[Server] Survival X

Sheriff

Re: [Server] Survival X

by Sheriff » Post

SaKeL, another person that I know is amazing at building architecture is the "snowman" user in Survival X. If you ever see him on-line, he'd be a great resource to tap for help, and in my experience, he's very willing to help and a very nice guy.

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

@RWЯ so it is not possible to do it via PC ? so you want to build it from scratch then... ? -> in that case i will reserve the area for you - protected and you can build there then...
Last edited by SaKeL on Wed Dec 20, 2017 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

@Sheriff that is so true, i have seen his builds... it is truly awesome! good point...not sure when ill be online but i will definitely ask him :) thanks

RWЯ
GitHub: DreamCrusher
IRC: DabbetulArz
In-game: Hood

by RWЯ » Post

SaKeL wrote:@RWЯ so it is not possible to do it via PC ? so you want to build it from scratch then... ? -> in that case i will reserve the area for you - protected and you can build there then...
No need to do that.
Jailing system sucks. "mikaTheDimont" killed me even that in chat says he was sent to jail he still was in same place. When I killed him I was sent in jail and lost my stuff.
Also his friend is using glitch, so when he is killing MMO boss, he is not getting any damage from boss.
I don't know why but server is lagging badly even when there is 7 players online. You can image lag with 20 or more players, it is unplayable.
I can't pick up items just by standing on that. While other players can. No chance to get drop from boss as that guy is always there and getting all loot by glitching.
Server is full with Spain kids, I can not stand them.
If I feel it then I do it (I don’t need a reason why)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

- jailing system is not perfect and its not meant to be perfect, its a survival server :)
- with the MMO boss glitch i cannot do much since it is minetest collision box "functionality" :/
- the server have not the best bandwidth i am considering to move the server back to some cheaper alternative (VPS), its hard to find a good servers (cheap)
- there are some performance issues i know about regarding ABM's - i have been working on refactoring them past 3 days and tomorrow after server restart will be a big performance boost online regarding this issues

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

RWЯ wrote:
SaKeL wrote:@RWЯ so it is not possible to do it via PC ? so you want to build it from scratch then... ? -> in that case i will reserve the area for you - protected and you can build there then...
No need to do that.
Jailing system sucks. "mikaTheDimont" killed me even that in chat says he was sent to jail he still was in same place. When I killed him I was sent in jail and lost my stuff.
Also his friend is using glitch, so when he is killing MMO boss, he is not getting any damage from boss.
I don't know why but server is lagging badly even when there is 7 players online. You can image lag with 20 or more players, it is unplayable.
I can't pick up items just by standing on that. While other players can. No chance to get drop from boss as that guy is always there and getting all loot by glitching.
Yep, u r right. If u kill with black sword or spawn ball - u will not come at prison

Also exist 1 more problems with bones. When someone kill you at rails or inside doors - all your stuff droped. Bones mod here works incorrect.

---

Sakel, can u add simple protects at arena? It will help prevent cheating during the killing of the Boss at arena.
A lot of players kill boss without any demage, another words - easy stuff

Last edited by bosapara on Thu Dec 21, 2017 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

RWЯ

by RWЯ » Post

SaKeL wrote:- jailing system is not perfect and its not meant to be perfect, its a survival server :)
- with the MMO boss glitch i cannot do much since it is minetest collision box "functionality" :/
- the server have not the best bandwidth i am considering to move the server back to some cheaper alternative (VPS), its hard to find a good servers (cheap)
- there are some performance issues i know about regarding ABM's - i have been working on refactoring them past 3 days and tomorrow after server restart will be a big performance boost online regarding this issues
About boss glitch, when you are online just pm me. I have resolution.

RWЯ

by RWЯ » Post

bosapara wrote:
RWЯ wrote:
No need to do that.
Yep, u r right. If u kill with black sword or spawn ball - u will not come at prison

Also exist 1 more problems with bones. When someone kill you at rails or inside doors - all your stuff droped. Bones mod here works incorrect.

