PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

Re: [Server] Survival X

by PolySaken » Post

SaKeL wrote:I can remove the city block from spawn if that helps
NO
THAT WOULD BE A BAD IDEA
instead of sending them to jail, it should ban them, and tell everyone in chat.
then no-one could kill you in spawn.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

SaKeL
GitHub: JurajVajda
IRC: SaKeL
In-game: SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

but you cant be killed at spawn anymore... i dont understand the issue, you should be immortal on spawn so there is not possible that you get killed...except arrows... what takes like 5 arrows to kill someone so unless you are afk or watching the arrows hit you you cannot die

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

SaKeL wrote:but you cant be killed at spawn anymore... i dont understand the issue, you should be immortal on spawn so there is not possible that you get killed...except arrows... what takes like 5 arrows to kill someone so unless you are afk or watching the arrows hit you you cannot die
swords, ball spawners, and obsidian mese sword engraved still kills you, you can even punch someone to death and even then, you only go to jail half the time.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

GamerPro999
In-game: GamerPro999

by GamerPro999 » Post

Join our Discord server to talk about the INCREDIBLE server of Survival X.

https://discord.gg/C5cDe96

we wait you =)
In Game Name: GamerPro999

snowman
In-game: snowman

by snowman » Post

Hi, somebody is doing this
Attachments
2018-03-16 mintest.JPG
2018-03-16 mintest.JPG (136.39 KiB) Viewed 372 times

risbo
In-game: risbo

by risbo » Post

I dont know about this thing snowman is reporting but....

1) pace is again building above other players homes... he did that above ufa's home few weeks ago and was forced to take it down, now he is doing it again

2) also - Gambello576 has build a bridge from pace's skybuild above my area and is trying to grief me i guess, he has TNT above my place, i guess he was trying to drop it down, that will not work so then he will probably drop water or sand...

3) SaKeL? could you clean your in game mailboxes? They are probably full of junk from noobs and there is one thing that should remain private ( I can not send You PM on forum )
Attachments
pace being annoying
pace being annoying
1.png (444.24 KiB) Viewed 372 times
Gambello576 grief
Gambello576 grief
2.png (222.73 KiB) Viewed 372 times

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

snowman wrote:Hi, somebody is doing this
This is probably because one or more of your spawners are trying to spawn mob in protected area.
The area where mob can spawn is 8w 8d 3h.

This is due to the is_protected minetest function which i concatenating logic from multiple mods. I am not sure if its possible to override these logic from other mods so i could use custom logic per node e.g. spawners - maybe i have to create completely custom is_protected function or some wrapper around this function... never done this before. Just make sure that your spawners are in your own protected area and will not spawn mob is others protected areas.
Attachments
screenshot_20180106_220713.jpg
screenshot_20180106_220713.jpg (522.17 KiB) Viewed 372 times

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

@risbo will try to clean the mailboxes, didnt had much time for minetest last weeks.

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

Telemosaic issue I want to mention. I think a beacon is supposed to accept multiple arrivals and also have one destination, but it is tricky to assign a destination and I think there is instability. I had 2 beacons on top of my house. One pointed to a place 1500 under ground and far away. At that underground mining location I had 2 other beacons. I then added some more extenders and added a third beacon to the location underground, but when I added the destination to that new third beacon underground the destination was changed in one of the beacons on top of the house (the one pointing to the location underground). Now to fix it I will need to travel my character a long way underground to reset the tower beacon. I also do not yet know if the other underground beacons have been moved around, but it is possible. I think that from now on I will not be using a destination beacon as a travel beacon -- no star topology.

Overall I think when a beacon is already taking arrivals that it is unsafe to add a destination, and I think it alters the destinations of other beacons that have already got destinations set. I think this happened to me before, and I assumed I had messed up. I am pretty sure this time the beacons are playing roulette.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

You can have only 1 destination, but multiple arrivals. When you added new destination to the 3rd beacon underground then the arrivals list is updated accordingly with the corresponding beacons, also the destination is updated from the departure beacon. You can have multiple departure beacons going to the same arrival beacon and the arrivals list will be updated in the arrival beacon. When you change the destination of the already defined departure beacon then this destination will be removed from the current arrival beacon to the new arrival beacon and the arrivals lists will be updated in both arrivals beacons. It's not that difficult as it might seems and if you know how the star topology works.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

PolySaken wrote:
SaKeL wrote:but you cant be killed at spawn anymore... i dont understand the issue, you should be immortal on spawn so there is not possible that you get killed...except arrows... what takes like 5 arrows to kill someone so unless you are afk or watching the arrows hit you you cannot die
swords, ball spawners, and obsidian mese sword engraved still kills you, you can even punch someone to death and even then, you only go to jail half the time.
Simply not true...you cannot be killed at spawn with punch, swords, nor shooting sword or ball spell

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

86 players today, new record !

