Cash's World Server

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: Cash's World Server

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm sad to see Cash's World come to an end. I had many great memories playing here. But I can understand the need to move on and focus on new, more ambitious projects. When a labor of love becomes more labor than love, then it is usually best to change perspective.

Thank you again 843jdc for devoting your time and energy to host Cash's World these past few years. As a fellow server operator, I admire your willingness to build a community where players felt welcome to mine, build, and explore!

I will be sure to login this weekend to finalize some of my long-stalled builds so that once the server shuts down for good on Monday, it can bring some closure :)

Beerholder
GitHub: evrooije
In-game: Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Thanks for the wonderful server 843jdc. Sad to see it go but I totally understand... This server made me rediscover Minetest, after having played Minetest and Voxelands locally only, leaving it for a long time. I picked it up again and this time I wanted to go online. I immediately liked yours the best. It had a lot of good things: Huge mountains, awesome terrain, endless canyons, a bit of farming, economy, places far away from spawn where to build, the multiple cities at some point, factories to automate stuff, excellent chat system. I spent hours and hours on end expanding my little dominion too far away for n00bs to be discovered. This server was just such a very cool place! I'll drop by to take some screenies and coords of (what's left) of Cocktail City and PM you somewhere next week or week after with coords of some builds I'd like to save.

My little server, Beerarchy, is in part inspired by Cash's World: The insane mountains, the machines, the close to out of the box default Minetest look and feel, no silly decorative nodes, PVP (although a fight has yet to break out XD), a Redis like backend, wonderful chat system. Add to that some of the good stuff from HOMETOWN and ESM such as mobs, armor, weapons. Sans moderation and the option to mute players, as I knew firsthand the troubles you had the few times we spoke online. But the basis for the game was always your server, especially for the wonderful landscape, and I just started working from there :-) Feel free to drop by anytime when you have time

To commemorate, I shall change the cats on my server into the undefeatable little overlord kittens they are supposed to be, with tremendous armor and extremely high HP, increase their spawn chances and change their description. Let's just say, "Cash's World's Feline Overlords" as they shall be know, found their way to my server ready to turn some more humanz into minions to do their bidding :)

Thanks again for letting me rediscover this game, for the wonderful server and the good times it gave me, for the inspiration and all your hard work maintaining and making the server better, even after natural disaster struck! All the best, say hi to the cats, enjoy some well deserved time off from the admin work and hope we will run into each other on some server somewhere sometime!

- A Cash's World Overlord Kitten preparing to rainbowspace and make the long journey to another planet
Last edited by Beerholder on Sun Aug 20, 2017 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

|FGH|
In-game: FGH

by |FGH| » Post

843jdc I want to make screens of places I need you to save,so I need the interact,the fly and the fast please.These are last days so
I am the admin of Blazecraft,I'm recluting moderators
Last update:12/02/2019

nuu7
In-game: nuu7

by nuu7 » Post

I wanted to thank you 843jdc for your work. I had an absolute blast playing here.

BTW, if you are looking for some ideas to satisfy that computer creativity itch ;) then may I suggest trying out level design with Source Editor? I don't know how you feel about FPS games, but there is a supportive community of level designers and tons of videos online that can teach you to how to design a game level sort of like in AutoCAD.

Example:
https://gamebanana.com/maps/191508

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

I like to thank 843jdc for helping me though problems I had in minetest, cash world wax my first server so here's when I got thought how to play, I remember screeming like a noob the first time I found an Ore :P
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

I like to thank 843jdc for helping me though problems I had in minetest, cash world was my first server so here's when I got thought how to play, I remember screeming like a noob the first time I found an Ore :P

|FGH|

by |FGH| » Post

Places to save:Spacestation:3090,1506,-2522,Dupe 1 and dupe 2:459,836,232/-5,2624,-165,Spacemese 1 and 2:13,2553,-133/-3093,1523,-2418,Factory:395,-73,5131,Home(this is the most important building..the first building ever and very big.I d like to save all the mountain till stonemakelight and all my places inside the mountain):102,9,-349.Id like you to save all those things..if you cant then just save factory,home,spacestation

843jdc
GitHub: jdc843
IRC: jdc843
In-game: 843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

So Salex, also known as FGH, intends to have his builds imported to other servers with many chests filled with mese, diamond, and gold blocks?

