[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

User avatar
linushsao
Member
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56
Location: Taipei,Taiwan(R.O.C)
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

[#Announce]about game-code & world-data of our mars-game.

by linushsao » Thu May 25, 2017 03:56

tks for more&more players help us to improve this game,i believe it's necessary that i need to say something about this game,part of this announce maybe related to the description of law,it'll be great if this article could be tweaked according to the perfessional opions of lawyer if my description is not correct or not accurate enough(luckly we have player who is great lawyer...XD ), and i know my english is terrible.

1.i promise i'll do my best to keep this game running.
2.if something happen in furture that i could not keep this game running(but i think it'll not be happen),all world-data including backups/logs will totally&free be transfered to someone who could keep this game running and open it to the people all over the world. someone who recive our world-data must do the same promose as me.


ps. about license of game-code could be reviewed in github or first post.
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Thu May 25, 2017 05:43

Mahal wrote:tm3, thank you for adding the scifi_nodes to the moreblocks saw!!!
I really like see your code for that, since you said
i have found another way quite easy to do this thing
:)


Sadly I also have to ask for some mod improvement:

The UFO always vanishes , when a player tries to pick it up, while his inventory is full! This is a very unusual behaviour and annoying, since an ufo needs 1 mese block to build. I hope it can be changed to default behaviour - ufo is droped as item , when inventory is full - as it happens with carts, boats, other nodes! Maybe code like in "boats" https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/blob/master/mods/boats/init.lua - around line 116 can be used..

Code: Select all
-- if no room in inventory add a replacement boat to the world
      if not leftover:is_empty() then
      minetest.add_item(self.object:getpos(), leftover)
end


And the ufo mod could also need code which allows "placing front-side in view direction" .. because changing the driving direction is very slow (like boats). Maybe code from boats at line 247 is usable?
Code: Select all
boat:setyaw(placer:get_look_horizontal())


welcome Aule ;).
Oh, the code is in github :) Just take a look at the recent change to the game :)
In case, you don't have the url, here it is. https://github.com/linushsao/marsu_game-linus-v0.2
Plus, i just repeatedly copy the same code structure. Copying and pasting in Vim editor is lot easy :P ;).

I could have put the code in for loop, but some nodes needed light and some needed different sound etc. So, i didn't complicate it. Plus, i had to check textures, graphics and look of most nodes individually by letting them go under saw at least once.

Regarding problem in ufo contact juli, he has maintained and changed a lot of code in it and i think you were associated with that work too with juli.
Hmm... ok.
i think it can be done ufo shouldn't vanish when inventory is full and yes it's little bit slow in changing direction. we will see what we can do about it :) Thanks for the link of boat. Don't know though, it can be associated with the code of ufo or not. we will check it out :)
Last edited by tm3 on Thu May 25, 2017 06:00, edited 2 times in total.
- Yours truly TM3
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [#Announce]about game-code & world-data of our mars-game

by tm3 » Thu May 25, 2017 05:48

linushsao wrote:tks for more&more players help us to improve this game,i believe it's necessary that i need to say something about this game,part of this announce maybe related to the description of law,it'll be great if this article could be tweaked according to the perfessional opions of lawyer if my description is not correct or not accurate enough(luckly we have player who is great lawyer...XD ), and i know my english is terrible.

1.i promise i'll do my best to keep this game running.
2.if something happen in furture that i could not keep this game running(but i think it'll not be happen),all world-data including backups/logs will totally&free be transfered to someone who could keep this game running and open it to the people all over the world. someone who recive our world-data must do the same promose as me.


ps. about license of game-code could be reviewed in github or first post.


LOL, you are quite ok in formulating the 2 points i guess in spite of bad english ;P xD.

Thanks for maintaining the game and keep it running.

