[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

tm3
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Post

farfadet46 wrote:hi everyone, i found a problem with seed, we can't open door with seed in hand :/
Sorry, farfadet there are somethings in mintest you can't open a door with. One of them is seeds. :P It's default to minetest. Another is bucket too i guess. :P ;) That's not a server specific problem :)
- Yours truly TM3

juli
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

by juli » Post

I searched in the game-repositiory today and i found some wierd things:
1.Why are there so many mods in the xpanes mod folder? They will not be recognised by the server because xpanes is NO modpack. So if u make changes there it will change nothing!
Also the mods in the xpanes folder also exist outside of it, so they are redundant.

2.U can't specify for any nodes 2 things:
· whether they can hold air- this is for all nodes same and should not be a problem
· whether they can protect from sandstorm - this is calculated by light so if u are in full bright, u can receive damage from sandstorm. -> i very dislike this because glass can't protect, and also much other nodes not.
-> for play well on mars we should fix this, but i have no idea how.

linushsao
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:I searched in the game-repositiory today and i found some wierd things:
1.Why are there so many mods in the xpanes mod folder? They will not be recognised by the server because xpanes is NO modpack. So if u make changes there it will change nothing!
Also the mods in the xpanes folder also exist outside of it, so they are redundant.
it's an wierd error when i use github,there will be one folder which contain all other folders randomly and will be happen in very few chance. i have no ideas about that,every time i found it because server start-fail before,but not in this time .
· whether they can protect from sandstorm - this is calculated by light so if u are in full bright, u can receive damage from sandstorm. -> i very dislike this because glass can't protect, and also much other nodes not.
i have think about it,as juli said it's depend on light-degree,not insude/outside,maybe we could make normal glass darker,or treat the sandstorm like an ....Radiation/sand storm.
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

juli

by juli » Post

I had the idea to make it like little stones falling down, which can damage the player, but only from top and not from sides.
So we have only to check whether the sand particles touch ground.

PS: happy Birthday linus :)

tm3

by tm3 » Post

juli wrote:I had the idea to make it like little stones falling down, which can damage the player, but only from top and not from sides.

Little stone falling down from where? Isn't mars storm already doing that :P And Mars is full of sand on surface.:P Even the dunes which look like big mountains are made of sand :)
lol, mars has no stone unturned :P

Oh btw, happy birthday Linus :)
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Post

i mean instead of sandstorm u know

tm3

by tm3 » Post

juli wrote:I searched in the game-repositiory today and i found some wierd things:

2.U can't specify for any nodes 2 things:
· whether they can hold air- this is for all nodes same and should not be a problem
I have no idea about xpanes though. xpanes are even in scifi too (i have not made it's recipe/activated it). i guess it's there because there are things like glass panes etc. viewtopic.php?id=2117

glass are weak somehow (xD lol) in mars. Because they are earthly :P. That's why we have scifi glass. It's like bullet proof or so lol so, can withstand sandstorm. :)
- Yours truly TM3

tm3

by tm3 » Post

juli wrote:i mean instead of sandstorm u know
No stone rain in mars lol :P xD. it is covered in sand :). So, sandstorm is as per Mars environment :P
Juli getting crazy ideas after attending college. :) :P XD
Chances of stone falling is rather more in mines. esp. in caves lol. Lot of people die due to mine collapse or stone fell down etc. :P No game consider this. ;) At least a chance of 10% should be there :D. Make minetest great again xD
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Post

can u please update the ufo mod? i have fixed some errors there so that the ufo stops flying after leave ufo ...
here is the link:https://github.com/cpdef/minetest-ufos

And also marssurvive mod, see the post:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13913&p=264691#p264691
and the Download link:download/file.php?id=10050

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

tm3 wrote:
juli wrote:I had the idea to make it like little stones falling down, which can damage the player, but only from top and not from sides.

Little stone falling down from where? Isn't mars storm already doing that :P And Mars is full of sand on surface.:P Even the dunes which look like big mountains are made of sand :)
lol, mars has no stone unturned :P

Oh btw, happy birthday Linus :)
tks,juli&tm3...XD
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:can u please update the ufo mod? i have fixed some errors there so that the ufo stops flying after leave ufo ...
here is the link:https://github.com/cpdef/minetest-ufos

And also marssurvive mod, see the post:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13913&p=264691#p264691
and the Download link:download/file.php?id=10050
ok,update will be done tonight.(for me it's 12:30PM)
5).TODO-List

Mahal
In-game: Aule

by Mahal » Post

Hello linus, tm3, juli and all the others on the Mars Server!

