linushsao
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by linushsao » Post

photoed by juli

Game Description
Spoiler
"Mars is the fourth planet from the Sun and the second-smallest planet in the Solar System, after Mercury. Named after the Roman god of war, it is often referred to as the "Red Planet"[13][14] because the iron oxide prevalent on its surface gives it a reddish appearance.[15] Mars is a terrestrial planet with a thin atmosphere, having surface features reminiscent both of the impact craters of the Moon and the valleys, deserts, and polar ice caps of Earth."--Wikipedia

Cross-interstellar enterprises takes you to mars on their purpose, they give you a little help but a robot in base. you can not get much help. You can choose mining ore to make money or try becoming an adventurer to transform the environment. i guess they never warn you that the weather is "a little bad".

This game comes from the marsurvive X mod of UjEdwin.any suggestion is welcome.the detail of marsurvive mod pls read viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13913
Map Download:(-10000,-10000) to (10000,10000)
Spoiler
Server Setup:
Spoiler
Server: 124.11.64.47 port 30016

IRC: Freenode #marsserver

Manual(in processing):preview

Minetestserver version on Server: download,for debug,0.4.14-dev-6621dae (Linux).

Game:download

supervisor(moderators): tm3 & juli

Rules:
1.Pls read rules in player's hall,rules are determine by Supervisors
2.Admin's job is to determine the world's basic rules and maintain the server.
3.The world's management details (rules) are up to Supervisor ,not Admin.
4.The right to grant player moderators is up to Supervisor,not Admin.
5.for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.that's my style at all.

About Players/Moderators/Supervisors
1.moderators are advenced players in mars world,their extra privs/commands all comes for Having the ability to help players solve the problem and survive in the game.ex,cmd"bring <NAME>" could bring md to player's position immediately .
2.supervisors are not only advenced players in mars world, but also the expert of technic/pipework mod.their extra privs/commands all comes for handling the affair of game,ex,Develop details of game rules,including grant normal player to be moderators if necessary.
3.players could vote to represent their options(vote mod will be added),supervisors have Discretion.
How to play here:
Spoiler
About Mars Survival you should know
Spacesuite:
all new players will get one, wear in slot 1 to use it, you will lost 8hp every 2 secund in vaccum if you not using it,
or lightly damage inside other blocks.
the suite is time limited 30-60 min (depends on lags), it using / refills from air bottles when it ends automatically, or you can craft the suit with bottles to refill.

Air generator:
click to block to make "unstabile air" after a while this will be breathable air.
Not the breathable air is very sensitive, it will disaper if only 1 vaccum come near it.
your spacesuit will load automacly in this air.
The generator can be used 5 times.

The clay is usefull to craft a lot of things, you can find it in stone (breakable by hand)
same for the oxid blocks.

How to start,maybe userful:
your are the lonely pioneer on MARS, with few items to use.
new player will spawn in front of the door ,next to PLAYER's HALL.recommand players to sethome here at first time.

Water could be the beginning for all creature,maybe it will be a great starting.

***keep one apple***,and look up the ice around mountain. it will not be a easy task.cooked by furnace(with fuel like coal_lump),you will get water.
put water near mars stone,mars stone will turn to mossycobble.it's the beginning of plant.

mossycobble could be used to craft some thing like mars tree .
mars tree could make wood barrel,with mossycobble the unfermented compost could be made.
put unfermented compost into wood barrel,you get the dirt.

if you could successfully make dirt,you could make many kind of food.
than you could try to make garden for fun,maybe underground is the best place,
or start to think about how to user other advenced tools/material to change the mars.

in_game craft_guide could be helpful for player.

Other things
-- you are on mars,it's hard to survival,for example,maybe the weather is not...so good,and may hurt you...in that situation,you should find some place to hide or back to player's hall.
-- take care of your spacesuit & other,take off spacesuit outside will make you be hurt.
-- player'hall will offer you some items and some exchange machine for economy system.

Info Related
--VanessaE's tree_biomes.txt(moretree mod)
Gallery of Players's works:
Spoiler
MODS:Thanks for the creators of those mods
Spoiler
animals_modpack
areas
atchat
bags
beds
bitchange
bones
bucket
caverealms
chatplus
compassgps
compost
cottages
craftguide
creative
currency
digilines
doors
dye
economy
email
farming
farming_plus
fire
flowers
gemalde
glowtest
home_gui
hud_hunger
itemframes
lantern
lightning
linus_added
mana
markers
marssurvive
mesecons
mobf_core
mobs
moreblocks
more_chests
moreores
moretrees
mymonths
pipeworks
moreores
moretrees
mymonths
pipeworks
plantlife
protector
screwdriver
sethome2
signs
signs_lib
sponge
stairs
stairsplus
technic
travelnet
ufos
unified_inventory
u_skinsdb
walking_light
wool
workbench
zcg_craftguild
zombies
Licenses:
Spoiler
All my work is under GPL License (<-i like this license)
The extern mods have different Licenses. details in modfolders for .
hope you will have some fun and i'm sorry about my pool english...^_^

pls PM me if something i should know or you got problems in **mars**,i'll receive a mail about it.
Last edited by linushsao on Sat Jun 01, 2019 02:48, edited 65 times in total.

