[Server] Liberty Land (rbose.org)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Server] Liberty Land (rbose.org)

by Sokomine » Post

micheal65536 wrote: Firstly, my post does make sense to anyone who bothers to read it properly. I'm assuming that you [Out`Of`Control] read my post as well as you read your server logs (i.e. evidently not very well at all). If you cannot follow a post that is clearly set out in grammatically-correct english, with paragraphs to separate each point and a full logical explanation from point to conclusion in each paragraph, then I doubt that you have the reasoning or comprehension ability to successfully assess the situations that you face when running and moderating a server.
You're right about *your* posting. However, "with paragraphs to seperate each point" is certainly nothing which can be said about the OP's posting. He either wasn't capable of adding them or didn't bother. Either way - it does not speak well for barrier-free communication in any written medium. And MT is that in multiplayer chat. And even native speakers who do invest time and effort in what and how they say something may encounter misunderstandings. That's just human nature - weather we like it or not.
micheal65536 wrote: (Actually, it's completely apparent from how you incorrectly applied the "no dating" rule to the OP's dating in real life.)
Hmm. I wouldn't be so sure of that. Certainly, an "x is my RL girlfriend/husband/wife/brother/sister/..." ought to be no problem on any server. However, if a couple where to flirt extensively in public chat, that might be inappropriate on a server with a no dating rule. Just...not the right place for it. We don't know what exactly happened on the Liberty Land server.
Rayezrr wrote: she was eavesdropping on us speaking to other personal friends
How so? Did you use /msg or public chat? That's a huge difference. Anyone can listen in public chat. Eavesdropping on private /msgs would be worriesome. It is not unheared of on servers but fortunately extremly rare.
Rayezrr wrote: decided to come into our home unannounced
I do that as well. It's more an attitude and what you consider valuable in MT. For me, it's not the stuff in chests or something - but what people have built. My own creations are for others to enjoy, and depriving others of visiting their houses and enjoying what they've built would be very impolite. Locked doors are useful only as decoration (annoying enough that they can't be opened by all; but a cellar door sometimes just has to look like a steel door) or for protecting very tiny rooms where machines do not respect protection (furnaces, in the past).
Rayezrr wrote: sift through our chests
Did you use locked chests? What type of chests was it? You can see that by pressing F5 and pointing with the mouse to the chest. That shows amongst other information the node name of the chest. Some mods provide chests that can be accessed by all those who can build in a certain area.
Rayezrr wrote: tried telling us that we had to break up in real life
Sounds very much like you had a major misunderstanding there? Certainly anyone above youngest child would know that that's nobody elses business.
Rayezrr wrote: kill our only horse,
If the mobs are based on mobs_redo (which is very likely), there ought to be a craftable name tag which can be used to give animals names. There might also be a mob protection rune which protects the mob from attacks from other players. If it doesn't exist on the server it ought to be installed. Maybe your "visitor" thought the animal was a wild one. Some players kill friendly mobs for their meat.
Rayezrr wrote: break 2 blocks in the stable,
There's obviously something wrong with the protection then. Please check that! Helping there is also something moderators are good for. I'm sure there're other moderators apart from the one you didn't get along with well.
Rayezrr wrote: i typed in chat verbatim; "waiting on an apology from texture for stealing from us and killing our horse"
And what if that accusation was wrong? The moderator's not the only one to suffer from a misunderstanding/wrong accusation due to coincidence - you might as well. How'd you react to such a claim if it's unjustified?
Attachments
detect_holes7.jpg
detect_holes7.jpg (311.3 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
A list of my mods can be found here.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Out`Of`Control wrote:Taa0613 was not texture, nor did that player had any extra privileges.

Are you one of those trolls that join Liberty Land, then ask players to join hometown?
I have seen most moderators from hometown doing that.
This explains everything.