---

Sakel, can u add simple protects at arena? It will help prevent cheating during the killing of the Boss at arena.
A lot of players kill boss without any demage, another words - easy stuff

Fact is that he used diamond sword

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

RWЯ wrote: Fact is that he used diamond sword

You can kill Boss even with bronze sword, u need just dig 1 block under you at arena like at this screen and you will not get any demage from Boss

Also exist problem when players use long distance hit (20 and more blocks) at tablet/phone, but it will solve only by minetest developers

RWЯ

by RWЯ » Post

bosapara wrote:

You can kill Boss even with bronze sword, u need just dig 1 block under you at arena like at this screen and you will not get any demage from Boss

Also exist problem when players use long distance hit (20 and more blocks) at tablet/phone, but it will solve only by minetest developers
I meant he killed me with diamond sword, and he wasn't sent to prison

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

@RWЯ - i have solution for this, just didnt had the time to do it online. How it is going with the spawn build ?
@bosapara - seems like players like to solve every problem with adding more mods and keep patching the game with adding more mods, then you have players what come and say there is too many mods and the game lagging and fps is too low :) - i am not adding a 3rd protection mod, the area is protected by 2 different protection mods already.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Update:
There is a big performance optimization done under the hood regarding melons and pumpkins. ABM was reworked to LBM and there are no ABMs to found in Survival X farming mod anymore - this will improve the performance. There should not be any changes to your farms/crops but if you see something "funky" like they are not growing, just replant the stems and it will be alright (in the testing phase this wasn't issue though). In the following days there will be more testing done on production server and any issues or timings will be fixed/adjusted accordingly.

Have fun!

RWЯ

by RWЯ » Post

SaKeL wrote:@RWЯ - i have solution for this, just didnt had the time to do it online. How it is going with the spawn build ?
@bosapara - seems like players like to solve every problem with adding more mods and keep patching the game with adding more mods, then you have players what come and say there is too many mods and the game lagging and fps is too low :) - i am not adding a 3rd protection mod, the area is protected by 2 different protection mods already.

Just lost all items while I was afk at spawn. That railway right on spawn point glitches my bones which caused my items to drop on floor.
I can't spend more time to collect resources again. Does that offer that you found land for spawn and protect it is still on?
Also we can't get spawn planed by speaking on here. It would be better that we can speak online in game, or any other way /discord/Facebook/.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

SaKeL wrote: @bosapara - seems like players like to solve every problem with adding more mods and keep patching the game with adding more mods, then you have players what come and say there is too many mods and the game lagging and fps is too low :) - i am not adding a 3rd protection mod, the area is protected by 2 different protection mods already.
Sakel, im not interest in adding protects. My task to inform you about cheat / bug. You can ignore it and do what you want.

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

RWЯ wrote:
Serious? Never seen this bug at server

RWЯ

by RWЯ » Post

bosapara wrote:
RWЯ wrote:
Serious? Never seen this bug at server
Just press shift and you will not be sent to prison

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

bosapara wrote:
SaKeL wrote: @bosapara - seems like players like to solve every problem with adding more mods and keep patching the game with adding more mods, then you have players what come and say there is too many mods and the game lagging and fps is too low :) - i am not adding a 3rd protection mod, the area is protected by 2 different protection mods already.
Sakel, im not interest in adding protects. My task to inform you about cheat / bug. You can ignore it and do what you want.
OK thanks for pointing this out i appreciate it.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Update:
* basic machines have new textures (battery has indicator) and better forms (thanks rnd)
* fixed "D" glitch in the chat

RWЯ

by RWЯ » Post

Attachments
Screenshot_20171222-161602.png
Screenshot_20171222-161602.png (73.5 KiB) Viewed 510 times

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE:
- big performance boost by re-factoring spawners ores - if you have any problems with the old ones, just dig them up and place them again
- removed lucky blocks - due to too many mess-ups in protected areas
- removed beerchat - nobody uses the features and #main in the chat causes confusion
- added pbj pup
- added mob horse - cow drops leather now

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

bosapara wrote:

Should be fixed now... all the batty boys have to find new tricks...!