Its me , Aule, who never managed to create a MT forum account with his ingame name :/

1. I have to say , I really like your server! Its a great place to feel a bit like on Mars, to see & build cool SicFi /tech stuff and to meet some nice players!

2. Sadly I had a very frustrating experience on Server today:
I was flying happily in my (4.) UFO when the server crashed. And after I logged in again, I felt out of my UFO - down to ground - and my UFO flew away without me :( see red arrow in picture )

But this wasn't even the worst thing what happened.
Soon after hitting the ground I even LOST my SPACESUIT , because I accidentally pressed the "throw item away key" (which was on "Q" key till this event) .... while I was trying to follow the UFO (you can even see "me pressing E key" in attempt to "run fast" ;)
Sadly normal, players die after some sec without spacesuit on Mars. But sadly spacesuits are not craft able and I also don't have the 10 "Minecoin" to buy a new one.
And now I am stuck at spawn..

So please make spacesuit at least craft able. And maybe add something to prevent accidental lost , like the "armor" slot and change the mars mod to accept spacesuit there.

btw:
I lost already 3 other UFOs by such bugs (once my ufo just vanished when I reached nearly + 300 nodes height) and I could live with it , if they where cheaper (1 mese + 2 iron blocks atm).

Sorry for your inconvenience!

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

update:

Thanks to @farfadet46 I got a new spacesuit and was even able to catch my lost UFO .. hanging in a tree ;)
Spoiler

linushsao

[#Announce] update for battery(technic mod)&chest(default mo

by linushsao » Post

description:
1.battery of technic mod: planks of moretree mod & sulfur of technic mod could be used for crafting battery.
2.chest : planks of moretree mod could be used for crafting chest.
3.UFO mod: tks for juli's contribution.

update will be take effect after server reboot.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

Mahal wrote:Hello linus, tm3, juli and all the others on the Mars Server!

Its me , Aule, who never managed to create a MT forum account with his ingame name :/

1. I have to say , I really like your server! Its a great place to feel a bit like on Mars, to see & build cool SicFi /tech stuff and to meet some nice players!
Hi, Aule. and tks for juli/tm3 have spend much time to take care of our game-world,tks for giving me feedbacks of all players.

truely,we have nice players,i remember tm3 had said that our mars-world are griefer-blocked naturaly,because even griefer have to looking for way to survival. and i believe juli/tm3 have special humor about setting the jail.
2. Sadly I had a very frustrating experience on Server today:
I was flying happily in my (4.) UFO when the server crashed. And after I logged in again, I felt out of my UFO - down to ground - and my UFO flew away without me :( see red arrow in picture )
But this wasn't even the worst thing what happened.
Soon after hitting the ground I even LOST my SPACESUIT , because I accidentally pressed the "throw item away key" (which was on "Q" key till this event) .... while I was trying to follow the UFO (you can even see "me pressing E key" in attempt to "run fast" ;)
Sadly normal, players die after some sec without spacesuit on Mars. But sadly spacesuits are not craft able and I also don't have the 10 "Minecoin" to buy a new one.
And now I am stuck at spawn..

So please make spacesuit at least craft able. And maybe add something to prevent accidental lost , like the "armor" slot and change the mars mod to accept spacesuit there.

btw:
I lost already 3 other UFOs by such bugs (once my ufo just vanished when I reached nearly + 300 nodes height) and I could live with it , if they where cheaper (1 mese + 2 iron blocks atm).

Sorry for your inconvenience!
i believe that our adventure players already give you help,and tks for farfadet46's help.

have a nice day,Aule. XD
5).TODO-List

juli

by juli » Post

And whats about the changes in marssurvive mod i mentioned? :)
Atm i changed only aliens.lua so i think it should work if u only update this file.

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

I think the UFO mod needs some improvements at some essential parts of the code:

1. Allow ONLY to PICK UP, if the player has at least 1 slot free in his inventory!
(I just lost a UFO , because I had a full inventory when "trying" to pick it up. And it just vanished, instead of not letting me pick it up as its normaly the case for all other stuff in MT, if you have a full inventory! )

2. prevent that players will fall out of the UFO when they "logged out" while flying it (which also happens when server crashes - which happened quite often recently)

3. Maybe add some "damage" instead of instantly being destroyed when hit by a aliengun / laser.

OR: just change the UFO recipe to make it much cheaper - which is also much easier to do in code - (maybe just 1 mese crystal instead of a block)! Then its not so painful when you lose it by "bugs" .