You did not show any fact only BS.
Interesting how you turn to personal attacks and assumptions when you realize you have no valid arguments to bring to the table. Your also the only one here spouting BS, so please think carefully before the next time you post.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Out`Of`Control
GitHub: 00c
In-game: Evil

by Out`Of`Control » Post

Stix wrote:
Out`Of`Control wrote:Taa0613 was not texture, nor did that player had any extra privileges.

Are you one of those trolls that join Liberty Land, then ask players to join hometown?
I have seen most moderators from hometown doing that.
This explains everything.

You did not show any fact only BS.
Interesting how you turn to personal attacks and assumptions when you realize you have no valid arguments to bring to the table. Your also the only one here spouting BS, so please think carefully before the next time you post.
Out`Of`Control wrote:texture did not kill any horse or stole anything.
I do not care you believe me or not.
Whole thing is based upon a lie.
Further arguing is useless. And your post does not make any sense..

Out`Of`Control

by Out`Of`Control » Post

Sokomine wrote:
micheal65536 wrote: Firstly, my post does make sense to anyone who bothers to read it properly. I'm assuming that you [Out`Of`Control] read my post as well as you read your server logs (i.e. evidently not very well at all). If you cannot follow a post that is clearly set out in grammatically-correct english, with paragraphs to separate each point and a full logical explanation from point to conclusion in each paragraph, then I doubt that you have the reasoning or comprehension ability to successfully assess the situations that you face when running and moderating a server.
You're right about *your* posting. However, "with paragraphs to seperate each point" is certainly nothing which can be said about the OP's posting. He either wasn't capable of adding them or didn't bother. Either way - it does not speak well for barrier-free communication in any written medium. And MT is that in multiplayer chat. And even native speakers who do invest time and effort in what and how they say something may encounter misunderstandings. That's just human nature - weather we like it or not.
micheal65536 wrote: (Actually, it's completely apparent from how you incorrectly applied the "no dating" rule to the OP's dating in real life.)
Hmm. I wouldn't be so sure of that. Certainly, an "x is my RL girlfriend/husband/wife/brother/sister/..." ought to be no problem on any server. However, if a couple where to flirt extensively in public chat, that might be inappropriate on a server with a no dating rule. Just...not the right place for it. We don't know what exactly happened on the Liberty Land server.
Rayezrr wrote: she was eavesdropping on us speaking to other personal friends
How so? Did you use /msg or public chat? That's a huge difference. Anyone can listen in public chat. Eavesdropping on private /msgs would be worriesome. It is not unheared of on servers but fortunately extremly rare.
Rayezrr wrote: decided to come into our home unannounced
I do that as well. It's more an attitude and what you consider valuable in MT. For me, it's not the stuff in chests or something - but what people have built. My own creations are for others to enjoy, and depriving others of visiting their houses and enjoying what they've built would be very impolite. Locked doors are useful only as decoration (annoying enough that they can't be opened by all; but a cellar door sometimes just has to look like a steel door) or for protecting very tiny rooms where machines do not respect protection (furnaces, in the past).
Rayezrr wrote: sift through our chests
Did you use locked chests? What type of chests was it? You can see that by pressing F5 and pointing with the mouse to the chest. That shows amongst other information the node name of the chest. Some mods provide chests that can be accessed by all those who can build in a certain area.
Rayezrr wrote: tried telling us that we had to break up in real life
Sounds very much like you had a major misunderstanding there? Certainly anyone above youngest child would know that that's nobody elses business.
Rayezrr wrote: kill our only horse,
If the mobs are based on mobs_redo (which is very likely), there ought to be a craftable name tag which can be used to give animals names. There might also be a mob protection rune which protects the mob from attacks from other players. If it doesn't exist on the server it ought to be installed. Maybe your "visitor" thought the animal was a wild one. Some players kill friendly mobs for their meat.
Rayezrr wrote: break 2 blocks in the stable,
There's obviously something wrong with the protection then. Please check that! Helping there is also something moderators are good for. I'm sure there're other moderators apart from the one you didn't get along with well.
Rayezrr wrote: i typed in chat verbatim; "waiting on an apology from texture for stealing from us and killing our horse"
And what if that accusation was wrong? The moderator's not the only one to suffer from a misunderstanding/wrong accusation due to coincidence - you might as well. How'd you react to such a claim if it's unjustified?
Item was stolen from open chest by Taa0613 then Taa0613 killed a horse. After they start blaming texture.