linushsao

Re: Minetest_MarSurvival

by linushsao » Post

tonight(in my timezone) digitalocean are currently seeing some network related issues on the physical hardware my server is on. so this MarSurvive server could not be connected for few hours.

bpatlarge
In-game: bpatlarge

by bpatlarge » Post

Hi. Your server looks great but I can't interact... Could you give me interact priv please?
player bpatlarge

juli
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

by juli » Post

@bpartlarge u have now interact.

@admin please configure the areas mod. U can't give all players the areas priv. Pleas remove it from th players, else they
can remove also other players areas.

Here is a configuration so that also other players can make large areas, without areas privilege:
/mods/AREAS-MOD-PATH/settings.lua:

Code: Select all

local world_path = minetest.get_worldpath()

areas.config = {}

local function setting(tp, name, default)
	local full_name = "areas."..name
	local value
	if tp == "boolean" then
		value = minetest.setting_getbool(full_name)
	elseif tp == "string" then
		value = minetest.setting_get(full_name)
	elseif tp == "position" then
		value = minetest.setting_get_pos(full_name)
	elseif tp == "number" then
		value = tonumber(minetest.setting_get(full_name))
	else
		error("Invalid setting type!")
	end
	if value == nil then
		value = default
	end
	areas.config[name] = value
end

--------------
-- Settings --
--------------

setting("string", "filename", world_path.."/areas.dat")

-- Allow players with a privilege create their own areas
-- within the maximum size and number.
setting("boolean",  "self_protection", true)
setting("string",   "self_protection_privilege", "interact")
setting("position", "self_protection_max_size",      {x=1000,  y=1000, z=1000})
setting("number",   "self_protection_max_areas",      30)
-- For players with the areas_high_limit privilege.
setting("position", "self_protection_max_size_high", {x=10000, y=10000, z=10000})
setting("number",   "self_protection_max_areas_high", 50)

-- legacy_table (owner_defs) compatibility.  Untested and has known issues.
setting("boolean", "legacy_table", false)
I have now choosen high values, so that the players can protect 1000x1000x1000 areas.
But they can't remove other peoples areas.
the line: setting("boolean", "self_protection", true)
is most important.

juli

by juli » Post

now i can't connect anymore to the server: connection timed out.
i can connect to other servers.

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

@bpatlarge Tks,sorry for later to reply(&my bad english).you must have interact right now?
@juli Tks for your feedback.

sorry for absence those day,because i caught a cold...~~>o<~~

i'm try to make this server better,but I have to admit that I specialize in server maintenance rather than Lua.

tks for many players giving me feedback, especially juli & tm3(I asked them to be moderators,and ...where are you,yang2003?).juli makes great buildings(including a ore-info center),tm3 is my consultant of technic mod(i still dont know how it work that auto-repair tools in player's hall )
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

CuriousNoob

re : marsu_game

by CuriousNoob » Post

Hello LinusHsao :)

This is feedback with a Bug-Report.

Thanks for your attention to this project. It is an interesting and challenging variation on the usual Minetest worlds.

I downloaded your subgame from GitHub again, current latest version as at 2016-11-27 21:00 GMT.

I have used it directly in ''singleplayer'' mode and also in server-mode on localhost:30000 (on Linux Mint 18).

Five issues to report so far :

1)

It gives errors and refuses to start until ''irc'' and ''irc_commands'' directories have been deleted from the mods directory.

2)

On every login there is a large translucent grey message window which says : ''Article does not exist''

3)

The Crafting-Guide says a wooden ''Stick'' is crafted from a ''Clayblock'' but there seems to be no way to craft the ''Clayblock.''

This makes it impossible to craft any proper Pick-Axes, and therefore we cannot craft even a Stone Pick-Axe to dig metal ores. Game over before it's begun.

I even grepped the whole directory but found no mention of a recipe for it.

grep --colour -B2 -A9 -n -r -iE '((register|recipe|output).*(Clay|Stick))'  ~/.minetest/games/marsu_game 

4)

This searching of the mod led me to discover that you've hard-coded player-names (juli, tm3) into the sub-game's download, which seems at the very least irrelevant and inappropriate, but at worst a potential security risk.

