[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

tm3
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Post

linushsao wrote: now mars-world in server is running as previous version(without alien catcher),we are waiting for juli's tweak for alien-catcher mod to avoid from server-crash as we discuss several days before? or juli have release new code? sorry i could patch for error"nil variables" but maybe tomorrow.
Yes he did check the github code :) i think he has merged it too. We talked previous night in irc and done it :P :). That's just a recipe so i don't think gonna break anything, except how it catches alien (where problem may lie) but any way we have to test it :)
- Yours truly TM3

juli
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

by juli » Post

linushsao wrote: YOU GOT the PM(reply days before)!!
Sorry have i done something bad? Why u speak so loud?
(Maybe u have send it axidently to tm3? i never got a pm from you ... only this, which tm3 has forwared to me) ...
And yes i changed only one crafting, it should be under 10 lines long, u can read it here:
https://github.com/linushsao/marsu_game ... d5e3ec3f8b

PS: i realy don't want to bother u linus, i just don't understand the capitals u use ...

linushsao
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:
linushsao wrote: YOU GOT the PM(reply days before)!!
Sorry have i done something bad? Why u speak so loud?
(Maybe u have send it axidently to tm3? i never got a pm from you ... only this, which tm3 has forwared to me) ...
And yes i changed only one crafting, it should be under 10 lines long, u can read it here:
https://github.com/linushsao/marsu_game ... d5e3ec3f8b

PS: i realy don't want to bother u linus, i just don't understand the capitals u use ...
oh,sorry. you never bother me,of course.

i forgot captial letter means loudly speak. have you ever saw a old movies"You've Got Mai"?...XD
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

juli

by juli » Post

Ok good, but i just don't understand why u send me a PM, but there is no in my mailbox ...

And one question: do u sync the github repository with the server manualy, or does the server auto-sync on reboot?
Because after merge, the aliencatcher still doesn't appear.

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:Ok good, but i just don't understand why u send me a PM, but there is no in my mailbox ...
it's strange,i remember that PM you than mail tm3,maybe i did something stupid.
And one question: do u sync the github repository with the server manualy, or does the server auto-sync on reboot?
Because after merge, the aliencatcher still doesn't appear.
manualy,not auto-sync. i could make a script to auto-sync github-> server every day.
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

tm3

by tm3 » Post

Guys, guys... let's forget about the PM etc. and let's focus on the thing we are making. currently alien catcher

1. Juli has updated the Mars Server code for Alien catcher. It's done.

2. Linus answer me a question : Do your github mars server code directly sync to server and get reflected into game or not? ( ok, i got the answer it's not. That's ok. ;). you can make script, but you can load manually too :) )

3. So, i guess you can put the code into the server now or may be later at your suitable time. we will test it out and see if any problem. :)

4. Another thing (IMPORTANT), i have created a TEST branch. So, i guess new update should be merged to that branch leaving master branch. So, that if any problem occur at least we have the previous stable code :) Is it ok for both of you :) As soon as the new update got into a stable form or working properly; we can push it into the master branch :). This 2 phase will ensure smooth workflow :)

Thanks, i think all confusion should be clear after this message :)
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Post

its ok tm3, a backup is everytime good (btw: i think u can also simply make a rollback in a github repository)
It would be good if admin could put the code into the server, so that the new changes take effect.
About auto-sync u can do what u want linus :)

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

tm3 wrote:
2. Linus answer me a question : Do your github mars server code directly sync to server and get reflected into game or not? ( ok, i got the answer it's not. That's ok. ;). you can make script, but you can load manually too :) )

yes,i could make a script to auto-sync when server reboot at midnight.

3. So, i guess you can put the code into the server now or may be later at your suitable time. we will test it out and see if any problem. :)

yes,after about 4~8 hours when i'm at home.

4. Another thing (IMPORTANT), i have created a TEST branch. So, i guess new update should be merged to that branch leaving master branch. So, that if any problem occur at least we have the previous stable code :) Is it ok for both of you :) As soon as the new update got into a stable form or working properly; we can push it into the master branch :). This 2 phase will ensure smooth workflow :)

Thanks, i think all confusion should be clear after this message :)
your test-version has any tweak different from juli's version?,i have to wait for you merge your test-version into juli's code or?(sorry i could not looking in code now)
5).TODO-List

tm3

by tm3 » Post

linushsao wrote: your test-version has any tweak different from juli's version?,i have to wait for you merge your test-version into juli's code or?(sorry i could not looking in code now)
Linus, no no you are missing the point. I don't mean that :) what i said is for workflow; not for this particular thing only. Juli has directly merged into master branch of your mars server code. That's ok. What i proposed is to only push anything to master branch after thorough testing of test branch. This is to avoid any problem due to coding in future plus we will always have a stable version. A dev version is good for editing without any worry :).

