SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

Re: [Server] Survival X

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE
- HUGE Spawner Mobs re-factoring will be online after restart
- no ABM's are used and mob spawners work with the most best efficiency for online multiplayer server - performance improvements and eliminating LAG
- spawners will tell you more useful informations now in infobox
- lot of cheap condition checks before doing the heavy stuff
- checks for items/entities to prevent clutter on the map and overloading max_objects_per_block
- if you keep spawner for a looooong time in area where is too much clutter or not enough space it will become Rusted (inactive block)
- mobs are spawning in bigger area now - not only exactly where the spawner is! (see the screenshot below)
- clutter, entity and player player check are done in activation area (see screenshot below)
- new spawner textures
- smaller textures for particles - performance improvement

You need to dig up and place again your spwners due to the new metadata implementation non of the spawners will work (probably) - unless you dig them up and place them again.

Spawners timings and performance will be monitored in the next days online and small tweaks and adjustments will be done accordingly.

Attachments
screenshot_20180106_220713.jpg
screenshot_20180106_220713.jpg (527.93 KiB) Viewed 655 times

tobi
GitHub: +tobi
IRC: Tobiyt
In-game: DAO

by tobi » Post

good morning
friend I know that the server has tp mods
but I think it would also be better with portals that lead to specific areas
that is, the tp is to go where another player
but if I say that there is no other player and I want to be hotra house in a place as far as I come how could I get there if I already put sethome in my house and the bed in my house) =?
Think about it =) ¡?

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

tobi wrote:good morning
friend I know that the server has tp mods
but I think it would also be better with portals that lead to specific areas
that is, the tp is to go where another player
but if I say that there is no other player and I want to be hotra house in a place as far as I come how could I get there if I already put sethome in my house and the bed in my house) =?
Think about it =) ¡?
TIP: if you set your home via /sethome and set your home via the unified inventory buttons... you have set home on 2 locations. One location you can call with /home and another location you can call via unified inventory... i use it all the time for fast travel :)

mentioned already here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13727&start=175#p304790

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

There is a mod that allows you to set up to 5 homes via command. If you're interested I could post the link.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:There is a mod that allows you to set up to 5 homes via command. If you're interested I could post the link.
Sure i can have a look, thanks.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

UPDATE
Added ObsidianMese Shovel to the ObsidianMese Tools collection.

Features:
- higher durability than diamond shovel
- right-click (secondary click) will create simple paths
- simple paths for dirt, grass. snow and sand

Good for decorating your house outside or just create a path where you walk so you can find your way back.

Have fun!
Attachments
sand-snow-path.jpg
sand-snow-path.jpg (229.94 KiB) Viewed 655 times
screenshot_20180107_131629.jpg
screenshot_20180107_131629.jpg (337.44 KiB) Viewed 655 times
obsidianmese-shovel.png
obsidianmese-shovel.png (765 Bytes) Viewed 655 times
Last edited by SaKeL on Mon Jan 08, 2018 04:57, edited 2 times in total.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

SaKeL wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:There is a mod that allows you to set up to 5 homes via command. If you're interested I could post the link.
Here you are viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17587
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
SaKeL wrote:
Here you are viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17587
i guess its from MT 0.5.0 but thanks

Warning: MultiHome uses important features currently only available in development builds of Minetest. In order to get MultiHome working properly, you'll need to build your own version of Minetest newer than this commit (January 26th, 2017).

tobi

by tobi » Post

very interesting
I think you could place no=?
this was what I expected
I wish it, dude cool Xd =)

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Would it be possible to make Obsidian Mese Sword Engraved enchantable?
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

GreenDimond wrote:Would it be possible to make Obsidian Mese Sword Engraved enchantable?
yes i guess that would be possible

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

How do you obtain a power rod? Or is it a secret?

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

No, its not a secret, you have to upgrade the generator search for minetest basic machines mod for more detailed directions. Like here: https://wiki.minetest.net/Mods/basic_machines#Generator

ADM17
IRC: MikeSL
In-game: ADM17

by ADM17 » Post

I could'nt place TNT aboce 150 anymore, even with mover not, that seems to be fixed and
the fire that gets generated when TNT explodes near enflamable things is not dangerous, it destroys nothing and lits after a few seconds.