5)

But far and away the most buggy issue is the fact that after closing down, it cannot be launched a second time. The created world in the ~/.minetest/worlds directory has to be deleted, it cannot be re-launched.

Something about ''updateMap'' function failure. The end of the log shows the exact error message :

2016-11-27 21:25:25: INFO[Main]: ObjDefManager: added ore: name="" index=21 uid=87
2016-11-27 21:25:25: INFO[Main]:   [more_chests ] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/more_chests/init.lua"]
2016-11-27 21:25:25: INFO[Main]:   [mobs        ] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/mobs/init.lua"]
[MOD] Mobs Redo loaded
2016-11-27 21:25:25: INFO[Main]:   [mapit       ] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/mapit/init.lua"]
2016-11-27 21:25:25: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/mapit/init.lua:
2016-11-27 21:25:25: ERROR[Main]: ...username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/mapit/init.lua:105: attempt to call field 'execute' (a nil value)
2016-11-27 21:25:25: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-11-27 21:25:25: ERROR[Main]:       ...username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/mapit/init.lua:105: in function 'updateMap'
2016-11-27 21:25:25: ERROR[Main]:       ...username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/mapit/init.lua:118: in main chunk
I hope this feedback helps.

Thanks and Best Wishes

CN

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

hi,CuriousNoob. tks for your feedback.
1)It gives errors and refuses to start until ''irc'' and ''irc_commands'' directories have been deleted from the mods directory.
Sorry,it's because ''irc'' and ''irc_commands'' will find there configure file,so when delete those two directories,game will work. i'll fixed this for downloader by keep no ''irc'' and ''irc_commands'' from game reposi,they will be added when game running only in my server.

In the early stages of creating this game,we have no irc.but player yang2003 suggest me to use irc for this game.i think it's a very good idea now,for a server.
2)On every login there is a large translucent grey message window which says : ''Article does not exist''
i dont get it. in my latop&server get no msg like that.could you offer me the whole msg?
3)The Crafting-Guide says a wooden ''Stick'' is crafted from a ''Clayblock'' but there seems to be no way to craft the ''Clayblock.''
yes,it's a bug. and i fixed&update to git.i think the reason player never give me feedback about that must because wooden-stick could be craft from mars-wood.
4)This searching of the mod led me to discover that you've hard-coded player-names (juli, tm3) into the sub-game's download, which seems at the very least irrelevant and inappropriate, but at worst a potential security risk.
ha,juli&tm3 are moderators of this server, but you are right,i have to do a smart code to make it just like"if (md-config exist) then do others",not write into codes. there are many great games in game-forum,i think maybe nobody will try to download this game.

i wonder if juli&tm3 wanna be md to other mars-server(ha..),but they know this game's detail more then me,it's true.
5)But far and away the most buggy issue is the fact that after closing down, it cannot be launched a second time. The created world in the ~/.minetest/worlds directory has to be deleted, it cannot be re-launched.
i dont get it,it never happen in my server/latop,any msg?

mapit mod could be removed,it always terminate from generate map,i try& try but stil dont know how to make it work correctly with marssurvive mod.

but in my server it'll not make game shutdown.maybe it's because that my "minetestserver" is compiled by myself with latest version? my complie option is(i use debian testing for server,test on archlinux for latop) :

cmake . -DRUN_IN_PLACE=0 -DBUILD_SERVER=1 -DBUILD_CLIENT=1 -DENABLE_LUAJIT=1 -DENABLE_GETTEXT=1 -DENABLE_FREETYPE=1 -DENABLE_LEVELDB=1

(ps. -DBUILD_CLIENT=1 is not necessary for server side)

tks for your feedback,CuriousNoob. have you login to my game server?it works the same code as in github.

Thanks and Best Wishes

linushsao
5).TODO-List

juli

by juli » Post

Can u add this jail:

minetest.register_on_punchnode(function(pos, node, puncher, pointed_thing)
    if minetest.is_protected(pos, puncher) then
            print("jail...")
	    puncher:setpos({x=-408, y=-4180, z=-97})
    end
end)
because of some griefers on space station.
It would make them don't grief anymore ...
i and tm3 build a jail at (-408, -4180, -97)

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:Can u add this jail:

minetest.register_on_punchnode(function(pos, node, puncher, pointed_thing)
    if minetest.is_protected(pos, puncher) then
            print("jail...")
	    puncher:setpos({x=-408, y=-4180, z=-97})
    end
end)
because of some griefers on space station.
It would make them don't grief anymore ...
i and tm3 build a jail at (-408, -4180, -97)
Hi,juli.
Thanks for your suggestion ,I will merge your Code to repository.
5).TODO-List

CuriousNoob

by CuriousNoob » Post

Hi again. Thanks for the reply.