Don't worry nothing will happen to you xD ;). Take care. :) Still, in case of any problem, i and lot of other players are there who will come forward to take care of the game and keep it in running. :)
- Yours truly TM3
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Sat May 27, 2017 06:02

Hey Linus,

Mars Server is down somehow without any change in its code lol. May be someone pushed the server shutdown button xD or may be maintenance work by the server host. Let's see if it comes up automatic. But, better check it out on server side :)
- Yours truly TM3
 

User avatar
linushsao
Member
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56
Location: Taipei,Taiwan(R.O.C)
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by linushsao » Sat May 27, 2017 09:07

tm3 wrote:Hey Linus,

Mars Server is down somehow without any change in its code lol. May be someone pushed the server shutdown button xD or may be maintenance work by the server host. Let's see if it comes up automatic. But, better check it out on server side :)


sorry for late to reply. i found the error is because of HD has no space left,so it make mymonths_data in world's folder error,already correct it.
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List
 

User avatar
linushsao
Member
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56
Location: Taipei,Taiwan(R.O.C)
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by linushsao » Sun May 28, 2017 11:06

1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:51

linushsao wrote:Ready to see this movie
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spa ... n_Us_(film)


Hmm... good. SciFi romance between a mars born boy with identity crisis and a earth born girl ha! :P :)
There is another movie you will like if you are ok for comedy with a little bit blood and gore kind of. You can call it SciFi comedy :)
Here it is "Mars Attacks". Pierce Brosnan is there as a scientist. can you imagine that ! xD Really funny :P.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Attacks!
- Yours truly TM3
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Wed May 31, 2017 13:01

Ok i don't have time to look into this movies,
because i prefer to program a bit more:

I got to new things working, which will be included in the update/upgrade:
- air generation by trees
- Including mobs_redo in mars:
· they can only survive in a region with mars-air
· some mobs aviable then: cow, sheep, chicken, bee, warthdog, kitten, bunny, penguin (Yeah linux!).

-> i think its time for release 0.0.1 of the modpack :) some beta version for tests :)

Now i try to find a way doing the following things:
- add some scifi rails
- add a remote traiding-system (using something like drones or so as "deco" which fly away if u sell/come down to u if u buy)

Later:
- improving aliens to let them do more things
- add stronger aliens (for Daneel ;) )
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 03:46

juli wrote:Ok i don't have time to look into this movies,
because i prefer to program a bit more:

I got to new things working, which will be included in the update/upgrade:
- air generation by trees
- Including mobs_redo in mars:
· they can only survive in a region with mars-air
· some mobs aviable then: cow, sheep, chicken, bee, warthdog, kitten, bunny, penguin (Yeah linux!).

-> i think its time for release 0.0.1 of the modpack :) some beta version for tests :)

Now i try to find a way doing the following things:
- add some scifi rails
- add a remote traiding-system (using something like drones or so as "deco" which fly away if u sell/come down to u if u buy)

Later:
- improving aliens to let them do more things
- add stronger aliens (for Daneel ;) )


Thanks a lot juli for some great improvement. Sorry, that i am not able to join neither irc or game these days. I have been shifting to another city. So, meet you at irc after 3 june. :)

wow, nice drone traders. like the idea. quite scifi :)

Lol, stronger alien lol. Daneel !! i will create a xenomorph with 1000 health for you lol. :P Don't worry, it is coming to get you :P xD
- Yours truly TM3
 

User avatar
linushsao
Member
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56
Location: Taipei,Taiwan(R.O.C)
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by linushsao » Thu Jun 01, 2017 04:45

tm3 wrote:
juli wrote:Ok i don't have time to look into this movies,
because i prefer to program a bit more:

I got to new things working, which will be included in the update/upgrade:
- air generation by trees
- Including mobs_redo in mars:
· they can only survive in a region with mars-air
· some mobs aviable then: cow, sheep, chicken, bee, warthdog, kitten, bunny, penguin (Yeah linux!).

-> i think its time for release 0.0.1 of the modpack :) some beta version for tests :)

Now i try to find a way doing the following things:
- add some scifi rails
- add a remote traiding-system (using something like drones or so as "deco" which fly away if u sell/come down to u if u buy)

Later:
- improving aliens to let them do more things
- add stronger aliens (for Daneel ;) )


Thanks a lot juli for some great improvement. Sorry, that i am not able to join neither irc or game these days. I have been shifting to another city. So, meet you at irc after 3 june. :)

wow, nice drone traders. like the idea. quite scifi :)