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Played about 15 minutes and had freezes / lags every 1,5-2 min (the same with all players that i asked)
time: 13-00 +3gtm

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Well depends where are you located, the server is located in Kansas City and for me it was not that bad yesterday when i played. Just to point out this not CDN dedicated server.

quick speed test while the server was running:
Attachments
6917305686.png
6917305686.png (32.07 KiB) Viewed 510 times

rnd
GitHub: ac-minetest
IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

by rnd » Post

To profile performance (see what uses up cpu time on server)
inside minetest.conf: profiler.load = true AND instrument.profiler = true

then start server, leave running for 1 minute, type: /profiler print or /profiler save. Repeat this command several times, values you get show you what's going on between commands. Also profiler itself took about 33% here.

For example i tried on empty new 0.4.16 server with all skyblock/robots mods and got this

Code: Select all

Values below show absolute/relative times spend per server step by the instrumented function.
A total of 47133 samples were taken

instrumentation                                         |    min µs |    max µs |    avg µs | min % | max % | avg %
-------------------------------------------------------- | --------- | --------- | --------- | ----- | ----- | ------
 oldplayer:                                              |         0 |       698 |         0 |   0.0 |   1.2 |   0.0
  - on_joinplayer[1] ..................................  |       698 |       698 |       698 |   1.2 |   1.2 |   1.2
 *profiler*:                                             |         2 |     19594 |        47 |   0.0 |  99.7 |  34.8
  - Sampler (update stats) ............................  |         1 |     19593 |        46 |   0.0 |  99.7 |  33.2
  - Instrumentation overhead ..........................  |         1 |      1891 |         2 |   0.0 |  93.5 |   1.6
 simple_skins:                                           |         0 |      5839 |         0 |   0.0 |   9.7 |   0.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         2 |        13 |         5 |   0.0 |   0.8 |   0.3
  - on_joinplayer[1] ..................................  |      5839 |      5839 |      5839 |   9.7 |   9.7 |   9.7
 settings:                                               |         0 |       710 |         1 |   0.0 |  71.6 |   1.1
  - globalstep[1] .....................................  |         1 |       252 |         1 |   0.0 |  71.6 |   1.1
  - on_newplayer[1] ...................................  |        32 |        32 |        32 |   0.1 |   0.1 |   0.1
  - on_joinplayer[2] ..................................  |       325 |       325 |       325 |   0.5 |   0.5 |   0.5
  - on_joinplayer[1] ..................................  |       352 |       352 |       352 |   0.6 |   0.6 |   0.6
 unified_inventory:                                      |         1 |     41706 |        25 |   0.0 |  99.7 |  15.8
  - globalstep[1] .....................................  |         1 |     41706 |        25 |   0.0 |  99.7 |  15.8
  - on_player_receive_fields[2] .......................  |         3 |        34 |        15 |   0.0 |   2.7 |   1.0
  - on_joinplayer[2] ..................................  |       852 |       852 |       852 |   1.4 |   1.4 |   1.4
  - on_joinplayer[1] ..................................  |     12224 |     12224 |     12224 |  20.3 |  20.3 |  20.3
  - on_player_receive_fields[3] .......................  |         1 |        21 |         2 |   0.0 |   1.4 |   0.2
  - on_joinplayer[3] ..................................  |         7 |         7 |         7 |   0.0 |   0.0 |   0.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         6 |        29 |         9 |   0.0 |   2.0 |   0.6
 creative:                                               |         0 |     39812 |         1 |   0.0 |  66.0 |   0.0
  - on_placenode[1] ...................................  |         2 |         6 |         4 |   0.3 |   4.6 |   2.4
  - on_joinplayer[1] ..................................  |     39812 |     39812 |     39812 |  66.0 |  66.0 |  66.0
 basic_vote:                                             |         0 |         2 |         0 |   0.0 |   2.0 |   0.0