Fortunately the initial message-window can just be dismissed, it does not prevent game-play.

It looks like this :

Further grepping suggests it comes from the ''news'' mod.

/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/news/init.lua:22:              formspec = formspec.."label[.25,.25;Article does not exist]" 

Maybe your own longstanding server has some news but my newly-created game has no news to offer ... just an idea?

I tried closing the Minetest instance then deleting the /home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/mapit mod ... and... drumroll... it re-launched the game :)

( But I do not yet know if there are any other side-effects from deleting this mapit mod. )

. . .

EDIT : I don't know whether it's related or not, but the server is now crashing after login, triggered somehow by an alien. The end of the first and second crash logs are below :

2016-11-28 13:17:03: ACTION[Server]: JJ [127.0.0.1] joins game. 
2016-11-28 13:17:03: ACTION[Server]: JJ joins game. List of players: JJ
2016-11-28 13:17:03: INFO[Server]: Players:
2016-11-28 13:17:03: INFO[Server]: * JJ        RemoteClient 5: m_blocks_sent.size()=0, m_blocks_sending.size()=0, m_nearest_unsent_d=0, m_excess_gotblocks=0
2016-11-28 13:17:03: INFO[Server]: Server clearing detached inventory "JJ_bags"
2016-11-28 13:17:06: INFO[Server]: ServerMap: Written: 0 sector metadata files, 2 block files, 50 blocks in memory.
2016-11-28 13:17:06: INFO[Server]: ServerMap: Blocks modified by: 
2016-11-28 13:17:06: INFO[Server]:   addActiveObjectRaw: - - - - - - - - - - - 2
2016-11-28 13:17:08: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:17:08: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:17:08: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:17:08: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:17:08: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>
2016-11-28 13:17:08: ACTION[Server]: Showing formspec to JJ
2016-11-28 13:17:10: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:17:10: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:17:10: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:17:10: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:17:10: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>

minetest: /build/minetest-kepu2e/minetest-201611250802/src/util/serialize.h:278: void writeF1000(irr::u8*, irr::f32): Assertion `i >= F1000_MIN && i <= F1000_MAX' failed.