Those 2 acted really rude to texture before this incident, if it was me i would have banned them for a week only for bad language and role play. Adults with small kids play on Liberty Land.

Now they make things up that never happen.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Out`Of`Control wrote: Now they make things up that never happen.
It seems like they experienced the situation differently. Based on the initial posting, a misunderstanding seems highly likely to me. Lack of knowledge about the game may also lead to confusion.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Hello there. I came for a short visit and found some mods that should be updated due to their potential of being abused:
3d_armor (item duplication, item stealth)
unified_inventory (item duplication)
minetest_game (infinite items)
bitchange (selling worn-out tools)

The best would be to update all mods - just to be sure.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Out`Of`Control

by Out`Of`Control » Post

Thanks Krock

Aijo
In-game: Aijo

by Aijo » Post

Hi, I used to play on Liberty Land a lot before university and work, I just checked in on the game, looking for nostalgia, maybe play again, but I noticed some things were gone. Evil took over my home base and mine, destroying everything and remodeling. I wouldn't normally have a problem with this, but wasn't the spawn moved to promote expansion in a different corner, to keep old game history in place? I had chests of materials, mese, plants, seeds, metals and so on that are just gone. Furthermore, I can't use my network anymore. My station is gone, so I can't go to my other sites.

When I managed to get to one of my other sites, I see that it, too, is being broken apart. Again, not much of a problem, except it's in an area close to spawn that no one really plays in, and growth never really occurred, and still isn't happening. I'm lucky my chests are still there, but it looks like the other sites I played at are gone for good -- no real issue with these ones, as they were too far out to be considered a part of the historical aspect of the server/game.

So, this is my question: what's the current direction of the game is taking? It looked like a couple of the older buildings were replaced at the old spawn. If they're being replaced or destroyed, I'd like to know where I can download an older copy that has my supplies and buildings, at least for the nostalgia.

Out`Of`Control

by Out`Of`Control » Post

Aijo wrote:Hi, I used to play on Liberty Land a lot before university and work, I just checked in on the game, looking for nostalgia, maybe play again, but I noticed some things were gone. Evil took over my home base and mine, destroying everything and remodeling. I wouldn't normally have a problem with this, but wasn't the spawn moved to promote expansion in a different corner, to keep old game history in place? I had chests of materials, mese, plants, seeds, metals and so on that are just gone. Furthermore, I can't use my network anymore. My station is gone, so I can't go to my other sites.

When I managed to get to one of my other sites, I see that it, too, is being broken apart. Again, not much of a problem, except it's in an area close to spawn that no one really plays in, and growth never really occurred, and still isn't happening. I'm lucky my chests are still there, but it looks like the other sites I played at are gone for good -- no real issue with these ones, as they were too far out to be considered a part of the historical aspect of the server/game.

So, this is my question: what's the current direction of the game is taking? It looked like a couple of the older buildings were replaced at the old spawn. If they're being replaced or destroyed, I'd like to know where I can download an older copy that has my supplies and buildings, at least for the nostalgia.
Hi, there is a copy. You did not login for a long time, whole network was reset long time a go as map was partly deleted. Unfinished structure was removed. Its possible to restore. Network has to be rebuild.

Right now Server is down for an upgrade to debian 9

Out`Of`Control

by Out`Of`Control » Post

Server is UP again. Only different address as there are some trouble with domain provider.

v4169sgr
In-game: Wibble

by v4169sgr » Post

Would you mind sharing the new address ? :)

Out`Of`Control

by Out`Of`Control » Post

IP is the same as it was whole time. Only domain was broken, but it works again. Just fixed
mt.rbose.org as it was before.