Many thanks in advance, if someone will work on that.

juli

by juli » Post

the 2. and the 3. Point should, if linus updated the mod already, be fixed.

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

Here is another weird experience I had on the server :

1. I found some nice grassland (generated by mapgen) where lots of flowers and other plants were slowly spreading .. and after some time I was in the middle of a really beautiful meadow. But when i came back today to harvest some flowers, all of them turned into dry grass and only the default + jungle grass and some cotton survived. And on the other side, this "dry grass" is not spreading / spawning on "dirt_with_dry_grass" (savannah) where it normally belongs to (in default game) .. which creates very weird looking dirt landscapes :(

If the "flower behaviour" is intended: Please add this Information about this special behaviour on Mars at spawn (there is none atm)! Becaue imo Its just annoying, if a player invests time to spread flowers .. and when its harvesting time .. all are vanished . But maybe its just another bug..

2. Please add all other type of swords in the code (line 68) of the farming plus mod https://github.com/PilzAdam/farming/blo ... umpkin.lua .. to allow them "crafting a "farming:pumpkin_face" when chopping pumpkins. At the moment its only possible with "wood, stone and steel sword" ..
These pumpkins - as part of the recipe for scarecrows - are essential for farming issues, since without scarecrows on farming areas, useless "weed" is spreading very fast on farming soil. And thats very annoying.

juli

by juli » Post

Linus what have u done with the mapgen? it generates no mars landscape anymore! :(
but normal stone hills etc! ....

And one word about the "tweaks": i think to many tweaks let the mods mess up,
and it is everytime better to change less things.
I had the idea to clean the mods etc. a bit and look which things are realy need.
I think the best would be if all the tweaks are storred in one mod, if possible.

linushsao

[#ANNOUNCE]update for mapgen error

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:Linus what have u done with the mapgen? it generates no mars landscape anymore! :(
but normal stone hills etc! .....
hi,juli&other players. mapgen error already fixed,and because of this error ,we have "Mars Oasis" in few places surriunded with mars-landscape. the known Mars-Oasis's position is (4900,70,-4380),will have some limited materials of folwers/woods,maybe players will need it. these Mars Oasis will be slowly turn to mars-landscape naturally.

and,aliens are already know the positions of all Mars Oasis,too...XD
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

about other issues i'll read it again later,tks~
5).TODO-List

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

Hi linus,

there is a bug with the default:sign_wall_wood (at least that is what i originally crafted)... after placing it shows signs:sign , and after picking up its called "SIGN_WITH_TEXT" in inventory, although it has no text at all (and can't be reset either)! Its not stackable. and btw: the sign interface is crap - please use one window for text, like in books - not "lines". I haven't tried other signs of the mod.

and PLEASE:

(check again and) explain how FLOWERS are handled by your server!!!
I tried again to spread some flowers on default:dirt_with_grass and all flowers I placed just turned only into dry grass :( If that is intended / normal on your server you need to say it. In this case please explain how we can craft dyes. Or give an alternative to craft dye (which is better anyway).

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

Sorry to bother you with another issue:

Could you please reduce the volume of the seccam (by half) and set it to "active after placing" (deactivation by right click)?
And please change the aliengun, so that shoots from it (or from aliens) do not destroy droped items / UFOs anymore! At the moment it is just annoying, that you have to fight very often with numerous really deadly aliens , which often spawn very close to player .., but most of the "droped items of killed aliens is destroyed in these fights (by the shoots or other aliens).. At lest this happens often to me, because i am often exploring and gathering items on surface.

Thanks in advance!

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

Mahal wrote:Hi linus,

there is a bug with the default:sign_wall_wood (at least that is what i originally crafted)... after placing it shows signs:sign , and after picking up its called "SIGN_WITH_TEXT" in inventory, although it has no text at all (and can't be reset either)! Its not stackable. and btw: the sign interface is crap - please use one window for text, like in books - not "lines". I haven't tried other signs of the mod.

and PLEASE:

(check again and) explain how FLOWERS are handled by your server!!!
I tried again to spread some flowers on default:dirt_with_grass and all flowers I placed just turned only into dry grass :( If that is intended / normal on your server you need to say it. In this case please explain how we can craft dyes. Or give an alternative to craft dye (which is better anyway).
tks for your feedback,i'll try to fix it.
5).TODO-List