Aborted (core dumped)
and

2016-11-28 13:42:28: INFO[Main]: Starting server on 0.0.0.0...
2016-11-28 13:42:28: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "unified_inventory" accessed at ..._game/mods/technic/technic/machines/register/recipes.lua:54
2016-11-28 13:42:28: ACTION[Main]:         .__               __                   __   
2016-11-28 13:42:28: ACTION[Main]:   _____ |__| ____   _____/  |_  ____   _______/  |_ 
2016-11-28 13:42:28: ACTION[Main]:  /     \|  |/    \_/ __ \   __\/ __ \ /  ___/\   __\
2016-11-28 13:42:28: ACTION[Main]: |  Y Y  \  |   |  \  ___/|  | \  ___/ \___ \  |  |  
2016-11-28 13:42:28: ACTION[Main]: |__|_|  /__|___|  /\___  >__|  \___  >____  > |__|  
2016-11-28 13:42:28: ACTION[Main]:       \/        \/     \/          \/     \/        
2016-11-28 13:42:28: ACTION[Main]: World at [/home/username/.minetest/worlds/20161127_Mars_Survival_test_03]
2016-11-28 13:42:28: ACTION[Main]: Server for gameid="marsu" listening on 0.0.0.0:30000.
2016-11-28 13:42:54: INFO[Server]: Server: New connection: "JJ" from 127.0.0.1 (peer_id=2)
2016-11-28 13:42:54: INFO[Server]: Server: TOSERVER_SRP_BYTES_A received with based_on=1 and len_A=256.
2016-11-28 13:42:54: INFO[Server]: Server: Sending content to [id=2]
2016-11-28 13:42:57: ACTION[Server]: JJ [127.0.0.1] joins game. 
2016-11-28 13:42:57: ACTION[Server]: JJ joins game. List of players: JJ
2016-11-28 13:42:57: INFO[Server]: Players:
2016-11-28 13:42:57: INFO[Server]: * JJ        RemoteClient 2: m_blocks_sent.size()=0, m_blocks_sending.size()=0, m_nearest_unsent_d=0, m_excess_gotblocks=0
2016-11-28 13:42:57: WARNING[Server]: Assignment to undeclared global "name" inside a function at ...ame/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/skins/skins/init.lua:30.
2016-11-28 13:42:57: INFO[Server]: Server creating detached inventory "JJ_bags"
2016-11-28 13:42:58: INFO[Server]: LuaEntitySAO::create(name="marssurvive:sp1" state="")
2016-11-28 13:42:58: WARNING[Server]: core.env:[...] is deprecated and should be replaced with core.[...]
2016-11-28 13:42:58: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:42:58: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:42:58: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/deprecated.lua:34: in function '__index'
2016-11-28 13:42:58: INFO[Server]:      ...minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/functions.lua:151: in function <...minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/functions.lua:106>
2016-11-28 13:42:58: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
2016-11-28 13:42:58: INFO[Server]: Players:
2016-11-28 13:42:58: INFO[Server]: * JJ        RemoteClient 2: m_blocks_sent.size()=0, m_blocks_sending.size()=1, m_nearest_unsent_d=0, m_excess_gotblocks=0
2016-11-28 13:43:00: INFO[Server]: LuaEntitySAO::create(name="marssurvive:alien_glitch" state="")
2016-11-28 13:43:00: INFO[Server]: ServerMap: Written: 0 sector metadata files, 2 block files, 50 blocks in memory.
2016-11-28 13:43:00: INFO[Server]: ServerMap: Blocks modified by: 
2016-11-28 13:43:00: INFO[Server]:   addActiveObjectRaw: - - - - - - - - - - - 1
2016-11-28 13:43:00: INFO[Server]:   addActiveObjectRaw, removeRemovedObjects/remove: 1
2016-11-28 13:43:01: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:43:01: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:43:01: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:43:01: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:43:01: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>
2016-11-28 13:43:01: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:43:01: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:43:01: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:43:01: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:43:01: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>
2016-11-28 13:43:02: ACTION[Server]: Showing formspec to JJ
2016-11-28 13:43:03: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:43:03: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:43:03: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:43:03: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:43:03: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>
2016-11-28 13:43:03: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:43:03: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:43:03: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:43:03: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:43:03: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>
2016-11-28 13:43:04: WARNING[Server]: Assignment to undeclared global "pn" inside a function at ...netest/games/marsu_game/mods/zcg_craftguild/zcg/init.lua:174.
2016-11-28 13:43:05: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:43:05: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:43:05: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:43:05: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:43:05: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>
2016-11-28 13:43:05: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:43:05: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:43:05: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:43:05: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:43:05: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>
2016-11-28 13:43:07: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:43:07: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:43:07: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:43:07: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:43:07: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>
2016-11-28 13:43:07: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:43:07: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:43:07: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:43:07: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:43:07: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>
2016-11-28 13:43:09: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:43:09: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:43:09: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:43:09: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:43:09: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>
2016-11-28 13:43:09: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
2016-11-28 13:43:09: INFO[Server]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 13:43:09: INFO[Server]:      [C]: in function 'log'
2016-11-28 13:43:09: INFO[Server]:      /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/misc.lua:157: in function 'get_node_group'
2016-11-28 13:43:09: INFO[Server]:      ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:316: in function <...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/marssurvive/aliens.lua:126>

minetest: /build/minetest-kepu2e/minetest-201611250802/src/util/serialize.h:278: void writeF1000(irr::u8*, irr::f32): Assertion `i >= F1000_MIN && i <= F1000_MAX' failed.

Aborted (core dumped)
The logs above do show a number of WARNING[Server]: but I have no idea whether that is related to the final crashing Aborted (core dumped)

I do not know where that ''dumped core'' would be, and unfortunately I do not know how to to even start investigating. But as much as I'm able I'm willing to follow instructions to help fix these issues.

/end of EDIT

. . .

I'll try to help with anything else which is odd whenever I encounter or notice it.

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

Cheers :)

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

hi,CuriousNoob. tks for your feedback.
Fortunately the initial message-window can just be dismissed, it does not prevent game-play.
It looks like this :
Maybe your own longstanding server has some news but my newly-created game has no news to offer ... just an idea?
yes,it is. it's mod about announce.but i think about that maybe i have to redesign the structure of reposi,and add new folder named "server_side",all server-related mods in it,not in "mods" folder.so when somebody download and try to run it,it will be fine.and when somebody try to make game server,they could copy all data in "server_side" folder into "mods" folder.

i have update it to github.(include jail's code from juli)

and other about crash in your machine,i still dont get it.it seems because of alien's code,maybe the difference between us is our minetestserver version ?
linus@debian-1gb-sgp1-01:~/Downloads/src/minetest_latest/bin$ ./minetestserver --version
Minetest 0.4.14-dev-c0e56c6 (Linux)
Build info: VER=0.4.14-dev-c0e56c6 BUILD_TYPE=Release RUN_IN_PLACE=0 USE_GETTEXT=1 USE_SOUND=1 USE_CURL=1 USE_FREETYPE=1 USE_LUAJIT=1 STATIC_SHAREDIR="/usr/local/share/minetest"
but i have a idea after check you log as following:
2016-11-28 13:17:03: INFO[Server]: * JJ RemoteClient 5: m_blocks_sent.size()=0, m_blocks_sending.size()=0, m_nearest_unsent_d=0, m_excess_gotblocks=0
when you run this game in your machine,you need a minetest.conf. what version of minetest.conf do you use?my version in github or?
I'll try to help with anything else which is odd whenever I encounter or notice it.
Thanks again, keep up the good work!
Cheers :)
hope i could help you to solve problem about crash...>_<,and tks very much.i'll try to do my best.
5).TODO-List

