Page 15 of 59

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 00:35
by lightseer
Thanks very much both of you. I have now crafted a protection block, and it works perfectly. Thanks!

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 15:59
by ADM17
The tnt seemed to be fixed for me, but a someone buildet a hole house above sealevel with tnt, looks like the fix only works for some players/platforms. Also, its easily ignitable with torches even in protected areas ( not with flint and steel ).

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 02:28
by SaKeL
SaKeL wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT
The next step of cleanup will remove all the deleted players chests, doors, vending machines, basic machines, enchantment tables, city blocks and protection logos/blocks from the world! This will free-up some more space what is currently occupied and blocked by players what are not playing anymore.

If the players what were removed will not login until the end of the month (January 2018) all their above mentioned blocks will be removed.


UPDATE
The players stuff what didn't logged in from the last announcement will be removed. The "junk_removal" will be enabled after the restart.

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 05:28
by SaKeL
Update: added bonemeal
It provides one kind of simple bone meal (fertilizer) for fast growing plants, flowers, saplings, papyrus, grass...

Heavily based on default minetest_game API with as less additions as possible what makes this mod super light-weight and suitable for online multiplayer servers.

This mod aims to be simple, light-weight and fast, therefore it will have no bone meal 'strength', multiple types of bone meals nor diamond/mese bone meal.

Image

Description
Current functionality based on what you use the bone meal.

Blocks
Dirt with grass: Grass and jungle grass will form on randomly-selected adjacent grass blocks (default:dirt_with_grass) up to 5 blocks away.

Dirt with dry grass: Dry grass will form on randomly-selected adjacent dry grass blocks (default:dirt_with_dry_grass) up to 5 blocks away.

Sand (group sand) and dirt with snow: Dry shrub will form on randomly-selected adjacent sand or dirt with snow blocks (group = {sand = 1} or default:dirt_with_snow) up to 5 blocks away.

Flowers, mushrooms and waterlily
Targeted flower/mushroom/waterlily will form on randomly-selected adjacent grass or water source blocks (default:dirt_with_grass or default:water_source) up to 5 blocks away.

Farming and farming addons
Targeted plant will randomly grow on wet soil blocks (group = {soil = 3}).

Farming addons
Bone meal only affects the stem itself, it will not cause melons or pumpkins to sprout from a mature stem.

Saplings
Trees and bushes have 50% chance to grow to a mature tree. A tree will not grow if the sapling is not planted in proper ground/soil (group = {soil = 0}).

Papyrus
Papyrus have 50% chance to grow to a next stage. Bone meal has to be applied to the lowes block of the papyrus plant. Papyrus will not grow if is not planted in proper ground (default:dirt_with_grass, default:dirt next to the water up to 3 blocks).

Recipe
Bones or coral skeleton block can be crafted to 9 bone meals.

Re: [Server] Survival X mover planting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 17:55
by lightseer
I am having difficulty with getting the basic machines mover to drop wheat seeds. Could you give me a hint on this? I am new to this, but I think I have tried several combinations that should have dropped the seed onto the prepared soil.

Here are combinations I have attempted (plus some others):

Ground patch selected and chest as target both forward and reverse modes using: Drop, Inventory, Normal
also have tried this with the area above the ground selected. The wheat does not drop, and there is no error message. There is a machine sound.

filter settings I have tried are: nothing and farming:seed_wheat

I believe I understand how to use the machines well enough and can get the mover to dig and to harvest. I just have not figured out how to get it to plant.

Re: [Server] Survival X mover planting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 19:06
by SaKeL
lightseer wrote:I am having difficulty with getting the basic machines mover to drop wheat seeds. Could you give me a hint on this? I am new to this, but I think I have tried several combinations that should have dropped the seed onto the prepared soil.

Here are combinations I have attempted (plus some others):

Ground patch selected and chest as target both forward and reverse modes using: Drop, Inventory, Normal
also have tried this with the area above the ground selected. The wheat does not drop, and there is no error message. There is a machine sound.

filter settings I have tried are: nothing and farming:seed_wheat

I believe I understand how to use the machines well enough and can get the mover to dig and to harvest. I just have not figured out how to get it to plant.


i believe you have to set mover to dig and reverse, im not expert in machines though, there is a wiki page and forum on the basic machines when you can gather some more informations. https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_machines/wiki

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 20:14
by Lone_Wolf
You might have to place farming:wheat_1 (I think that's the itemstring) to get it to grow. It is only available via /give though.

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 20:28
by lightseer
SaKeL wrote:i believe you have to set mover to dig and reverse, im not expert in machines though, there is a wiki page and forum on the basic machines when you can gather some more informations. https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_machines/wiki
Thanks that is a good wiki page, and I will see if I can ask on github about what settings will work. If I find something that works I'll post it. Just using reverse dig does not work yet but maybe in combination with other settings it will.