Yes, juli. we can always rollback to any point i guess. But then we might have to re-write the code again may be from that point so, previous history will be lost or something i don't know. Undo and redo is good. But having a backup copy of that program is always good. i think you do understand what i mean (you are a linux guy :) :P ). Accidents happens ! :P better be safe than sorry :) ;) Plus, we get an extra branch in which we can do crazy things without worrying about losing anything :P :). it's like a stable version and dev version of software :)
This url explain it a little in depth i guess
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2458 ... ces-in-git
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Post

@linushsao /@tm3 i want to introduce some coding conventions for the github repo ok?
only 2 little things:
1.please mark a patch with --PATCH ath the begin and --PATCH END at the end
2. do the same with debuging parts
-> so we could solve patches later and same if someone has a debug part not removed.
ok?

and @linushsao is it possible to give me privs, since it would be much simpler to debug, because i need not to reboot so often anymore. We could make also a debug player called "DEBUG", to send all debug messages directly to him with minetest.chat_send_player() and give only that player the privs priv.

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

juli wrote:@Andrey01 :P first the mars-server has to work
Really doesn`t your server work?It is connected now

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:@linushsao /@tm3 i want to introduce some coding conventions for the github repo ok?
only 2 little things:
1.please mark a patch with --PATCH ath the begin and --PATCH END at the end
2. do the same with debuging parts
-> so we could solve patches later and same if someone has a debug part not removed.
ok?
ok~
and @linushsao is it possible to give me privs, since it would be much simpler to debug, because i need not to reboot so often anymore. We could make also a debug player called "DEBUG", to send all debug messages directly to him with minetest.chat_send_player() and give only that player the privs priv.
it's ok. i'll make a tools(maybe named "postion apple"..XD),only be used by supervisors for debugging. using it will generate a "temperarily" password to the"account for debub" and show passwd to supervisors who use it at screen,password will be reset/ban after server-reboot.

i just have to do a little tweak from BIG-APPLE.

is it ok?
5).TODO-List

juli

by juli » Post

@linushsao i think that is ok :)
@Andrey01, yes it is on but there so many little Problems to solve ...
Last edited by juli on Sat May 06, 2017 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

juli

by juli » Post

news about friendly aliens:
- they are protected now
- they have 4 states: stay, sit, lay and walk
-> u can change the states with a right click

@linushsao You've Got PM :)

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote: @linushsao You've Got PM :)
hi,tm3&juli. sorry for late to reply.
of course,pls read your PM and give me the info.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
juli wrote:@Andrey01 :P first the mars-server has to work
Really doesn`t your server work?It is connected now
hi,friend from russia. may i have the reason? because there are many great games in minetest-gamelist,maybe you could try them first?
5).TODO-List

juli

by juli » Post

linushsao wrote:
juli wrote: hi,tm3&juli. sorry for late to reply.
new channel would be #marsserver (already created by me and useable),
i can make you channel operator too, tm is operator already.

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:
linushsao wrote:
juli wrote: hi,tm3&juli. sorry for late to reply.
new channel would be #marsserver (already created by me and useable),
i can make you channel operator too, tm is operator already.
tks,juli&tm3. i'll make mars-game's irc-account"MarsServer" switch to our new channel to connect chat-info between server&irc.
5).TODO-List

tm3

by tm3 » Post

ANNOUNCEMENT:

1. There are now 2 WiFi chests, 4 independent grinders, 4 independent furnaces, 3 compressors, 3 extractors, 6 alloy furnaces in public mine recharge and repair station. In addition, there are 4 coupled/paired grinders and furnaces ( for directly converting a ore to 2 ingots with the exception of coal). All the above mentioned machines are MV machines.

