[Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

juli
GitHub: cpdef
In-game: juli

Re: [Server] Minetest_MarsSurvival

by juli » Post

Thank u for adding this mod tm3 :)
@Mahal and other peoples inspecting Problems on the server:
can u please write this Problems here on forum in a list or so?
Then don't have to search the Problems in my inbox ... and also u don't have to write them to
me and tm3 if u hope, that both try to fix them (and whats about you linus? ;) ).

linushsao
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

by linushsao » Post

juli wrote:Thank u for adding this mod tm3 :)
@Mahal and other peoples inspecting Problems on the server:
can u please write this Problems here on forum in a list or so?
Then don't have to search the Problems in my inbox ... and also u don't have to write them to
me and tm3 if u hope, that both try to fix them (and whats about you linus? ;) ).
yes?
1)Server:Mars World
2).address:139.59.238.211:30016
3).manual(in processing):http://tinyurl.com/jyjkrgl
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

juli

by juli » Post

The aliens should now spawn again with a chance of 10 in an area of 80^2 every 120 seconds, near sand.
I tested it with the newest version of marsu game offline and there were aliens spawning.
Please tell if there is still a Problem with the aliens.

EDIT:
tested it on the server: there are now aliens spawning for sure, i hope not to many XD
i also try to fix an problem with the tree-airgen to make it useable

Is there someone on the server producing air already sucessfully?
I know there is a Problem with flowers disappearing ...

tm3
IRC: tm3
In-game: tm3

by tm3 » Post

juli wrote:The aliens should now spawn again with a chance of 10 in an area of 80^2 every 120 seconds, near sand.
I tested it with the newest version of marsu game offline and there were aliens spawning.
Please tell if there is still a Problem with the aliens.

EDIT:
tested it on the server: there are now aliens spawning for sure, i hope not to many XD
i also try to fix an problem with the tree-airgen to make it useable

Is there someone on the server producing air already sucessfully?
I know there is a Problem with flowers disappearing ...
How is it going with your transfer to the capital city? :)

Thanks for the debug juli about those aliens not spawning. :)
Lol but there are too much aliens outside of spawn even :P man reduce the number :P They are lagging server too. make 1% chance or make it 1800 or even 3600 seconds or something. This is too much ;)

Regarding server the flowers weren't disappearing but they were converted to dry grass because of weather effect or something which is really not good. Also, add WEED to air production. I think they are immune to such weather :P may be not i don't know never tested it. This problem can be solved by making the dry grass produce oxygen too :P lol so season and air production can be compatible with each other :P

Also, server restarts randomly sometimes (i guess since the last mars game update) when players join i have seen it numerous times from irc. Even when new players joins, it happens sometimes. :(

PS: Linus appears and replies when you say his name :P xD otherwise he is asleep :P xD
- Yours truly TM3

Mahal
In-game: Aule

by Mahal » Post

Hi folks!

1. thank you for adding the replacer !!! Its great to build complex stuff with it :)
2. Thanks for enable the aliens again, but please reduce their spawn chance / amount or lifetime drastically ! After playing a while on server there are thousands everywhere .. crashing even the server . It was quite funny to deal with them .. but now there are way too much of them! Lagging everything to instant death ^^

juli

by juli » Post

Should we rename the server to Alien Invasion? XD

ok i go to reduce the spawn chance ;)

tm3

by tm3 » Post

Yah! let's rename it to Alien invasion of Mars.

They have set up base in Mars to take down earthlings :P xD

Anyways, thanks juli for reduction of aliens, it actually slowing down server a lot. Reduce their number and increase the time of spawn too :)
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Post

Changes i made today:
- reduce alien number (it should now be normal, i tested it for around 1/2 hour)
- fix 2 recipes: secam and diglazer is craftable again
- flowers don't turn into dry grass if they are not in vacuum, or if they are inside an airmaker which has an pot_lid on top
(punch one time if the flower is put on it, see at spawn for an example)

A short list what should be changed:
- secam sound??? (don't know if this is fixed already)
- sound for marssurvive:door1
- fix crashs on player join (@tm3 u could send me the error messages u read in the log, would be good for fix)

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

Hi there ,
I made a custom version of the scifi_nodes mod to add walking sound for nearly all nodes incl. doors (I used the marssurvive door sound for them) ! I also added some recycle recipe, to get the basic scifi nodes from some "products" .. to be able to use them again for another recipe. I like to add / change more , but need time to do that. Tell me , If you don't like the recipes .. but please add sound at least.

changes are only in:
- init.lua
- crafts.lua
- sounds folder
Attachments
scifi_nodes_Mahal.zip
doomed scifi_nodes mod incl. sound + some recipes
(370.55 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

juli

by juli » Post

i have looked into the diff (vimdiff :) ) and it looks good, so i merged it

tm3

by tm3 » Post

Thanks juli for your help. i will send you those things. They are in logs i will point it out where and when they are.

For secam i have already put a sound. Don't know whether it is there after changes though. May be i will check it again.