  - on_prejoinplayer[1] ...............................  |         2 |         2 |         2 |   2.0 |   2.0 |   2.0
 mobs_monster:                                           |         0 |     23133 |        30 |   0.0 |  99.6 |  16.1
  - ABM 'mobs_monster:mese_monster spawning' ..........  |         7 |      2899 |       395 |   0.2 |  97.5 |  24.3
  - ABM 'mobs_monster:stone_monster spawning' .........  |        19 |      4212 |       396 |   0.1 |  97.3 |  18.6
  - ABM 'mobs_monster:oerkki spawning' ................  |        19 |      1550 |       208 |   0.4 |  95.5 |  26.5
  - on_activate[4] ....................................  |        57 |      2454 |       313 |   1.1 |  69.8 |  12.7
  - on_activate[7] ....................................  |        62 |       693 |       178 |   0.9 |  33.1 |  10.8
  - on_activate[2] ....................................  |        62 |       264 |       121 |   1.2 |  23.8 |   8.8
  - ABM 'mobs_monster:tree_monster spawning' ..........  |         3 |        64 |        10 |   0.0 |  25.5 |   3.0
  - on_step[13] .......................................  |         6 |      5356 |        26 |   0.0 |  97.7 |  17.8
  - on_step[7] ........................................  |         8 |     17971 |        36 |   0.0 |  99.3 |  17.1
  - on_step[3] ........................................  |         9 |     23133 |        35 |   0.0 |  99.6 |  21.3
  - get_staticdata[7] .................................  |       149 |      1107 |       316 |   1.4 |  51.0 |  16.1
  - get_staticdata[4] .................................  |       151 |       809 |       283 |   1.3 |  67.4 |  21.5
  - get_staticdata[2] .................................  |       153 |       388 |       221 |   2.5 |  67.3 |  19.3
 farming:                                                |         0 |    119637 |        26 |   0.0 |  81.2 |   0.0
  - ABM[1] ............................................  |        24 |       366 |        82 |   0.2 |  81.2 |   9.5
  - on_generated[1] ...................................  |         1 |    119637 |     45691 |   0.0 |  43.2 |  22.2
 sfinv:                                                  |         0 |         2 |         0 |   0.0 |   0.2 |   0.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         1 |         2 |         1 |   0.0 |   0.2 |   0.1
  - on_joinplayer[1] ..................................  |         2 |         2 |         2 |   0.0 |   0.0 |   0.0
 flowers:                                                |         0 |     30417 |        13 |   0.0 |  98.8 |   0.3
  - ABM 'Mushroom spread' .............................  |        63 |        63 |        63 |   3.3 |   3.3 |   3.3
  - ABM 'Flower spread' ...............................  |         9 |     30417 |      2840 |   0.3 |  98.8 |  69.2
 darkage:                                                |         0 |    213993 |        77 |   0.0 |  99.9 |   0.0
  - on_generated[1] ...................................  |    117740 |    213993 |    134288 |  56.7 |  99.9 |  77.8
 mobs:                                                   |         0 |         2 |         0 |   0.0 |   0.1 |   0.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         1 |         2 |         1 |   0.0 |   0.1 |   0.1
 basic_robot:                                            |         0 |        86 |         0 |   0.0 |   7.4 |   0.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[3] .......................  |         5 |         8 |         7 |   0.0 |   0.7 |   0.4
  - on_player_receive_fields[2] .......................  |         1 |         4 |         2 |   0.0 |   0.3 |   0.1
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         2 |        77 |         6 |   0.0 |   6.6 |   0.4
 worldedit_gui:                                          |         0 |     48809 |         3 |   0.0 |  98.1 |   0.1
  - on_player_receive_fields[15] ......................  |        36 |       186 |        48 |   0.2 |  12.7 |   3.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[20] ......................  |        40 |       147 |        56 |   0.1 |  10.1 |   3.6
  - on_player_receive_fields[9] .......................  |        35 |        69 |        44 |   0.1 |   3.8 |   2.8
  - on_player_receive_fields[21] ......................  |        68 |       261 |        94 |   0.2 |  13.9 |   6.1