About the generators: since last update, its not possible to upgrade them ( i already replaced it, but with 50 diamond and goldblocks i still produces powercell), the old ones i didn't replace work well but are making powerrods with low upgrade. I know this is mod-related, but its kind a crazy.

The server gets better and better, but i was wondering if dating is allowed, the ruleboard at spawn says nothing about it.

Thanks for all the cool new features and especially for the performance improvements, i hope you keep it up.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Andy321 Killed me at spawn with a ball spawner. I had a lot of valuable items on me at the time. And I was standing on a railroad so I dropped my items.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

ADM17 wrote:I could'nt place TNT aboce 150 anymore, even with mover not, that seems to be fixed and
the fire that gets generated when TNT explodes near enflamable things is not dangerous, it destroys nothing and lits after a few seconds.

About the generators: since last update, its not possible to upgrade them ( i already replaced it, but with 50 diamond and goldblocks i still produces powercell), the old ones i didn't replace work well but are making powerrods with low upgrade. I know this is mod-related, but its kind a crazy.

The server gets better and better, but i was wondering if dating is allowed, the ruleboard at spawn says nothing about it.

Thanks for all the cool new features and especially for the performance improvements, i hope you keep it up.
From the latest update from basic_machines you upgrading generator with putting more generators in it (so no diamond and gold or mese blocks anymore) check their forum page for more details.

I am neutral about dating, its a game it doesn't really mean anything (at least that are my thoughts)

Thanks for the compliments.

tobi

by tobi » Post

why not put a mods of
of location of places
the truth,(
that happens to me when going through a server called (japan Survival )
that happens to me when going through a server called
that mods would certainly be fine for the server
I do not know what the mods are called in specific It would be nice to have a look =) Xd

tobi

by tobi » Post

Lone_Wolf ( Lone_Wolf) =)
I have spoken with Andy321 he apologizes
that he's going to do it again

I am looking forward to your response =)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

tobi wrote:why not put a mods of
of location of places
the truth,(
that happens to me when going through a server called (japan Survival )
that happens to me when going through a server called
that mods would certainly be fine for the server
I do not know what the mods are called in specific It would be nice to have a look =) Xd
thanks tobi for the suggestions !

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Andy321 Killed me at spawn with a ball spawner. I had a lot of valuable items on me at the time. And I was standing on a railroad so I dropped my items.
SaKeL, is there a way to fix this? Like I said earlier, players can abuse ball spawners to kill players at spawn without going to jail.
Also, can he get his stuff refunded?

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

There is no way in minetest api (afaik) to detect death by entity, lot of people gets killed at spawn, before it was bows and arrows now it is something else, skilled player know that very well and count with that when going to spawn. I got killed like this also many times and lost all my stuff and had to get them again by mining, i cannot be responsible for every death and lost of items, specially at spawn, i might think of a way how to prevent this in the future but atm it is low on the list.

GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

SaKeL wrote:There is no way in minetest api (afaik) to detect death by entity, lot of people gets killed at spawn, before it was bows and arrows now it is something else, skilled player know that very well and count with that when going to spawn. I got killed like this also many times and lost all my stuff and had to get them again by mining, i cannot be responsible for every death and lost of items, specially at spawn, i might think of a way how to prevent this in the future but atm it is low on the list.
If people can kill at spawn anyway why bother with a rule against it? Just a thought...

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

SaKeL wrote:There is no way in minetest api (afaik) to detect death by entity, lot of people gets killed at spawn, before it was bows and arrows now it is something else, skilled player know that very well and count with that when going to spawn. I got killed like this also many times and lost all my stuff and had to get them again by mining, i cannot be responsible for every death and lost of items, specially at spawn, i might think of a way how to prevent this in the future but atm it is low on the list.
Disable ball spawners working in the spawn area? Put invisible healing blocks all over spawn?

RWЯ
GitHub: DreamCrusher
IRC: DabbetulArz
In-game: Hood

by RWЯ » Post

Just set on spawn area PvP = false, same as on Xanadu server
If I feel it then I do it (I don’t need a reason why)

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

1. Survival X has not the same mods and config as Xanadu
2. Xanadu protection pvp doesnt work with multiple spawns
3. as i mentioned it will not work with entity death