So many people have have been brainstorming for our anniversary party, not just here but in game too. Great work everybody. I'm loving these suggestions!
SuckerForPain wrote:Changing texture pack of server in something silly :p
What kind of texture pack did you have in mind? Maybe I could go for that infamous "stone world" theme that maike installed by accident last year after Halloween. That made quite an impression, albeit not very comical xD
iisu wrote:Here's a few:
- Add a memorial stone node like the one in memory of JT, with some JT2 related picture, possibly something related to our JT traditions but also something that differs us with JT. Alas I don't have any idea at the moment, maybe somebody else please help (or maybe memorial coin or something that we could boast on item frames).
- Big mobs like on JT all day.
- Bring back griefer souls for a day (actually I thought you would bring them back when making teleport pads craftable to use them to craft the teleports).
- A crazy one: back up the server and remove all protection from the map to make it a true survival for one day, or at least harsher than JT itself. Then the next day bring back the backup and the protection.
I like the idea of a memorial stone. While I was brainstorming last week, that was the first thing to come to mind. Maybe I could find somebody to help design a cool texture.
Giant mobs will be easy to do. I already plan to add a Phoenix, for some extra fun and challenge. I can also remove the limitation on mobs spawning in town, so that nowhere is safe!
I will see how to incorporate griefer souls back into the game. I'm not sure what purpose they will serve with the change to Pandoras Box. Maybe they could have some other special properties.
I'm hesitant to remove protection from the world. Some players might not like the idea of their builds being destroyed, esp. if they are being targeted for revenge. What I can do is make a portion of spawn into a sandbox like just test.
Stix wrote:how a bout a giant banner
I think a banner would look cool. I will see how to fit it into the decor.
Here are other proposals that people brought to my attention via PM and in-game:
- abeloi recommended adding cake, so I will try to install some specialty foods to fit the theme. Donuts, cupcakes, cookies, pizza, ice cream, etc. should work well.
- DragonsVolcanoDance recommended random drops around spawn throughout the day, and maybe an extra rare drop for anyone that manages to snag a Phoenix.
- Arisha_L recommended expensive potions similar to golden easter eggs, perhaps to give players magical abilities such as no drowning, no hunger, higher jumping, etc.
- AspireMint recommended fireworks and confetti at spawn or a different player model with some type of silly party hat and horn (it's always hard to tell if he's joking or not ;)
On a related note, we had an unofficial preparty of sorts tonight in the dungeon at spawn. Lots of antics and debauchery ensued between DVD, SV, igoreg, Arisha, myself and various n00bs. Plus fire, yes lots of fire xD