[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

juli

GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Mon Jul 17, 2017 13:00

Thank u for adding this mod tm3 :)
@Mahal and other peoples inspecting Problems on the server:
can u please write this Problems here on forum in a list or so?
Then don't have to search the Problems in my inbox ... and also u don't have to write them to
me and tm3 if u hope, that both try to fix them (and whats about you linus? ;) ).

linushsao

IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

by linushsao » Tue Jul 18, 2017 05:15

juli wrote:Thank u for adding this mod tm3 :)
@Mahal and other peoples inspecting Problems on the server:
can u please write this Problems here on forum in a list or so?
Then don't have to search the Problems in my inbox ... and also u don't have to write them to
me and tm3 if u hope, that both try to fix them (and whats about you linus? ;) ).

yes?
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

juli

by juli » Tue Jul 18, 2017 09:32

The aliens should now spawn again with a chance of 10 in an area of 80^2 every 120 seconds, near sand.
I tested it with the newest version of marsu game offline and there were aliens spawning.
Please tell if there is still a Problem with the aliens.

EDIT:
tested it on the server: there are now aliens spawning for sure, i hope not to many XD
i also try to fix an problem with the tree-airgen to make it useable

Is there someone on the server producing air already sucessfully?
I know there is a Problem with flowers disappearing ...

tm3

IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

by tm3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:35

juli wrote:The aliens should now spawn again with a chance of 10 in an area of 80^2 every 120 seconds, near sand.
I tested it with the newest version of marsu game offline and there were aliens spawning.
Please tell if there is still a Problem with the aliens.

EDIT:
tested it on the server: there are now aliens spawning for sure, i hope not to many XD
i also try to fix an problem with the tree-airgen to make it useable

Is there someone on the server producing air already sucessfully?
I know there is a Problem with flowers disappearing ...

How is it going with your transfer to the capital city? :)

Thanks for the debug juli about those aliens not spawning. :)
Lol but there are too much aliens outside of spawn even :P man reduce the number :P They are lagging server too. make 1% chance or make it 1800 or even 3600 seconds or something. This is too much ;)

Regarding server the flowers weren't disappearing but they were converted to dry grass because of weather effect or something which is really not good. Also, add WEED to air production. I think they are immune to such weather :P may be not i don't know never tested it. This problem can be solved by making the dry grass produce oxygen too :P lol so season and air production can be compatible with each other :P

Also, server restarts randomly sometimes (i guess since the last mars game update) when players join i have seen it numerous times from irc. Even when new players joins, it happens sometimes. :(

PS: Linus appears and replies when you say his name :P xD otherwise he is asleep :P xD
- Yours truly TM3

Mahal

In-game: Aule

by Mahal » Tue Jul 18, 2017 20:56

Hi folks!

1. thank you for adding the replacer !!! Its great to build complex stuff with it :)
2. Thanks for enable the aliens again, but please reduce their spawn chance / amount or lifetime drastically ! After playing a while on server there are thousands everywhere .. crashing even the server . It was quite funny to deal with them .. but now there are way too much of them! Lagging everything to instant death ^^

juli

by juli » Wed Jul 19, 2017 05:41

Should we rename the server to Alien Invasion? XD

ok i go to reduce the spawn chance ;)

tm3

by tm3 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 07:16

Yah! let's rename it to Alien invasion of Mars.

They have set up base in Mars to take down earthlings :P xD

Anyways, thanks juli for reduction of aliens, it actually slowing down server a lot. Reduce their number and increase the time of spawn too :)
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Wed Jul 19, 2017 07:53

Changes i made today:
- reduce alien number (it should now be normal, i tested it for around 1/2 hour)
- fix 2 recipes: secam and diglazer is craftable again
- flowers don't turn into dry grass if they are not in vacuum, or if they are inside an airmaker which has an pot_lid on top
(punch one time if the flower is put on it, see at spawn for an example)

A short list what should be changed:
- secam sound??? (don't know if this is fixed already)
- sound for marssurvive:door1
- fix crashs on player join (@tm3 u could send me the error messages u read in the log, would be good for fix)

Mahal

by Mahal » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:46

Hi there ,
I made a custom version of the scifi_nodes mod to add walking sound for nearly all nodes incl. doors (I used the marssurvive door sound for them) ! I also added some recycle recipe, to get the basic scifi nodes from some "products" .. to be able to use them again for another recipe. I like to add / change more , but need time to do that. Tell me , If you don't like the recipes .. but please add sound at least.

changes are only in:
- init.lua
- crafts.lua
- sounds folder
Attachments
scifi_nodes_Mahal.zip
doomed scifi_nodes mod incl. sound + some recipes
(370.55 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

juli

by juli » Wed Jul 19, 2017 13:47

i have looked into the diff (vimdiff :) ) and it looks good, so i merged it

tm3

by tm3 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 14:25

Thanks juli for your help. i will send you those things. They are in logs i will point it out where and when they are.

For secam i have already put a sound. Don't know whether it is there after changes though. May be i will check it again.