sgtpepper

by sgtpepper » Post

There's some problems in game since the jail thing :( I can't interact anymore in my area (area 55) : Everytime I punch a block I get in jail. I think that's because agent60, my friend, configure my markers because I didn't know how to do it. Can you fix it please or tell me what ? thx.
(very cool game, btw. Thx admin)

CuriousNoob

by CuriousNoob » Post

Thanks for the ideas. We are starting to identify similarities and differences, which is always good for troubleshooting. :)

1) Versions

You compile Minetest yourself, but I use the pre-built package from ''minetestdevs'' ppa repository with Linux Mint 18.

I have used Software-Update today to update Minetest to the latest daily version, but that has not cured it.

Maybe a locally-built binary is something I could try ( some time ago I did find that a locally-built client was able to login to one public server which was impossible with the package from minetestdevs. ) ... and I will report results, whenever.

The version noted in the logs is :

INFO[Main]: minetest with SER_FMT_VER_HIGHEST_READ=26, VER=0.4.14-dev BUILD_TYPE=None RUN_IN_PLACE=0 USE_GETTEXT=1 USE_SOUND=1 USE_CURL=1 USE_FREETYPE=1 USE_LUAJIT=1 STATIC_SHAREDIR="/usr/share/minetest"

but from Software-Update history it seems to be :

201611280802-0~5147_ubuntu16.04.1

The little 'irr'' in the final lines of the earlier crash-logs makes me wonder if this is about Irrlicht, which I believe is more of a low-level thing related to displaying 3D graphics ... I don't know what the ''F1000'' variable is all about, and I don't know whether the failing command is at the higher-level Minetest/Mars_Survival calling-end or at the lower-level Irrlicht/Xorg system backend which is being called.

2) Method of Launch

You are using ''minetestserver'' but I have been launching my Minetest server using the terminal command :

minetest   --server   --config ~/.minetest/minetest.conf.SERVER   --gameid marsu   --worldname    20161127_Mars_Survival_test_03   --info   --logfile ~/.minetest/minetest.conf.SERVER.debug.txt_$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)

I do not know if ''minetestserver'' is just a wrapper for ''minetest --server'' or whether it adds extra functionality and consequential low-level differences.

3) minetest.conf

That file ''minetest.conf.SERVER'' dates back to a much earlier period when I was previously experimenting with Minetest. It is many, many months old, and would probably be based around Minetest version 0.4.13 protocols and preferences.

I do not know whether there are consequential changes in the .conf settings for 0.4.14 and I have not searched that route yet.

But it is worth remembering that the old .conf did not seem to be causing problems before this issue ... indeed quite the opposite, before the alien-triggered crash things appeared to be going well, I was exploring and digging as normal for more than an hour.

However, I did try launching it while completely omitting the ''--config ~/foo'' option ... but sadly same result, crashed like before.

I also tried explicitly using your GitHub-supplied ''--config ~/.minetest/games/marsu_game/minetest.conf'' ... and sadly another crash like before.

4) Latest GitHub download

Oops!

Would not even start ... multiple ''WARNING'' and ''ERROR'' thrown out.

It seems to abort when it cannot reach files outside its security-limited directory-paths.

Entire (shorter-than-usual) log :