Lone_Wolf wrote:You might have to place farming:wheat_1 (I think that's the itemstring) to get it to grow. It is only available via /give though.


Thanks I will try that as the filter string. I'm not sure if I have access to the give command. I'll look into it.

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 21:10
by Lone_Wolf
lightseer wrote:
SaKeL wrote:i believe you have to set mover to dig and reverse, im not expert in machines though, there is a wiki page and forum on the basic machines when you can gather some more informations. https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_machines/wiki
Thanks that is a good wiki page, and I will see if I can ask on github about what settings will work. If I find something that works I'll post it. Just using reverse dig does not work yet but maybe in combination with other settings it will.

Lone_Wolf wrote:You might have to place farming:wheat_1 (I think that's the itemstring) to get it to grow. It is only available via /give though.


Thanks I will try that as the filter string. I'm not sure if I have access to the give command. I'll look into it.

Wait, did you manage to plant the wheat? If you're trying to dig wheat that is fully grown then it's farming:wheat_8

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 21:54
by SaKeL
basic machines auto planting seeds
this works for me easy!

as i mentioned its DIG with reverse...

Image

Image

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 22:39
by lightseer
Lone_Wolf wrote:
lightseer wrote:
SaKeL wrote:i believe you have to set mover to dig and reverse, im not expert in machines though, there is a wiki page and forum on the basic machines when you can gather some more informations. https://github.com/ac-minetest/basic_machines/wiki
Thanks that is a good wiki page, and I will see if I can ask on github about what settings will work. If I find something that works I'll post it. Just using reverse dig does not work yet but maybe in combination with other settings it will.

Lone_Wolf wrote:You might have to place farming:wheat_1 (I think that's the itemstring) to get it to grow. It is only available via /give though.


Thanks I will try that as the filter string. I'm not sure if I have access to the give command. I'll look into it.

Wait, did you manage to plant the wheat? If you're trying to dig wheat that is fully grown then it's farming:wheat_8

Digging works. I can harvest its just the planting that is not working so far. Just curious why is it farming:wheat_1 and not farming:seed_wheat ? When I look in the recipes it comes up as farming:seed_wheat .

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 22:52
by SaKeL
it is farming seeds please have a look at working exmaple of planting above

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 01:54
by Lone_Wolf
lightseer wrote:Digging works. I can harvest its just the planting that is not working so far. Just curious why is it farming:wheat_1 and not farming:seed_wheat ? When I look in the recipes it comes up as farming:seed_wheat .

Every stage of growing the wheat is replaced with a new node to make it look like it's growing. Starting at 1 and then ending at 8.

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 05:15
by lightseer
SaKeL wrote:basic machines auto planting seeds
this works for me easy!

as i mentioned its DIG with reverse...

That helped me. I had a 1 in the reverse box instead of a '-1'. Thank you for putting that up there and answering my questions.

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 06:19
by PolySaken
What mod adds the city block that protects the spawn from PvP? I've looked around and can't find it.

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:09
by bosapara
PolySaken wrote:What mod adds the city block that protects the spawn from PvP? I've looked around and can't find it.

Possibly, this mod https://github.com/minetest-mods/city_block

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48
by SaKeL
lightseer wrote:
SaKeL wrote:basic machines auto planting seeds
this works for me easy!

as i mentioned its DIG with reverse...

That helped me. I had a 1 in the reverse box instead of a '-1'. Thank you for putting that up there and answering my questions.


No worries mate..

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 16:05
by ADM17
I've found something that is maybe a bug at the Telemosaic.
Its that when i right-click on a telemosaic-beacon with something placeble in my hands (torch, dirt...) i cant open the teleportation menu, it just places the block/node at the beacon.

And lightseer, if you need help you can ask me when you see me in-game, maybe i can help you.

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 22:10
by SaKeL
That is intended ADM17 but i guess its not really handy, maybe its better when you open the formspec despite what is the player having in the hand..?

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 06:58
by bosapara
Sakel, server cache of sur x is 41mb, may be u forgot something delete from mod folders?

___

Found the problem. 32 mb of not compressed skins with huge (not need) resolution

Image

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:43
by SaKeL
bosapara, good find i could definately cleanup some files, thanks for letting me know.

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 17:26
by maikerumine
I need my password reset, my base was stolen.

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 18:18
by SaKeL
maikerumine wrote:I need my password reset, my base was stolen.

password should be cleared..let me know if it works out

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 19:06
by maikerumine
SaKeL wrote:
maikerumine wrote:I need my password reset, my base was stolen.

password should be cleared..let me know if it works out

All set, Thank you!

Re: [Server] Survival X

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 21:50
by SaKeL
No worries, if you miss your stuff due to the cleanup send me the list and i make an order for you.