NissiN3301

by NissiN3301 » Post

Would you fix up world map link. Old link does not work.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Update to 5.1, when?

PiTTi
In-game: PiTTi

by PiTTi » Post

hi,
waiting for 5.*. Update since April 2019...:-/.

corwom
In-game: corwom

by corwom » Post

New spawn area. Builded by Qntn, help - corwom and SinGrozaPsin.

UPD. Qntn rebuild area, pictures updated.
Attachments
screenshot_20200520_201457.png
screenshot_20200520_201457.png (859.77 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
screenshot_20200520_181952.png
screenshot_20200520_181952.png (517.28 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
screenshot_20200520_181515.png
screenshot_20200520_181515.png (822.51 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
Last edited by corwom on Wed May 20, 2020 18:20, edited 3 times in total.

corwom

by corwom » Post

Arts from players

By SinGrozaPsin and burdening

Tux by me :)
Attachments
screenshot_20200514_221423.png
screenshot_20200514_221423.png (724.2 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
screenshot_20200514_221247.png
screenshot_20200514_221247.png (557.51 KiB) Viewed 1899 times

PiTTi

by PiTTi » Post

Hi,
ich habe für alle Freunde von Liberty Land einen inoffiziellen Discord Kanal erstellt. Bitte beachtet, dass es sich nicht um einen offiziellen Server Kanal handelt, sondern ein Treffpunkt für die Spieler darstellt. Viel Spass :-) (nach Absprache mit Evil)

Hello everyone,
I have created an inofficial discord channel for all friends of Liberty Land. Please note that this is not an official server channel, but a meeting point for the players. have fun :-) (in consultation with Evil)
----

//edit
Since LL has been offline for a few months now, the Discord server will be shut down at the end of the year.
Last edited by PiTTi on Fri Nov 03, 2023 13:53, edited 3 times in total.

PiTTi

by PiTTi » Post

corwom wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 19:12
New spawn area. Builded by Qntn, help - corwom and SinGrozaPsin.
hi corwom, Qntn and SinGrozaPsin,
the new spawn area is beautiful. I love it <3

corwom

by corwom » Post

Hi everybody!
The Server is down since 2021-03-10, because of fire at OVH at SBG in France.
https://www.datacenterknowledge.com/upt ... enter-sbg2

UPD: Server is up again, mostly critical bugs was fixed. Backup from 2020-05.
Last edited by corwom on Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:50, edited 3 times in total.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

hmm, any other servers known to be affected?
maybe we should make a list

hopefully you had a local backup

corwom

by corwom » Post

Created a shop on new spawn area. Welcome!

Attachments
screenshot_20210709_215429.png
screenshot_20210709_215429.png (706.49 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
screenshot_20210705_183704.png
screenshot_20210705_183704.png (634.37 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
screenshot_20210723_145939.png
screenshot_20210723_145939.png (982.34 KiB) Viewed 1899 times

corwom

by corwom » Post

Hi everyone!

Last weeks we have a problem with connection to server, now looks like it is not shared, but it works. From some IP address it was possible to connect manually, if not I use VPN.
I report that to admins, waiting for fix this bug.

corwom, helper on Liberty Land server

Attachments
Screenshot at 2021-07-23 15-29-06.png
Screenshot at 2021-07-23 15-29-06.png (9.62 KiB) Viewed 1899 times

Out`Of`Control

by Out`Of`Control » Post

Hi, on connect you use domain name (rbose.org) or IP4 address. I disable firewall, still server does not appear on public server list. I have looked into config ip6 is disabled. Probably something is wrong in mt.config file.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Out`Of`Control wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 18:35
Hi, on connect you use domain name (rbose.org) or IP4 address. I disable firewall, still server does not appear on public server list. I have looked into config ip6 is disabled. Probably something is wrong in mt.config file.
* port forwarding on router ?
* server_announce = true
* a ip or url that points real on the outer address of your router ?
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)