoc aka xsmmm has set a home point at xXNicoXx's base and is repeatedly killing him, demanding that xXNicoXx build's machines for him. He is teleporting in so often that it's practically impossible for xXNicoXx to even play the game.

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

I have not had good internet for several months, but I am back! Its been a while, so I have been catching up on the posts in this thread.

The server is running faster I think. I have experienced less lag and fewer connection problems. Nice.

The extra spawn is full of water? I did a little exploring and found one store still open, selling only carrots. The water is not a problem, but its too dark. I like the flooding idea somewhat, but I have a suggestion that you move the flood so that it dissects that spawn. Then there will be a wall of water and more light. Flip a coin to see who gets water and who gets air.

Most of the stores around spawn are empty -- red lights everywhere. Thats not an issue for me, but they sure are ugly when they have no goods.

I lost my password, so I have made myself a new account and started mining.

I love the new lava boat idea. I will try that out.

The land around the old spawn is very tightly claimed.

The machines are just one of the great features of Survival X, and builders would love to see an improvement. In particular I wish the detectors could be fixed. I also would like for the machines to use a common coordinate system x,y,z etc. Right now the keypads use one system and the movers use another system. The detectors use another one. One other improvement issue is that the machines seem sensitive to connection problems. When I am setting up machines the connection has to be perfect, or the movers will have hidden problems. They will look like they are setup but do nothing. Machines also are tied to the time slice or server performance, unlike the furnace mod which used to have this issue but was fixed. This makes the machines work at different rates and probably makes them tie up the server. To test this I once made two identical machines that worked at different rates (5 months ago. The machines are gone, now.) Despite being identical one was much slower than the other at making coal from fuel cells.

I

RabidRabbit
In-game: RabidRabbit

by RabidRabbit » Post

Sheriff wrote:
RabidRabbit wrote:Nice profile pic by the way :D
Thanks! It's fitting in so many ways. For example, little Opie looks just like someone I know. :)
Oh my gosh yes haha. Especially the ears! XD

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

talamh wrote:
xXNicoXx wrote:ADMIN Pls Ban The Player abramcoc I need Your help pls I cant anymore he kill me anytime he has set his home at my home pls help me
For what it's worth I can confirm abramcoc aka xsmmm has set a home point at xXNicoXx's base and is repeatedly killing him, demanding that xXNicoXx build's machines for him. He is teleporting in so often that it's practically impossible for xXNicoXx to even play the game.
I can also confirm xsmmm's bullying of many innocents and would add that he has also used the account XxDestrollerxX. (meeker tricked XxDestrollerxX into accidentally revealing that he is xsmmm.)

samec
In-game: bobo

by samec » Post

mesecon_doors.lua
end of the row 33 ?

talamh

by talamh » Post

samec wrote:mesecon_doors.lua
end of the row 33 ?
Using a semicolon at the end of a statement is not required in Lua.

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

survival x map timelapse: https://youtu.be/yTUGZ-NUkec

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

ADMIN Need Help Found an bug to make PB&J Blocks I say You in game how it work that you can Fix it xXNicoXx Is My in game name I was the one also who has found the server crash bug

Hope You read this msg me in game bye /msg xXNicoXx

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

ADMIN Need Help Found an bug to make PB&J Blocks I say You in game how it work that you can Fix it xXNicoXx Is My in game name I was the one also who has found the server crash bug

xXNicoXx

by xXNicoXx » Post

odiseu
IRC: odiseu
In-game: odiseu

by odiseu » Post

Hello I want to report another flood in the town of Andy2001 from the player Khan_DF this player has become very reinsident in floods the coordinates are (2947.9, 2.5, -10.2)
In addition the following evidences:
https://ibb.co/njSJip
https://ibb.co/kDZ3G9

(PROBABLY YOU CAN FIX THIS ADMIN)

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Thanks for reporting..will fix