  - on_player_receive_fields[11] ......................  |        35 |        86 |        46 |   0.1 |   4.4 |   2.9
  - on_player_receive_fields[8] .......................  |        36 |       127 |        46 |   0.1 |   6.1 |   3.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[5] .......................  |        37 |       160 |        52 |   0.3 |   7.2 |   3.1
  - on_player_receive_fields[13] ......................  |        36 |        99 |        45 |   0.1 |   7.7 |   3.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         1 |       369 |        13 |   0.0 |  16.0 |   0.6
  - on_player_receive_fields[19] ......................  |        38 |       116 |        49 |   0.1 |   5.6 |   3.2
  - on_player_receive_fields[2] .......................  |        38 |       229 |        54 |   0.1 |  14.6 |   3.5
  - on_player_receive_fields[18] ......................  |        37 |        70 |        44 |   0.1 |   4.5 |   2.9
  - on_player_receive_fields[7] .......................  |        36 |       538 |        66 |   1.1 |  23.7 |   3.5
  - on_player_receive_fields[16] ......................  |        35 |        68 |        43 |   0.1 |   3.6 |   2.8
  - on_player_receive_fields[4] .......................  |        35 |       261 |        55 |   0.1 |  15.7 |   3.4
  - on_player_receive_fields[12] ......................  |        36 |        73 |        44 |   0.1 |   4.8 |   2.9
  - on_player_receive_fields[14] ......................  |        36 |       130 |        47 |   0.1 |   6.8 |   3.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[10] ......................  |        35 |        75 |        44 |   0.1 |   6.4 |   2.9
  - on_player_receive_fields[6] .......................  |        36 |     47105 |      1255 |   1.9 |  94.6 |   5.5
  - on_player_receive_fields[3] .......................  |        37 |       151 |        48 |   0.1 |   6.9 |   3.1
  - on_player_receive_fields[17] ......................  |        37 |        67 |        43 |   0.1 |   4.0 |   2.8
 basic_machines:                                         |         0 |     21962 |        13 |   0.0 |  99.4 |   1.5
  - on_punchnode[1] ...................................  |         2 |       843 |       108 |   0.9 |  80.4 |  26.6
  - on_punch[1] .......................................  |        16 |        22 |        18 |  10.4 |  13.3 |  12.2
  - ABM[1] ............................................  |        15 |     21961 |      3009 |   0.3 |  99.4 |  59.2
  - globalstep[1] .....................................  |         1 |      1765 |         1 |   0.0 |  93.5 |   1.1
  - on_joinplayer[2] ..................................  |         6 |         6 |         6 |   0.0 |   0.0 |   0.0
  - on_joinplayer[1] ..................................  |         6 |         6 |         6 |   0.0 |   0.0 |   0.0
  - on_step[2] ........................................  |         2 |       143 |         5 |   0.0 |  50.0 |   3.0
  - on_step[1] ........................................  |         1 |       192 |         3 |   0.0 |  63.0 |   2.4
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         4 |       896 |       336 |   0.2 |  40.2 |  18.9
  - on_step[3] ........................................  |         2 |        74 |         3 |   0.0 |  32.1 |   1.8
 thief:                                                  |         0 |         2 |         0 |   0.0 |   0.1 |   0.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         1 |         2 |         1 |   0.0 |   0.1 |   0.1
 xpanes:                                                 |         0 |       268 |         0 |   0.0 |  69.6 |   0.0
  - on_placenode[1] ...................................  |        15 |        83 |        23 |   1.9 |  35.3 |  14.6
  - on_dignode[1] .....................................  |        11 |       268 |        33 |   1.0 |  69.6 |  14.0
 worldedit_commands:                                     |         0 |     75797 |         3 |   0.0 |  99.9 |   0.2
  - on_punchnode[1] ...................................  |         2 |         6 |         3 |   0.2 |   6.1 |   1.8
  - on_punch[1] .......................................  |        18 |        22 |        21 |   8.2 |  18.2 |  14.1
  - on_punch[2] .......................................  |        17 |        22 |        20 |  11.8 |  14.6 |  13.6