2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Using system-wide paths (NOT RUN_IN_PLACE)
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Detected share path: /usr/share/minetest
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Detected user path: /home/username/.minetest
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Detected cache path: /home/username/.cache/minetest
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Using locale directory /usr/share/minetest/locale
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: minetest with SER_FMT_VER_HIGHEST_READ=26, VER=0.4.14-dev BUILD_TYPE=None RUN_IN_PLACE=0 USE_GETTEXT=1 USE_SOUND=1 USE_CURL=1 USE_FREETYPE=1 USE_LUAJIT=1 STATIC_SHAREDIR="/usr/share/minetest"
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Message locale is now set to: LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_COLLATE=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_MONETARY=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_PAPER=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_NAME=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_ADDRESS=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_TELEPHONE=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_MEASUREM
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: NT=en_GB.UTF-8;LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_GB.UTF-8
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Searching worlds...
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:   In /home/username/.minetest/worlds: 
--snip--
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: 20161127_Mars_Survival_test_03 
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: 31 found.
2016-11-28 20:19:30: [Main]: Using world specified by --worldname on the command line
2016-11-28 20:19:30: [Main]: Using game specified by --gameid on the command line
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Using commanded world path [/home/username/.minetest/worlds/20161127_Mars_Survival_test_03]
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Server created for gameid "marsu"
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: - world:  /home/username/.minetest/worlds/20161127_Mars_Survival_test_03
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: - game:   /home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Initializing world at /home/username/.minetest/worlds/20161127_Mars_Survival_test_03
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: ObjDefManager: added biome: name="Default" index=0 uid=48
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: EmergeManager: using 1 threads
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: BanManager: loading from /home/username/.minetest/worlds/20161127_Mars_Survival_test_03/ipban.txt
2016-11-28 20:19:30: ERROR[Main]: mod "trap" has unsatisfied dependencies:  "animal_vombie"
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: ServerMap: Metadata loaded from /home/username/.minetest/worlds/20161127_Mars_Survival_test_03
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Server: Initializing Lua
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: SCRIPTAPI: Initialized game modules
2016-11-28 20:19:30: WARNING[Main]: NodeDefManager: Ignoring CONTENT_IGNORE redefinition
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: Server: Loading mods: walking_light travelnet sponge sethome2 screwdriver fire dye default wool farming farming_plus beds stairsplus circularsaw stairs workbench marssurvive economy cottages signs_lib signs moreores more_chests mobs zombies lightning mymo
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: ths lantern gemalde flowers doors protector digilines currency creative inventory_plus zcg skins home_gui bags compost compassgps caverealms bucket bones ufos technic_worldgen concrete extranodes plants_lib moretrees poisonivy flowers_plus bushes_classic 
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: esecons mesecons_wires mesecons_torch mesecons_switch mesecons_receiver mesecons_walllever mesecons_button mesecons_random mesecons_pressureplates mesecons_powerplant mesecons_noteblock mesecons_mvps pipeworks technic_chests technic bitchange wrench mesec
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: ns_stickyblocks mesecons_pistons mesecons_microcontroller mesecons_materials mesecons_solarpanel mesecons_movestones mesecons_detector mesecons_luacontroller mesecons_lightstone mesecons_lamp mesecons_insulated mesecons_hydroturbine mesecons_extrawires me
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: econs_doors mesecons_delayer mesecons_gates mesecons_commandblock mesecons_blinkyplant mesecons_alias itemframes glowtest animalmaterials craftguide chatplus email atchat areas markers junglegrass linus_added hud hunger adv_spawning mobf mobf_settings bar
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:  mob_environments mob_npc 
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:   [walking_light] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/walking_light/init.lua"]
2016-11-28 20:19:30: WARNING[Main]: Field "tile_images": Deprecated; new name is "tiles".
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:        [C]: in function 'register_item_raw'
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:        /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:180: in function 'register_item'
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:        /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:206: in function 'register_node'
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:        ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/walking_light/init.lua:108: in main chunk
2016-11-28 20:19:30: WARNING[Main]: Field "light_propagates": Deprecated; determined from paramtype
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:        [C]: in function 'register_item_raw'
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:        /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:180: in function 'register_item'
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:        /usr/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:206: in function 'register_node'
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:        ...e/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/walking_light/init.lua:108: in main chunk
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:   [travelnet   ] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/travelnet/init.lua"]
[Mod travelnet] Error: Savefile '/home/username/.minetest/worlds/20161127_Mars_Survival_test_03/mod_travelnet.data' not found.
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:   [sponge      ] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/sponge/init.lua"]
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:   [sethome2    ] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/sethome2/init.lua"]
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:   [screwdriver ] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/screwdriver/init.lua"]
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:   [fire        ] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/fire/init.lua"]
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:   [dye         ] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/dye/init.lua"]
2016-11-28 20:19:30: INFO[Main]:   [default     ] ["/home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/default/init.lua"]
2016-11-28 20:19:30: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/default/init.lua:
2016-11-28 20:19:30: ERROR[Main]: Attempt to access external file /home/username/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/linus_added/linus_added/init.lua with mod security on.
2016-11-28 20:19:30: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-11-28 20:19:30: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'dofile'
2016-11-28 20:19:30: ERROR[Main]:       ...sername/.minetest/games/marsu_game/mods/default/init.lua:39: in main chunk
I will try to compile from source locally, then I'll report results.

This is what's good about the F.O.S.S. ideal, the ability to pool eyes and IQ and experiences so that we all benefit.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

juli

by juli » Post

sorry CuriousNoobthat i don't spoke about your Problem now, because there is a bigger Problem for all Players on the Marsserver.