Thanks Aule. i think juli has already added some i saw on github. Put your version of scifi mod on github too and send the link to both of us; so that any change you make, we can compare, test and add accordingly. It's lot easier that way. :)

PS: what on earth Vimdiff doing here on this game :P ;) Also, i will talk to you juli about another mod in game later or in irc may be to ease the interaction process and hassle free without our interference :) Though it will need a little bit tweak may be :)
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Post

lol i have only checked with vimdiff what aule has done ...
i opened the new and old init.lua and crafts.lua ... because i don't wanna merge first and then look nto the changes,
or make a new git-fork

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

Cna someone help me?
I accidently broke my sapling and now I cannot do anything can somebody give me one?
This is a cool signature. :)

tm3

by tm3 » Post

LRV wrote:Cna someone help me?
I accidently broke my sapling and now I cannot do anything can somebody give me one?
Accidentally broke your sapling. uh lol. ok. I will give you few. mars sapling i guess or any other tree. you forgot to mention.
- Yours truly TM3

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

this server looks fun, i may join sometime
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

Hello folks,

I like to know which part(s) of the servers mods spawns the scifi_nodes plants on the pollution:polluted_dirt ?!
I searched inside code .. but didn't found it . Maybe this custom function is in a special mod?

Thanks in advance :)

tm3

by tm3 » Post

Mahal wrote:Hello folks,

I like to know which part(s) of the servers mods spawns the scifi_nodes plants on the pollution:polluted_dirt ?!
I searched inside code .. but didn't found it . Maybe this custom function is in a special mod?

Thanks in advance :)
Hi! Nice to see you back again :) How was your holiday ?

Yes, that is in a special path "mods > linus_added > abm.lua" LN: 62 - 113 :)
- Yours truly TM3

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

Hey tm3,
Thank you for your fast answer!
My holidays were nice , and i am already missing the warm weather and ocean. Sadly we don't have that where I am living :( But at least i can go online in MT and play at a beach there :)
CU ingame

linushsao

[Announce] Server shutdown for backup

by linushsao » Post

Hi,all. as title. maybe tonight or these days.
4).for my(admin's) role in all my servers,i'll be as the earth/water/fire/wind. i maintain that system,but not manage/touch players directly in game,not own the crafts on planet. i just keep watching the worlds.
5).TODO-List

linushsao

[Announce] .deb package for Minetest_MarsSurvival game

by linushsao » Post

hi,all. after reading the document about DebPacking,i make a .deb package to install mars-game using apt system of debian.it'll install game into /usr/share/game/marsu,and it's only for linux(sorry for users of other OS.)。

download link: https://goo.gl/k5koPD

i'm try to become a debian maintainer(DM) to make it easier to install by apt-get install,but it seems hard for me to be DM(too many steps,i'm try to realize it...@@a).

pls feel free to tell me if something wrong during install this package,i wish we could install mars-game via apt-get someday ,tks~
5).TODO-List

Mahal

by Mahal » Post

Hello folks,
since its often calm on Mars Server .. and i have less time now. I cant wait ingame till one of the admins will appear . So i like to ask here for a buddy who likes to get interact on the server. His name is

"Mototank" .

btw: if u like to have more players on your cool server: it might be helpfull to use a random generated password to get interact automatically . While the PW needs to be hidden in the list of the serverrules. This way you can at least ensure that new players read the rules (to find the PW :). Knowledge about survival (or where to find informations ) can be a part of them ;)

tm3

by tm3 » Post

Mahal wrote:Hello folks,
since its often calm on Mars Server .. and i have less time now. I cant wait ingame till one of the admins will appear . So i like to ask here for a buddy who likes to get interact on the server. His name is

"Mototank" .

btw: if u like to have more players on your cool server: it might be helpfull to use a random generated password to get interact automatically . While the PW needs to be hidden in the list of the serverrules. This way you can at least ensure that new players read the rules (to find the PW :). Knowledge about survival (or where to find informations ) can be a part of them ;)
Mars is mostly calm anyways :P. Players come and go looking at the bizarre place.

I am always there. The only thing that it was festival time. So, i couldn't appear mostly. And now, my broadband connection is cut off since 3 days or so lol. So, running on 3G,4G whatever G's. :P Regarding, the giving interact, yes i am already on a auto interact giving mod. Problem is i am not able to give it much time due to some work and travelling.

But, anyways, i always check IRC and the forum posts at least once everyday for mails and messages. I have replied to your friend Mototank already on the same day or so. He/she didn't replied subsequently. Only, today he/she replied and He/she was given interact as per procedure :)
- Yours truly TM3

juli

by juli » Post

why is the server down??? any ideas?

Aha it has been because of the economy mod, but why?
it has not changed since one year on this server ...

tm3

by tm3 » Post

juli wrote:why is the server down??? any ideas?

Aha it has been because of the economy mod, but why?
it has not changed since one year on this server ...
Linus has replied :P ew hu lol. Check your PM, i have one for you :)
- Yours truly TM3

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

This server is just like Mars .... DEAD.

I started rebuilding my base, playing painting mod for billboards and signage. I've adding extensive builds.

1) Roads: Building roads with color coded side bars so players can find their way. Leads to new areas to build.

2) MARS Sentry program. Alien spawns are piling up so I setup protect security cam turrets. There is 3 style of
turrets. Each turret is marked off with warning tape. Turrets can be moved as needed.

Red Check: simple security camera
Grey Check: Turret with shop
Gold : Full service. Shelter with air, shops. Limited since they're expensive to build.

3) Green Areas: With ponds with chest of mars cobble and a few compost bins. Free for all players to use.
Please refill mossy cobble.

Players can build near roads, sentry or ponds without the 100 block restriction. Turrets might be move once players have their own defenses.

Bring back Iron Man shop. I need more chickens now I have sustainable air. New air has been the death of the server.