  - on_punch[3] .......................................  |        44 |       133 |        69 |  25.4 |  49.3 |  34.8
  - //load ............................................  |      2275 |      2407 |      2337 |  94.2 |  95.4 |  94.7
  - //save ............................................  |     75790 |     75790 |     75790 |  99.9 |  99.9 |  99.9
  - on_punchnode[2] ...................................  |         1 |         7 |         2 |   0.1 |   3.1 |   1.0
  - //pos2 ............................................  |       603 |       683 |       630 |  44.7 |  46.1 |  45.4
  - on_step[2] ........................................  |         1 |        15 |         2 |   0.0 |  10.8 |   1.1
  - //pos1 ............................................  |       251 |       906 |       603 |  21.9 |  45.1 |  39.5
  - on_step[1] ........................................  |         1 |        40 |         2 |   0.0 |  25.2 |   1.5
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         1 |        48 |         3 |   0.0 |   4.3 |   0.2
  - on_step[3] ........................................  |         1 |       282 |         3 |   0.0 |  68.8 |   1.8
 basic_gui:                                              |         0 |        52 |         0 |   0.0 |   2.3 |   0.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         1 |        52 |         3 |   0.0 |   2.3 |   0.2
 worldedit_shortcommands:                                |         0 |       911 |         0 |   0.0 |  46.4 |   0.0
  - //1 ...............................................  |       255 |       911 |       607 |  22.0 |  45.3 |  39.8
  - //2 ...............................................  |       607 |       687 |       634 |  45.0 |  46.4 |  45.7
 helloip:                                                |         0 |        75 |         0 |   0.0 |   0.1 |   0.0
  - on_joinplayer[1] ..................................  |        75 |        75 |        75 |   0.1 |   0.1 |   0.1
 beds:                                                   |         0 |         2 |         0 |   0.0 |   0.2 |   0.0
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         1 |         2 |         1 |   0.0 |   0.2 |   0.1
 fire:                                                   |         0 |     34805 |         9 |   0.0 |  99.7 |   2.0
  - globalstep[1] .....................................  |         1 |     34805 |        10 |   0.0 |  99.7 |   2.0
 default:                                                |         2 |     33492 |        44 |   0.0 |  99.7 |  28.3
  - globalstep[1] .....................................  |         2 |     27967 |        39 |   0.0 |  99.7 |  27.8
  - ABM 'Moss growth' .................................  |        53 |      2370 |       159 |   0.5 |  95.3 |  27.5
  - ABM 'Grow papyrus' ................................  |        28 |       400 |       193 |   1.5 |  29.6 |   8.8
  - on_joinplayer[1] ..................................  |        47 |        47 |        47 |   0.1 |   0.1 |   0.1
  - on_player_receive_fields[2] .......................  |         1 |         2 |         1 |   0.0 |   0.2 |   0.1
  - ABM 'Grass spread' ................................  |         3 |      2354 |        72 |   0.0 |  94.5 |  22.9
  - on_player_receive_fields[1] .......................  |         1 |        67 |         9 |   0.0 |   6.4 |   0.6
  - ABM 'Grass covered' ...............................  |         6 |     33369 |       732 |   0.1 |  99.2 |  48.1
-------------------------------------------------------- | --------- | --------- | --------- | ----- | ----- | ------
 total:                                                  |        10 |    276700 |       292 | 100.0 | 100.0 | 100.0
You will quickly see 'problems', like here ( last number, average %)

mobs_monster: | 0 | 23133 | 30 | 0.0 | 99.6 | 16.1
unified_inventory: | 1 | 41706 | 25 | 0.0 | 99.7 | 15.8
default: | 2 | 33492 | 44 | 0.0 | 99.7 | 28.3

and also 'non problems', like
farming: | 0 | 119637 | 26 | 0.0 | 81.2 | 0.0
basic_machines: | 0 | 21962 | 13 | 0.0 | 99.4 | 1.5

Note that on purpose i put 64 mover digging big hole constantly and still just 1.5% of all cpu time. Also, mobs and entity making mods ( old itemframes ) are biggest lag-makers. So use them smartly and in small doses.
1EvCmxbzl5KDu6XAunE1K853Lq6VVOsT

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Very nice thanks..will check it.