Lol, stronger alien lol. Daneel !! i will create a xenomorph with 1000 health for you lol. :P Don't worry, it is coming to get you :P xD


tks for juli's great work. about the stronger alien,dont forget we already have [Mod] Pollution & Toxic stuff 15 [pollution],i almost disable lots of function of this mod .(viewtopic.php?t=13506),maybe we could test it. this mod could make material like dirt turn into monster. think about that if some kind of alien is killed,virus spread and make dirt around aline's bone all turn to monster.

just a suggestion,it's up to our J&T (juli&tm3).
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli
 

Mahal
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 13:39
Location: Germany
In-game: Aule

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Mahal » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:13

Feature request:

How about adding a nice mod for stairs & bridges / platforms in technic style:
https://github.com/narrnika/factory_bridges

Image

You might want to reduce the output of the basic materials to craft all other FB.nodes because its default value is very high :)

But please add the following recipes to crafts.lua, to allow transforming certain nodes into their "Mirror version". These are nodes like "handrails" and "stairs with one handrail", which exists as a "right" and a "left" side version. This "recycle" recipes will make building much easier :)

Code: Select all
local factory_bridges_recycle = function(a, b)
minetest.register_craft({
   output = "factory_bridges:"..a,   
   recipe = {
      { b }
   }
})
end

factory_bridges_recycle("a06", "factory_bridges:a07")
factory_bridges_recycle("a07", "factory_bridges:a06")
factory_bridges_recycle("a13", "factory_bridges:a14")
factory_bridges_recycle("a14", "factory_bridges:a13")
factory_bridges_recycle("b06", "factory_bridges:b07")
factory_bridges_recycle("b07", "factory_bridges:b06")
factory_bridges_recycle("c01", "factory_bridges:c02")
factory_bridges_recycle("c02", "factory_bridges:c01")
factory_bridges_recycle("s03", "factory_bridges:s04")
factory_bridges_recycle("s04", "factory_bridges:s03")
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:56

for me it doesn't matter weather we should use this mod :)
I have no problem if we use it and also not if not ...

But i have added today the my_future_doors mod was mentioned before in this topic here,
because some People said that it is a good mod.

Now i had the idea to test weather the mars-modpackwould work on server. Is that possible?
We should upgrade then to Minetest 4.15.
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:34

i go to replace the chat_c mod for colored messages with the chatcolors mod, because chat_c is buggy,
chatcolors need u to set the color if u need it like on a sign.
https://github.com/cheapie/chatcolors/blob/master/init.lua

If u need general colored chat for some reason u can use this clientmod:
https://github.com/cheapie/chat6/blob/master/init.lua

BTW: 0.4.16 released! I go to install it and try to use marspack+marsu-game+0.4.16 together, if i can do this success fully i wanna
go to install the marspack and ask linus then to install 0.4.16!

EDIT: i have done the changes mars_pack and linus marssurvive game work now together!
So linus please install minetest 0.4.16!


Where are u tm3 and linus?
 

User avatar
linushsao
Member
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56
Location: Taipei,Taiwan(R.O.C)
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by linushsao » Wed Jun 07, 2017 04:05

juli wrote:...
EDIT: i have done the changes mars_pack and linus marssurvive game work now together!
So linus please install minetest 0.4.16![/b]
Where are u tm3 and linus?


it's ok to upgrade to 0.4.16. but we have to notice that it may cause unexpected error as i upgraded from 0.4.14 to 0.4.15 before.
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Wed Jun 07, 2017 05:42

yes but i think if there happen unexpected Problems i can go to fix them,
and also i have tested it offline already and found no errors.

I think it would not be a big problem if u could upgrade it today night or so,
but if u do it friday i can't look on it because i'am last weeks everytime from friday to sunday not at home...
 

User avatar
linushsao
Member
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56
Location: Taipei,Taiwan(R.O.C)
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

[#Announce] gameserver upgrade to 0.4.16

by linushsao » Wed Jun 07, 2017 06:53

Code: Select all
linus@debian-xx:~/Downloads/src/minetest_latest/bin$ ./minetestserver --version

Minetest 0.4.16-dev-6c55874 (Linux)
Build info: VER=0.4.16-dev-6c55874 BUILD_TYPE=Release RUN_IN_PLACE=0 USE_GETTEXT=1 USE_SOUND=1 USE_CURL=1 USE_FREETYPE=1 USE_LUAJIT=1 STATIC_SHAREDIR="/usr/local/share/minetest"
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Wed Jun 07, 2017 07:29

sorry linus but i realy need the give priv, maybe only for a moment, because i have to test some blocks wheather they work well, which are not craftable, to replace the airgenerator in spawn, also to add the new trader.
Can u give it to me please if it is possible or can i add it in the github repo?
 