2. We have made a new IRC channel which is now the official IRC channel of Mars Server. We will not be using the old channel anymore. I will not put the address here. Players can find the site and the channel in the wiki / notice board. :)
Last edited by tm3 on Thu May 11, 2017 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Post

linus i have redesigned the first page of the server topic a bit, so that
it is a bit better organized and readers don't feel flooded by informations.
And i changed also some mistakes+remove the irc-channel from it (players should find it in game to prevent trolls on channel)
here is the code, u can just copy and paste it:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/nSzZWZA.jpg[/img]
[b]photoed by juli[/b]

[b]Game Description[/b]
[spoiler]"Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun and the second-smallest planet in the Solar System, after Mercury. Named after the Roman god of war, it is often referred to as the "Red Planet"[13][14] because the iron oxide prevalent on its surface gives it a reddish appearance.[15] Mars is a terrestrial planet with a thin atmosphere, having surface features reminiscent both of the impact craters of the Moon and the valleys, deserts, and polar ice caps of Earth."--[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars]Wikipedia[/url]

Cross-interstellar enterprises  takes you to mars on  their purpose, they give you a little help but a robot in base. you can not get much help. You can choose mining ore to make money or try becoming an adventurer to transform the environment. i guess they never warn you that the weather is "a little bad".

This game  comes from the marsurvive X mod of UjEdwin.any suggestion is welcome.the detail of marsurvive mod pls read https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13913[/spoiler]

[b]Server Setup:[/b]
[spoiler][b]Server:[/b] 139.59.238.211 port 30016 

[b]Manual(in processing):[/b][url=http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl]preview[/url]

[b]Map:[/b] [url=https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1sVQsUtWsc_VUFOd3Z4dE5hbmM?usp=sharing]download[/url]

[b]Minetestserver version on Server:[/b] [url=https://github.com/linushsao/minetest_source_UsedByMarsGame]download[/url],for debug,0.4.14-dev-6621dae (Linux).

[b]Game:[/b][url=https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14869&p=220454#p220454]download[/url]

[b]supervisor(moderators):[/b] tm3 & juli

[b]Rules:[/b]
1.Pls read rules in player's hall,rules are determine by Supervisors
2.Admin's job is to determine the world's basic rules and maintain the server.
3.The world's management details (rules) are up to Supervisor ,not Admin.
4.The right to grant player moderators is up to Supervisor,not Admin.
5.for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.that's my style at all.

[b]About Players/Moderators/Supervisors[/b]
1.moderators are advenced players in mars world,their extra privs/commands all comes for Having the ability to help players solve the problem and survive in the game.ex,cmd"bring <NAME>" could bring md to player's position immediately .
2.supervisors are not only advenced players in mars world, but also the expert of technic/pipework mod.their extra privs/commands all comes for handling the affair of game,ex,Develop details of game rules,including grant normal player to be moderators if necessary.
3.players could vote to represent their options(vote mod will be added),supervisors have Discretion.[/spoiler]

[b]How to play here:[/b]
[spoiler][b]About Mars Survival you should know[/b]
Spacesuite:
all new players will get one, wear in slot 1 to use it, you will lost 8hp every 2 secund in vaccum if you not using it,
or lightly damage inside other blocks.
the suite is time limited 30-60 min (depends on lags), it using / refills from air bottles when it ends automatically, or you can craft the suit with bottles to refill.

Air generator:
click to block to make "unstabile air" after a while this will be breathable air.
Not the breathable air is very sensitive, it will disaper if only 1 vaccum come near it.
your spacesuit will load automacly in this air.
The generator can be used 5 times.

The clay is usefull to craft a lot of things, you can find it in stone (breakable by hand)
same for the oxid blocks.

[b]How to start,maybe userful:[/b]
your are the lonely pioneer on MARS, with few items to use.
new player will spawn in front of the door ,next to PLAYER's HALL.recommand players to sethome here at first time.

Water could be  the beginning for all creature,maybe it will be a great starting.

***keep one apple***,and look up the ice around mountain. it will not be a easy task.cooked by furnace(with fuel like coal_lump),you will get water.
put water near mars stone,mars stone  will turn to mossycobble.it's the beginning of plant.

mossycobble could be used to craft some thing like mars tree .
mars tree could make wood barrel,with mossycobble the unfermented compost could be made.
put unfermented compost into wood barrel,you get the dirt.

if you could successfully make dirt,you could make many kind of food.
than you could try to make garden for fun,maybe underground is the best place,
or start to think about how to user other advenced tools/material to change the mars.

in_game craft_guide could be helpful for player.

[b]Other things [/b]
-- you are on mars,it's hard to survival,for example,maybe the weather is not...so good,and may hurt you...in that situation,you should find some place to hide or back to player's hall.
-- take care of your spacesuit & other,take off spacesuit outside will make you be hurt. 
-- player'hall will offer you some items and some exchange machine for economy system.