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

SaKeL wrote:You can have only 1 destination, but multiple arrivals. When you added new destination to the 3rd beacon underground then the arrivals list is updated accordingly with the corresponding beacons, also the destination is updated from the departure beacon. You can have multiple departure beacons going to the same arrival beacon and the arrivals list will be updated in the arrival beacon. When you change the destination of the already defined departure beacon then this destination will be removed from the current arrival beacon to the new arrival beacon and the arrivals lists will be updated in both arrivals beacons. It's not that difficult as it might seems and if you know how the star topology works.
I am embarrassed to say but I was mistaken. I was confused because of a label change that I made on one of the beacons with the star topology.

SaKeL

by SaKeL » Post

No worries ;)

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

My dad (in_game name dugger) made a alt called dig_dug and had gotten alot of resources on it but then he forgot his passowrd would you pliz reset it? thx in advance -C
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

m8ii

by m8ii » Post

Stix wrote:My dad (in_game name dugger) made a alt called dig_dug and had gotten alot of resources on it but then he forgot his passowrd would you pliz reset it? thx in advance -C
Me too. :)
I gave my login/password (user/**********) to other player. Can anyone reset me (user) password? Thanks.
2016-12-02 17:20:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer places node default:furnace at (402,-47,349)

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

Stix wrote:My dad (in_game name dugger) made a alt called dig_dug and had gotten alot of resources on it but then he forgot his passowrd would you pliz reset it? thx in advance -C
Your dad and his friends, Guild, oy, and joe(something) are thieves. (Or are YOU Guild?) Yesterday, they killed upwards of twenty random people, at least ten times each, in snowman's store, in an attempt to steal those people's things. Fortunately, I got more stuff from them than they got from me, over-all, because I don't give up easily, but they got a lot of stuff from other people who did give up.

If you're not really dugger's kid but are one of his victims, like so many others, then I appreciate your attempt at hacking his account through your admin request in here. More power to ya! ;)

It's time for the posse to reassemble and go after these gang bangers. We'll be watching them. They can run, but they can't hide forever. :)

Stix

by Stix » Post

@Sherrif so ur that pain-in-the-neck daniel boone eh? ill have you know i took quite alot of lott from you, you didnt get much from me, yes im guild and i didnt start the fight and oy was attacking me not helping me, i was buying diamond for a cow_spawner at snowmans shop when this random player came and attacked me, i killed them but i was on low health, then reaper1 came in full diamond armor attacking me as well, after that i got dugger tped over there as reinforcements, way later on tribaljoe also helped, but i was not the instigator i was protecting my self, i had at least half-a-dozen ppl after my hide when i had done nothing to them, i retaliated and took ther stuf as payment for the attempt on my life.

Stix

by Stix » Post

@Sakel my dads dugger acount was taken by someone as he had no password (it wouldnt let him set a password) whoever did this took everything from him and my sister olivia_hope, pliz reset his password again.

*EDIT: noones a victim of dugger @sherrif he came cuz i needed backup after getting repeatedly attacked i was almost dead. so he teleportd to me and i gave him a spare set of armor to help me.
Last edited by Stix on Fri Mar 23, 2018 02:31, edited 1 time in total.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Sheriff wrote:
Your dad and his friends, Guild, oy, and joe(something) are thieves. (Or are YOU Guild?) Yesterday, they killed upwards of twenty random people, at least ten times each, in snowman's store, in an attempt to steal those people's things. Fortunately, I got more stuff from them than they got from me, over-all, because I don't give up easily, but they got a lot of stuff from other people who did give up.

If you're not really dugger's kid but are one of his victims, like so many others, then I appreciate your attempt at hacking his account through your admin request in here. More power to ya! ;)

It's time for the posse to reassemble and go after these gang bangers. We'll be watching them. They can run, but they can't hide forever. :)
i dont hide, im good enough at pvp too take anyone on on survival x, as long as its not at once.

Stix

by Stix » Post

@Sakel could you check the ip of dugger's most recent login (when someone took over his account) and see if that ip matches any other accounts on this server, i have supsicions as of who might have done this but id rather not falsely accuse someone on accident. thx in advance -C

smeagol
GitHub: smeagol
IRC: smeagol
In-game: smeagol

by smeagol » Post

some user creating accounts and flooding me with obscene personal messages -> Xx_Andy_WW, Xx_AndyA32, XX_Andy_BB, Xx_AndyA32.. ignored them, but really prefer to not get personal attacks from this game.

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

It was a pretty awesome pvp battle. My first one like that. Everybody kept dying and then teleporting back in! Also let me tell you about Guild. Guild showed up on the server several weeks ago choosing to live by a code. He was one of the few people I could trade with and not worry about getting backstabbed. He's always paid me well for anything, and he doesn't start fights unless its a pvp challenge or he is attacked. I trust him. Daniel Boone on the other hand just slaughters anyone walking down the road, and I have no respect for that character.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

There is a Bug that movers will give ignore if taking water source in an unloaded mapblock.
i used it to get a chest completely full of ignore, and made a shop sellling it for 99 gold each.
so far i've made 1089 gold off it.
i wanted to know if this is is against the rules, so i took the shop down for now.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

smeagol wrote:some user creating accounts and flooding me with obscene personal messages -> Xx_Andy_WW, Xx_AndyA32, XX_Andy_BB, Xx_AndyA32.. ignored them, but really prefer to not get personal attacks from this game.
maybe it was because you kept spawnkilling them
i saw the messages