@sgtpepper: i think that fixes your Problem, the same Problem has also iTheKiller and agent60 ...

I'am sorry for my not well tested Code, i have tested the code, which i send in my last post, only with 2 Players and one area Offline and not with subareas. So most Players will be teleported in to jail, even though they only digged in his own area.
I asked Gundul (the admin of the Jungle server) for his jail code and her has written the following:
Gundul wrote:
juli wrote:Gundul can u post the jail code u used or send me a link, because we wanna use it at marssurvive server?
replace interact.lua in the folder of areas mod by this. Do not forget to adjust ccordinates :)
Here is the code with the changed coordinates:

local old_is_protected = minetest.is_protected
function minetest.is_protected(pos, name)
	if not areas:canInteract(pos, name) then
		return true
	end
	return old_is_protected(pos, name)
end

minetest.register_on_protection_violation(function(pos, name)

local owners = areas:getNodeOwners(pos)
		minetest.chat_send_player(name,
			("%s is protected by %s."):format(
				minetest.pos_to_string(pos),
				table.concat(owners, ", ")))

-- Begin here teleporting player to x,y,z if touching
		 local player = minetest.get_player_by_name(name) -- local var for playername

if not player then return end

player:setpos({x=638,y=5,z=473}) --- teleport to Coordinate x,y,z

end
end)
Linushsao can u please unmerge the first code i have sent you and merge this code like Gundul said?

juli

by juli » Post

sorry CuriousNoob that i don't spoke about your Problem now, because there is a bigger Problem for all Players on the Marsserver.

@sgtpepper: i think that fixes your Problem, the same Problem has also iTheKiller and agent60 ...

I'am sorry for my not well tested Code, i have tested the code, which i send in my last post, only with 2 Players and one area Offline and not with subareas. So most Players will be teleported in to jail, even though they only digged in his own area.
I asked Gundul (the admin of the Jungle server) for his jail code and her has written the following:
Gundul wrote:
juli wrote:Gundul can u post the jail code u used or send me a link, because we wanna use it at marssurvive server?
replace interact.lua in the folder of areas mod by this. Do not forget to adjust ccordinates :)
Here is the code with the changed coordinates:

local old_is_protected = minetest.is_protected
function minetest.is_protected(pos, name)
		return true
	end
	return old_is_protected(pos, name)
end

minetest.register_on_protection_violation(function(pos, name)

local owners = areas:getNodeOwners(pos)
		minetest.chat_send_player(name,
			("%s is protected by %s."):format(
				minetest.pos_to_string(pos),
				table.concat(owners, ", ")))

-- Begin here teleporting player to x,y,z if touching
		 local player = minetest.get_player_by_name(name) -- local var for playername

if not player then return end

player:setpos({x=638,y=5,z=473}) --- teleport to Coordinate x,y,z

end
end)
Linushsao can u please unmerge the first code i have sent you and merge this code like Gundul said?

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote: Linushsao can u please unmerge the first code i have sent you and merge this code like Gundul said?
juli,tks for your&Gundul(Lord of the ring?) help. already merge&restart server.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

Oh,I do a wrong merge this morning,I'm too hurry to office.I will 're-merge gundul's code about 8:00 pm
Last edited by linushsao on Tue Nov 29, 2016 05:13, edited 2 times in total.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

linushsao wrote:Oh,I do a wrong merge this morning,I'm to hurry to office.I will 're-merge gundul's code about 8:00 am
re-merge according to Gundul's suggestion&code and juli's position of jail,restarting minetestserver successful(by cell phone..@@a),but out IRC is download. i'll figure it out tonight.
5).TODO-List

juli

by juli » Post

Why there is not the Marssurviveserver map anymore there if i login to the server?
There is now a Map full of unknown blocks!

bpatlarge
In-game: bpatlarge

by bpatlarge » Post

Something terribly wrong with the game server. All blocks are "unknown" and the HUD and inventory interface is empty.

Attachments
minetest screenshot 2016-11-29 112016.png
minetest screenshot 2016-11-29 112016.png (594.12 KiB) Viewed 2189 times

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

I'm outside,will be right back.I have setup daily backup twice a day.it's ok.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

ok,it works as normal,including ingame IRC/new-merged code.recovery from world's backup(7:30PM's version)

5).TODO-List

linushsao

by linushsao » Post

sgtpepper wrote:There's some problems in game since the jail thing :( I can't interact anymore in my area (area 55) : Everytime I punch a block I get in jail. I think that's because agent60, my friend, configure my markers because I didn't know how to do it. Can you fix it please or tell me what ? thx.
(very cool game, btw. Thx admin)
tks for your enjoying this game,and sorry for put you into jail ...>_< ,

and tks for juli helping us to correct the code about jail.
5).TODO-List