[b]Info Related [/b]
--[url=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/VanessaE/moretrees/master/tree_biomes.txt]VanessaE's tree_biomes.txt(moretree mod)[/url][/spoiler]

[b]Gallery of Players's works:[/b]
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/IFok9Rw.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/x1mojxo.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/OylqEqm.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ghixbe6.png[/img][/spoiler]

[b]MODS:Thanks for the creators of those mods[/b]
[spoiler]animals_modpack
areas
atchat
bags
beds
bitchange
bones
bucket
caverealms
chatplus
compassgps
compost
cottages
craftguide
creative
currency
digilines
doors
dye
economy
email
farming
farming_plus
fire
flowers
gemalde
glowtest
home_gui
hud_hunger
itemframes
lantern
lightning
linus_added
mana
markers
marssurvive
mesecons
mobf_core
mobs
moreblocks
more_chests
moreores
moretrees
mymonths
pipeworks
moreores
moretrees
mymonths
pipeworks
plantlife
protector
screwdriver
sethome2
signs
signs_lib
sponge
stairs
stairsplus
technic
travelnet
ufos
unified_inventory
u_skinsdb
walking_light
wool
workbench
zcg_craftguild
zombies

[b]Licenses:[/b]
All my work is under [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTFPL]WTFPL License[/url] (<-i like this license)
The extern mods have different Licenses. details in  modfolders for .[/spoiler]

hope you will have some fun and i'm sorry about my pool english...^_^

[url=https://forum.minetest.net/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=quotepost&p=223234]pls PM me if something i should know or you got problems in **mars**,i'll receive a mail about it.[/url]

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

Last edited by linushsao on Tue May 09, 2017 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:linus i have redesigned the first page of the server topic a bit, so that
it is a bit better organized and readers don't feel flooded by informations.
And i changed also some mistakes+remove the irc-channel from it (players should find it in game to prevent trolls on channel)
here is the code, u can just copy and paste it:...
first page has been reflashed~
5).TODO-List

linushsao

[#Memo] about sandstorm also takes effect when h>1000

by linushsao » Post

As title,will fix it in these days.
5).TODO-List

juli

by juli » Post

I found an article searching a bit in minetest:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15354
So maybe you should change the License of the marsu-game?
I have seen that on github u use the GPL, but on forum you said everytime WTFPL so its pretty
unclear which is the right ;)

Also one other thing:
about clearobjects (from minetest wiki:
/clearobjects [full|quick]—Clears all objects/entities (removes all dropped items, mobs and possibly more). Note this may crash the server or slow it down to a crawl for 10 to more than 60 seconds
Maybe we should not run this command weekly, because it may remove:
1.the Ironman-trader
2.the Aliens, also the tamed ones
3.the UFO's

Don't know wheather there is an other way to clear only __builtin:item (= the items u dropped).

tm3

by tm3 » Post

juli wrote:I found an article searching a bit in minetest:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15354
So maybe you should change the License of the marsu-game?
I have seen that on github u use the GPL, but on forum you said everytime WTFPL so its pretty
unclear which is the right ;)

Also one other thing:
about clearobjects (from minetest wiki:
/clearobjects [full|quick]—Clears all objects/entities (removes all dropped items, mobs and possibly more). Note this may crash the server or slow it down to a crawl for 10 to more than 60 seconds
Maybe we should not run this command weekly, because it may remove:
1.the Ironman-trader
2.the Aliens, also the tamed ones
3.the UFO's

Don't know wheather there is an other way to clear only __builtin:item (= the items u dropped).
Yes clearobjects command seems to clear most of the thing ;P not all though. But still, It somehow improved map loading a lot since linus run it last time. Not sure about that Dropped item entity disappearing though. Juli we need to test it out in server live when no one is around which we discussed about last night in irc. :)

Regarding Licenses, i am with juli ( UP vote for juli :) Thanks for the link ). I mean WTFPL is really dumb. You are even jeopardising those nice textures created by a designer or an artist with that license :). Although, we reserve them often as CC BY-SA lol :P :). There are good licenses like GPL, MIT etc. why not use one of them. These great mods are opensource. So, why not a great opensource license. I personally go for and vote for GPL :).

I pledge to use GPL if i make a mod or fork one and contribute to it :) F**K WTFPL! :P xD

Make it GPL. Make MT great again! Make MC pay for it :P lol xD
- Yours truly TM3