Thanks Aule. i think juli has already added some i saw on github. Put your version of scifi mod on github too and send the link to both of us; so that any change you make, we can compare, test and add accordingly. It's lot easier that way. :)

PS: what on earth Vimdiff doing here on this game :P ;) Also, i will talk to you juli about another mod in game later or in irc may be to ease the interaction process and hassle free without our interference :) Though it will need a little bit tweak may be :)
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Wed Jul 19, 2017 14:40

lol i have only checked with vimdiff what aule has done ...
i opened the new and old init.lua and crafts.lua ... because i don't wanna merge first and then look nto the changes,
or make a new git-fork

LRV

In-game: Mooncarman Moonvehicleman LunarRovingVehicle LRV

by LRV » Fri Aug 04, 2017 07:47

Cna someone help me?
I accidently broke my sapling and now I cannot do anything can somebody give me one?
LRV wrote:
LRV wrote:I got another food mod xtraarmor, of course a customleather item needs to be added, but the chainmaila nd leather armor would be pretty fitting.

Why is there food in my sentence? XD

tm3

by tm3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 15:30

LRV wrote:Cna someone help me?
I accidently broke my sapling and now I cannot do anything can somebody give me one?

Accidentally broke your sapling. uh lol. ok. I will give you few. mars sapling i guess or any other tree. you forgot to mention.
- Yours truly TM3

Stix

In-game: Stix

by Stix » Fri Aug 04, 2017 22:21

this server looks fun, i may join sometime
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Why do so many people believe in "God"?
Want to know whats gonna be in the next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php

Mahal

by Mahal » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:16

Hello folks,

I like to know which part(s) of the servers mods spawns the scifi_nodes plants on the pollution:polluted_dirt ?!
I searched inside code .. but didn't found it . Maybe this custom function is in a special mod?

Thanks in advance :)

tm3

by tm3 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 06:21

Mahal wrote:Hello folks,

I like to know which part(s) of the servers mods spawns the scifi_nodes plants on the pollution:polluted_dirt ?!
I searched inside code .. but didn't found it . Maybe this custom function is in a special mod?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi! Nice to see you back again :) How was your holiday ?

Yes, that is in a special path "mods > linus_added > abm.lua" LN: 62 - 113 :)
- Yours truly TM3

Mahal

by Mahal » Mon Sep 18, 2017 19:42

Hey tm3,
Thank you for your fast answer!
My holidays were nice , and i am already missing the warm weather and ocean. Sadly we don't have that where I am living :( But at least i can go online in MT and play at a beach there :)
CU ingame

linushsao

[Announce] Server shutdown for backup

by linushsao » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:18

Hi,all. as title. maybe tonight or these days.
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

[Announce] .deb package for Minetest_MarsSurvival game

by linushsao » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:36

hi,all. after reading the document about DebPacking,i make a .deb package to install mars-game using apt system of debian.it'll install game into /usr/share/game/marsu,and it's only for linux(sorry for users of other OS.)。

download link: https://goo.gl/k5koPD

i'm try to become a debian maintainer(DM) to make it easier to install by apt-get install,but it seems hard for me to be DM(too many steps,i'm try to realize it...@@a).

pls feel free to tell me if something wrong during install this package,i wish we could install mars-game via apt-get someday ,tks~
5).TODO-List

Mahal

by Mahal » Tue Oct 10, 2017 16:05

Hello folks,
since its often calm on Mars Server .. and i have less time now. I cant wait ingame till one of the admins will appear . So i like to ask here for a buddy who likes to get interact on the server. His name is

"Mototank" .

btw: if u like to have more players on your cool server: it might be helpfull to use a random generated password to get interact automatically . While the PW needs to be hidden in the list of the serverrules. This way you can at least ensure that new players read the rules (to find the PW :). Knowledge about survival (or where to find informations ) can be a part of them ;)

tm3

by tm3 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 06:41

Mahal wrote:Hello folks,
since its often calm on Mars Server .. and i have less time now. I cant wait ingame till one of the admins will appear . So i like to ask here for a buddy who likes to get interact on the server. His name is

"Mototank" .

btw: if u like to have more players on your cool server: it might be helpfull to use a random generated password to get interact automatically . While the PW needs to be hidden in the list of the serverrules. This way you can at least ensure that new players read the rules (to find the PW :). Knowledge about survival (or where to find informations ) can be a part of them ;)

Mars is mostly calm anyways :P. Players come and go looking at the bizarre place.

I am always there. The only thing that it was festival time. So, i couldn't appear mostly. And now, my broadband connection is cut off since 3 days or so lol. So, running on 3G,4G whatever G's. :P Regarding, the giving interact, yes i am already on a auto interact giving mod. Problem is i am not able to give it much time due to some work and travelling.

But, anyways, i always check IRC and the forum posts at least once everyday for mails and messages. I have replied to your friend Mototank already on the same day or so. He/she didn't replied subsequently. Only, today he/she replied and He/she was given interact as per procedure :)
- Yours truly TM3

Previous

Return to Servers