Cash's World Server

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: Cash's World Server

by maikerumine » Post

843jdc wrote:Thanks for the endorsement :)

I have a a MAJOR problem running this server. It is 'holding my computer hostage'.

Installing or changing out hardware requires me to shut down the server. Though not for too long if things go right. I have held off on doing that for several days but I need to do so very soon.

Switching over to Windows is impossible. I have apps that can only be run under Windows. WINE won't work for those. I need to use those apps very soon. That requires the server to be shut down until I reboot into Linux. I have no other computer capable of hosting the MT server. I either solve this problem or I will have to shut down the server permanently. That I am extremely reluctant to do. Too many players have put too much time into it to do that to them. Or find someone else to host the server. And what would sneke, busse, vanek2 do without Cash's World to grief? haha

However, I have a solution to that problem that I will work on tonight. The server will be down for an hour or so while I do that.
We really hope this great place can keep on going, it it our favourite server, at least mine. :)
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

maikerumine wrote:We really hope this great place can keep on going, it it our favourite server, at least mine. :)
It's mine too. :)

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

I had fun griefing spawn. >:D
Attachments
Griefing_Cashs_World.png
Griefing_Cashs_World.png (1003.44 KiB) Viewed 602 times

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

Somebody call the sheriff and arrest that griefer !

xD

843jdc

The Server is now on a "New" Computer

by 843jdc » Post

The server has been moved a dedicated computer.
A dual-core Athlon 64-bit 2.6 GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD SATA2

While I see lag is a bit higher using /status, the cpu load isn't too bad and the network speed is the same.

We'll see how it works when I get a 'full-load' of players.

Meanwhile I will enjoy being able to do whatever I wish using my main computer again xD

843jdc

Bad Players

by 843jdc » Post

Listen up people.
This server is PvP!!! Killing players IS ALLOWED! If you don't want to be killed, stay in areas protected by protection blocks. Spawn and roads are also safe places.

I temper the PvP with a bit of creative by removing prot blocks, locked chests, and steel doors that are in the way of players that are building creatively. If you have a tiny cobblestone 'hut' and someone has placed a prot block beside it, I likely will not remove it. But it never hurts to ask me. I have noticed that some of the players making the most complaints are themselves griefers xD

843jdc

Re: The Server is now on a "New" Computer

by 843jdc » Post

With a 'full load' of players, I have 1.4 second of lag and riding carts is jerky :(
Network speeds are the same and the cpu load isn't that much. I think the problem is with the SATA2 HDD. I wonder if I can fit a 2.7GB (and growing) map into a ram drive on a computer with only 4GB of RAM?

I could also try installing the SSD into that computer and if that speeds things up, buy another SSD. Though that is more money than I want to spend right now.

I'll try the ram drive first. Using a SSD on a SATA2 bus doesn't sound like it will be all that fast. Maybe run an unexplore script on the map first to shrink it. One day I *will* learn how to read the map file using another program. :)

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: The Server is now on a "New" Computer

by maikerumine » Post

843jdc wrote:The server has been moved a dedicated computer.

While I see lag is a bit higher using /status, the cpu load isn't too bad and the network speed is the same.

We'll see how it works when I get a 'full-load' of players.

Meanwhile I will enjoy being able to do whatever I wish using my main computer again xD
Congrats on the switch over! Server runs great, sometimes laggy, but fine. I was on for a few hours today with no real issues. :)
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

843jdc

Server Down

by 843jdc » Post

Server is down for updates and general maintenance. I hope to have it back up in 2-3 days.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

This should work perfectly.

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

It doesn't. The HDD is constantly 'making noise'. It's slow compared to the SSD. But it isn't too bad. Introduces some lag. Installing Fedora 24 on the computer last night took a long time. And the computer hangs up when rebooting. I need to cycle the power every time.

I'm about to transfer the MT files to my main computer and work on them there. Though the network transfer will take time also. the map file is currently over 3 GB! xD

Beerholder
GitHub: evrooije
In-game: Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Good luck working on the files! Little picture of CC taken from Vana Tallinn Tower :-)

Attachments
Cocktail City from Vana Tallinn Tower
Cocktail City from Vana Tallinn Tower
screenshot_20160814_214223.png (386.43 KiB) Viewed 602 times

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

I love the dome :) What was that sci-fi flic that had spaceships with flora-filled domes? The crews were ordered to jettison the domes, destroy them, then return to earth. A crew member of only one ship did not do that. The crew would race around the ship in buggies.

I forgot to come visit. But I plan to take a good tour of the map before bringing the server back up. I will be able to look almost everywhere without being interrupted and causing me to forget to finish the tour :)

Vana Talinn Tower? Someone likes good liqueur xD

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

843jdc wrote: I love the dome :) What was that sci-fi flic that had spaceships with flora-filled domes? The crews were ordered to jettison the domes, destroy them, then return to earth. A crew member of only one ship did not do that. The crew would race around the ship in buggies.
That was "Silent running". Good to see that one of its domes managed to land on your worlds and survive there ;-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

Silent Running. Right. I have that video as a .mp4 video file somewhere.

haha. I didn't think of that xD

The trees have been saved from nuclear destruction :)

Ok. Past time to quit playing on @Test@ and get serious about getting CW back up and running.

Beerholder
GitHub: evrooije
In-game: Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Oh yes I remember seeing that movie when I was little! I wondered where that dome came from XD and maybe another one is going to land soon ;-) Wanna watch the movie again now, thanks for sharing the title Sokomine! :-D

843jdc

Water buckets

by 843jdc » Post

Water buckets are now treated exactly like lava buckets: You need the admin to place water.

I got tired of removing water over one of my roads. I think the water griefer is now using gravel. When I find out who is doing it, that player will be banned permanently >:|

With plenty of HDD space now, I'll start saving the log. I can search it to discover the griefer.

taikedz
GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Post

I can help you there maybe

https://github.com/taikedz/mt-manage/bl ... /mt-action

pipe your log through that script with coordinates and an optional radius, and see who's been active there...

(apologies, random interjection, came to see what the server was about after you mentioned it!)

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

Why does ManElevation have so many nyans? Is he cheating, or did someone (I'm looking at you, ADMIN) give him privs?
Attachments
ManElevation_Nyans.png
ManElevation_Nyans.png (495.56 KiB) Viewed 602 times

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

I didn't give him privs or the nyan cats.
Maybe he is a hacker!

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

All these people I like, such ManElevation turn out to be hackers...BTW, if I changed my client.cpp and compiled it so I could fly around and break all the laws of physics, will I get banned?

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

I said MAYBE he is a hacker. I did not give those to him either.
Use a hack offensively and you will be banned. Read the rules in my first post in this forum.

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

[quote="BBmine"]Why does ManElevation have so many nyans? Is he cheating, or did someone (I'm looking at you, ADMIN) give him privs?

Hahahah XD everyone thinks i am hacker now im not, i got the nyan cat given by Asia witch she has privs and i used Rnds environment machine mod to fly like ereyone else xD
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

BBmine

by BBmine » Post

ManElevation wrote:
BBmine wrote:Why does ManElevation have so many nyans? Is he cheating, or did someone (I'm looking at you, ADMIN) give him privs?

Hahahah XD everyone thinks i am hacker now im not, i got the nyan cat given by Asia witch she has privs and i used Rnds environment machine mod to fly like ereyone else xD
/me wishes asia would give me goodies.

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

Dont worry ADMIN fixed what it had to be fixed i Dont have the nyan cat anymore well he forgot one anyway \
XD
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368