User avatar
linushsao
Member
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56
Location: Taipei,Taiwan(R.O.C)
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by linushsao » Wed Jun 07, 2017 09:00

juli wrote:sorry linus but i realy need the give priv, maybe only for a moment, because i have to test some blocks wheather they work well, which are not craftable, to replace the airgenerator in spawn, also to add the new trader.
Can u give it to me please if it is possible or can i add it in the github repo?


it's ok. you just add it in github repo temporarily and recover it when you finish testing.
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:15

-- NEW MARS-MODPACK MERGED --
Since today we have minetest 0.4.16 on the server and the new mars_pack [modpack],
your old nodes where replaced with new,
arigeneration is now by flowers and trees (except at spawn with "admin_airgen")
if u expect "unknow blocks" or items please report it to me,
Animals are now added to, u can buy them at spawn from our friendly trader.

There are still some nodes remaining which are not replaced, the replacement is wip

happy mining ;)
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Michael Eh? » Wed Jun 14, 2017 00:21

I'm really disappointed with the new changes... killing existing air generators and air spaces is unforgivable. Juli you owe me 3 air generators. Sigh.

Wee we got bunnies but no air, no game. Ciao!
 

juli
Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:31
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Wed Jun 14, 2017 07:51

Sorry but the air-generators are replaced, not removed. U can get still air to fill ur airchambers as normal ...
I don't get the Point of your Problem. All the other players i asked, like the new changes ...
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 08:41

Michael Eh? wrote:I'm really disappointed with the new changes... killing existing air generators and air spaces is unforgivable. Juli you owe me 3 air generators. Sigh.

Wee we got bunnies but no air, no game. Ciao!


Sorry, Michael but change is inevitable. :P :)
But, really you should be happy, because air production thing is lot easier and abundant now. You just need plants (i guess weed at this moment) , pots and air gene. You can see one at spawn.

Regarding killing air generator, nobody is doing that. juli just modified air generator. It's not gone.

Regarding killing air spaces, yes that's my idea not juli's. Air leaks (like change it's inevitable). No one can hold air forever. It's leaky. So, you need air production. Also, now it's like farming and surviving. i mean what's the fun if you have air for infinite time. Plus, it compliments the air production now :)
- Yours truly TM3
 

Mahal
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 13:39
Location: Germany
In-game: Aule

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by Mahal » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:39

Hello folks,

Please add the greatest manual building help ever: the improved "REPLACER" mod made by behalebabo :

https://github.com/shacknetisp/replacer

"This tool is helpful for creative purposes (..). It replaces nodes with a previously selected other type of node (i.e. places.. windows into a brick wall)." But mostly it helps placing oriented nodes, like those from moreblocks saw, without using a screwdriver till u get crazy :)

It's mostly Sokomines replacer mod, but also allows (re)placing protector nodes , without any bugs as the original mod.
And also the replacer tool is a technic tool (with technic recipe), which has to be charged in a technic battery box. This should be realistic enough to allow it as tool on server since this compensates the fact , that it can be used to dig nodes like a "technic:mk1_drill"! But who would do this anyway, while there are far more efficient ways to digg stuff :)

Thanks very much in advance.
 

User avatar
tm3
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:56
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by tm3 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 08:46

ANNOUNCEMENT:

A new mod has been added for creative people to build stuff quickly. It's name is Replacer mod.

Now, this mod has a replacer machine which you can use and it's rechargeable in battery boxes.

To, know more about replacer mod check the below links.

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4676


Those who are interested in the modified replacer added in our server can check the code here :)
https://github.com/shacknetisp/replacer

A big thanks to our player Aule for his effort to gather this mod from Behas. :)
- Yours truly TM3
 

PreviousNext

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SirCJ and 6 guests