Hmmm. I'm sure I can fix that easily

hehe

Yes Salex, you 'ran your mouth' thinking I was gone haha

|FGH|

by |FGH| » Post

No I dont want that,I used the /give to build a test factory and stop at least the last days thx always blaming me.Plus I wanted to say those diamonds you re talking are diams I got with factory also

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

843jdc wrote:So Salex, also known as FGH, intends to have his builds imported to other servers with many chests filled with mese, diamond, and gold blocks?

Hmmm. I'm sure I can fix that easily

hehe

Yes Salex, you 'ran your mouth' thinking I was gone haha
not moving that to mine :P

843jdc

Re: Salex

by 843jdc » Post

Liar.

I watched you use the /giveme command to give yourself a very large amount of diamondblocks. Then I read your chat saying what you were going to do with them.

I will still put your builds into DropBox. But good luck finding a server that will accept them. Depending on the difficulty, I might edit the files to remove your chests. If you want them back, you can learn how to edit them. I'm sure that won't be too hard for you to do.

Vlad_plays_minetest
In-game: Vlad Lone_Scowt

by Vlad_plays_minetest » Post

thx for the amazing server 843jdc.i will never forget it.i had many great memories here and learnt alot thanks to this place and im really sad to see it go but maybe its for the best.goodluck with all future plans and remember always have fun doing those plans.see u on some random server on the game :P
So rusty...I haven't played this in years

843jdc

by 843jdc » Post

CW is down and out.
:(

|FGH|

by |FGH| » Post

Even after what you said...I also want to say Cash's World was the first server I joined,where I learnt to craft and to play Minetest!I had fun building my very first house with factory near stonemakelight(who isnt on since 2016,rip)..One of the hest servers ever!Proof is that cash s world has been on top list for a lot of months.Rip :'(/I dont care of those diams omg.

Beerholder
GitHub: evrooije
In-game: Beerholder

by Beerholder » Post

Last Visit to Cash's World: Closing the Doors to Cocktail City. Back home, waiting for the end. Back where I started this journey, almost a year ago, into the online world of Minetest, I shed a tear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRX1aNv ... 3_pGzORsVI

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Holy shit.... I just read this. :/ I feel kinda bad, as I started strong on the server but died out, like all the other servers I play. :( Take your machine back and CAD it up!, of course, you will most def make an even better server now, with no constraints, I can see that happening. ;-)
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

843jdc wrote:CW is down and out.

Vlad_plays_minetest
In-game: Vlad Lone_Scowt

by Vlad_plays_minetest » Post

843jdc wrote:CW is down and out.
goodbye old amazing server :'( we will never forget u
So rusty...I haven't played this in years

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Cool story bro!

|FGH|

by |FGH| » Post

XD

|FGH|

by |FGH| » Post

Last thing I wanted to say Baggins,sorry for saying you were TheQueenB.I discovered TheQueenB is Jasmine and has been protected by admin and by the whole server with her griefs.It s incredible this makes the server stink.:/No banning or permabanning after the big griefs that werent even removed wow grats!

ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

|FGH| wrote:Last thing I wanted to say Baggins,sorry for saying you were TheQueenB.I discovered TheQueenB is Jasmine and has been protected by admin and by the whole server with her griefs.It s incredible this makes the server stink.:/No banning or permabanning after the big griefs that werent even removed wow grats!
Save those post to urself :)

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

|FGH| wrote:Last thing I wanted to say Baggins,sorry for saying you were TheQueenB.I discovered TheQueenB is Jasmine and has been protected by admin and by the whole server with her griefs.It s incredible this makes the server stink.:/No banning or permabanning after the big griefs that werent even removed wow grats!
Thanks man :)

Cpt_mcg
GitHub: CptMcg
IRC: mcg
In-game: mcg Captain_FluffCat

by Cpt_mcg » Post

BBmine wrote:
Thanks man :)
It's funny because I was just talking to him! (Welp, like an hour-ish ago)
xD I'm a weird gamer, I cannot help it :P
BBmine needs help, help him :P
I need to be nicer than nice.
Je connais un peu de français.

Wraz

by Wraz » Post

Found some screenshots. Best regards to ADMIN.